Viking Playground?? Are they ok?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrambo001

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let me start by saying that I have used Viking Playground in the past and the service has always been excellent.

Now I currently have a few figures on Pre-order from Viking.

I know that they got hit by hurricane Sandy and I'm just wondering if they're up and running.

I have tried contacting them via their webpage and haven't had any luck.

I don't mean to sound insensitive but I'm wondering if I need to move those pre-orders elsewhere or go to evil-bay.

Anyone's input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Posted on OSW after the hurricane issues that they were back up and running, some of their stock was water damaged, but that was sold seperately by the OSW forums I believe. Very reliable in my experience.

Ordered a battle suit Jill on there site they never got it in so why have it up for order? will never order from them again.

You guys need to be a little more patient. Viking playground are one of the very best places to shop for figs.

Ordered a battle suit Jill on there site they never got it in so why have it up for order? will never order from them again.

I had ordered alot from them and never had any problems besides that one figure as well. Talked on the phone with them and great customer service. Hope they are doing well.

You guys need to be a little more patient. Viking playground are one of the very best places to shop for figs.

I have never had a problem with them and I apologize if anyone took this post as an attempt to knock them.

I will gladly continue to give them my business if they're up and running.

However, I ordered the DAM navy seal corpsman from them. All other suppliers got them in stock and are now sold out and I haven't been able to get any info from Viking yet. Just want to know if I should look elsewhere.

I also ordered this figure from them and thought I was the only one that had trouble with it. Not a huge issue for me as they don't charge until shipped so it was never paid. Plus I kind of didn't want it anyway so in the end it worked out.

My latest order that I received was early last month for the Iron Monger that I preordered months ago. It went smoothly and as usual well packed, only minor issue was that I didn't receive a notice that it was sent, it just showed up one day.

Bottom line, my experience with them has been positive and will order from them again in the future.

For the record, I never experienced any issues with Alexei when I've purchased from him in the past.

I heard from Alexei over the weekend. He told me he suffered water damage to some inventory in their retail store when Sandy hit.

BTW . . . his stock of the Art Figures Soldiers of Fortune figure is arriving this week.

BTW . . . his stock of the Art Figures Soldiers of Fortune figure is arriving this week.

Well, I'm glad to hear he's still around. Also glad to hear about the Soldier of fortune figure since I have it on pre-order from him.

I'll try giving him a call later to ask about the DAM Navy Seal Corpsman.

Finally managed to get through to them.

Got the same news about the Art Figures soldier of fortune coming in by Friday.

Unfortunately the DAM corpsman was never sent to them by their distributor so he's trying to get them from another source. Said they should come this month.

Back