Why isn't any company making 1/6 zombies anymore?!?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steyfrosty

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the ENORMOUS popularity of zombies and zombies TV and Movies out there WHY arent there any 1/6 zombies being made anymore? What happened to Sideshow's "The Dead" line? I thought it was original and very creative but they discontinued and why isn't any other company stepping up and creating more 1/6 walkers? Any one have a clue? The market is wide open IMO.

I'm craving some myself, I only got the one punk figure from the dead line and love it, I'm a hugh walking dead fan and would love to get them figures in 1/6 by sideshow preferabley. Theres some hope on the horzion though with SHS nate from creepshow and maybe more, theres also the woody harrldson figure and few few crappy 3a zombies but there to crappy to put on my shelf.

So I'm with you on this, I would even be fine with some knockoff companys doing walking dead figures like art figures or dam, bring them on already!!!

I'm craving some myself, I only got the one punk figure from the dead line and love it, I'm a hugh walking dead fan and would love to get them figures in 1/6 by sideshow preferabley. Theres some hope on the horzion though with SHS nate from creepshow and maybe more, theres also the woody harrldson figure and few few crappy 3a zombies but there to crappy to put on my shelf.

So I'm with you on this, I would even be fine with some knockoff companys doing walking dead figures like art figures or dam, bring them on already!!!

Agreed! The Dead series from SSC was great and still look great even though they're a little older now. There has been an improvement if 1/6 sculpts in general so can you imagine zombies created with this year's know how?!? This would be awesome! C'mon companies lets get it done, the market is yours for the taking!!!

Agreed! The Dead series from SSC was great and still look great even though they're a little older now. There has been an improvement if 1/6 sculpts in general so can you imagine zombies created with this year's know how?!? This would be awesome! C'mon companies lets get it done, the market is yours for the taking!!!

Yeah it would be cool to get a super realistic zombie at the class of hot toys in detail, the kinda thing that creeps you out looking at it on a shelf:horror I would be cool with some generic zombies, thats what made the dead line so awesome, they could just keep going and going with no end to the amount of zombies they could make, sad that they canned the line.

Hopefully they will wise up and reactivate it, or get the walking dead license, they could not only do the 1/6 stuff but also a few PF's of main caractors, they would sell out for sure.

A little off track but Coo models are putting out some amazing 1/6 skeletions coming out this month I think, There's a death reaper and a skeleton warrior, they could be modded to make zombies, I'm picking up a bunch as soon as they release:yess:

I was looking forward to seeing SHS zombies but they haven't updated in months and we haven't seen anything from them about it except them saying they were doing zombies. At this point I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah i owned Some of The Dead Subjects

The Harbinger
Tactical Containment Officer
Doctor
Custom made Fireman from the dead ornament

I loved them , i wanted to collect the whole line but Hot Toys Dx01 Joker got his hook in me and never bought another.

I would buy new versions of The Dead if SSC was to make them.

To go back and try to re-aquire the original Dead Subjects is crazy because look at the prices on these now , It's ridiculous , and i'm betting the price hikes are because of the popularity of The Walking Dead or because they are long sold out and rare now.

Or Both

Yeah i owned Some of The Dead Subjects

The Harbinger
Tactical Containment Officer
Doctor
Custom made Fireman from the dead ornament

I loved them , i wanted to collect the whole line but Hot Toys Dx01 Joker got his hook in me and never bought another.

I would buy new versions of The Dead if SSC was to make them.

To go back and try to re-aquire the original Dead Subjects is crazy because look at the prices on these now , It's ridiculous , and i'm betting the price hikes are because of the popularity of The Walking Dead or because they are long sold out and rare now.

Or Both

Word, I thought about going back for some but yeah prices are higher than I willing to pay for them. There really is a gap in the market right now for someone to jump in and make some big bucks producing 1/6 zombies, neca really missed the boat on the walking dead line, I would have liked to see them produce a few in there 12" line, would be really affordable at like 30-40 bucks a figure.

I'm glad I collected most of The Dead line, just missing the Punk and Butcher because I can't bring myself to lay down the cash they command. I can't pay $150ish for a $40 new figure. :lol

Hopefully SHS can step up. The massive delay has really made me start having doubts.

I'm glad I collected most of The Dead line, just missing the Punk and Butcher because I can't bring myself to lay down the cash they command. I can't pay $150ish for a $40 new figure. :lol

Hopefully SHS can step up. The massive delay has really made me start having doubts.

:exactly: I lucked out about a year ago and found the punk on corner store comics still in stock at retail, Its was the last one:yess: As far a SHS's goes I can't say that the delay was'nt a dissapointment cause it is, but dooleys a good guy and trying to get his business on its feet so I will surport him. He's really the only guy out there even doing zombies right now so its not like we have much choice it we want them, that and his prices are really very good.

I was looking forward to seeing SHS zombies but they haven't updated in months and we haven't seen anything from them about it except them saying they were doing zombies. At this point I'm not holding my breath.

SHS will show zombies soon. Poor Dooley's just working his *** off ATM. I've no doubt that when they'll finally hit, it'll be exactly what we need.

SHS will show zombies soon. Poor Dooley's just working his *** off ATM. I've no doubt that when they'll finally hit, it'll be exactly what we need.

If and when they finally do rise from the grave *cough* I have no doubt that they will be awesome, I've heard nothing but good things about their stuff. I'm just hoping Dooley can chime in at some point and give us a sneak peek. I love me some zombies.

If and when they finally do rise from the grave *cough* I have no doubt that they will be awesome, I've heard nothing but good things about their stuff. I'm just hoping Dooley can chime in at some point and give us a sneak peek. I love me some zombies.

Does Dooley have a website or a Facebook page? If so, can someone share? Would love to see his wrk! Thanks

Thanks for that friend, I checked it out. I'm hoping to see more from him & hopefully other companies that are ready to sweep the market. Who knows, maybe Sideshow might re-issue or even create new figs of "The Dead" line. The popularity of zombies is greater now than it was when the sideshow line came out!

No prob! From what they were talking about, if their Dead line ever resurfaces, instead of doing contemporary Dead figures, they were going to take it in some lame direction like zombies throughout time (like the PF's have gone recently). I'm a completist of The Dead's original 1:6 run but have zero interest in the likes of historical characters as zombies. That type of idea belongs on those MEGO parody figures, not high-end 1/6 stuff. :monkey1

When creating zombies, they don't all have to be overly decayed. The "Babysitter" for instance, had half her face ripped off but the other side was still in tact. The beauty of creating zombies is that it's limitless. You can create some very decayed and some with just flesh wounds. The zombies that can be created are endless!

When creating zombies, they don't all have to be overly decayed. The "Babysitter" for instance, had half her face ripped off but the other side was still in tact. The beauty of creating zombies is that it's limitless. You can create some very decayed and some with just flesh wounds. The zombies that can be created are endless!

There was quite a bit of hate over Subject 1206 though who looked freshly turned, and just the same, Subject 805 who was a bit green and looked more decayed. So it's a fine line.

Back