Kotobukiya ArtFX Dark Knight Returns, Poppies/People's Picks update

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Another year has flown by, and tonight's review is the last of 2012. It seems fitting that I'm checking out a Batman statue, considering how much I love the license. This time it's the latest release from Kotobukiya in their ArtFX series, based on his Dark Knight Returns look. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

And since it's the end of the year, it's almost time for the Poppies and the People's Picks voting! The Poppies judges have been busy over the last couple months coming up with the nominations for the ballot, and the voting for both awards will begin on January 6th. Watch for the link, so you can cast your vote!

Thanks for reading, and have a terrific New Year celebration!

Michael
MWC

Love that Bats. The only thing I'm not loving is how much of the Joker is in the statue. I know it's a Batman piece, but so little of the Joker looks odd to me.

Great review! I'm torn on this piece though. It's beautiful, but there's a couple of problems that I've noticed. Batman should be standing in,on top of water but his left foot in unnaturally elevated off of the ground when you use the base and although batman is standing at water level, the Joker's lower half is no where to be found! It just doesn't make sense to me. Also, the joker's hand position is suggestive from some angles... hahaha. Someone talk me into this piece I really want to like it (and buy it)!

I have this piece and it is really beautifull. It captures the style of Frank Miller perfectly. The base is not perfect (By far the weakest part of the statue. Compared to Batman and Joker it just feels cheap.). The main idea was that Joker's lower half is in the water but yeah Batman in that regard is a little wierd, but everything else make up for the little fault it has. My advice is buy it! You won't regret it. The quality is very good on this especially for the price. The paintjob is perfect and the piece is very solid, also heavy. I love mine and I am glad I picked up.

Great review, Michael. I'm definitely interested in this. One question about the scale though, would you say that this is in 1/5 scale or 1/6 scale?

He looks like he'd be taller than 1/6, but the head size seems 1/6
review_dkbatjoker_6.jpg

By comparison, the Jim Lee Koto is billed as 1/6, but his head seems tiny.
review_kotoblackbat_7.jpg

Back