Dear Sideshow: "Bust Dioramas" ARE NOT "Vs Dioramas"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SolidLiquidFox

doing it...for all of us
Reaction score
Spidey Vs Venom is not a bad piece for what it is. Venom's arm looks a bit unorthodox but we can see better pics later. If it is $200 and Venom has no legs then so be it.

However, next time you promise us a Vs Diorama please deliver the goods. Mislabeling your products is not a good thing. As collectors, we budget accordingly and set up all these weird rules in our heads about completing a specific line. If it's a Bust Diorama then clearly say so up front.

If next week we find out Venom has legs then please disregard this thread. I just had to get this off my chest as I am feeling a bit let down right now. I am sure Martin will make this piece the best it can be. Although it's going to be hard erasing my high expectations for a REAL Vs diorama piece.

i understand where your coming from solid.im a bit dissapointed vemon
isn't full size also but i wouldn't call it a bustorama.
vemon is obviously coming out of the ground so its a diorama base
not a bust style base like thing is on.also spidey has him in an arm and tongue lock:lol so they are fighting hense vs.
ill be buying this for shore but i didnt like the f4 bust thing.

regards

I hope he has legs as well.

WvS, XvS, and HvS were all incredible vs pieces.

FF was ok and would have been a lot better if Thing had legs and the others were in scale with the rest of the vs. line.

Now, Venom looks like he has no legs either.

I just don't like it and would rather spend more money for a full Venom.

Maybe he will have them though.

I too planned accordingly to budget this piece into my collection of VS pieces. I held off on an eBay auction tonight too. Oh well...hope it will be worth it, and it is in fact a VS diorama.

he will have legs but covered by the structure or building he busted out off, and perhaps if you turn the diorama around, the legs will be shown from the back side. Also, his arm is supposed to be pulled back by Spidey like those you see in wrestling.

Nice to see that I'm not the only person who seems underwhelmed by this.

With all the dissapointment over this piece, I hope Sideshow goes back and reworks it to something that is more fitting of the the Spidey Vs. Venom rivalry, something with a little more dynamic. I also want to see Spidey's costume torn to shreds and a few cuts and scratches.

Yup, confirmed Venom does not have legs.

What a major let down.

If I'm flamed so be it, but I just can't see folks criticizing SS because they didn't design the SS piece the way they would prefer it. This is the decision of the SS design team and obviously the direction they want to take. If you don't like it don't buy it, just don't dump on them because it isn't what you were expecting.

I can see criticisms if the likenesses are not up to par, but that doesn't include deciding to do a bust instead of a full piece.

Regardless of whether the characters have legs or not they are going to be spectacular artistic renderings of the characters and still deserve to be appreciated for the great sculpts they are.

Okay, I will now put on my asbestos suit and prepare to be flamed :D

The quality of the sculpt is not in question. Martin Canale has given us no reason to doubt his technical prowess as a sculptor or his talent given his awesome track record.

The small backlash we are experiencing on this piece is due to there never being a formal announcement of a new sub-line created in the diorama line. If this was Star Wars things would be very different. They even label groups of characters within the 12" SW line (Heroes of the Rebellion, Order of the Jedi, etc.)

You look at the Marvel line and the same amount of care is not put into it when it comes to being clear. That's what is misleading and that's why people are disappointed. We were set up to believe this would be a full scene "Vs Diorama" and then it wasn't.

oxbeard said:
If I'm flamed so be it, but I just can't see folks criticizing SS because they didn't design the SS piece the way they would prefer it. This is the decision of the SS design team and obviously the direction they want to take. If you don't like it don't buy it, just don't dump on them because it isn't what you were expecting.
thank you :rock

SolidLiquidFox said:
The small backlash we are experiencing on this piece is due to there never being a formal announcement of a new sub-line created in the diorama line.
doesnt seem like a small backlash when entire new threads are created to rant about a PREVIEW pic. :rolleyes:

Where'd you buy that asbestos suit Ox? :D

Im still pissed that the X-Men Sentinal was only a head and hand. I mean wtf SS!

Yeah I thought this was going to follow the current FS VS Diorama line. If SS wants this new sub-line created with FF and now Spidey v Venom, then great. I will be waiting for the next true FS VS piece.

I'm looking forward to more pics. In this preview pic I just think the piece looks awkward. It may just be the angle the photo was taken at.

It just seems disappointing that SS would stray from what was so succesful in the first 3 VS dios.

My thing is, if you're going to do a bust, DO A BUST. Head and shoulders, that's it. For whatever reason they just look more "complete" than a character with no legs but still labelled as a bust. GG's minibusts and now SS's FF and Spidey/Venom pieces have that "unfinished" look to them which isn't as appealing.

Perhaps the FS dios were getting too big and too complicated, and SSC wanted to scale things back a bit with busts. I know I've read about quite a few returns due to problems on the X-Men/Sentinel and Hulk/Spidey pieces.

Back