Who's buying the HT 1/6 Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor Diorama?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's buying the HT Iron Man 2 Hall of Armor diorama?

• Total voters
Personally, Ive been waiting for this diorama to put my IM suits. But the price is really keeping me away ATM.

If they decide to stick with the price, I think I'd just sell my IM suits and use the money for the Bat or something.

Don't have enough Iron Mans to justify this...by next year I will only have Mark VII and Mark VI, VII is going with the Avengers while VI is going with War Machine

So far it seems most people like it, but just cant justify the price that HT/SS is asking for it.

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with them other than price. I think they're really great and I would love to have seven of them - if they were roughly half the price. It would even push me to purchase the Iron Man armors that I'm currently missing.

One other thing I don't get about the price apart from the obvious capitalistic profit gaining is that these don't come with figures and as far as I know there is no trademark whatsoever for them and therefore should not even need licensing fee apart from the namesake for promotion and stuff. So basically what you're buying are those stickers that you yourself have to stick on.

I'd buy one if it's sold for $50. More than that, I'd print out the promo pictures and stick 'em on the wall as backdrop.

If they slap the label "Iron Man 2", that means part of it will go towards Marvel.

If they pull a TTM 14 where they gave us a Gambit likeness but didnt put any "Gambit" on it, then Marvel dont get any profit.

Interested to see how many are actually buying this, despite seeing the complaints, I'm sure there are collectors who'd buy em.

I am with most on this board. The Marks that don't come with the stands (lighted) only cost $29 ship from China. That's fine. If they would have made them say $50 to $70 (maybe $70?) I would have order the full set of them. But at a $130 each. Na.

Top it off, I bought the lighted stands from China. So what do I do with those?

I think price is a huge issue here. Way overpriced. I personally only have the Mark IV but even if I had more Iron Man figures, I would display them in some dynamic pose rather than have them stand there in the case. Just my opinion :)

Thats another issue- this really only fits in an Iron Man collection, and then the awesome figures are kind of well... static and plain.

Are these awesome? No doubt. Are they dynamic for someone with more than Iron Man figures? Not so much.

If they slap the label "Iron Man 2", that means part of it will go towards Marvel.

If they pull a TTM 14 where they gave us a Gambit likeness but didnt put any "Gambit" on it, then Marvel dont get any profit.

Good point. I suppose we shouldn't put the blame on Marvel. It's more likely that it's Disney who's to blame here. Suits its MO.

Wow... so far 1 out of 10 people say that they're going to buy the whole set. Reckon I'll just gawk at the pictures once they post them in the forum.

I have all of the film armors (none of the stupid silly secret milk crap) and I REALLY wanted these, but the price is just insane. It should be halved or we should get double the product for the price. HT as finally priced themselves out of the market. They got too greedy and don't seem to care about the fans anymore, only money.

HT has finally priced themselves out of the market. They got too greedy and don't seem to care about the fans anymore, only money.

Thats a bit premature no? Say that after this things shelfwarm en masse. If that happens I hope it tells them that their prices are too high rather than give them the idea that this sort of thing holds no interest for people.

Hydeous, if you put an option "when these become peg-warmers and only cost $40-50 each" then yes I would buy 4. Otherwise no, pass with the present pricing structure.

Good point. I suppose we shouldn't put the blame on Marvel. It's more likely that it's Disney who's to blame here. Suits its MO.

Wow... so far 1 out of 10 people say that they're going to buy the whole set. Reckon I'll just gawk at the pictures once they post them in the forum.

1 out of 10? Who is the one?

If they bring down the price substantially I'd consider it. They are perfect in every way except the price. Until then... none for me.

Back