Movie Masters 100% complete Batsignal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdlccl74

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi folks. I just purchased 2 of these on ebay from the same person who has VERY good feedback. I also got them both for less than the lowest completed auction :hi5:. I just wanted to hear your opinions on whether I should or should not send these to AFA. Please keep in mind that I am not rich. Quite the opposite. I have many health problems and I started purchasing high-end figures when I can afford them that are either already AFA graded or suitable to be graded. So while I do enjoy having them VERY much, I'm also viewing them as an investment for my wife if the worst ever does happen. Ty in advance for all of your opinions and I hope you all have a very Happy New Year!!! :duff

I personally think AFA is a crock of nonsense. If you have a mint toy from the 60's or 70's, then maybe you would consider having it cocooned in plexiglass with an arbitrary number affixed, but for a new toy that was obtainable by virtue of simply being patient? NO WAY.

I just completed my Batsignal last week, having found two of every figure at retail price. That doesn't really make it a rare piece in my estimation, certainly not rare enough to send out for grading.

I've got mint Batman pieces from the 1960's and the thought of AFA grading isn't something I'm even remotely interested in doing.

As for an investment for your wife in case of catastrophe, you should invest in insurance. I'm not being flippant. Life/health insurance may not be as fun as toy collecting, but it's a hell of a lot more dependable.

Last edited:
I agree with you 100% about insurance. But there is no way in h*** that ANY company would allow me to get life insurance. If they did, it would more than likely be cost prohibitive. I'm 38 and I had a major heart attack when I was 22. I was very active at the time and I've never done illegal drugs. About 3 months ago I got a DVT ( blood clot ) in my right calf that is almost as large as my entire calf. Personally, I believe there is no denying that a figure that receives a grade of 8.5 or 85 or higher goes up in value quite a bit. It gives buyers peace of mind about their purchase. That's just the way it is now and I don't see it changing.

Speak to an investment advisor. These toys are NOT suitable investment vehicles, especially for someone in your situation.

Disclaimer, not meant to be professional advice, yada yada yada.

Just letting you all know that due to medical issues to start the new year, I'm selling both of the Bat Signals. 1 comes with a loose Ra's Al Ghul and the other a loose Batman. The starting prices for both is a very reasonable $49.95. They both end on Sunday. You can find them under mdlccl2003 or our store name Action Figures and Antiques. Some of you may be interested in some of our other figures as well that end today and Sunday. Ty.

Back