Damn you SS for Marveling!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDboystoys

Super Freak
Reaction score
Yes, Damn you!!!!

You give all these absolutely stunning and awe inspiring Marvel pieces to the world, and what does poor DC have to say about it?...DC Direct:monkey2
In a perfect world you'd have a DC licences and would be churning out rivaling DC pieces of splendor!
SS Marvel licence is without a doubt one of their most amazing lines, the innovative sub-lines, beautiful sculpts, dynamic poses and characters. Its a Marvel fans dream. And I want to have it too!
I come into this section all the time to be stunned at the continuously high level of work you do for every forthcoming statue, diorama etc, and always end up whining about how I'm left in the dark to stare at the glorificus-ness of these statues!
I dream everyday about all these non-exsistent statues from the DC verse that are unbelievable in everyway.
You guys here got it made, let me tell you that!

Sideshow, put me at peace and all the rest of us who see these pieces and desperately want to them to enhance out colection but cant because we love characters from DC more. And deep down in our hearts, though it may be denied, we all know DC is better.:rotfl

...oh and Hi Marvel goers!:lol

Funny,I've always loved Marvel heroes better.:monkey1

this one guy called Batman I like alot fromk DC, but yeah, most of my early days reading comics was from Marvel. today, i gotta love DC with Jim Lee and perhaps Josh Whedon if he does Wonder Woman.

DC has all the icons. Marvel has the more human/everyman type of heroes.

It would be cool if Gore Group would go to town with some DC dioramas...

End of dream. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, DC is doing a 1/4 scale Superman PF type statue and they also have hired Ray Villafine so things are definately looking up for DC Direct products. Too bad everything they do will probably be outrageously over priced.

...because Sideshow stuff is really cheap. :lol

Siriously, I don't know why people hate DC so much. Do you guys hate the characters, the company, the comics....what? :confused:

I did enjoy the Justice League cartoon as a kid, particuarily liked the Legion of Doom..

However I never really liked the comics or the characters too much. :rolleyes:

I've always been loyal to Marvel.

Last edited:
i like them all. DC, Marvel, Image, Top Cow, etc... as long as the story is good, i'm all over it.

The mythology for the DC characters is much more powerful than the Marvel characters. At least to me. Everyone knows Batman's or Superman's origin. The Justice League has the most powerful and recognizable group of characters put together. Marvel's "New Avengers" has a few in there but not as epic as the Justice League.

Both companies have their advantages and disadvantages. I could not picture the comics worlds without one or the other.

SolidLiquidFox said:
The mythology for the DC characters is much more powerful than the Marvel characters. At least to me. Everyone knows Batman's or Superman's origin. The Justice League has the most powerful and recognizable group of characters put together. Marvel's "New Avengers" has a few in there but not as epic as the Justice League.

Both companies have their advantages and disadvantages. I could not picture the comics worlds without one or the other.

ditto on these

DC has the big 3 icons. Superman, Wonder woman and Batman.
they are unbeatable imo. I still sometimes buy Superman HC's & TPB's. Superman is like a legend to me as I grow up with him. regardless, my comic purchases are mostly marvel books, as well I can't imagine a comic sector without another

TOE said:
wasn't there a comic book series on Marvel vs. DC??

Yeah there was, every issue there was a showdown of characters I believe. NOt sure if there was a conclusive winner.

The characters in the DC verse feel just so much more real to me. Batman is the greatest comic book 'hero' ever IMO. And its just because of his character, history and how he's concieved.
Unlike most other superhero comics, that have them fighting aliens and things like that, what I love about Batman is the psychology of it. All the villians are very real, disturbed people, theyre dark and complicated(at least in recent years) And all the greatest writers write for Batman, thats why he's the greatest.
And also Vertigo comics let you enter an entirely different world of more indy style comics more about the human condition and abscure topics.
Ive just formed a love for it.

HAving said that I do love Marvel still. Titles like Runaways and some opf the older classics are my outstanding faves. Too bad Vaughan's leaving Runaways soon:monkey2
There also great titles from Images, Dark HOrse etc. I love Invincible, The Walking Dead...
I just love comics, and I wish I could celebrate that with a collection of high quality statues, dioramas etc from SS.:D

Back