Sideshow - 12 days of Christmas - Man of Steel license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
We can't look at the details because of the malware notice for the sideshowtoy.com site, but they announced the Man of Steel license today. Not a big surprise - but it would be cool to see a PF of Supes from the movie.

I would love to see a Henry Cavill PF :rock

But if it looks like their Thor or Captain America movies ones... :monkey4

I would love to see a Henry Cavill PF :rock

But if it looks like their Thor or Captain America movies ones... :monkey4

The Cap PF is actually AWESOME ... An I have heard that Thor is underrated as well.

As for the announcement it simple is the Man of Steel teaser poster with the SSC and HotToys Logos and Coming Soon.

It's Hot Toys MOS.

Skaumlrmavbild2012-12-26kl021517_zps81abfd45.png

Hoping for a PF!! :pray: most of my extra earnings are going to superman merch this year. hopefully batman stuff can finally stop and superman can take over the DC Collectable world for a second

Last edited:
Good news about a Supes PF from the movie. Alittle concerned that the DC license may not include movie and TV DC characters, why else announce this?

There is no way SS would even come close to getting Cavill look right, then their awful paint on top of it.

There is no way SS would even come close to getting Cavill look right, then their awful paint on top of it.

I'm thinking the same thing. None of their human likenesses have really impressed me like the quality of Hot Toys. (especially after their paint jobs)

You know what I LOVE about this community... It's ability today that a statue is going to SUCK even BEFORE it has been seen!!! Did this use to be JoeJoe's Psychic Friends network???

Wait for the previews at least guys

You know what I LOVE about this community... It's ability today that a statue is going to SUCK even BEFORE it has been seen!!! Did this use to be JoeJoe's Psychic Friends network???

Wait for the previews at least guys

who said it's going to suck? :dunno

This sounds great. I personally can't wait to see pictures.

who said it's going to suck? :dunno

Well not exactly saying it is going to suck, BUT...

And

I'm thinking the same thing. None of their human likenesses have really impressed me like the quality of Hot Toys. (especially after their paint jobs)

I just think that SSC has done a fine job with likenesses ala the Avengers Movie PFs, and we shoud give the, a chance is all.

I just think that SSC has done a fine job with likenesses ala the Avengers Movie PFs, and we shoud give the, a chance is all.

Well yes and no. I have the movie Cap and Thor and I love em but I've accrptrd them as comic book versions of their movie counterparts. The likeness is way off. The scarlett Black Widow likeness looks really good. Can't count Hulk as it wasn't sculpted by Sideshow.

Thst said there are plenty of SSC statues with great likeness in the sculpt that I personally think Hot Toys has not bested... Indiana Jones, Conan, Dutch etc... As for the paint job, I guess Hot toys are more consistent but then again, isn't the plastic they are painting already flesh colored?

Still, give me a ststue over a hot toy anyday. You get a more natural pose than anything possible with ball joints and you also are not left with nasty joints to cover up. I had put the Captain America hot toy next to my pf and there is no comparision which impresses more.

Back