PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have news on a DX Han Solo?

blue devils
12-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Okay, we have our Bespin Luke. What's going on with the next figure? Has anyone heard anything? I know the rumors are Anakin or Han, but nothing more. What's the story Hot Toys!

Uncanny Web-Slinger
12-25-2012, 10:50 AM
Okay, we have our Bespin Luke. What's going on with the next figure? Has anyone heard anything? I know the rumors are Anakin or Han, but nothing more. What's the story Hot Toys!

This is the most up to date news on all of the many projects announced or mentioned that haven't been released

hot toys addresses customers

blue devils
12-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Just what I was afraid of.

thenammagazine
12-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Shouldn't this be in the Star Wars boards? :dunno

medicomsucks
12-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Don't worry, last I read Hot Toys was still making up it's mind whether to make Han or Anakin (prequel). I KNOW every Star Wars fan is dying for Hayden Christiansen DX treatment...*crickets*

Uncanny Web-Slinger
12-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Why not both, it's Star Wars afterall :dunno

medicomsucks
12-25-2012, 12:31 PM
The rumor is that Hot Toys can only make one Star Wars figure per year, something to do with how they are partnered with Sideshow (who actually holds the 1/6 license for Star Wars). Otherwise I would imagine Hot Toys would dive in to one of the most lucrative toy franchises in history.

steven.giunta
12-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I would rather have anakin,I thought rots was the best of the 6 movies[I know I'm the minority with that one]and I grew up with the ot.there is no good anakin figure out there,you can get a decent han.a dx anakin with a lava droid base[the one he stands on before jumping to the platform with obi one at the end of there fighbt]would be a dream come true.not to mention swap out arm,battle damage clothes and saber and an extra sith head.or if they follow along with the same as luke we could get 2 seperate anakin figures,anakin and vader.

medicomsucks
12-25-2012, 12:45 PM
We would probably get an 'adult' and 'child' Anakin if they go DX and put two figures together. Yippee! After that they may as well make a DX Jar-Jar.

Buttmunch
12-25-2012, 12:51 PM
You won't be seeing a HT Vader-Vader anytime soon. The EX Luke head is the closest they'll get. Sideshow is only letting them REmake figures that they have already done (since Sideshow has integrity, unlike HT. They don't remake their figures). Sideshow is still making Vaders, so they won't let HT make any. Depending on the Han, Sideshow could still veto as they haven't done a RotJ Han yet. Only RotS Anakin would be on the table for HT too as Sideshow hasn't done TPM, AotC, or RotJ yet.

sithlord13
12-25-2012, 03:35 PM
I think he means an two pack with vader as pre mustafar but good old armoured vader. I'll be in for it

Invictus Sol
12-25-2012, 04:00 PM
This is the most up to date news on all of the many projects announced or mentioned that haven't been released

hot toys addresses customers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-MtJBAZvw)
Haha, loved that. Thanks, Nova. :D

EXOTICLEX
12-25-2012, 04:23 PM
You won't be seeing a HT Vader-Vader anytime soon. The EX Luke head is the closest they'll get. Sideshow is only letting them REmake figures that they have already done (since Sideshow has integrity, unlike HT. They don't remake their figures). Sideshow is still making Vaders, so they won't let HT make any. Depending on the Han, Sideshow could still veto as they haven't done a RotJ Han yet. Only RotS Anakin would be on the table for HT too as Sideshow hasn't done TPM, AotC, or RotJ yet.

Sideshow could care less what Han Hot Toys wants to release. Vader on the other hand is a different story. I don't see a Hot Toys Vader for at least a couple of years after SS releases their newest Vader.

Mr Walker
12-25-2012, 05:44 PM
We would probably get an 'adult' and 'child' Anakin if they go DX and put two figures together. Yippee! After that they may as well make a DX Jar-Jar.

I think someone needs a visit from the slap fairy. :pfft::pfft:

Wanderer
12-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Lol there is NO integrity in business. Don't think for a second Sideshows lack of remakes is anything to do with them putting their customers first.

CaptnRex
12-25-2012, 09:15 PM
They need to get crackin' on their next release and limit the large amount of time between announcement and release!

OSCORP
12-26-2012, 05:41 AM
Lol there is NO integrity in business. Don't think for a second Sideshows lack of remakes is anything to do with them putting their customers first.

:exactly::lecture:lecture

Matt S
12-26-2012, 08:55 AM
There are a lot of implications insofar as what HT can and cannot do; is any of this based on anything actually stated, of mostly fan ponderings?

spindrift
12-26-2012, 03:59 PM
DX Han and DX Leia..from ESB to match Luke

Niltusk
12-26-2012, 04:06 PM
Don't worry, last I read Hot Toys was still making up it's mind whether to make Han or Anakin (prequel). I KNOW every Star Wars fan is dying for Hayden Christiansen DX treatment...*crickets*

I didn't know it was one or the other, I thought they'd made up their minds. For my money, I hope they keep on trucking on OT characters. Han, Leia, Chewie, Droids combo pack. 5 years of Hot Toys goodness.

Oh, and Obi Wan, I'd lov to see HT do an Old Man Kenobi.

Hamanu
12-26-2012, 04:12 PM
SS should just stick to premium format and let HT do all the 1/6 figures. They outclass them anyway. DX Luke is so much better than anything SS did (other than Vader) that its not even a competition any more.

Why would anyone want another SS Luke or Han when we all know HT's version would be immensely better?

MidnightClad
12-26-2012, 04:31 PM
SS should just stick to premium format and let HT do all the 1/6 figures. They outclass them anyway. DX Luke is so much better than anything SS did (other than Vader) that its not even a competition any more.

Why would anyone want another SS Luke or Han when we all know HT's version would be immensely better?

I agree with you that HT puts out superior figures hands down. The only problem with them doing all the figures are the supporting characters like bib fortuna, cantina band, nameless clones/ troopers, etc basically background and not primary characters would they be worth it for HT to do them...in my opinion no.

HT does great work but I am no were ready to shell out 180-300$ for 3 rd clone from the right or jabas dancer 4. SSC does a fine job on there figures and having HT do other than primary characters at this time is just money down the drain.

Niltusk
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
I agree with you that HT puts out superior figures hands down. The only problem with them doing all the figures are the supporting characters like bib fortuna, cantina band, nameless clones/ troopers, etc basically background and not primary characters would they be worth it for HT to do them...in my opinion no.

HT does great work but I am no were ready to shell out 180-300$ for 3 rd clone from the right or jabas dancer 4. SSC does a fine job on there figures and having HT do other than primary characters at this time is just money down the drain.

At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing SSC stay in PT and troopers. Let HT handle the grail OT characters, heck I would love to see HT do a Vader and RotJ Fett in addition to the heros.

After Bespin Luke, its so hard not to be excited with the thought of Hot Toys staying in OT for awhile. I think the only thing in PT that would make me cry tears of joy would be an announcement that SS handed off Grievous to Hot Toys to do. :clap

Magpie 7
12-26-2012, 04:56 PM
SSC Clone and Alien characters are very good and much more reflective of value. Like whats been said many time HT should stick to the primary human characters where their sculpting and paint apps is more suited.

At this point i just can't warrant HT price for a secondary or background character nor a generic characters such as clones and stormtroopers.

MidnightClad
12-26-2012, 05:10 PM
I think the only thing in PT that would make me cry tears of joy would be an announcement that SS handed off Grievous to Hot Toys to do. :clap

I dont give a **** who makes Grievous I just want to atleast see some pictures of what they have been working on or them to just flat out tell us they have been lying about making Grievous just to crush our dreams :(

swsqueakquels
12-26-2012, 05:22 PM
DX Han and DX Leia..from ESB to match Luke

:exactly::lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

They should complete all three leads in DX from ESB, then do Ben as first from SW.

CaptnRex
12-26-2012, 10:17 PM
At this point, I wouldn't mind seeing SSC stay in PT and troopers.

Dunno about that. SSC have done an awesome job on all Aliens also.
Hammerhead and Greedo are two of my absolute favourites in my collection, including my Hot Toys figures.

SSC just can't get the humans right, Old Ben, The Obi's and Lando are fantastic but not many others cut it anymore.....

RavenEye
12-26-2012, 10:57 PM
When it comes to HT they are superb on sculpts, however SSC does armored figures right. Now if SSC & HT would stop being babies, we'd get a merge figure. If it wasn't for HT who pulled off the Commander Cody Helmet we'd still be waiting for him. Way I see it, HT should have control of portrait sculpts and SSC on clothing and etc. However... HT makes real shoes instead of molded on some products.. So... :dunno It's a endless debacle till the companys merge... Now as a product which this topic was about, we've had SSC Hans and now Enterbay/Medicom Han just released. And one Anakin... I vote for Anakin... I'd drop $300 for one... A Han, just don't see it unless we get Han in Carbornite as a accessorie.

devilof76
12-26-2012, 10:58 PM
What did Hot Toys have to do with the Commander Cody helmet?

RavenEye
12-26-2012, 11:12 PM
They designed it I believe, reason why ya see Hot Toys on bottom on package. Everything else ya see instantly says SSC since they made the clone armor. Most of the Commanders have Hot Toys Logo on bottom, Cody, Bly, Rex... You think SSC pulled off some of the new accesories? :P

MidnightClad
12-26-2012, 11:24 PM
They designed it I believe, reason why ya see Hot Toys on bottom on package. Everything else ya see instantly says SSC since they made the clone armor. Most of the Commanders have Hot Toys Logo on bottom, Cody, Bly, Rex... You think SSC pulled off some of the new accesories? :P

Constantly see people ask/say why the hot toys logo is on yhe box but I am pretty sure it is due to hot toys envolvment in the design of the armored body.

Khonsu70
12-26-2012, 11:26 PM

:slap

Um, yes. Only thing HT did was help develop the armor body, which is why their logo appears on all the clones from SSC. To hear some of you tell it, HT invented the wheel...

devilof76
12-26-2012, 11:27 PM
:lecture

No.

Hot Toys assisted with engineering the armored body (armature only), and that involvement ended when the first armored figures were released (Stormtrooper and General Kenobi).

Everything else on those and subsequent figures was Sideshow.

VintijDroidGutzz
12-27-2012, 01:56 AM
When it comes to HT they are superb on sculpts, however SSC does armored figures right.
Not entirely correct. SSC's Stormie armour sculpt is inaccurate from head to toe basically, & that's why I'm hoping at some point HT makes a Stormie / Sandie.

JKNO knows what I mean. :)

devilof76
12-27-2012, 02:09 AM
But very few others do, or care. :dance

VintijDroidGutzz
12-27-2012, 04:16 AM
Dude, do you have up to the minute global collector preference stats or something? :lol

The Marmits have always been where it's at. :peace

devilof76
12-27-2012, 04:49 AM
Exactly. It's information I need to know, therefore I've spared no expense ensuring that I have all the data necessary to form ironclad conclusions.

What, you don't? :dunno

devilof76
12-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Also...

http://www.hobbygen.com/images/ssc21383_12.jpg

vs.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb142/ian1138/Sandtrooper1.jpg

Really?

VintijDroidGutzz
12-27-2012, 05:55 AM
Yep - totally, thanks for posting that comparison actually. :lol

The SSC ones there may have the benefit of a lavish studio photo shoot, but the differences in sculpt accuracy speak volumes as the comp shows. ;)

In short, the proportions are all wrong on the SSC ones, while the Marmits look like the guys on film - home studio lighting, focus & exposure aside. :lol

devilof76
12-27-2012, 06:33 AM
The soft vinyl makes them look like Hasbro figures.

VintijDroidGutzz
12-27-2012, 06:43 AM
Marmit's connected to Hasbro via their Japanese arm I think, so you're not far off anyway. :lol

Look, I know what you mean.. but the weathering can be adjusted / customized to suit for the most part. The sculpts are awesome, that's my point really. Recasting those armour pieces & mass releasing them, would be sensational. Who's gonna do it though.. :lol

devilof76
12-27-2012, 06:46 AM
They'd need to do it in ABS and sharpen the edges. Accuracy is not as convincing to me as realistic details.

Does that make sense?

VintijDroidGutzz
12-27-2012, 06:51 AM
Yeah, I'm with ya. ;)

I had the SSC Sandie Corporal for a few months - bought it new. I had it on display on my home office desk all that time, till I sold it. I just kept looking at it with disappointment, so in the end.. I got rid of it.

devilof76
12-27-2012, 07:03 AM
My brain will never allow me to retain that level of awareness of Star Wars detail for that very reason.

My condolences. :duff

a-dev
12-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Has new news ever been found as a result of a thread like this or a thread bump asking if there is any news? Serious question.

devilof76
12-27-2012, 07:16 AM
Nope. :lecture

VintijDroidGutzz
12-27-2012, 07:33 AM
My brain will never allow me to retain that level of awareness of Star Wars detail for that very reason.

My condolences. :duff
Good one, fair enough mate. :lol

a-dev
12-27-2012, 07:51 AM
Nope. :lecture

Yeah thats what I thought. :monkey1

Uncanny Web-Slinger
12-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Haha, loved that. Thanks, Nova. :D

:hi5:

Wish it wasn't so though, Han or Anakin are buys from me.

MidnightClad
12-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Has new news ever been found as a result of a thread like this or a thread bump asking if there is any news? Serious question.

Nope from all the figures I waited for threads/bumps ussually only spur on anticipation or just make people go into a frenzy of hatred that no one knows were it came from.

FlyAndFight
12-27-2012, 01:34 PM
Han better come in a 2-pack with Chewie.

;)

MidnightClad
12-27-2012, 02:14 PM

;)

HAHAHAHA next you will tell me that you want HT to include solid gold display bases ;)

devilof76
12-27-2012, 02:55 PM
people go into a frenzy of hatred that no one knows were it came from.

http://www.shockmansion.com/wp-content/myimages/2012/03/85.gif?b1f7f4

Niltusk
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
HAHAHAHA next you will tell me that you want HT to include solid gold display bases ;)

People can dream can't we? :lol

When Chewie does drop, he'll be on his own and it'll be a big deal, theres alot of Han's out there already missing their Chewey.

MidnightClad
12-27-2012, 03:19 PM
People can dream can't we? :lol

When Chewie does drop, he'll be on his own and it'll be a big deal, theres alot of Han's out there already missing their Chewey.

Han + chewy would be great but that would most likely mean sculpted fur which would be a p*** for me. And I may be one of the few out there that doesnt really care if my han has a chewy ;)

dxdave
12-27-2012, 03:46 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dxdave
12-27-2012, 03:47 PM

;)

YES! :clap

swsqueakquels
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM

;)

:lol That would be awesome tho. Could HT really nail a 1/6 Chewie with fur? Not even sure it's possible on a mass scale.

Is it really 18 months ago that HT announced Bespin Luke? Thought they had permission to do one fig a year - you'd think they'd be waiting and announce on day # 365.

Khonsu70
12-27-2012, 08:25 PM

;)

Honestly, I would be fine with Han in a 2-pack with an updated light-up "Han in carbonite" figure that can both fit on the SSC dio and that has a clear "floating effect" stand to be used with SSC Boba Fett. :yess:

Chewie needs his own release...

Khonsu70
12-27-2012, 08:28 PM
:lol That would be awesome tho. Could HT really nail a 1/6 Chewie with fur? Not even sure it's possible on a mass scale.

Is it really 18 months ago that HT announced Bespin Luke? Thought they had permission to do one fig a year - you'd think they'd be waiting and announce on day # 365.

I don't think it was a matter of "permission", I think Howard said one-a-year to keep the quality up. HT is an odd duck with their timetables for releases, maybe they were waiting to see how Luke fared? The exclusive sold out pretty fast, so I'm guessing we'll see the next HT SW fig announced early 2013, maybe with less turn around time?

devilof76
12-27-2012, 10:58 PM
Honestly, I would be fine with Han in a 2-pack with an updated light-up "Han in carbonite" figure that can both fit on the SSC dio and that has a clear "floating effect" stand to be used with SSC Boba Fett. :yess:

That would be perfect.

MidnightClad
12-28-2012, 03:04 AM

Chewie needs his own release...

Thats a han I would buy :yess: would prefer a hoth han but an accurate bespin han with carbonite would be so perfect I wouldn't be able yo pass on that.

Rzeznikk
12-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Im hoping for a DX Bespin Han with light up Carbonite Block as well.

Spiker
12-28-2012, 05:53 AM
Hoth Han for the upcoming Sideshow Tauntaun pls :)

devilof76
12-28-2012, 07:32 AM
That's the number one reason why we won't see a Hoth Han from HT.

FlyAndFight
12-28-2012, 07:58 AM
My "Han & Chewie" 2-pack was really tongue-in-cheek.

I just want the wookie asap. Real fur shouldn't be a problem for HT. They already did the POTA apes and it's just a matter of extending the "faux fur" to the entire body. Get it done, HT.

After the DX Luke, I do expect Han to be very similarly packaged:

- 2 complete figures
- One "A New Hope" outfit and one "Empire Strikes Back" outfit.
- Special display piece will be his Falcon turret gun!

Mad Old Lu
12-28-2012, 08:32 AM
That would be awesome!

Khonsu70
12-28-2012, 08:44 AM
That's the number one reason why we won't see a Hoth Han from HT.

:lecture

Pretty sure one of the stipulations of the agreement with SSC is that it can't be something that SSC hasn't done yet, though I suspect they might make an exception for Chewbacca if they feel they aren't up to the task. Chewie might turn into a 'joint venture' deal, like the Vader and clone trooper armor bodies, or the upcoming Chogokin C-3PO/R2-D2. That wouldn't be a bad thing, but it would surely be expensive!

Khonsu70
12-28-2012, 08:49 AM

I just want the wookie asap. Real fur shouldn't be a problem for HT. They already did the POTA apes and it's just a matter of extending the "faux fur" to the entire body. Get it done, HT.

- 2 complete figures

There's something about HT's design aesthetic that leads me to believe they wouldn't split the focus of a single figure release to cover 2 different films. SSC maybe, but not HT. Does that make sense? :dunno

pixletwin
12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
I would rather have Princess Leia than Bepsin/Hot/Jabba's Palace Leia.

That is all.

FlyAndFight
12-28-2012, 10:05 AM
I would rather have Princess Leia than Bepsin/Hot/Jabba's Palace Leia.

That is all.

Agreed. :lecture

Jay1138
12-29-2012, 07:47 AM
A kick-a** Bespin Han tops my list.

devilof76
12-29-2012, 08:13 AM
These are the only HT Star Wars figures I want.

1) Bespin Han/Carbonite Han
2) Hoth/Bespin Leia
3) Tantive IV/Ceremony Leia
4) Farmboy Luke/Stormtrooper Luke
5) Smuggler Han/Stormtrooper Han

MidnightClad
12-29-2012, 08:46 AM

2) Hoth/Bespin Leia

Love your list but I would rather wait for the leias. The only thing I would replace is 3) with old ben/obi wan

Khonsu70
12-29-2012, 08:49 AM

2) Hoth/Bespin Leia

In total agreement, those would top my list! There area a couple others that I would add, because I'm greedy like that :wink1::

Chewbacca! (in conjunction with SSC)
Slave Leia/Endor Assault Leia
Ultimate Jedi Luke (cloak, vest, bone, blaster, Endor gear, binders, clean and BD/gloved hands, lit/unlit sabers, DS II dio base, etc.)
Jabba's prisoner (immediately post carbonite) Han/Endor Assault Han

I would also add:

ROTS Anakin/Vader
ROTS Obi Wan
Any Padme (I just want this character in some form other than Snowbunny - she has a lot of visually stunning costumes, would have great shelf presence!)

VintijDroidGutzz
12-29-2012, 09:54 AM
I know Bespin Han has a cool outfit & all :lol.. but I much prefer the ANH Han outfit personally.

My SW HT list:

Ep1
Qui-Gon
Theed Battle Padme

Ep4
Vader
Ben Kenobi
Han Solo
Stormie / Sandie

Ep5
Boba Fett

Ep6
Endor Leia

Buttmunch
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM

- 2 complete figures

Throw in an extra vest and an Endor jacket and ESB Han easily converts into RotJ Han to cover all of his major looks.

FlyAndFight
12-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Throw in an extra vest and an Endor jacket and ESB Han easily converts into RotJ Han to cover all of his major looks.

:lecture Good point. I did that same conversion to my SS Bespin Han long ago and he looks MUCH better. The big noggin looks better proportioned now.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7609/endorhan3.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/endorhan3.jpg/)

Niltusk
12-29-2012, 12:59 PM
Lot of good ideas, but I think hands down the winner imo would be Han with a carbonite Han. HT did great with their first offering and I think this would be another out of the park.

Khonsu70
12-29-2012, 01:03 PM

True! :goodpost:

Billy Ray
12-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Lot of good ideas, but I think hands down the winner imo would be Han with a carbonite Han. HT did great with their first offering and I think this would be another out of the park.

Yeah, I could see HT going this route. It kind of follows what they did with Luke. Would be cool if they worked in his Hoth outfit as well for the complete Empire package.

devilof76
12-29-2012, 09:46 PM
Ultimate Jedi Luke (cloak, vest, bone, blaster, Endor gear, binders, clean and BD/gloved hands, lit/unlit sabers, DS II dio base, etc.)

I knew I was forgetting someone.

ROTS Anakin/Vader
ROTS Obi Wan
Any Padme (I just want this character in some form other than Snowbunny - she has a lot of visually stunning costumes, would have great shelf presence!)

I will do everything I can to resist PT figures, but a Geonosis Padme could pose a problem. Repainted, I'd be perfectly content with my Sideshow ROTS Anakin and Obi-wan.

Khonsu70
12-29-2012, 10:47 PM
I will do everything I can to resist PT figures, but a Geonosis Padme could pose a problem. Repainted, I'd be perfectly content with my Sideshow ROTS Anakin and Obi-wan.

As simple as the costume is, Geonosis Padme would be an iconic look - and pretty effin sexy!

And while we're on the topic of ROTS Anakin, I have this fan-boy daydream that such a figure would not only come with a swap-out "Sith eyes" PERS portrait, it would come with severed-limb, charred, almost corpse Anakin/Vader, operating table, prosthetic limbs and Ep III Vader armor. I know that's just a wish, and at current HT prices would cost $1000 :slap but it would be the only PT Anakin I'd ever need...

devilof76
12-29-2012, 10:51 PM
Just the Vader portion would push a grand. :lol

I'd rather see a lone Vader on the operating table with the three surgical droids. At Sideshow prices, you could probably get the whole set for less.

jedijim3002
12-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't know. If they can offer the IM MKII 2.0 for $200.00 with all of its changeout parts and detail why not a mustafar ravaged Vader with armor parts and swap out arms and legs? On one side have two heads for the pers Sith eyes on Anakin and super crispy fried campfire marshmallow Ani/Vader on the other.

That's what I hope an Anakin will include also. It's his top look throughout the series.

Hans bespin look may not be his most iconic look, aka ANH smuggler han, but it is the pinnacle of his character. Beaten down, in hiding, captured, and turned into a cap"sicle". Put captain solo in the ice cream truck!!! Carbonite Han is the most recognizable one in my opinion. Not his Jedi look even though I'd buy one. I think ht is more interested in the most recognizable version for their projects.

FlyAndFight
12-30-2012, 08:38 AM
The only PT Vader I would be interested in would be the "BBQ - on the lava river shore" Mustaphar version.

Oh and, where is Chewie?!

lerath666
12-31-2012, 09:54 AM
He died. Got hit by a moon.
http://mimg.ugo.com/201003/39061/cuts/11-death-of-chewbacca_288x288.jpg

VintijDroidGutzz
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Oh and, where is Chewie?!
If SSC's roving R&D guys aren't on assignment in Nepal sourcing the finest Yak fur for a 1/6 scale Chewie coat.. I wouldn't bother caring. :lecture

:monkey3 :lol

FlyAndFight
12-31-2012, 03:30 PM
Yak? Yuck! Nothing but the finest fur for Chewie! :lecture

If SS can't bring us the wookie, HT needs to.

DCFett
12-31-2012, 04:32 PM
If SSC's roving R&D guys aren't on assignment in Nepal sourcing the finest Yak fur for a 1/6 scale Chewie coat.. I wouldn't bother caring. :lecture

:monkey3 :lol

:lol:lol:):rotfl. ...SS R&D guys on assignment! That'll be the day!

RavenEye
12-31-2012, 07:22 PM
:slap

Um, yes. Only thing HT did was help develop the armor body, which is why their logo appears on all the clones from SSC. To hear some of you tell it, HT invented the wheel...

I said I believe, wasn't a fact. Course reason "I believe" they did because the damn helmet is a far better Phase 2 helmet. And with certain fillings and such would have made Bly and Gree better than using that old Phase 2 helmet. But thanks for clearing it up. ;)

Anywho... interested in a Han now with so many great suggestions. I conquer with the Chewie 2-pack. WOOOOO!!! $1000 HT Fig here we come! LOL

VintijDroidGutzz
01-01-2013, 04:43 AM
Yak? Yuck! Nothing but the finest fur for Chewie! :lecture
That's what the REAL costume was made of.. :huh :wink1:

VintijDroidGutzz
01-01-2013, 04:46 AM
:lol:lol:):rotfl. ...SS R&D guys on assignment! That'll be the day!
Well.. it seems they've gone on an excursion to the local sewer system to source fresh p00p logs for their new Prequel Yoda's cane, so that's something at least. :lol

FlyAndFight
01-01-2013, 11:52 AM
That's what the REAL costume was made of.. :huh :wink1:

But it won't scale well. :lecture

MidnightClad
01-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Great now we have to start breeding miniature yaks to harvest hair from. Sorry guys we need at least another 10 years :rotfl

VintijDroidGutzz
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure about you, but I was joking in the first place. :lol

FlyAndFight
01-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Great now we have to start breeding miniature yaks to harvest hair from. Sorry guys we need at least another 10 years :rotfl

Bantha hair will work best.

I'm not sure about you, but I was joking in the first place. :lol

So was I.

Magpie 7
01-03-2013, 12:43 PM

Quicker to breed a thousand Yorkshire Terriers and limit the figure to 2000 :yess:

Blackthornone
01-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Bantha hair will work best.

If you can find a Bantha, how much more difficult would it be to find a Wookie? :) Maybe some baby Ewok hair would be in scale....

RavenEye
01-05-2013, 09:00 PM
If you can find a Bantha, how much more difficult would it be to find a Wookie? :) Maybe some baby Ewok hair would be in scale....

Wookiee's are really Sasquatches, that's why ya can't find one after the 80's they knew the Emporor was dead and went home... :lol

COMPACT
01-05-2013, 09:45 PM
hot toys will continue with the Star Wars line? No news in 2 years .... I think not ..... is very sad but is true......

Wor-Gar
01-05-2013, 11:39 PM
Problem is the next announcement is supposed to be Anakin... which means I gotta wait another year and a half to see what's next.

This line is a pure luxury.

CaptnRex
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
The Hot Toys Star Wars line is too drawn out, it's going to be a long wait in between figures......zzzzzzzzz.

COMPACT
01-06-2013, 03:39 AM
assuming that anakin is the next one, why no show a sneak previews ....... I believe that some problem between Sideshow and Hot Toys , remember this is the most important line for Sideshow...in the last Comic-Con Sideshow no show anything of hot toys....is rare... .....maybe professional jealousy....

devilof76
01-06-2013, 03:40 AM
If they were concerned about being shown up, why would they have offered Hot Toys the opportunity to make Star Wars figures?

King Darkness
01-06-2013, 03:47 AM
remember this is the most important line for Sideshow...

Star Wars may in fact be their most important line, but Star Wars from Hot Toys is not. Sideshow is doing fine with or without HT.

As for professional jealousy? Highly doubt it, cause what ever HT does with Star Wars, they are putting money in Sideshow's pocket.

When something is ready they will show it. You can probably place to blame for the delay on HT and the 50 or so figures they are supposedly working on.

Wake
01-06-2013, 03:57 AM
Sideshow should really pull there shot together. Forget hot toys. They have the means to get it right. Tell me one person on this board who likes Star Wars that would t buy more figures from sideshow if they would just get their head outta their asses, stop making clones of clones and step up the production paint and base body. They've already got Trevor grove. They used Nathan Eakins for paint. Those two are the pinnacle of their respective talents. They could hire kato. Hell they could go out and find some new licenses and go to town. I'd pay hot toys prices from sideshow of they gave me hot toys quality! :lecture. PLUS there's the added benefit that there an American company (even I the figures are manufactured in china) and I love supporting made in the USA businesses.

Darkarn009
01-06-2013, 04:59 AM
assuming that anakin is the next one, why no show a sneak previews ....... I believe that some problem between Sideshow and Hot Toys , remember this is the most important line for Sideshow...in the last Comic-Con Sideshow no show anything of hot toys....is rare... .....maybe professional jealousy....
Its really time to see at least a peek at something...:gah:

COMPACT
01-06-2013, 08:43 AM
With Episode 7 to 9 on the way , this license is gold....... Remember that Sideshow lost 1/6 license in Hot Toys hands: Marvel Avengers, Iron Man 1-2-3, Captain America , Thor......I don't know.....for me Hot Toys will fight in the future for this license.....

MidnightClad
01-06-2013, 10:31 AM
Sideshow should really pull there shot together. Forget hot toys. They have the means to get it right. Tell me one person on this board who likes Star Wars that would t buy more figures from sideshow if they would just get their head outta their asses, stop making clones of clones and step up the production paint and base body. They've already got Trevor grove. They used Nathan Eakins for paint. Those two are the pinnacle of their respective talents. They could hire kato. Hell they could go out and find some new licenses and go to town. I'd pay hot toys prices from sideshow of they gave me hot toys quality! :lecture. PLUS there's the added benefit that there an American company (even I the figures are manufactured in china) and I love supporting made in the USA businesses.

If I could get HT quality from SSC at or below current HT prices I would be so happy. But I havnt seen that yet or even close to it in the SSC SW line. SSC has come real close to upping their quality significantly on the GI Joe line in recent releases but still not HT quality and now their wanting almost HT prices and we dont know if they will deliver quality.

lerath666
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM

FYI, Kato is already on sideshow's payrol.

OutLander
01-06-2013, 11:57 AM
As for professional jealousy? Highly doubt it, cause what ever HT does with Star Wars, they are putting money in Sideshow's pocket.
:exactly:

With Episode 7 to 9 on the way , this license is gold....... Remember that Sideshow lost 1/6 license in Hot Toys hands: Marvel Avengers, Iron Man 1-2-3, Captain America , Thor......I don't know.....for me Hot Toys will fight in the future for this license.....

As others have pointed out the license belongs to Hasbro and I doubt Hot Toys could pay more than them with all the stuff Hasbro puts out. SS has the sublicense for the 1/6 line from Hasbro and although HT could try to get it, the question is can they pump out the number of figures that SS does when they have all those other lines. They would need to do that in order to outbid SS.

COMPACT
01-06-2013, 07:55 PM
:exactly:

As others have pointed out the license belongs to Hasbro and I doubt Hot Toys could pay more than them with all the stuff Hasbro puts out. SS has the sublicense for the 1/6 line from Hasbro and although HT could try to get it, the question is can they pump out the number of figures that SS does when they have all those other lines. They would need to do that in order to outbid SS.

Yes this point is true....:clap

Sachiel
01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
DX Han will be announced... after DX Anakin. :monkey3

devilof76
01-06-2013, 10:44 PM
And if there's any justice in the universe, someone will go to hell for that.

DiFabio
01-06-2013, 11:52 PM
DX Han will be announced... after DX Anakin. :monkey3

???

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3bmx2aP831qc823io1_250.jpg

???

http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/jinglealltheway2/20.jpg

OutLander
01-07-2013, 08:02 AM
And if there's any justice in the universe, someone will go to hell for that.

:exactly: :hi5:

Wor-Gar
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
By the time the next figure is announced, it will simply be:

DX 17: Luke Bespin 2.0 which will now include the Dagobah backpack.

OutLander
01-07-2013, 12:07 PM
By the time the next figure is announced, it will simply be:

DX 17: Luke Bespin 2.0 which will now include the Dagobah backpack.

:ignore:

In the words of Vader "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

Wor-Gar
01-07-2013, 12:44 PM
Your avatar makes me think of Fett being digested over a 1,000 years.

OutLander
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Your avatar makes me think of Fett being digested over a 1,000 years.

Actually Fett escaped eventually....a little worse for wear. It takes more than an overgrown house plant to defeat Boba. :lol
http://images.wikia.com/starwars/images/b/ba/Bobafettfall.jpg

I think the avatar was a scan from security at the Tatooine spaceport. :lol

Wor-Gar
01-07-2013, 04:37 PM
I don't think Fett escaped. I think there was another dude in there who was indigestable and he took Fett's outfit and escaped, and he's been posing as the bounty hunter all this time. And that dude is.... Darth Maul, bionic Darth Maul.

That comes straight from Lucas.

pixletwin
01-07-2013, 04:42 PM
I don't think Fett escaped. I think there was another dude in there who was indigestable and he took Fett's outfit and escaped, and he's been posing as the bounty hunter all this time. And that dude is.... Bea Arthur, bionic Bea Arthur.

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Smudger9
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Does anyone know if Hot Toys will be at Toy Fair? Could there be a Star Wars reveal?

pixletwin
01-07-2013, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know if Hot Toys will be at Toy Fair? Could there be a Star Wars reveal?

Hot Toys is represented at booths with Sideshow at SDCC.

OutLander
01-07-2013, 06:58 PM
I don't think Fett escaped. I think there was another dude in there who was indigestable and he took Fett's outfit and escaped, and he's been posing as the bounty hunter all this time. And that dude is.... Darth Maul, bionic Darth Maul.

You had me until...

:stake

SideshoMel
01-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Since Disney has the rights to the Star Wars now... anything is possible.

space ace
01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Hoping they do a ROTJ version with his Endor Camo duster.

galactiboy
01-11-2013, 01:28 PM
I'd guess ROTJ is unlikely since Sideshow has not done it yet... not to mention Bespin is most likely due to popularity and Bespin Luke being the only HT offering so far.

I'd be interested to see what HT does with Anakin, and might buy, but I'm also happy enough with the Sideshow after some upgrades.

pixletwin
01-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Yeah HT likes to focus on doing companion pieces so Bespin Han seems likely.

RavenEye
01-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Wait... a sec here now... I ain't buying unless it ROTJ...

Mad Old Lu
01-11-2013, 01:50 PM
But when the frack are the gonna frakcin make the next announcement?!?! :gah:

I want a damn HT Bespin Han!!:mad:

Magpie 7
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
But when the frack are the gonna frakcin make the next announcement?!?! :gah:

I want a damn HT Bespin Han!!:mad:

Seeing as we're talking about a Hot Toys DX figure then one will be the blue jacket version, what will the other one be?

Hoth Han?
Carbonite Han?
or
Torture Rack Han :gah:

Rzeznikk
01-12-2013, 11:59 AM
Seeing as we're talking about a Hot Toys DX figure then one will be the blue jacket version, what will the other one be?

Hoth Han?
Carbonite Han?
or

Hoth Han?-SS hasnt done him yet.
Carbonite Han?Most likely. Its the most popular choice that they can do. (SS did the environment already)
or
Torture Rack Han-Looking at the elaborate Weather Vane with Luke this could be a possibility, but seems like a waste since who would want to display Han in that?

CaptnRex
01-12-2013, 05:12 PM
Bespin Han will be fine. I don't want torture racks or carbonite.

OutLander
01-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Bespin Han will be fine. I don't want torture racks or carbonite.

That and make the figure affordable....say $140 give or take? :dunno

jedijim3002
01-12-2013, 06:05 PM
That and make the figure affordable....say $140 give or take? :dunno

I wish but more likely in the $180 to $200 range. I hate saying that but just trying to prep for the worst.

RavenEye
01-12-2013, 07:23 PM
Take what ya think is the worst and times by 3. There's your cost... :lecture

COMPACT
01-12-2013, 07:31 PM
Hot Toys take long time without news...... This license is ok??

Darth Snoopy
01-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Hoth Han?
Carbonite Han?
or

How about BBQ Han on a stick? :yess:

http://img55.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Agent-007/Han.jpg

Origami
01-12-2013, 10:23 PM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Darkarn009
01-12-2013, 10:52 PM

YES! :hi5: Don't think even Hasbro has done that one...or have they? (someone clarify...)

Smudger9
01-14-2013, 03:52 AM
There is a Hot Toys preview thread in General Collectables, it contains leaked pictures of upcoming Hot Toys items. No Star Wars at all but another ***** load of Iron Man stuff. Very poor show indeed. Are Hot Toys going to can this line after just 1 figure?

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2013, 04:19 AM
^ I seriously doubt it. :lol

Why would they? It's THE one license you don't stop short. Even they know not to mess with that. :lol

I'm glad they're taking their time personally. Trying to speed everything through so a few salivating nerds can get some relief, is the worst game plan. They're probably sorting through a bunch of decisions in going forward with SW.

With all the other stuff they've got coming, it's a wonder they're able to take a breath. :monkey1 :lol

Rzeznikk
01-14-2013, 07:20 AM
^ I seriously doubt it. :lol

Why would they? It's THE one license you don't stop short. Even they know not to mess with that. :lol

I'm glad they're taking their time personally. Trying to speed everything through so a few salivating nerds can get some relief, is the worst game plan. They're probably sorting through a bunch of decisions in going forward with SW.

With all the other stuff they've got coming, it's a wonder they're able to take a breath. :monkey1 :lol

Besides that Howard Chan is a HUGE SW fan. Hes not stopping at one. No sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Smudger9
01-14-2013, 07:52 AM
Besides that Howard Chan is a HUGE SW fan. Hes not stopping at one. No sir.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

He'll have to if Sideshow tells him to. It's almost 18 months since Luke was announced, which suggests to me that the line had been quietly canned. If there isn't a new Star Wars Hot Toys at Toy Fair then we can start arranging the funeral.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OutLander
01-14-2013, 04:00 PM
He'll have to if Sideshow tells him to. It's almost 18 months since Luke was announced, which suggests to me that the line had been quietly canned. If there isn't a new Star Wars Hot Toys at Toy Fair then we can start arranging the funeral.

:monkey2:exactly::goodpost:

COMPACT
01-14-2013, 04:02 PM
In my opinion the Star Wars Hot Toys line is cancelled......no news in 18 months....

VintijDroidGutzz
01-14-2013, 04:04 PM
All speculation guys.. :lol

I bet there's a reveal in the next few weeks.

joda76
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
It is a bit odd that they haven't even teased anything.

Mad Old Lu
01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
There's "taking your time" and then there's "taking your time".

18 months is a ridiculous amount of time without any official news.

The wait is killing me! :gah:

Wor-Gar
01-15-2013, 12:26 PM
Maybe Luke was the extent of the Hot Toys STAR WARS DX series. You get Luke. You get a Vader head with Luke inside. What more do you need?

jedijim3002
01-15-2013, 01:11 PM
Maybe Luke was the extent of the Hot Toys STAR WARS DX series. You get Luke. You get a Vader head with Luke inside. What more do you need?

Shut your whorish mouth son! They'll hear you!!! We need Han!!! LOL

Rzeznikk
01-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe we will see something at Toy Fair.

shaggyfx
01-15-2013, 02:42 PM
i think it's an excellent idea wo wait this long between figures, frankly gives me the time to scrounge up money for the next one and collect them all:)

Wor-Gar
01-15-2013, 04:49 PM
i think it's an excellent idea wo wait this long between figures...

Let's look at that statement for a moment. 1.5 years for each figure. Average length of specific collecting habit lasts approx 10-15 years. Therefore, you would have a startling collection of 6-10 figures total.

jedijim3002
01-15-2013, 05:20 PM
Let's look at that statement for a moment. 1.5 years for each figure. Average length of specific collecting habit lasts approx 10-15 years. Therefore, you would have a startling collection of 6-10 figures total.

God that would suck. I can't wait around for a decade to get my favs. Maybe I should go back to hasbro. Dunno

Wor-Gar
01-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Maybe I should go back to hasbro. Dunno

And the circle would be complete. :D

FlyAndFight
01-15-2013, 07:52 PM
As long as we get Chewie, the two droids and no questions asked...

VintijDroidGutzz
01-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Fine with me. :lol
I've never wanted a hundred figures just there to all line up like a class photo, collect dust & clutter the place up.

A nice spaced out, focused collection of brilliant pieces.. that's where its at as far as I'm concerned. :)

jedijim3002
01-16-2013, 07:48 AM
And the circle would be complete. :D

Dammit!!!!

Hydeous
01-17-2013, 11:33 AM
Would you guys buy a Arnie Kim sculpted DX Han Solo? :huh

:chase

Rzeznikk
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Would you guys buy a Arnie Kim sculpted DX Han Solo? :huh

:chase

Yes. But only because I need a Han Solo in my collection.