My review for the Hot Toys- Samurai Predator- with pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wookster

Very foolish words man!
Reaction score
Well, patiently waiting for a delivery from Parcel Force (which is akin to watching paint dry whilst having teeth pulled... always avoid that company if possible). But in the mean time, here are my thoughts on the 'baddest' Pred to be delivered by Hot Toys for quite a while... but he comes at a cost!

Review- https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_122112b.htm

All the usual links, features and full archive of past reviews can be found here- https://www.mwctoys.com/

box2-4.jpg

box10-1.jpg

detail2-3.jpg

detail2b.jpg

detail3-3.jpg

detail5-5.jpg

detail10-3.jpg

detail42-2.jpg

As always thanks to you and Michael for doing these great reviews. Tip of the hat to gentlemen and scholars.

Edit: By the way, the box for this figure looks frikkin amazing.

I really, REALLY love this figure. But it really if far too expensive for what it is imo. Wish it was priced similarly to the predators line. But alas, it was not, and alas, i will not buy it.

Dang I got a orange head. Kinda sucks but I can live with it. I may try to find a purple one on E bay though.

Really? that's so dumb. What's the point of doing that? If anything the damn Xeno should of been black to begin with. And at 360 a pop. That's lame.

Well, the working theory is its a factory mistake and HTs & SSCs worked up this cockeyed story to cover it up. Apparently the browner heads are that color cause the "blood" ran out of it and it turned brownish red from purple...but that doesn't explain the purple heads. :huh

In reality, it really just looks like most of the US distributed heads missed a step in the paint process and didn't get the last purple coating.

@ Gage

Dumb ???

why you're so care about?

i've got 2 samurai at home and none of them taking cost from your wallet

please see my collection bro before you're comments
i've got so many preds custom and i've got a lot of appreciation for that ..
do you think it's dumb ?

@Darkmoon

I was talking about the Xeno heads coming in different colors. I wasn't talking to you or your custom predators.

Lets see which Xeno head I get. I bought the samurai predator 2 days ago. On eBay off a us seller for $300. Hope it's purple. Because I just saw the orange head. Damn that thing looks hideous in orange.

A few days ago I purchased, thanks to you all, my first and maybe last hot toys predator, the last samurai with alien purple head. I,ve never liked hot toys body sculpts until now, IMO they looked to thin and toyish. Now Im seeing some improvements in the body for the 1/6 new figures as the City Hunter, hope they continue improving the bodies, head likeness (city hunter is not accurate) and paint applications.

This Samurai Predator was a bit overpriced but is a piece of art, unique and an interpretation. Im looking forward for a new 1/6 Elder Predator, hope this time is cheaper than the Samurai one.

Has anyone tried to put another predator mask on Samurais head? Do they fit?

Are there any custom painted versions for this Samurai Predator?

Back