Amazing Spider-Man #700 SPOILERS...WTF???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Now I haven't read comics in a while but what the hell is this crap?

Can anyone that has been reading it say that the story leading up to this is any good?

Marvel writer Dan Slott is getting death threats for the leaked ending of Spider-Man #700

Ready?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Granted it will eventually be fixed but WTF???

Can anyone that has been reading it say that the story leading up to this is any good?

Marvel writer Dan Slott is getting death threats for the leaked ending of Spider-Man #700

Ready?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Thats why i stopping read the garbage marvel puts out spiderman ended for long ago for me.
They killed him in the other storyline Im tired of the shock value comics try to bring .

Pete will be back soon, Cap came back, Batman came back ect...

People spend too much time judging and complaining about the circumstances of comics and movies instead of just accepting & enjoying whats there.

So Spider-man won't be Peter park for 6-18 months, then they'll have a 28-issue cross-over where Peter comes back, just in time for ASM 2. There are some good stories coming out of Marvel, but its mostly crap like this.

dumb. Whatever, I don't collect any current Marvel titles right now anyway.

I am however reading Marvel Masterworks #5 right now. Fantastic 4, by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

:bow

Doesn't really get any better than Lee/Kirby.

Nearly every major storyline by Marvel nowadays would have been relegated to a "What If?" comic years ago. It really cheapens everything comics could be and used to be when this constantly happens. I think there should be shocking events, but: 1) they should be the exception rather than the rule; and 2) they should stick more often than they don't (deaths excluded, since no one ever hardly died for long in comics).

Sure, you could read it and enjoy it for what it is (just like I've enjoyed many "What If?"/Elseworlds stories over the years), but there is no real investment in the characters or stories when you know that the only purpose for these comics is to "shock," and everything that happens has no real consequence and will be fixed a few months later. It's a cheap, shallow joy knowing that gimmickry and a lack of consequence rules the day.

*apologies to every golden age Superman story ever written :lol But at least in those cases there was a whimsical charm, and neither the writers nor the readers took them all that seriously to begin with.

They should incorporate this element into the new Amazing Spider-Man movie.

That would be SWEET.

Petah can trade brains with Jamie Foxx instead.

Ready?
Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow, the last Spider-man comic I bought wholesale was where he married MJ. The last Spider-man comic I bought was where aunt may died.

I guess I could look up what happen in the 00s issues but na.

I have not bought a comic in years. I live where they are not sold. I need the last one to go with my others.

What I am asking is other then Mile High (do they still sell comics?) what is a good place to buy them at a discount? I will not be buying like I once did but I did give the Kindle a try and sorry I have to stay old school. I want paper, from what I seen it cost the same other then the shipping & handling.

Honestly, when is the last time Spider-man was well written? Aside from a stand alone issue here and there, it is consistantly written by 1) Hollywood guys who save their a-game for screenplays and 2) writers willing to carry out Joe-Q's latest dumbassery.

You think so? I actually doubt that.

I stopped reading Marvel around the time of the 90's clone saga. Definitely these new "now' Marvel comics are not going to bring me back.

Back