PDA

View Full Version : NECA fans, do you have a dream license?

henzINNIT
12-18-2012, 03:19 PM
In my opinion, Neca have become the go-to company for great small scale collectables over the last few years. Not only have they been reliably producing great sculpts, but they've also begun to creatively implement useful and sublte articulation in a way I've never seen before.

They've fulfilled some geeky dreams in the form of the Predator tribes and continue to do so with the upcoming human characters from the Predator and Alien franchises. They're quickly collecting a great range of licenses, an so my question is...

What franchise would you love to see Neca tackle in the future?

I think my pick would be The Matrix.

I fear the lackluster sequels may have killed interest in the title, but the original film is a classic and those characters would sit perfectly alongisde Neca's other sci-fi staples. Great sculpts with the new articulation could work wonders with this license.

I'd snap up figures from the lobby shoot-out, subway fight and the training sequence in the dojo. A sentinel would be great too. Mcfarlane did decent work but the industry has moved on so far, I'd love to see what today's figures would look like.

Would also love to see Buffy/Angel (hell, any Whedon series) figures too, but I think that ship has long since sailed.

What would you guys like to see?

a-dev
12-18-2012, 03:38 PM
I can honestly say they are doing or have already done everything I've ever truly wanted at the scale they produce. Terminator, Robocop, Alien and Predator.

I only care for them to finish those franchises, ideally including risky choices like Mike Harrigan from Predator 2, John Connor from T2 etc - however those are really unlikely it would seem.

But I just don't understand at all why theres a hesitancy about producing ED-209 and the Queen Alien.

bigbrocha
12-18-2012, 03:49 PM
PULP FICTION

There's just too many I want to just pick one....

John Carpenter line- Big trouble Little China, The Thing, Halloween, They Live, Escape From New York, The Fog

Stephen King line- Creepshow, Children of the Corn, The Shining, Salem's lot, Maximum Overdrive, IT

Any of these- Walking Dead, Dexter, Sons of Anarchy, District 9, Dusk til Dawn, Phantasm, American Werewolf in London, The Running Man, Commando, Rambo, Fifth Element, JAWS, Underworld, Re-animator, Critters, Return of the Living Dead, Toxic Avenger, From Hell, Se7en, Inglorius Basterds, Swamp Thing, Repo Man, Starship Troopers.

crazypredator2
12-18-2012, 03:52 PM
i only want them to do an alien queen, after that i don't care what they make or don't make,or even if they go out of business.

greygoose
12-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Alien Queen and TMNT 80/90's cartoon.

bigbisont
12-18-2012, 04:06 PM
i only want them to do an alien queen, after that i don't care what they make or don't make,or even if they go out of business.

LOL. Well, I wouldn't quite go that far... But yeah, my 2 favorite movies all time are Aliens and Army of Darkness. I believe they have sufficiently kicked ass and, pending the upcoming marines, I would be happy to say "Nice work fellas. Take a much deserved break".

But if they wanted to touch on Tombstone (#3 all time) I would eat up the Earp brothers, Doc and Johny Ringo! Hell, they wouldnt even have to acquire that many more actor's likenesses!

Valfar
12-18-2012, 04:19 PM
All five robots from Short Circuit Johnny Five from Short Circuit 2 with his modifications and a battered punk version as well.

Lord Freezer
12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
AvP, Alien 3, Alien resurrection, Terminator 3, Terminator Salvation, Star Wars, TMNT from the first movie.

EFFalcon
12-18-2012, 04:29 PM
anything 1/4 scale :P

(OO)SKYLINE(OO)
12-18-2012, 05:45 PM
They have done some of the characters that I like already:

Predator / Predator 2 / God Of War / Resident Evil: ORC / Street Fighter.

Would be good to see:

Rockstar: The Warriors (the group of 9 members) / Manhunt (James Earl Cash) / Bully (Jimmy Hopkins).

Mortal Kombat 9 characters... Scorpion / Sub Zero etc...

TMNT and an Alien Queen.

Evil_Ash
12-18-2012, 06:45 PM
Indiana jones. That is all.

illproxy
12-18-2012, 07:16 PM
sons of anarchy

kl241
12-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Blade Runner

crazypredator2
12-18-2012, 09:03 PM
Sabres21768 - vs- The Rider toysrus exclusive 2-pack.

Jace Madan
12-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Figures of the 4 turtles and Shredder from the 1990 live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.

The Rider
12-19-2012, 04:13 AM
Cult Classics Figures with Bases to Gladiator Maximus, Leon the prefessionell, Godfather Don Vito Corleone, revisted Scarface, Desperado (Antonio Banderas) and Crying Freeman(Mark Dagascos).

saintsyn
12-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Escape from New York
Road Warrior
Big Trouble in Little China
Commando
Riddick

turtlesforever
12-19-2012, 08:50 AM
Sure do....
1.Universal Monsters
2.Halloween (again)
3.FINISH the BEST TMNT line that they started. (they are the best tmnt I have ever owned, And I own EVERY interpretation!) { but i do love the new nick basic figures too!

Matt S
12-19-2012, 09:13 AM
Quality terminator figures - more Evil Dead 2, Army of Darkness, and Valve related stuff

x-Mcfreak
12-19-2012, 09:21 AM
Mad Max or Road Warrior figures with Interceptor!

VintijDroidGutzz
12-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Figures of the 4 turtles and Shredder from the 1990 live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
:clap :exactly: :clap

I'd love to see that.

smitty
12-19-2012, 09:28 AM
-Finish the TMNT line-or at least give us Shredder and Casey Jones.
-Indiana Jones
-Star Wars
-GI Joe

I realize there is very little chance on 3 out of 4 of these lines, but would still be cool.

P.S. I'd only want them if they were fully articulated, I can't stand NECA's action-statues!

Evil_Ash
12-19-2012, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know if and when Hasbro's Indy license will be up? This is whats stopping NECA from Indy greatness.

abake
12-19-2012, 10:42 AM
I think NECA are particularly good at sci-fi/horror franchises.

I'd like to see them finish the Alien franchise:

- AvP aliens and preds
- Re-release AvP-R aliens and preds
- Alien: re-release Giger's alien, the Nostromo crew, each with a part of a diorama of a wall of the Nostromo, plus Dallas, Lambert and Kane in space-suits, each with a part of a dio of the wall or floor of the derelict ship, and finally, the Space Jockey.
- Aliens: Bishop, Ripley, Apone, Gorman, Vasquez, alien Queen
- Alien 3: the dragon, Ripley, Dillon, Clemens
- A:R: aliens, Ripley

Then I'd like to see Bram Stoker's Dracula: Prince Vlad in armor, Dracula as old man in his Kabuki-style attire, as young man in Victorian garb, as wolf-creature and as bat-creature.

Pretty left-field, but how about Excalibur?
I'd love to have a bunch of shining Knights on my desk.

Blade Runner would be great, but I don't think the long coats suit plastic.

The original POTA. Would love to see Charlton Heston in his astronaut gear and all of the apes.

There's probably tons more, but those spring to mind.

smitty
12-19-2012, 11:30 AM

The original POTA. Would love to see Charlton Heston in his astronaut gear and all of the apes.

Excalibur would be amazing! Each knight could come with a pice of the round table. Some pretty cool possibilities with that one.:goodpost:

And some POTA would be pretty rad too!
:clap:clap

greygoose
12-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Hell yeah! :rock

:pray:

smitty
12-19-2012, 12:09 PM
I forgot, and this would be a very long shot, but I have always wanted good WILLOW figures. (Yes I like Willow).

henzINNIT
12-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Not sure how popular it would be, but the child in me would love to see some high quality Jurassic Park figures.

Blade Runner

Oooh that would be good.

Sabres21768
12-19-2012, 01:05 PM

INSTABUY! :clap

Texlander
12-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Personally, I wish they'd have continued the Highlander line. Would kill for more of those figures.

saintsyn
12-19-2012, 02:56 PM
I forgot, and this would be a very long shot, but I have always wanted good WILLOW figures. (Yes I like Willow).

Good call! Madmartigan and General Kael would be boss!

DiFabio
12-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Well, they've pretty much covered Terminator and Robocop for me (save for a nice damaged, Peter Weller faced Robocop).

Since Mattel is so incompetent, I'd like to see NECA score a Batman license or two. They did pretty well with those bobble heads, I could easily see them putting out great '89 Batman figures as well as The Dark Knight.

I'd also think they'd pull of a line of Small Soldiers too. I could see NECA representations of Archer, Chip Hazard, the Gorgonites and the commando elite.

Also Lord of the Rings. I'd love to see them go into the 6" and 7" territory. I think they could rival Toy Biz if they tried with a selection of the 9 Fellowship members, orcs, Uruk-Hai, monsters, etc.

greygoose
12-19-2012, 04:03 PM
I'd also think they'd pull of a line of Small Soldiers too. I could see NECA representations of Archer, Chip Hazard, the Gorgonites and the commando elite.

That'd be sweet. Love that film.:clap

Reefer Shark
12-19-2012, 04:41 PM

Would be all over NECA Excalibur goodness. Been waiting my entire collecting life for someone to produce that version of the knights of the round table (+ Merlin & Modred of course)

Articulation Junkie
12-19-2012, 04:44 PM
All five robots from Short Circuit Johnny Five from Short Circuit 2 with his modifications and a battered punk version as well.

Short Circuit FTW! "No disassemble." I truly hope that we'll get one somewhere down the road. I saw a video on youtube awhile back with a custom. It was called Robot V, but I think there was only a hundred or so made.

snoop101
12-19-2012, 04:58 PM
Short circuit?

:lol :lol :lol

snoop101
12-19-2012, 05:01 PM
My dream license is already being done by them, the Marines from Aliens.:yess: A Marion Cobretti from COBRA would also be a badass figure.

Id also love for them to do Batman movie figures. Id buy them from any of the films, even Batman and Robin.:lol

Valfar
12-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Short circuit?

:lol :lol :lol

Laughs the guy who loves that overrated Drive movie. :P

Viking Spawn
12-20-2012, 01:52 AM
6" Avengers 2012 :rock

Desamo
12-20-2012, 03:57 AM
Underworld make it happen Neca. I want Selene, Michael both human and werewolf versions, Kraven, Viktor and of course many Lycans:pray:

abake
12-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Underworld would be great!
Lots of cool werwolves, vampires and chicks.

PharOOO
12-20-2012, 08:57 AM
I'd love NECA to obtaining the Clint Eastwood likeness for some of his most popular movies like Dirty Harry and The Man with No Name trilogy. Imagine a 1/4 scale "Blondie" figure from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly! Wow!

I'd also love if NECA could produce Batman figures from the Nolan movies.

I believe both licenses would be huge financial gains for NECA. Ask me 4 years ago if I'd have shelves full of amazing Alien, Predator, and Terminator figures in 6, 12, and 24 inch scale and I would have said no. So anything is possible given the right motivation and monetary gains for NECA.
Here's hoping ...

snoop101
12-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Laughs the guy who loves that overrated Drive movie. :P

:dunnoDrive is a great movie. How is it overrated? And yes you are going to get laughed at if Short Circuit is your "dream license." :rotfl

Valfar
12-20-2012, 10:46 AM
Short Circuit is childhood memories for me hence one of my dream licences, there is virtually nothing on the market and those robot designs are really cool.

Drive = overly stylistic feel with a flat ass story..yawnfest.

Nova Robotics Robot Replica> Gay scorpion douche jacket

snoop101
12-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Short Circuit is childhood memories for me hence one of my dream licences, there is virtually nothing on the market and those robot designs are really cool.

Drive = overly stylistic feel with a flat ass story..yawnfest.

Nova Robotics Robot Replica> Gay scorpion douche jacket

You wonder why?:lol

Stylistic arthouse (extremely violent) action with a great story > Short circuit

A grown ass man that watches Short Circuit. :lol :rotfl :lol

greygoose
12-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Gay scorpion douche jacket

Mate don't diss the scorpion jacket.:nono

Valfar
12-20-2012, 02:03 PM
You wonder why?:lol

Stylistic arthouse (extremely violent) action with a great story > Short circuit

A grown ass man that watches Short Circuit. :lol :rotfl :lol

A grown ass man on a toy forum just like you?..what point are you trying to make?..you dedicated your space on here to the most overrated movie of 2011, Ryan Gosling is boring and was especially boring in that boring movie called Drive.

This pretty much sums up Drive..
http://whatculture.com/film/why-drive-is-the-moster-overrated-film-of-2011.php

Short Circuit is very much a family movie sure and its not the greatest family movie but, the robotics were fantastic and quite believable in these flicks and i like the design hence it is a dream licence i would love to see Neca do, with how many 80's licences they have going right now,great sculpting(especially on non human characters) and with a decent price point and being able to milk one mold and retool it slightly it is perfect for this licence.

snoop101
12-20-2012, 02:14 PM
A grown ass man on a toy forum just like you?..what point are you trying to make?..you dedicated your space on here to the most overrated movie of 2011, Ryan Gosling is boring and was especially boring in that boring movie called Drive.

This pretty much sums up Drive..
http://whatculture.com/film/why-drive-is-the-moster-overrated-film-of-2011.php

If Short Circuit is your dream license, you will get laughed at.:lol

The point Im trying to make is how your hating on one of the best movies of 2011, and saying it's "overly stylistic" and "boring" yet you think Short circuit (:lol) is badass. You can't even manage to have an opinion of your own, you base what you think off of 'internet articles.' The same exact thing happened in the HT Man of Steel thread, you told everyone to read an article as to convince us why Cavill looks like the gay kid from Star Wars.

a-dev
12-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I do think Short Circuit is collectible-worthy. He's the robot ET and there is an ET line. I wouldn't buy it but if ET has a line why shouldn't Short Circuit.

Valfar
12-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Short Circuit FTW! "No disassemble." I truly hope that we'll get one somewhere down the road. I saw a video on youtube awhile back with a custom. It was called Robot V, but I think there was only a hundred or so made.

Yup, i believe there was a angry red eye variant as well but, these were too pricey for a figure with such limited articulation and soft sculpted detailing.

snoop101
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I do think Short Circuit is collectible-worthy. He's the robot ET and there is an ET line. I wouldn't buy it but if ET has a line why shouldn't Short Circuit.

I just find it odd that out of all the great movies out there, Short Circuit would be on the top of someones list. It's almost insulting to all of the good movies that haven't gotten figures yet. I thought this thread had to do with dream licenses...........oh wait.

Valfar
12-20-2012, 02:25 PM
If Short Circuit is your dream license, you will get laughed at.:lol

The point Im trying to make is how your hating on one of the best movies of 2011, and saying it's "overly stylistic" and "boring" yet you think Short circuit (:lol) is badass. You can't even manage to have an opinion of your own, you base what you think off of 'internet articles.' The same exact thing happened in the HT Man of Steel thread, you told everyone to read an article as to convince us why Cavill looks like the gay kid from Star Wars.

Yes, the Nova Robotics design in Short Circuit i very much like and want those on my shelf but, i would never be caught wearing a cheap shiny cream colour scorpion coat that looks like the liner out of a real jacket. XD

Valfar
12-20-2012, 02:30 PM
I just find it odd that out of all the great movies out there, Short Circuit would be on the top of someones list. It's almost insulting to all of the good movies that haven't gotten figures yet. I thought this thread had to do with dream licenses...........oh wait.

Read the thread title bai!!!, really has nothing to do with the movie itself though, i remember back in the 80's it was well recieved amongst the kids i knew.

Yes, part of the dream of wanting one so bad is because in SC2 we see scaled versions being made and sold, something i always wanted as a kid but, there was nothing made ever, hopefully soon this wish comes true.

Almost every licence suggested in here so far, we've seen figures from these licences already(maybe not certain characters suggested sure)..they are great choices but, i personally want something that has never been done before..Blade Runner figures would be another line i'd love to see Neca do.

lerath666
12-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Neca actualy has some pretty solid liscenses, and some fairly amazing sculpting.

My dream for neca?

I'd love to see them jump feet first into the 1/6th scale collectors market.

Sachiel
12-20-2012, 03:30 PM
Johnny 5 would make a cool figure.

Since Mattel is so incompetent, I'd like to see NECA score a Batman license or two.

Speaking of Mattel's incompetence... Ghostbusters. I'd like to see NECA finally do the main four.

I agree about 7" Burton/Nolan Batman and The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.

Escape From New York

They did say they're interested in this license.

DiFabio
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Oh yeah, I know NECA could make better Ghostbusters figures.

And I could see a Snake Plissken after their Terminator and Rocky figures. It'd be cool.

Jay1138
12-21-2012, 12:59 PM
I want NECA to keep making Terminator figures.

I'd also like to see a Quentin Tarantino line. Every series could be an assortment of characters from his films.

I'd also like to see Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.

Elder_Predator2
12-21-2012, 06:40 PM
Walking Dead wouldn't be bad at all

KORNdog
12-21-2012, 06:52 PM
2000ad. But only if they'd do some of the more "niche" characters, not just dredd or rogue trooper, or strontium dog etc. i want sinister dexter, slain and finn. Something super posable. I'd hope threeA would do them, but the chances seem slim as hell.

crows
12-22-2012, 03:35 AM
... walking Dead

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loet9qrm1N1qg9fn3.gif

Sachiel
12-22-2012, 10:34 PM
Yeah. That's more like a shattered dream since they turned it down before McFarlane got it. :lol

The Skull
12-22-2012, 10:42 PM
I would love neca to step back into 12" figures, they made a few over the years but not nearly enought. I would perfer to collect there predator line in 1/6 scale at like 30-40 bucks a pop rather then hot toys at 200-300 a pop. I love hot toys predators as I got 4 of them, but being there not clothing heavy figures I think neca could do a great job with them at that scale.

A few more terminator figures would be nice to in 1/6 scale too, like an endo from neca would be pretty desent I think and easy to afford a few to army build. Heck a kyle reese and police shootout would be cool to have too from them, maybe we could even get a t1 sarah or a t2 john connor out of the deal!!

Viking Spawn
12-22-2012, 10:48 PM
Oh yeah, I know NECA could make better Ghostbusters figures.

And I could see a Snake Plissken after their Terminator and Rocky figures. It'd be cool.

NECA started making Ghostbusters toys but due to licensing issues, never made any of the human characters. :monkey2

Walking Dead wouldn't be bad at all

I take it you're not a fan of the McFarlane products?