'River Triumphant' Serenity Statue by DST

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firefly Flanatic

Super Freak
Reaction score
River Statue

Looks nice but I bet Sideshow could make it so much better!

Sideshow - please - start marketing Serenity and Firefly - there is obviously a market out there with eager Browncoats waiting to spend all their money!!

Yeah, it looks pretty good, but my Firefly/Serenity buzz has worn off. I'd still buy an SSC Mal figure though.

Looks good. If I were a big Firefly fan, I'd be all over it.

Firefly Flanatic said:

Yeah, but it would also cost about twice as much.

BillyBudd said:
Looks good. If I were a big Firefly fan, I'd be all over it.

Yeah, but it would also cost about twice as much.

True, but Sideshow's would be at least twice, if not three times the size! That statue is only the size of the 6" figures.

After the disappointment of the 6" figures from Diamond, I'll pass on this. Another thing- It's $100!

Firefly Flanatic said:
River Statue

Sideshow - please - start marketing Serenity and Firefly - there is obviously a market out there with eager Browncoats waiting to spend all their money!!

I'm not into statues and River is not my favorite character but that is so awesome. Tempting. Very tempting.

If it actually looked like her and not those godawful figures this could be pretty cool. Its too bad that Firefly products are in thier hands... Sideshow please step in!!!

I have to say, Im very impressed for a DST product. I see the resemblance, but I wanta SS statue or PF instead...And preferably Mal.:D

It's just what I wanted! But as almost anyone pointed out, SSC woould've done it so much better. Still I'm impressed by it and will think over getting it. :monkey3

OK...I'll ask the dumb question :eek:

Since DST has the license for Serenity figures, and since this River piece is in scale with their original 6 inch Mal/Jane releases :)yuck , btw), does it mean the SSC has any chance whatsoever in obtaining the 12 inch or larger scale?

Or is it likely an all-in-one deal (i.e., DST and DST alone can produce any scale they like)?...meaning SSC is locked out from the Serenity line...meaning :monkey2 :mad: :banghead

Just curious to see if any folks had an inkling about how the licensing for Serenity might have played out.

G&T
PS - guess this doesn't really affect any hopes for a Firefly line...:confused:

Hey that looks very cool, I like the concept. I don't like the size though. I'd be willing to pay more for a larger scale so I don't know if I'll get this. I like the edition size as well. :cool:

Games&Theory said:
OK...I'll ask the dumb question :eek:

Since DST has the license for Serenity figures, and since this River piece is in scale with their original 6 inch Mal/Jane releases :)yuck , btw), does it mean the SSC has any chance whatsoever in obtaining the 12 inch or larger scale?

Or is it likely an all-in-one deal (i.e., DST and DST alone can produce any scale they like)?...meaning SSC is locked out from the Serenity line...meaning :monkey2 :mad: :banghead

Just curious to see if any folks had an inkling about how the licensing for Serenity might have played out.

G&T
PS - guess this doesn't really affect any hopes for a Firefly line...:confused:

YES
Licenses for products are often very narrow, which says how big, what kind and what materials they're made of. If Diamond makes 6" resin statues /dioaramas of Serenity, there is nothing that says that Sideshow can't get a 12" or PF licens for Serenity - A PF River and Mal would be cool :D

With DST releasing both 6" Buffy and Angel figures, hasn't stopped Sideshow from releasing 12"ers from those licenses.

This statue presents a bit of a puzzle for me. My first thought was to pass on it... I did on the rest of the figures it seems like a no-brainer to pass on this one. The cost sure seems to be prohibitive. And I'm sure the production pieces are going to look far worse than these proto pictures.

Yet I want, MORE THAN ANYTHING, for Sideshow to produce a 12" line for Firefly/Serenity. What if Sideshow is looking at this release to gauge interest in the line and the piece doesn't sell well? :monkey2

So the big question: Am I willing to spend $100 to let Sideshow get "the signal" that there is a market for more Verse stuff?

I'm thinking... no. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Zaius,
I am in the same predicament. I don't much care for DST products, but I want to show my support for the Firefly and Serenity licenses. Does that mean I need to buy a bag of crap with the Serenity logo on it? I am not sure, I mean I did buy the DST Serenity figures, so I may have already crossed that line.

Luckily I get a healthy discount at a local comic retailer, so the price is somewhat more affordable, and I love the pose and idea of the figure, but my monitor at work is too dark to see the product. I would much rather put the money towards Sideshow products though.

Of any piece that I'd want from Serenity, this would be it. But the size is a deterrent. Oh to have a PF of this though!

I have the Welcome Faith diorama and although it's small it's very well done. I'm thinking if I like that I should like this one. :D Although I only paid around $50 IIRC for that piece.

I bought all the DST figures as well and sold them all off except for Mercenary Jayne because I felt that t-shirt and pose was most like the character in the movie.

I'm still trying to decide about the River statue. Over-priced and may regret buying it later, but it seems sort of fun, like the Mercenary Jayne. And at least it is a woman character from that movie/series. I was thinking they may never make female characters. :monkey2

Back