The Amory Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToastedFred

Super Freak
Reaction score
amory.png

Anyone else here a fan of Claudio Sanchez and his work?

I got into the music first and then read a few issues of The Amory Wars round a friends house, but for the life of me can't find a Hardcover edition of either of the first two volumes.

I like Coheed but not into comics. The last few albums have sucked so much ass though.

IKSSEIII forever. **** the rest.

IKSSEIII is definitely one of their best, but did you not even like Afterman: Ascension? I personally think it's a good album and am definitely looking forward to Afterman: Descension in February.

No it's awful. Hard time getting thru 2 listens. I like their first 3 albums a lot but not much else. Their new song from descent ion sounds good though.

I've been listening to them since SSTB, but their latest stuff is wearing thin. They first caught my attention because their music was pretty far out there, compared to what I was listening to at the time, but their shtick has kinda worn on me, for lack of a better term.

Having said that, the whole story behind the music really intrigues me, but even still, reading the comics doesn't help me understand what's going on at all. :lol

It's odd to me that A:A doesn't sit too well with the both of you as my friend (who is a bigger Coheed fan than I) and myself think it's actually one of their best albums. Not the best, but still very good. Especially the demo versions of the songs. Goodnight Fair Lady's demo which is basically an acoustic version of the song is brilliant.

In fact we saw them live in November where they played 3 tracks from A:A which were awesome live, as well as an acoustic version of A Favor House Atlantic to everyone's surprise.

And I agree that the comics don't help understand that much, but having read the first two or so issues of SSTB, which are now quite hard to find I believe, that certainly helped me a lot. It introduces the characters, key concepts and the plotline quite well.

So I just started listening to The Afterman: Descension album, and let me first start by saying that I'm a casual Coheed and Cambria fan, in the truest sense. I remember enjoying "A Favor House Atlantic" when the single was released back in the day. And other than that, I've heard a few other singles here and there, but have never bought an album.

Then enters The Afterman: Descension....which had me revisiting their earlier work....and wow, what can of worms did I just open by reading about "The Amory Wars"? *mind blown* I wiki'd the name, read a quick synopsis, and I'll admit that I'm already hooked by intrigue.

So because I'm a casual fan, I need some of the more seasoned fans to fill me in here.

Does SSTB tell the story of the Amory Wars from the beginning or is it only meant to supplement what is depicted in the written works? I know the story has been intertwined with all of their major album releases to date, but are the albums merely complimenting that which is written? I'm tempted to start listening to all of their albums from SSTB onward just to hear more about this story. Obviously, the comics are a must, but I take it the albums are as well?

Some info would be greatly appreciated!

Well I managed to get a hold of this today for close to the original price, so once I've given it a read, I'll try and help some more.
501AE4EF-5C38-4795-AAF4-575192F1042E-759-000000C45C5931F1.jpg

What I can clarify, which may help, is the order of the albums in the story's timeline.

The Afterman: Ascension and Descenion - Album Released 2012/2013 and covers the character of Sirius Amory and the origins of the Amory Wars saga.
Year of the Black Rainbow - Album Released 2010 and acts as the first part of the Amory Wars saga.
Second Stage Turbine Blade - Album Released 2002 and links to the second part of the Amory Wars saga, though their first album.
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 - Album Released 2003 and links to the third part of the Amory Wars saga.
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness - Album Released 2005 and covers the character of The Writer, pretty much t he fourth part of the saga.
Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow - Album Released 2007, no graphic novel has been released but is a sequel and continuation of the fourth part of the saga.

I have read some of the first issues, that my friend owns but I still don't have my head fully wrapped around the story just yet. The albums aren't a must if you have the comics but they do compliment each other very well. You understand the narrative of the songs more, and vice versa.

Back