New Shinning custom ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the original one
medicomshining.jpg

and this is the new one.
EP1100789.jpg

It's the same figure if you ask me.

to be honnest , they both look a little cartoonisch.
But it works .

Again a limited edition with the same sculpt...
and within a few years again a limited edition with the same sculpt?

This is what appears to be a bad recasting of the original. The CRM version is pretty extreme looking, but still serious. This "new" one looks like he's related to Goober Pile :lol

We all have to remember too that CRM Toys has some sick tailors stitching the clothes for their figures. The clothes on this one look to be of poor quality. My Torrance has a beautiful, satin-like liner stitched into the jacket. My sister is a textile designer and she has noted on all my CRM figures that the tailoring is A.) Seemingly hand-crafted B.) Meticulous as poo C.) Time consuming. This thing looks like someone bought the CRM figure and recast the head, threw some similar clothes on it, and is trying polish a turd. I would say Caveat Emptor over Here's Johnny!

I wonder if the value of the previous version is now going to decline...

Image all the collectors who paid like hell for the first version
(in that case my face would be even more frantic than the toy)

I can't believe that hunk of turd knock-off sold for so much?!?! Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess :monkey1

Step right up and buy some more knock-offs! :lol

And an additional note, the original Mr Torrance figure was made by CRM toys, and their logo is promenent on their packaging, its nowhere to be found on this monstrosity. I'm guessing someone made some castings and bashed together this guy... its not an altogether terrible effort, but pales in comparison to the original.

I have the chance for buying a CRM original.
What would be a reasonable price?
Maybe I am going to pass on it because of the Randy Quai likeness.

Just saw this post has been made exactly one year later than the last...

Scary,not?

"You've got the shinning boy!"
"Don't you mean the Shining?"
"Shush! Ya wanna get sued!"

courtesy of the Simpsons Halloween episode making fun of the Shining, and all I could think of when I saw Shai's post. LOL!:lol

It sucks this figure is of such poor quality.....ahhhh knock offs :monkey2:monkey2 I wanted this figure so bad a couple years ago....went looking all over NYC and none were to be had.....though I probably couldn't afford one anyway. Rumor was that Elijah Wood bought the one I was seeking at a comic shop in the West Village. Damn hobbit!!! :lol

It sucks this figure is of such poor quality.....ahhhh knock offs :monkey2:monkey2 I wanted this figure so bad a couple years ago....went looking all over NYC and none were to be had.....though I probably couldn't afford one anyway. Rumor was that Elijah Wood bought the one I was seeking at a comic shop in the West Village. Damn hobbit!!! :lol

:lol:lol:lol

Back