Action Figure Kitbash Tron Legacy Sam Flynn on the cheap

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geil

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK so the HS from the lightcycle has been laying around and I just noticed during cleanup again how the Spinmaster Sam Flynn (I think it was?) is actually a decent 1/6 representation. The only one we have in the gaming outfit so....
Actually at first I thought it be a nightmare but in reality it wasn't so bad and I did it while very sleepy, more like hacking at it lol
Remove screw to remove front side of the helmet which has a bit of glue adhering it to the chin armour
Unscrew the top back screws to be able to pry apart the upper body to pull out the projecting faceplate tube thing. I just unscrewed that from the led board and left the board inside the body so not to short anything to retain the speech and light feature. The chin piece is separate so I just squeezed the HS in there and it's holding fine for now. Screwed it back together. The upper body may have difficulty to snap back together as the screw posts are slightly misaligned so just shift the front and back body parts a little to get them to realign and snap back together. The helmet back has some plastic sticking out for attaching the faceplate so that was the only parts I had to cut away completely to allow the head to sit flush against it. I was too lazy and tires to use the Dremel so I just hacked away at it piece by piece with a small wire cutter. And voila. Surprised how decent it looks lol. Oh I jumped the HS into the chin frame so I am sure the contact points are scratched but I didn't want to bother modding that piece but you could. Oh I pulled the neck out of the HS as it was out already prior to this but I tried w and there is no difference really :p

photodec15172723.jpg

photodec15172748.jpg

photodec15173142.jpg

photodec15173558.jpg

photodec14002539.jpg

photodec14005342.jpg

photodec15175324.jpg

Now go track down those Sams on clearance ;)

"Resistance is Futile"

Last edited:
Thanks and Happy New Year. I was surprised by the lack of feedback as many have complained about no stand alone Sam but here we are and I guess Tron fad is over already :p

Nice! I also agree about the complaints. I originally thought the one included would have a least been able to stand, but alas, it couldn't which was very disappointing.

Yeah if you are lucky enough to find it it's likely cleared at $20 it's a really nice and cheap option and the HS just makes the whole body look suddenly a million $$ :p. definitely staying on my display even though its the cheapest kitbash I own ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Back