WHY isn't there more 1/6 scale females?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Qrest Fourstar

Super Freak
Reaction score
I mean, who was the last one? Ayla or E4 leia? C'mon Sideshow, lets show a bit of diversity here. Hell, I'd even take Jocasta Nu at this point.

Uh I agree with first post, need more female characters... Mara Jade would be a instant buy for me, as well as a Padme (Normal Ep2-Ep3 preferred)

Because not many men want to be seen owning a doll.

With a main subject of your signature a female?

Female characters are boring, true story.

agreed on both. And Jocusta Nu (or whatever), really?

Lol whut?

With a signature and avatar of a female??

The thing is, the female body is VERY difficult to capture in any posable medium. That is the only reason.

It's the hips, man.

36 points of articulation means nothing if the legs can't move realistically.

With males, it's relatively easy. We're like stick figures. Females? Not so much.

Hopefully if baroness comes out well, we'll see a better selection. :lecture

i can't wait to see more females characters. it seems to me with ss version of leia (anh) that her head was too big. the same argument can be said for others as well. but if hot toys made a padme, i'd be all over it. any version of her would work for me. i think her elaborate gowns would just look awesome. i would even welcome ht aurra sing to the mix or any other updated version of leia.

I think Sideshow is scared of female 12" figures. Plenty of options for Leia and Padme to do, but I think both characters on a to "get-to" list from Sideshow and Hot Toys.

Agree, need a good lineup of female SW characters -- Slave Leia, Mara Jade, Queen Amidala, Arena Padme, Darth Talon, Shaak Ti, Satele Shan, Oola, and a new Aayla Secura

Anyone think SSC could pull off a quality Leia in Slave outfit? no way in hell - it would have a giant head if nothing else

HT is the only company that can do females right

part of it is the division on what people want. No exposed joints? Articulation will be 1/2 assed, and poses will look ok in some poses, and bad in others. and in clothing it might end up looking incredably wonky.

Fully jointed body? some very vocal people with ***** incessantly.

Sculpted hair vs Doll hair?
BOth have advantages and disadvantages, though Doll hair generaly looks out of place in a 1/6th collection where every other figure has sculpted hair.

Though sculpted long hair might look odd in some poses, and hinder articulation if done incorrectly.

Short version, it's COMPLETELY impossible to please everyone with female figures, so they only do them very sparingly.

Personal preference, Full exposed joints, and Sculpted hair.

Anyone think SSC could pull off a quality Leia in Slave outfit? no way in hell - it would have a giant head if nothing else

HT is the only company that can do females right

No kidding, did you see the enormous bobblehead on the Baroness, or the new snake-eyes? it was like a bowling ball in a pencil.

/sarcasam

Pretty sure sideshow could make it just fine. The days of bobbleheaded- sillyness seem to be long behind them

Back