Another (definite) ebay scam

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandito

Super Freak
Reaction score
Another possible ebay scammer tactics:

Using 100+ feedback accounts (around 1 year), selling lots of HT figures which ends around the same time, Built feedback using cheap/non-figure related products, use pictures from other users, (sometimes) use same title as others sellers,

Around October this year these were the users involved:
kamee088, ganggang12312

End of last month/early this month (just ended):
8858roomoof
Just recently using the same pics (as 8858roomoof) this user (auction ends in a day or so):
milletdream

8858roomoof and milletdream are using pics from the ebay id: zhonkjf

Last edited:
Re: Another (possible) ebay scam

Selling HT figures and not delivering, with money back guaranteed, these sellers are targeting Paypal (getting your money, closing account and run)... & Your time wasted waiting for a refund.

Last edited:

I saw this person selling similar stuff as well, has more ratings though but none HT related lately.

username is smail-shopping

How does this even Happen. I have over 100 feedback, all from buying, selling I have 2 or 3, and when I sell something, it takes no less than 21 days to clear the payment if I don't provide tracking etc. Is it just Canada that's like that?

I saw that kamee088 one happen. I wanted to get an ironman figure but after investigating the sales Kamee seemed really suspicious, so I bookmarked him and waited for the complaints. Sure enough, he got like 40 within a week.

You really need to do research on people you buy from and see if their history makes sense. If something's off, best not to take a risk to save a couple bucks.

As a simple rule, I generally don't buy from anyone who has a half-assed non-name with numbers.

Let's watch "milletdream" right now on ebay with 3 Ironman Mark Vs, all ending at the same time in 7 hours, and he only has one previous HT sale, the rest is all some $40 nothing. He smells fishy to me.

Last edited:

I know someone listed 8 Hot Toys tumblers recently having never sold a Hot Toys item ... Needless to say this looked suspicious, But they have sold a lot before so ?? I don't know .... I have been reporting a few Hot Toys scam listings every day all of which sell before the listing is taken down ... It kills me to know how many people are getting scammed.

I saw that seller too and i wasn't dumb enough to fall for it. There is no way in hell they would offer free shipping on DX Luke ,on an auction. If it looks top good to be true don't risk it.

Did these auctions ever come to anything ?

It starts ... it ends.... some people paid.... the seller doesn't reply or send the product.... buyer has to claim refund from ebay/paypal which takes a few weeks/month...

It's is presumed the scamming seller runs off/close his account with some of the payments... otherwise why attempt this tactic multiple times...

Oh no... I bought HT Luke from these sellers 8858roomof and Smail shopping. I bought one from each. I take it in won't be getting my figures. Should I get on to PayPal now and try to get my money back? One auction ended Nov 30th. The other December 5th. I've already been scammed on this figure by a different seller. I think I'm not meant to have it.

Oh no... I bought HT Luke from these sellers 8858roomof and Smail shopping. I bought one from each. I take it in won't be getting my figures. Should I get on to PayPal now and try to get my money back? One auction ended Nov 30th. The other December 5th. I've already been scammed on this figure by a different seller. I think I'm not meant to have it.

I thought there was a certain amount of time you had to wait until you could file a claim. I could be wrong. Good luck and hopefully you get your money back.

you can file almost immediately i think, I would call ebay asap maybe and tell them the story and that they have recently ripped people off

I messaged both sellers. One came back (Smail shopping) guaranteeing delivery before Xmas or my money back. The other (8858roomof) has not responded at all. I'm getting on to ebay this morning.

Ok I have opened two resolution cases in PayPal against 8858roomof and smailshopping.

No response from 8858roomof but smailshopping has been in touch since I opened the PayPal case telling me they are a legitimate seller and I will have my item before Christmas.

Both have issued me with tracking numbers for my items but I dont think they are legit.

According to PayPal protocol they have 10 days to get my item to me before the PayPal resoulution centre kicks in and I get my money back.

If either seller gets their items to me I'll be very happy as I just want my HT Lukes!!!!

Last edited:
Back