Best color to paint your collectible room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brucecamblzchin

Waitlist 4 lyfe
Reaction score
I'm in the final stages of building a collection room(well having it built) and I need to start thinking about what colour I'm gonna paint it. I thought Id ask the freaks! I see a lot of standard white walls behind people's collections and I guess I could go that way but it seems too easy - is t worth going for a darker colour? I'll be displaying on wall mounted shelves so the wall will be right behind the figs, I'm just thinking I've got a blank slate with this room so why not try something different.

Open to suggestions, post pics if you've got them!

Thanks for any help guys.

I know you dont want to go with white but thats what i would choose.
If i had to go with a standout colour i would choose red.

I would go dualtone ;) a bit more effort but nice to have some contrast and create some depth, warm a cooler color your pick bit check it out in the paint shop

Dont go too dark...a medium green is nice...I like a orange/ peach/ melon color...caramel color is nice too IMHO

white may seem too boring or ordinary but it really helps light up the room and we always want our collectibles to have good lighting!

mmmmm, thanks gents yeah I'm thinking I might go white just to get started off - hey if I get sick of it paint is cheap right? I can go over the top.

I'm posting vids as things progress so check out the vids if you wish, playlist is here;

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL91D_BMuGij3w3kh2KDGDm9CVrXvvA3Dt

I've got the plaster walls going up tonight and I ordered my shelving system today! Should be up for Christmas which is great!

White around 3 walls then have a coloured wall where the tv and stuff is going to break it up:hi5:

Is this is also a study or a room where you might use your computer? Some computer graphics studios use lower lighting and paint the walls flat grey so the rods and cones of the eye have an easier time adjusting to the colors on screen.

My recommendation would be something blue/gray. Depending upon the cabinet color though.

That's exactly what I did!! Light grey vs dark blue. Every wall is a solid color but the next perpendicular one is the other. Also the dark blue I tend to allocate to walls with white window or door frames making the frames look really nice even though its just the plain white ;). But I recommend the wall with the TV to be the light and preferably neutral color as it will trick your eyes into seeing a better TV ;). The lighter color will make the darks in TV darker (especially if you install a back illuminating white light)

:borg

pure matt black everywhere, with a single light source for everything on black shelves so your collection looks like its floating in the void

Back