1/6 Captain America Harley motorcycle Custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, Im beginning work on a new custom, this time its a hasbro Harley in 1/6 scale. One of my favorate customers wants it to be the Captain America bike. :yess: So its time to sand down seems, Build the Machine gun(30cal) mount , ammo box, feed chute, rear flame thrower, resivoir tanks. Adding the handlebar controls, mirror:yess:, and toning down the leather a bit. This baby should be ready for paint in the next week or so. Bmarz i hope your excited!!!:hi5: Heres some beginning pics of the bike, concept, bits and pieces and begining work on the scratchbuilt additions. This is gonna be one mean Harley

. . . . Ok i totally didnt mean to put the lil yellow (yes) dude after mirror, i sound like i am wayyyyy to excited about rearview capability . . . .anyways, heres pics of the tanks for the back, ammo box, handlebar switch boxes all in progress

I can't believe how much the GI Joe WLA45 is going for on ebay

I got that for like £25 earlier in the year, and now people are asking crazy prices

Goid luck with your bike!

Thanks guys, check out my Indiana Jones nike in the indy section, im having alot of fun with this harley, hopefully ill be slapping some paint on this beast soon. I loved the Captain America movie so this is all very fun to do. New pics coming soon.

Looking great Hoyt! I knew you'd have fun with this. Any excuse to add automatic weapons to a motorcycle...;)

Oh, and I was a little puzzled at your choice of emoticons. I was thinking that must be some bad-a mirror! ;)

I can't believe how much the GI Joe WLA45 is going for on ebay

I got that for like £25 earlier in the year, and now people are asking crazy prices

Goid luck with your bike!

Maybe people realized it's the closest thing to a Cap bike in 1:6 scale?

Hey Bmarz, Caps all about safety and proper driving technique, you must be curtious and kind when your delivering 30cal lead to the red skulls minions, and must be watchful of your rear when bringing the whoop*&% to the masses. . . . . :rotfl

Yes this bike is gonna be the perfect compliment to your Cap figure, your gonna have quite the motorcade going dude. Heres some pics of the machinegun housing, now i just have to find some 1.6 30cal barrels, shouldnt be too hard, also threw some pics of the thompson, put the second step of my ultra secret woodgrain painting technique, :monkey1. . .i just lay down a flat yellowish color then scrape undiluted artist oil across with a rag, and boom! the plastic looks like wood. . . .and takes forever and a day to dry.

No prob bmarzs, and tonights pics will be my super secret "leather" technique, stay tuned for photos

Thanks for the painting tips. I bought that same bike about a year ago, been tempted to add the mods, but always have problems committing to whole process. Seems I start it, then it sits forever.
Great Job so far.

Aw i know exactly what you mean, i probably have about 34 unfinished projects with another 30 "Ideas" in my book. Its always a fight to finish, Ive found that if you set the bar a little lower, and forgive yourself minor mistakes, the project tends to come together better at the end. Case in point, the indy bike i did for Bmarz, there were alot of minor things i wanted to do, working headlight, minor rngine details, little more weathering, but i fought to restrain myself to things i knew i could acomplish and in the end, i painted not one but two bikes, with physical mods as well. So fight the good fight, just like anything else, you have to train yourself to finish stuff, im still a work in progress though haha.

Hers some new pics, as i type this i just laid primer on the bike, so paint apps pics coming soon. . .

and heres the leasther gun case, and pic of the woodgrain again, the leather is acheived by painting a terracotta(gw paint), and the painting full strength artist oil burnt sienna on, and then dabbing it off with a paper towel, and viola shes a leatha :)

Looking good! I'm sure Cap will love it too! :clap

I hope so, this will be such a nice companion piece to the hot toys figure, i cant wait to see pics of cap on it with his shield strapped across his back, aw its just magical:clap. . .ok enough geeking out

Hey Brady i still want to see some pics of the Jones boys on your bike i did,
Dan I would love to see pics of your figures on my bike too!!:yess:

Heres some pics of the basecoated bike, i tried to feature the overall tone, with some close ups of the "front office", also you get to see the seat basecoated and after the "leather" treatment. More pics of the bike after some detail work, switches on the handlebar controls, the rear tanks, engine, etc.

Back