DC Direct The Dark Knight Returns Superman vs Batman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adolfo

Super Freak
Reaction score
IMG_2814.jpg

I am very jealous! Looks awesome. Also I did not know Robin was in the statue as well that's great. I love the design of this statue. They definitely made it dynamic and iconic looking.

I haven't bought a DC Direct statue in over 10 years because of being disappointed with the final product-in my opinion, SSC, Hot Toys & even GG are far superior. However, I am really tempted to purchase this statue because I read this Graphic Novel @ least once a year-I remember being in college in '86 when this was released and how it changed everything, along with The Watchmen, for the modern mythology culture. Anyway, enough rambling....hoping anybody who owns one can give me a straight up answer if it is worth purchasing.

Ups sorry! Wrong thread! I thought you are asking about the Kotobukiya Joker vs Batman dio!

Last edited:
No problem csutkakoma! I've seen the Koto and think its very nice-love Supes & Bats in the Miller style, so wanna know if it's worth picking up.

This statue is unreal. Fits beautifully in a detolf and looks great at all angles. Never picked it up myself because I did not have the spare shelf, but trust that its quality.

I haven't bought a DC Direct statue in over 10 years because of being disappointed with the final product-in my opinion, SSC, Hot Toys & even GG are far superior. However, I am really tempted to purchase this statue because I read this Graphic Novel @ least once a year-I remember being in college in '86 when this was released and how it changed everything, along with The Watchmen, for the modern mythology culture. Anyway, enough rambling....hoping anybody who owns one can give me a straight up answer if it is worth purchasing.

I felt exactly the same way in regards to the story back then and read it multiple times...To me it is worth it for what it represents...as long as it comes to you not broken and paint has no issue it is...I love it because it really takes me back to one of the greatest comic book stories of All time...My jaw dropped when I first read it back in the day....it is an expensive piece...all this is IMHO of course

I felt exactly the same way in regards to the story back then and read it multiple times...To me it is worth it for what it represents...as long as it comes to you not broken and paint has no issue it is...I love it because it really takes me back to one of the greatest comic book stories of All time...My jaw dropped when I first read it back in the day....it is an expensive piece...all this is IMHO of course

This is exactly the reason I want to get it-story and Miller's art style always blew me away since he took over DareDevil in 1981-82 when I was a freshman in H.S. (time flies!). People on the outside just didn't get it-they thought Batman was still the silliness of the '60's TV camp (though that show has its own merits for what it is). Anyway, the funny thing is I thought the bottom of Superman's boots being white on the statue was due to laziness on DCC's part, but it is actually accurate to the art work in the novel-one of the panes during the battle shows the bottom of them and they are actually white!

This is exactly the reason I want to get it-story and Miller's art style always blew me away since he took over DareDevil in 1981-82 when I was a freshman in H.S. (time flies!). People on the outside just didn't get it-they thought Batman was still the silliness of the '60's TV camp (though that show has its own merits for what it is). Anyway, the funny thing is I thought the bottom of Superman's boots being white on the statue was due to laziness on DCC's part, but it is actually accurate to the art work in the novel-one of the panes during the battle shows the bottom of them and they are actually white!

I was this close to painting the bottoms too...LOL

Back