The lighted, acrylic cases from Maybangs, a quicky review.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ONEYE

Super Freak
Reaction score
The lighted, acrylic cases from Maybangs, a quicky review w/pictures.

I love the idea. The base is a shiny black gloss, lights are bright white. The large one I purchased can fit a 1:1 HCG Endobust. I think it could easily fit 2 – 3 Hot Toys 1:6 figures. Batteries or house power for the light power source. The back panel of the case top is a mirror. Only negatives, both the base and the acrylic case top are easily scratched and tough to clean, keep clean. Keeps the dust off the statues, bust or figures. Problem is when you turn the light on, especially at night, the clear case shows every single scratch, pit, blemish, fingerprint, speck of dust, hair, dog fir, you name it. Here are pictures during the day.
My recommendation is to build your shelves, enclose them with sliding glass, light the entire display case, and use glass shelves. More expensive, but easier to maintain than a shelve with lots of these kind of display cases.
Maybang1.jpg

Maybang2.jpg

Maybang3.jpg

It doesn't help when the case is packed with styrofoam that breaks up. Then there is the static effect.

Maybang4.jpg

Maybang5.jpg

Maybang6.jpg

I have a medium sized one that I bought from Sideshow... It behaves the same. Also the lights are just for flash because they don't light the figures at all.

It's not a bad idea. I think that maybe glass vice acrylic would have been a better way to go? I would have put 4 lights shining down in the top of the case, about an inch in from the corners. The mirror would hide the wire in the back. I put the Grendel Prime statue in it especially because it is dark. The lighting done this way doesn't do much for what is inside the case.

Back