Hot Toys Dog Alien yes or no?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hask

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hello all im new here just recently fell in love with 1/6 scale figures the thing that started it all was a youtube review on the dog alien and whilst i have i guess built up a fair collection of figures from other franchises i dont have the Dog Alien yet, can anyone give me some advice on is it worth spending what is now a large amount of money on this figure when they turn up? as on the grapevine i have heard bad things

Thanks

A fairly big issue, near as I can tell, is that the design is not that great, and the more one looks at it, the more one wants a standard "Alien" Alien, if that makes sense.

A fairly big issue, near as I can tell, is that the design is not that great, and the more one looks at it, the more one wants a standard "Alien" Alien, if that makes sense.

yes it does make sense lol, what about the rubber?

I bought mine when it was released and the rubber is fine, just the leg is a bhitch to get on straight out of the box and you risk rubbing the gloss off the leg as you struggle to get the leg popped into that small ball socket, great looking figure though just i think mine needs a bath in some Future soon.

I wouldn't pay $300 for this figure now and definitely not $700 or whatever you see it going for on Ebay lately...if you are hard up to own it, i would pay/offer no more then $200.

Yeah I just sold my dog alien, and to be honest I would not recommend him, especially not to a new collector. I know the dog alien gets a lot of hype, but I personally think the AVP-R warrior alien is the best high end alien figure to date. It has all of the awesome characteristics of the aliens warrior but with fewer defects, save the pesky ankle joints.

I bought mine when it was released and the rubber is fine, just the leg is a bhitch to get on straight out of the box and you risk rubbing the gloss off the leg as you struggle to get the leg popped into that small ball socket, great looking figure though just i think mine needs a bath in some Future soon.

I wouldn't pay $300 for this figure now and definitely not $700 or whatever you see it going for on Ebay lately...if you are hard up to own it, i would pay/offer no more then $200.

:goodpost:
I 100% agree with this post

Thanks guys its only the dog alien i want i have all the other types (except AVP which i hated) from various other toy companies the dog alien is my fave design and the only one i have liked is the Tusukuda which i had but got broke and now near impossible to find or the Hot toys, $300 is not such a bad price for me but would not pay £300

I agree the avp HT alien sucks balls but the avpr one is awesome. You pretty much never see it on eBay. I think that says a lot about the figure. No body really seems that hot to part with it.

If you love the design, get it. Just be careful when you are putting it together. The leg/arm will not go in smoothly, you HAVE to heat it, work it carefully.

I had one of these when it was originally released, I broke a joint putting it together. I fixed it, sort of, but always regretted not having a mint copy for display so I picked up a new unopened version this year. I love it, it's the only HT alien that is worth displaying IMO. The big chap pales next to the Medi, but this looks fantastic on display, anyone who looks at my set up always comments on my alien3.

So to repeat, if you love the design, like I do, get it. Just beware buying second hand, the rubber could be ****ed and the joints could be damaged. I would only buy new with this figure.

I love my Dog Alien. It is a great figure but don't spend more than $200.
IMG2128.jpg

IMG2132.jpg

IMG2130.jpg

IMG2135.jpg

Hot Toys Aliens were all crap. Avoid at all cost. You'll regret it if you buy one.

If you love the A3 design, then this figure really isn't for you...
It's not a very good representation of the original design.
And as a figure, it has some issues. The glossy look is lost pretty fast, it's got very loose ankles and the articulation isn't all that great, despite what one may think.
The Big Chap isn't much better IMHO.
My favorites remain the Avp and AvP-R figures.

If you love the A3 design, then this figure really isn't for you...
It's not a very good representation of the original design.
And as a figure, it has some issues. The glossy look is lost pretty fast, it's got very loose ankles and the articulation isn't all that great, despite what one may think.
The Big Chap isn't much better IMHO.
My favorites remain the Avp and AvP-R figures.

I think i would take any slightly inaccurate dog Alien over any AVP/AVP R design if im honest, the change in the Dog alien made sense having taken on its hosts characteristics, but the AVP ones should have been no different to the Giger design and thats why i dont like them, but good to know about the gloss etc

Well i finally got one at £140 so happy happy joy joy
Thanks everyone

Not bad at all. I got mine from Gohastings a few years back for like $75 on sale or something. Took it out and snapped the arm in half at the elbow when trying to put it on. Sucked :(

ouch i will be carefull

I got impatient....I tried to get it on for about 15 minutes with no luck....It was crazy how hard it was to get on. Now I read the tricks about using hot water or a hair dryer but by then it was to late.....be extemely careful, as this model is very fragile at the joints.

dont pay over 180 or else your getting ripped off ,if someone is asking over 200 they are pretty stupid just trying to make money it is cool just dont pay a high price good thing come to those who wait
8539234951_c4c0ae6b4d_b.jpg

Back