Help catching up with New 52?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monger

Super Freak
Reaction score
I want to get the issues up to the most recent releases so I can follow the Death in the Family arc within the Batman related series. Where would be the best place to buy all the past issues in bulk? The comic book stores near me only keep the most recent issue and perhaps one or two past so at this point grabbing the older ones from those stores isn't going to happen. I would also rather order somewhere that gives some kind of discount to bulk orders.

The Batman run of 1-12 The Court of Owls is going for $70-100 for the set so I would just try to pick up the HCs one of which is out already. Outside of that I don't think there really is too much you need to get. Batgirl 13&14 are good too.

^ What marker said, just finished it a few days ago, pretty good! [ame="https://www.amazon.com/Batman-Vol-The-Court-Owls/dp/1401235417/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354464040&sr=8-1&keywords=court+of+owls"]Amazon[/ame] has a good price.

This is the list that's been printed in the Batman comics lately that details the issues needed for the Death of the Family arc..

checklist.jpg

Don't think there is much before that is a must read to get into the Death arc.

I'm not reading any of them until I have the full set, then I'll read them back to back :)

Neil

I want to get the issues up to the most recent releases so I can follow the Death in the Family arc within the Batman related series. Where would be the best place to buy all the past issues in bulk? The comic book stores near me only keep the most recent issue and perhaps one or two past so at this point grabbing the older ones from those stores isn't going to happen. I would also rather order somewhere that gives some kind of discount to bulk orders.

Hmm...

Well, you can pick up the Death of the Family arc quite quickly,

- Detective Comics #1 (2011);
- Batman #013 (2012);
- Batman #014 (2012).

And you could choose to read cross-over titles:
- Batgirl #013 (2012);
- Catwoman #013 (2012);
- Batgirl #014 (2012);
- Suicide Squad #014 (2012);
- Catwoman #014 (2012);

Personally, I think the Batman run is unmissable. The cross-overs, not nearly as good and are not required to fully enjoy the Batman run.

The quickest and cheapest way to get these would probably be ComiXology for digital. Otherwise, I'd recommend eBay for individual issues.

Batman #0 - #12 is the "Court of Owls" arc and it is seriously good IMO.

I'd pick up Volume 1 in Hard Cover (collects issues #01 - #07) from bookdepository.com - should be delivered for about $15 bucks.

Volume 2 hasn't released yet... however, this particular arc is not necessary as a pre-requisite to "Death of the Family". I'd just read Detective Comics #01 (2011) before starting Batman #013 (2012). Then pick up Volume 2 of "Court of Owls" once it launches.

I hope this helps.

Agree with dontfedthmonkeys (awesome name by the way), the only books you need to get are batman 13 and 14. The other cross over titles are cool and expand th story a bit but you don't need them. Detective comics 1 would be a good idea too just to explain the whole joker face thing.

I'm hoping someone can help me...

I have "Batman Vol. 1 The court of Owls" (1401235417) and of course I want to continue reading the arc as it is released in hardcover.
I'm guessing that "Batman Vol. 2 The City of Owls" (1401237770 ) is the next book to read BUT what is "Batman Night of the Owls" (1401237738) and how does it fit in with the other two?

I see that "Batman Night of the Owls" is released before "Batman Vol. 2...". Should I pick this up as well?

Thanks!

I'm hoping someone can help me...

I have "Batman Vol. 1 The court of Owls" (1401235417) and of course I want to continue reading the arc as it is released in hardcover.
I'm guessing that "Batman Vol. 2 The City of Owls" (1401237770 ) is the next book to read BUT what is "Batman Night of the Owls" (1401237738) and how does it fit in with the other two?

I see that "Batman Night of the Owls" is released before "Batman Vol. 2...". Should I pick this up as well?

Thanks!

Night of the Owls is basically a huge crossover that spanned the entire Batman family of comics & featured each character having to deal with the Owls as they try to take out targets within Gotham.

Here's the Wiki Be warned it will contain spoilers...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_of_the_Owls

Can't see how that fits in before volume 2 though as most of the Batman issues relating to Night are also in the Volume 2.

The reading order is here...

https://www.comicvine.com/the-night-of-the-owls/39-56675/

I'm assuming if you buy the City GN then it will also have all the other issues in the arc (Nightwing / Red Hood / Batgirl etc.)
But the Batman Volume 2 will only feature the Batman issues 8-12 & Annual 1 as mentioned on the Amazon website.

HTH

Neil

Hmm...

Well, you can pick up the Death of the Family arc quite quickly,

- Detective Comics #1 (2011);
- Batman #013 (2012);
- Batman #014 (2012).

And you could choose to read cross-over titles:
- Batgirl #013 (2012);
- Catwoman #013 (2012);
- Batgirl #014 (2012);
- Suicide Squad #014 (2012);
- Catwoman #014 (2012);

Personally, I think the Batman run is unmissable. The cross-overs, not nearly as good and are not required to fully enjoy the Batman run.

The quickest and cheapest way to get these would probably be ComiXology for digital. Otherwise, I'd recommend eBay for individual issues.

Batman #0 - #12 is the "Court of Owls" arc and it is seriously good IMO.

I'd pick up Volume 1 in Hard Cover (collects issues #01 - #07) from bookdepository.com - should be delivered for about $15 bucks.

Volume 2 hasn't released yet... however, this particular arc is not necessary as a pre-requisite to "Death of the Family". I'd just read Detective Comics #01 (2011) before starting Batman #013 (2012). Then pick up Volume 2 of "Court of Owls" once it launches.

I hope this helps.

AGREED! Court of Owls was FANTASTIC! Also, I think there are a few more Detective Comic books that are prologue to the Death of the Family, if you are really trying to get the entire story in. This Snyder Batman run has been epic since #1! I would go for the set on ebay if you have the funds too. I see them not only being nice collector pieces, but also going up in value really quickly.

No probs. :hi5:

Every so often I venture into the printed word section but there doesn't seem to generally be much comic book discussions going on. I'm really surprised for a site like this.

Haha. yeah. It's a disappointment. I end up spending a fair whack of time over at the Collector-Society boards (as I collect slabs) and the CBR forums - both are pretty ace.

Back