Kindle Fire HD good for digital comics?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey so Christmas is coming up and I have been thinking about asking for a Kindle Fire HD. I hear the Comixology app is already installed when you receive it? I really don't know much about tablets so If anyone has any suggestions Im all ears. The reason I'm not going for the Ipad is because of the price. I'm looking for something in the 150-200 range. Thanks!

I don't own a Kindle but I did have an HP tablet for a short time when they were on sale and reading digital comics on it was the only thing I liked using it for.

If it has pinch and zoom capibilities then it should work fine.

I've only used the iPad but reading and storing comics via the ComiXolgy app is the best way to experience them! (IMHO)

Yeah I haven't ever used the comixology app. I have checked out their site just to see what they carry and its pretty much everything. I just need to start getting them digitally running out of room and figured this is probably the best way to go.

I bought the Kindle Fire HD (32gig) but wont be opening it till Christmas, so I am afraid I am no help. I have heard nothing but great things about it, though.

I bought the Kindle Fire HD (32gig) but wont be opening it till Christmas, so I am afraid I am no help. I have heard nothing but great things about it, though.

Yeah I've heard great things about them. My girlfriend has a nook color and loves it, but I think the kindle would be better for comics

What a mess with my order. It got 'lost' in the mail so they needed to replace the order. Then it got delayed and I figured it was due to low inventory on the kindle. I was frustrated so I contacted them and was told it was actually a bluray I had on order that was the delay. So they had to remove that from the order. They expedited both my Kindle (will be here Friday) and the bluray (delayed so dunno when). That was great and all, but I also had to contact them about the Ninja Turtle's bluray I had on order. I ordered it and it wasn't in stock, then it came in stock and my friend who ordered later than me received his, yada, yada. What a mess. They expedited that for me too. Can't say I'm not happy with the service, but still, headache!

What a mess with my order. It got 'lost' in the mail so they needed to replace the order. Then it got delayed and I figured it was due to low inventory on the kindle. I was frustrated so I contacted them and was told it was actually a bluray I had on order that was the delay. So they had to remove that from the order. They expedited both my Kindle (will be here Friday) and the bluray (delayed so dunno when). That was great and all, but I also had to contact them about the Ninja Turtle's bluray I had on order. I ordered it and it wasn't in stock, then it came in stock and my friend who ordered later than me received his, yada, yada. What a mess. They expedited that for me too. Can't say I'm not happy with the service, but still, headache!

That sucks! sorry to hear that. Sounds like a complete mess. I've been pretty lucky with Amazon and haven't had any trouble so far, but I tend to just order one thing at a time because I was always worried something like this would happen I dont know Im just weird like that :lol

That sucks! sorry to hear that. Sounds like a complete mess. I've been pretty lucky with Amazon and haven't had any trouble so far, but I tend to just order one thing at a time because I was always worried something like this would happen I dont know Im just weird like that :lol

If you do that before they ship they will proactively marry the items into one shipment (whenever they can) for you. Amazon is sneaky like that.

Damn those sneaky people! I forgot they combined orders like that. Luckily from what I have heard the customer service is pretty good at least compared to most companies.

My Kindle arrived and I had to try it out. Wow, what a beauty. Crisp colors and great features. So far I am 100% happy.

My Kindle arrived and I had to try it out. Wow, what a beauty. Crisp colors and great features. So far I am 100% happy.

Thank you! Have you possibly tried out the Comixology app? I'm really curious how the comics look on it. I'm sure beautiful

Thank you! Have you possibly tried out the Comixology app? I'm really curious how the comics look on it. I'm sure beautiful

Let me see what I can do but my gosh this thing displays some beautiful color. You should see hd movies on it. Wow.

Just downloaded it and got a free comic to try. If you don't love it, I wont understand why. Fast downloads, clear and beautiful picture. You wont be disappointed.

Just downloaded it and got a free comic to try. If you don't love it, I wont understand why. Fast downloads, clear and beautiful picture. You wont be disappointed.

Thank you for checking out the app for me! :hi5: I will probably get one now. I'm really excited I don't read a whole lot of novels, but I would love to be able to start reading comics again.

Thank you for checking out the app for me! :hi5: I will probably get one now. I'm really excited I don't read a whole lot of novels, but I would love to be able to start reading comics again.

Be sure to get the case for it. You will want it. Also the plug because it only comes with a usb and it is nice to plug it into the wall.

Back