Future of Disney lineup with Disney's recent acquisition of star wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr.marts

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all

I'am a disney collector which sadly has not much additions in 2012 besides Jess and the recent Captain Jack Sparrow P.F. So recently I heard of Disney's acquisition of star wars does this mean in the future star wars statues will fall under the disney line.

Also whats happening to the disney villains line is it dead with no news of the old hag P.F.

Just like to hear your thoughts about the future of the Disney lineup.

Sadly and based on the usual total lack of communication from SS, I pretty much assume the Disney PF line is dead, at least from an animated point of view. Which means I'm not going to get the ones I wanted most since the day it was announced.

As for star wars, I don't see that makign any difference, they will continue to pump out all of those, PF's, statues, etc, etc. Only difference that may happen is somewhere on the box, it will have (c) The Walt Disney Company.

It's Disney's fault the PFs don't do we'll! They should be selling them in the parks!

Now considering the licensing issues I'm sleeping easy at night knowing that SSC has been pumping out Disney and Marvel pieces and I don't see that ending now or with Star Wars!

It's Disney's fault the PFs don't do we'll! They should be selling them in the parks!

There's a LOT of things they should be selling in the parks or at the very least Downtown Disney. Many Disney fans don't even know about the majority of the high-end good collectibles out there and selling them in the parks would raise awareness.

I've spent a good bit of time talking to their merchandise dept in the past and showing them the very cool Medicom vinyl dolls that would sell so well in the parks. They looked at it and were impressed but were too lazy to get into it since it's an import or something like that. Not sure if they need a different license or something but it just seems idiotic not to try.

When I was at disney paris last month I longed to find something cool for me to take home but yeah it's just all kids toys and keyrings. They do sell swarovski crystal ornaments that cost hundreds of dollars so why not any high end PFs etc?

Especially because it's a "high end" collectible that doesn't break the bank. I'd love dozens of the paintings from the Art of Animation shops, but I'm not dropping $900 on one.

I wonder how the Big Figs sell (sold?) for them.

Back