PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Dollmanron
03-12-2014, 03:37 PM
Is it common to have that white line on his pants on his right thigh?

I've seen a few people with it and the first pair of pants I received today has it as well.

Are you talking about the seam? One of mine has some weathering painted across it and my other has the white weathering just to the left of the seam.

Bustajesse
03-12-2014, 05:47 PM
Are you talking about the seam? One of mine has some weathering painted across it and my other has the white weathering just to the left of the seam.

No not on the seam but on the actual pants. You can see it on the right thigh on this picture of P.'s. The diagonal white line.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/Tinkey-Vinkey/Terminator/HT%20Terminator%202/T-800/Semi%20BD/T2_arm_tearup_02_zps6cf76740.jpg~original

Seems like a manufacturing error.

Dollmanron
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I looked again and it's not as much as a white line but more of a crease.

a-dev
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
I can see that on all of mine to varying degrees...it is indeed a white line - looks to be a bit of weathering.

DEATHASYLUM
03-12-2014, 07:07 PM
A simple acrylic black wash on the white line got rid of mine. You can't even tell it was ever there. Just don't go heavy on the paint, or it will effect the material.

Bustajesse
03-13-2014, 04:20 PM
I can see that on all of mine to varying degrees...it is indeed a white line - looks to be a bit of weathering.

A simple acrylic black wash on the white line got rid of mine. You can't even tell it was ever there. Just don't go heavy on the paint, or it will effect the material.

Thanks for the replies guys. Seems pretty common then. I actually painted a black wash over the line before I saw your post DEATHASYLUM, all is good again. Just waiting for my complete DX13 to arrive from BBTS now (I got an extra body and clothes to make a second one, this figure is too nice to leave one of the heads in the box).

P.
03-13-2014, 04:31 PM
checked three standing figures, no one has that stripe.
didn't check the lying down figure.
today i'll get a sixth and check it too.
as for me, it doesn't bother me at all, as my plan is to put lots of grey/brown spots on BD clothes anyway, i just must defeat my laziness, which doesn't even fight back but simply overwhelms everything ))

DEATHASYLUM
03-13-2014, 05:33 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. Seems pretty common then. I actually painted a black wash over the line before I saw your post DEATHASYLUM, all is good again. Just waiting for my complete DX13 to arrive from BBTS now (I got an extra body and clothes to make a second one, this figure is too nice to leave one of the heads in the box).
Great :)

a-dev
03-13-2014, 06:07 PM
checked three standing figures, no one has that stripe.
didn't check the lying down figure.
today i'll get a sixth and check it too.
as for me, it doesn't bother me at all, as my plan is to put lots of grey/brown spots on BD clothes anyway, i just must defeat my laziness, which doesn't even fight back but simply overwhelms everything ))

How many full figures have you bought now? I bought 4. The rest parts. 6 figures total and my crawling T-800 isn't even an actual DX13 for the most part - just the head, jacket, right hand, left arm and bandolier.

I have some bits for a 7th and 8th but might not actually go so far as the 8th.

P.
03-13-2014, 07:03 PM
How many full figures have you bought now? I bought 4. The rest parts. 6 figures total and my crawling T-800 isn't even an actual DX13 for the most part - just the head, jacket, right hand, left arm and bandolier.

I have some bits for a 7th and 8th but might not actually go so far as the 8th.i bought only 3 complete figures, the rest are spare parts. i'll have 6 full variants and a plan for arm/head sticking out of lava, though i don't know how to do that.
normally i put 1 figure for 1 change of looks or accessories. i don't go for every memorable scene, because i just don't have enough space for that.
but this BD figure became an exclusion, as its looks don't change in 3 figures: a rod through the body, a final grenade shot, a goodbye scene (which i will assemble today). so the only thing they will differ is positioning, and unlike T1, T2 gives more different poses: a beaten terminator, a final attack terminator and a terminator chatting with humans about his chip.

so, as you're planning for 8 figures, you'll remain ahead of me with my 6 and a head )
also, if you bought 4 complete figures, it means 8 heads to find their places, so you will go for 8 variants eventually anyway ))) that's how it was for me - i have no spare parts now except for tons of grenades and palms. and M16s which aren't used on my figures at all, except for the SWAT variant which has it on its back inaccurately to the movie, just for a cool look.

what was your most absurd purchase of parts? for me it was a non-damaged grenade launcher to put it into a weapons bag (for the "arriving to cyberdyne" scene) where nobody even sees it )))
it sounds like a purchase for a DX10 figure, but it's not so, because it was already there but was taken out for the "scanning" scene of DX13.
purchasing several sets of MMS117 boots could be called absurd, too, but it's not, as figures made from parts needed some boots anyway, and of course they had to be MMS117, not DX13.

a-dev
03-13-2014, 08:06 PM
i bought only 3 complete figures, the rest are spare parts. i'll have 6 full variants and a plan for arm/head sticking out of lava, though i don't know how to do that.
normally i put 1 figure for 1 change of looks or accessories. i don't go for every memorable scene, because i just don't have enough space for that.
but this BD figure became an exclusion, as its looks don't change in 3 figures: a rod through the body, a final grenade shot, a goodbye scene (which i will assemble today). so the only thing they will differ is positioning, and unlike T1, T2 gives more different poses: a beaten terminator, a final attack terminator and a terminator chatting with humans about his chip.

so, as you're planning for 8 figures, you'll remain ahead of me with my 6 and a head )
also, if you bought 4 complete figures, it means 8 heads to find their places, so you will go for 8 variants eventually anyway ))) that's how it was for me - i have no spare parts now except for tons of grenades and palms. and M16s which aren't used on my figures at all, except for the SWAT variant which has it on its back inaccurately to the movie, just for a cool look.

what was your most absurd purchase of parts? for me it was a non-damaged grenade launcher to put it into a weapons bag (for the "arriving to cyberdyne" scene) where nobody even sees it )))
it sounds like a purchase for a DX10 figure, but it's not so, because it was already there but was taken out for the "scanning" scene of DX13.
purchasing several sets of MMS117 boots could be called absurd, too, but it's not, as figures made from parts needed some boots anyway, and of course they had to be MMS117, not DX13.

You know me well. You're right, having any spare parts, particularly headsculpts and bodies, increases the temptation to go and make another figure with them. I hope to avoid that though. There's few scenes now that I would do on top of what I have right now. I can think of only these:

-T-800 firing M16 through Tanker windshield (will never do unless I have a 1:6 truck)
-Arm stuck in gears (which I definitely want to do - would be DX13 figure number 7)
-Hasta La Vista
-T-800 and John holding Sarah up as they go through steel mill
-Full BD T-800 for either ''I know now why you cry..'' or actually being lowered into molten steel (I have a figure for one of these already, any extra figure would be for the other one)

So really of those possibilities I may choose one or the other of the last one, therefore not creating an extra figure. The only definite is the T-800 with arm stuck in gears. With or without a diorama I want to recreate that scene somehow. Obviously with a diorama would be most ideal.

As for insane parts purchases - nothing in particular I don't think, just the quantities I went for because of all the different bashes. I mean it isn't cheap is it. I've never kept track of what extra bits I've bought on ebay for fear of how much money I've spent. Replacing all the DX10 leathers and some of the DX13 jackets with MMS117 stuff would have been frighteningly expensive, considering its just clothes for action figures.

The other day I bought another Tech Noir jacket and 2 more black punk vests for future bashes. When I checked the amount in the currency converter I couldn't believe what I was thinking about forking out for tiny clothes. I went ahead with it :lol but I'm finding it harder and harder to justify - I had spent a few days thinking about it. Previously I would just blindly add to cart/confirm purchase/done.

P.
03-13-2014, 08:24 PM
When I checked the amount in the currency converter I couldn't believe what I was thinking about forking out for tiny clothes. I went ahead with it :lol but I'm finding it harder and harder to justify - I had spent a few days thinking about it. Previously I would just blindly add to cart/confirm purchase/done.oh that problem of 1/6 clothes. sometimes they cost like real ones! :gah:
i tried to get extra clothes "just in case" while they were cheap. and it always ended with getting extra bodies. infinite loop )))

a-dev
03-13-2014, 08:48 PM
Its so easy to click 'buy' when you're not physically handing over the cash amount and when no one can see you do it. If I went into a shop and saw these parts at the prices they are I would not spend the money.

Leon 911
03-14-2014, 10:38 AM
Its so easy to click 'buy' when you're not physically handing over the cash amount and when no one can see you do it. If I went into a shop and saw these parts at the prices they are I would not spend the money.

Totally agreed. My click rate decreased a bit this month as i and my wife have our own 1/4 scale baby doll which is 5 days old. So lot of money is going there and somehow these figures still seem so tempting.

a-dev
03-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Congrats Leon. I heard those are expensive but I'd like to get one or two someday.

stshammgod
03-14-2014, 11:02 AM
Congrats Leon. I heard those are expensive but I'd like to get one or two someday.

I have four.... :drink

a-dev
03-14-2014, 11:12 AM
Did you keep any of those MISB?

stshammgod
03-14-2014, 11:35 AM
Did you keep any of those MISB?

Nothing stays mint anymore... :panic:

Whiplasher
03-14-2014, 02:46 PM
my t-800 bd

DEATHASYLUM
03-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Nice set up :)

theshape6
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Is there a big difference between the clothing and boots for the MMS117, DX10 and DX13? I only own the DX13 and one day hopefully the DX10 and/or MMS117 just comes down to accessories really.

Having too much trouble with the DX13 in terms of posing, way too many choices so an extra body or two is inevitable :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a-dev
03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Much better weathering on the MMS117 clothes. The DX10 ones are actual leather but they look brand new (deep black and shiny), whereas in the film his clothes were oldish looking right from the start.

Personally I also prefer the tailoring on the MMS117 jacket. The collar just needs to be adjusted by way of inserting a paperclip underneath it and bending it around the figure's neck so as the arc of the collar is tightened and the front of the jacket is more closed. HT kinda realised this and altered the stitching of the DX10 jacket but unfortunately it only dealt with the front not being closed enough, it didn't improve the arc of the collar. So now if you try to fix the arc of the collar with a paperclip you virtually close the jacket on the front completely and that's not correct for the film. So I'd have preferred if HT just copied the MMS jacket straight up, at least that way you can fix both problems yourself quite easily.

I like the weathering on the DX13 clothes well enough but again am not fond of the jacket tailoring. Also for some reason the boots have little to no weathering at all - as such they are the worst ones. MMS117 boots for the win.

theshape6
03-14-2014, 07:16 PM
Truthfully I hadn't studied the differences between the three figures but massive thanks for the info! So if I'm looking for a clean T2 what's the best suggestion? Originally I just thought the DX10 but I realise that displaying it with the endo-arm isn't an option so I would need the MMS117 body instead but am I right in saying the elbow joints for that body suck?

a-dev
03-14-2014, 08:23 PM
Truthfully I hadn't studied the differences between the three figures but massive thanks for the info! So if I'm looking for a clean T2 what's the best suggestion? Originally I just thought the DX10 but I realise that displaying it with the endo-arm isn't an option so I would need the MMS117 body instead but am I right in saying the elbow joints for that body suck?

Well, for me, the best clean T-800 is a combination of things.

I think you'd be best buying a DX10. If you want to improve it you'd need to buy some extras - MMS117 leathers/boots/black T-shirt/rosebox.

To be honest, unless you plan to buy at least 2 figures, I'd forget about the endo-arm option. You could take the arms from an MMS body and transplant them onto a DX10 body thereby making the endo-arm compatible. But if you've only got one figure it would be a major hassle changing back to a human arm for, say, the Galleria or Cyberdyne and you'd also have lost those double-jointed elbows which are useful.

P.
03-14-2014, 11:26 PM
sixth terminator - last one, i hope!

- use yer brainz humanz

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w290/Tinkey-Vinkey/Terminator/HT%20Terminator%202/T-800/Full%20BD/one_more_chip_001_zps9cca2481.jpg~original

still futzing but you get the idea.

Leon 911
03-15-2014, 12:07 AM

Man trust me... Its an amazing feeling, but so overwhelming. My amazon has been going "order click" on every small thing. Its the diaper changing world for me now... But all worth it... Your time will come ... Until then buy as many of these dolls that you can ;)

Mr. EcKo
03-15-2014, 05:58 AM
Got my replacement body from sideshow . Now i need a head , pants , & jacket :gah:

theshape6
03-15-2014, 06:41 AM
Well, for me, the best clean T-800 is a combination of things.

I think you'd be best buying a DX10. If you want to improve it you'd need to buy some extras - MMS117 leathers/boots/black T-shirt/rosebox.

To be honest, unless you plan to buy at least 2 figures, I'd forget about the endo-arm option. You could take the arms from an MMS body and transplant them onto a DX10 body thereby making the endo-arm compatible. But if you've only got one figure it would be a major hassle changing back to a human arm for, say, the Galleria or Cyberdyne and you'd also have lost those double-jointed elbows which are useful.

Yeah I was thinking of just missing the whole endo-arm option despite how memorable that scene is to me, my plan is to have 4 figures really representing T1 and T2 (clean and battle damaged) personally I'm not a big fan if the bodies used for the MMS117 and 136 purely because they lack that double jointed elbow. I know that I just have the one clean figure ill end up complaining to myself that I can't decided between galleria or cyberdyne just as I'm doing with the DX13, how easy is it switching the body parts? It's something I've never tried doing before to be honest

optimus
03-15-2014, 08:30 AM
http://web.comhem.se/~u41123984/hottoys_t800/IMG_0205.JPG

http://web.comhem.se/~u41123984/hottoys_t800/IMG_0210.JPG

http://web.comhem.se/~u41123984/hottoys_t800/IMG_0218.JPG

http://web.comhem.se/~u41123984/hottoys_t800/IMG_0239.JPG

http://web.comhem.se/~u41123984/hottoys_t800/IMG_0234.JPG

The Skull
03-15-2014, 08:42 AM
Beautiful photos optimus:clap:clap

Invictus Sol
03-15-2014, 08:56 AM
Yeah I was thinking of just missing the whole endo-arm option despite how memorable that scene is to me, my plan is to have 4 figures really representing T1 and T2 (clean and battle damaged) personally I'm not a big fan if the bodies used for the MMS117 and 136 purely because they lack that double jointed elbow. I know that I just have the one clean figure ill end up complaining to myself that I can't decided between galleria or cyberdyne just as I'm doing with the DX13, how easy is it switching the body parts? It's something I've never tried doing before to be honest.
Seems a lot of people have broken their elbow joints switching between the regular forearm and the battle-damaged one on the DX-13 (always heat the joint with a hairdryer before switching it out). It's part of what made up my mind to just have both looks on display simultaneously (though I'm using a combination of DX-10/13 for the Cyberdyne version). Once I have my battle-damaged forearm on, it's never coming off.

optimus
03-15-2014, 09:00 AM

Thanks pal. New lens(es) and new camera :yess:

theshape6
03-15-2014, 09:21 AM
Seems a lot of people have broken their elbow joints switching between the regular forearm and the battle-damaged one on the DX-13 (always heat the joint with a hairdryer before switching it out). It's part of what made up my mind to just have both looks on display simultaneously (though I'm using a combination of DX-10/13 for the Cyberdyne version). Once I have my battle-damaged forearm on, it's never coming off.

I put the battle damaged forearm on my DX13 and refuse to take it off purely because I don't want to breaking, I haven't tried heating it yet however, and I'm scared to switch the forearm on my MMS136 too (not that I'm planning in displaying it with the surgery arm I just wanted to see it in action for once)

theshape6
03-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Sorry by switching the body parts I meant taking apart figures to add to others, seen people doing it with the DX10 and 13 by switching the legs arounds for the cyberdyne SWAT attack

Sidious-66
03-15-2014, 01:23 PM
Reposed both these guys today -

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF1960_zps58790b37.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF1960_zps58790b37.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF1958_zpsb5b44e43.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF1958_zpsb5b44e43.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF1953_zps9e2bd357.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF1953_zps9e2bd357.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF1952_zps6f9b58e2.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF1952_zps6f9b58e2.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF1951_zps8e296e04.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF1951_zps8e296e04.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF1950_zps07b85b6b.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF1950_zps07b85b6b.jpg.html)

shells075
03-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Nice one, I like the Leatherface fig in the D.

Jokes & Bats
03-15-2014, 01:32 PM

Even my eyes can't see in this level of detail.

Sidious-66
03-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Nice one, I like the Leatherface fig in the D.

Thanks mate.

I have more pics of Leatherface over in the Horror Section.

BadMuthaDude
03-15-2014, 03:35 PM
Great pics, guys. I can't get enough of this figure.

LeoNatan
03-15-2014, 07:21 PM
Guys, is your DX13's head and body skin tone darker than the DX10? My Arnold has had quite the tan between Cyberdyne and the mill. :lol

Avenger
03-15-2014, 07:50 PM
I'm debating on whether or not to try to do anything about the oily glue that seeps out from behind the soft black/gray material on the inside of the head's chin. Does anyone think leaving it as is, with a little bit of that stuff contacting the figure neck, will ever cause any discoloration or other damage? I understand OMG recommended using lighter fluid to remove the oily glue and putting modling tape over the soft material, but that seems like a bit of a risk too.

Silasya77
03-15-2014, 08:54 PM
I'm debating on whether or not to try to do anything about the oily glue that seeps out from behind the soft black/gray material on the inside of the head's chin. Does anyone think leaving it as is, with a little bit of that stuff contacting the figure neck, will ever cause any discoloration or other damage? I understand OMG recommended using lighter fluid to remove the oily glue and putting modling tape over the soft material, but that seems like a bit of a risk too.

I pulled the whole spongey thing off from my dx10s head. Haven't found it necessary for my dx13 yet tho as it hasn't started to leak. Yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

optimus
03-16-2014, 02:30 AM
Even my eyes can't see in this level of detail.

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with my new macro-lens :wink1:

P.
03-16-2014, 03:54 AM
Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with my new macro-lens :wink1:and are you pleased with a finger that is supposed to be chrome but looks like something else?

Kosika
03-16-2014, 03:57 AM

: Clap: Clap x100000, good pics!

stshammgod
03-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Are these heads designed to work with the ttm-20?

a-dev
03-16-2014, 05:21 PM
No. Hysterically, that massive TTM20 neck is too small for the DX13 sculpts.

P.
03-16-2014, 06:25 PM
It also looks like you used a different hand holding the pistol, although I can't say for sure.two days ago i went through all remaining hands, and i found out that i don't have a needed hand! the one that i use for full BD grenade launcher holding and full BD skull scratching poses.
that's why i couldn't find a correct hand for a pistol - i must have lost it )

No. Hysterically, that massive TTM20 neck is too small for the DX13 sculpts.HT T-800 neck prepares to morph into something, like on T-1000 )))

BadMuthaDude
03-16-2014, 08:13 PM
I just noticed a button is missing on the jacket lapel. It wasn't there the last time I took pics so it's probably long gone now:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/4A6EF2AF-9B4C-4B4B-877E-3159BE15C44A_zps6ee58e91.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/mmcollectors/media/Terminator/4A6EF2AF-9B4C-4B4B-877E-3159BE15C44A_zps6ee58e91.jpg.html)

Can these things be found in craft stores?

DEATHASYLUM
03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
At least it's the BD jacket missing the button and not your clean one. Still a bummer though.

a-dev
03-16-2014, 08:33 PM
Take one off the back of the jacket if you can't otherwise replace it.

BadMuthaDude
03-17-2014, 06:06 AM
Looking for deals on eBay. I don't like having a piece missing from my set, even if it's just a tiny button.

LeoNatan
03-17-2014, 10:28 AM
Hot toys should be providing extras of their buttons...

Anyway,

Guys, is your DX13's head and body skin tone darker than the DX10? My Arnold has had quite the tan between Cyberdyne and the mill. :lol

??

Royce12
03-18-2014, 03:13 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/tu8anuga.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/7esyte6y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/quny4a9a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/19/gu5apure.jpg

shells075
03-18-2014, 03:20 PM
^^ Nice work, looks good with the Bruce Lee backdrop.

Royce12
03-18-2014, 03:33 PM
Thanks. I would not normally use such a straight up and down pose but it works with him because he is a robot.

dragontron
03-18-2014, 06:57 PM

Please forgive the cell pic quality. I bought one, and then a spare clothed body, accessories and stand. I enjoy both sculpts very much.

Leon 911
03-18-2014, 07:50 PM

Please forgive the cell pic quality. I bought one, and then a spare clothed body, accessories and stand. I enjoy both sculpts very much.

Hey bro... Drink that soda and get that darn can off from there...

koolkollectibleskhai
03-19-2014, 03:48 AM
I just noticed a button is missing on the jacket lapel. It wasn't there the last time I took pics so it's probably long gone now:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/4A6EF2AF-9B4C-4B4B-877E-3159BE15C44A_zps6ee58e91.jpg (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/mmcollectors/media/Terminator/4A6EF2AF-9B4C-4B4B-877E-3159BE15C44A_zps6ee58e91.jpg.html)

Can these things be found in craft stores?

Gaahhhh!! I just checked my BD jacket and it's missing the exact same silver button! I can even see the shiny black circle where the glue was to stick it on! I also looked back at the pics I took when I unboxed and it was missing then too, so I missed it during my initial inspection! Gaahhhh!!!!

P.
03-19-2014, 04:00 AM
that's why i purchased an extra jacket as they still can be found for around $10 )

a-dev
03-19-2014, 07:43 AM
There's certainly no shortage of DX13 jackets out there. I wish the MMS117 and T-1000 clothes were still so plentiful.

P.
03-19-2014, 08:00 AM
one extra jacket can be used as lots of backup buttons, plus left sleeve for arm damage scene, plus right sleeve for final smim scene ))
though i miscounted and had two extra jackets in the end.

shells075
03-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Yes, once a HT fig has been out for some time, the spare parts gradually dry up. I was finding it harder to find T1 Arnie Boots, pants etc. but HT are now releasing the BD T1 so I will just wait for that guy to be released.

BadMuthaDude
03-19-2014, 12:26 PM
I got a full bd jacket off eBay for about $12. The semi bd jackets seem to go at $20+.

DEATHASYLUM
03-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Nice, now you have extra buttons incase it happens again.

David
03-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Just got mine today, better late than never, right?
I don't have many but the DX13 is easily my best Hot Toys figure so far. Overall, incredible figure with a lot of accessories inside. Definitely a great improvement over the DX10.

I love the semi-BD headsculpt over the battle damaged head. To be honest, I don't like the full battle damaged head (probably because of the Enterbay) so it will stay in the box which means no need for another DX13 (unless great deal).

Here are some quick pics I wanted to share :

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2806/13298833284_d14758cd28_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/)

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/13298611613_3b5153835e_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/)

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3807/13298835024_a9c2d74d8c_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/)

a-dev
03-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Wow, to be honest I think most people exaggerate that pose, and I think the above is no exception, nevertheless those are well futzed and well taken shots. Had to save them. Looks beautiful.

skizzoid
03-20-2014, 07:22 PM
I just joined the DX13 owners club today too! And of course, that's the same pose I'm using, though it doesn't look nearly as nice as in your pictures. Actually, I wanted to use the full battle-damaged head on there (screw movie accuracy), but the magnets for the back panel decided to come unglued, so that head's staying in the box until I pick up some glue.

I'm already worried about silver jacket buttons falling off (one's barely holding on), but it's a very nice figure so far. I just need to clear up some space for a dedicated display area. Here's hoping this doesn't spur a Hot Toys buying spree to fill out a display (though I can totally see how it could).

Gipetto0812
03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Just got mine today, better late than never, right?

I just joined the DX13 owners club today too!

Haha I just got mine today too! :rock

Had mine on Lay-away at the one local comic shop that sells Hot Toys and finally paid it off today. got mine in full BD mode right now since my DX10 is in Cyberdyne mode. Will change it up once I finish my custom cut away endo arm

The Skull
03-20-2014, 08:49 PM
Those are some beautiful shots David, you really captured that scene in a very cinamatic fashion!!!

DEATHASYLUM
03-20-2014, 09:10 PM
Congrats to everyone that got their DX13 ARNIE today :clap Very nice pics :hi5:

David
03-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Wow, to be honest I think most people exaggerate that pose, and I think the above is no exception, nevertheless those are well futzed and well taken shots. Had to save them. Looks beautiful.

Cheers A-dev. Love this pose because the T-1000 freaked me out the first time I watched it. So much tense in this short sequence. :lol

I'm still on the fence about the final pose. I want to display the fig with the T-1000 statue but I'm scared it will leave paint marks on the jacket because of the heat etc. :monkey4

I just joined the DX13 owners club today too! And of course, that's the same pose I'm using, though it doesn't look nearly as nice as in your pictures. Actually, I wanted to use the full battle-damaged head on there (screw movie accuracy), but the magnets for the back panel decided to come unglued, so that head's staying in the box until I pick up some glue.

I'm already worried about silver jacket buttons falling off (one's barely holding on), but it's a very nice figure so far. I just need to clear up some space for a dedicated display area. Here's hoping this doesn't spur a Hot Toys buying spree to fill out a display (though I can totally see how it could).

Congrats! :clap
One button is missing on mine as well. I'm trying to buy a spare jacket at the moment. I also bought a cheap T-1000 statue so I can handle it without fearing scratches. :)

Haha I just got mine today too! :rock

Had mine on Lay-away at the one local comic shop that sells Hot Toys and finally paid it off today. got mine in full BD mode right now since my DX10 is in Cyberdyne mode. Will change it up once I finish my custom cut away endo arm

Congrats too! :D

Those are some beautiful shots David, you really captured that scene in a very cinamatic fashion!!!

Thanks The Skull!

Congrats to everyone that got their DX13 ARNIE today :clap Very nice pics :hi5:

Thanks!

Some more:

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/13310971514_a5a1c0c81f_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310971514/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310971514/) by David.T Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

"Hasta La Vista, Baby."

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3695/13310976994_bbc240d4e2_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310976994/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310976994/) by David.T Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7238/13310979934_49ffe4357b_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310979934/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310979934/) by David.T Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7253/13310982264_0da79ab068_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310982264/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310982264/) by David.T Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3685/13310984724_c0eb9735a5_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310984724/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310984724/) by David.T Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3770/13310974214_2e7d9f90c8_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310974214/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310974214/) by David.T Photography (http://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

DEATHASYLUM
03-21-2014, 09:34 AM
Fantastic stuff right there :clap

P.
03-21-2014, 05:27 PM
wow, David you know how to make a photo! :clap

skizzoid
03-21-2014, 08:55 PM
"Hasta La Vista, Baby."
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3695/13310976994_bbc240d4e2_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13310976994/)

That's some awesome lighting in that photo! It honestly looked like a screenshot from the movie.

And thanks for the welcome, everyone! It's cool (and funny) that a few of us all got one on the same day.

Sidious-66
03-22-2014, 08:12 AM
A big well done to all that got their DX13 figure over these last few days. :clap

Also those are splendid pictures David. You know you did well when T2 egghead a-dev saves the pictures. :lecture :lol

a-dev
03-22-2014, 08:13 AM
''Join us again next time to see if our next challengers have what it takes to beat the eggheads. 1000pound says they dont''

Jokes & Bats
03-22-2014, 08:26 AM
''Join us again next time to see if our next challengers have what it takes to beat the eggheads. 1000pound says they dont''

I want to smash CJ in face! And Daphney!!!!!

a-dev
03-22-2014, 08:28 AM
:lol :lol :lol

What about Chris and his over-elaborate 'this is how clever I am' answers.

Sidious-66
03-22-2014, 08:31 AM

:lol

Tell me this a-dev, I have had numerous people tell me that if they were ever on 'Who Wants to be Millionaire' and they were on a high number and a footie question came up then I would be the person they would phone, so same scenario to yourself buddy, your best mate is going for the million bucks and he has a 'phone a friend' lifeline left and the question is T2 related so he naturally phones you with a smile on his face and the questions hits you.....would you blow it?

a-dev
03-22-2014, 08:35 AM
:lol

Tell me this a-dev, I have had numerous people tell me that if they were ever on 'Who Wants to be Millionaire' and they were on a high number and a footie question came up then I would be the person they would phone, so same scenario to yourself buddy, your best mate is going for the million bucks and he has a 'phone a friend' lifeline left and the question is T2 related so he naturally phones you with a smile on his face and the questions hits you.....would you blow it?

My god imagine if I did. I don't know everything about Terminator, probably far from it. But if that situation arose I'd be most confident out of all possible topics that I could answer a Terminator or Star Wars question correctly. My knowledge elsewhere is appalling, I better be able to answer a question about those.

Sidious-66
03-22-2014, 08:40 AM
My god imagine if I did. I don't know everything about Terminator, probably far from it. But if that situation arose I'd be most confident out of all possible topics that I could answer a Terminator or Star Wars question correctly. My knowledge elsewhere is appalling, I better be able to answer a question about those.

Yeah the confidence is always there but I could see myself mumbling and stumbling to get the answer out on TV. And also it is a pity you only get 30 seconds to answer as if you had any more time then you could negotiate a 'fee' for supplying the answer.

gypsycatcha
03-22-2014, 09:27 AM
Heres mine. Awesome figure :)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/gypsycatcha/20140322_162356_zpsye1wnudu.jpg (http://s667.photobucket.com/user/gypsycatcha/media/20140322_162356_zpsye1wnudu.jpg.html)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/gypsycatcha/20140322_162500_zpsaijc7ejh.jpg (http://s667.photobucket.com/user/gypsycatcha/media/20140322_162500_zpsaijc7ejh.jpg.html)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/gypsycatcha/20140322_162533_zpsj1cp1t6s.jpg (http://s667.photobucket.com/user/gypsycatcha/media/20140322_162533_zpsj1cp1t6s.jpg.html)

Gage
03-22-2014, 12:11 PM
Looks dope with fritz up hair.

DEATHASYLUM
03-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Nice work on the rooted hair :)

Bustajesse
03-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Finally got mine from BBTS the other day! I absolutely love this figure. One of my favorites in my collection.

DEATHASYLUM
03-22-2014, 05:59 PM
Congrats :)

P.
03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Heres mine. Awesome figure :)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/gypsycatcha/20140322_162356_zpsye1wnudu.jpg (http://s667.photobucket.com/user/gypsycatcha/media/20140322_162356_zpsye1wnudu.jpg.html)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/gypsycatcha/20140322_162500_zpsaijc7ejh.jpg (http://s667.photobucket.com/user/gypsycatcha/media/20140322_162500_zpsaijc7ejh.jpg.html)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv39/gypsycatcha/20140322_162533_zpsj1cp1t6s.jpg (http://s667.photobucket.com/user/gypsycatcha/media/20140322_162533_zpsj1cp1t6s.jpg.html)looks so much better :clap

Mr. EcKo
03-22-2014, 06:12 PM
I think if you cleaned up the hairline a bit so you can't see all the dried glue that would look a lot better. I'm not feeling it I'm sorry

a-dev
03-22-2014, 06:29 PM
I think if you cleaned up the hairline a bit so you can't see all the dried glue that would look a lot better. I'm not feeling it I'm sorry

I'm going to agree with you on this. Real hair, I don't think it suits Arnie figure's, it never seems to nail the hairstyle, even the guy who did it on the Enterbay figure.

If only HT could sculpt his damn hair without making it look like an afro (DX10/13) or a total flat-top (MMS117). I don't see why they can't, NECA did it and EB did it on attempt number 2.

Mr. EcKo
03-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I'm going to agree with you on this. Real hair, I don't think it suits Arnie figure's, it never seems to nail the hairstyle, even the guy who did it on the Enterbay figure.

If only HT could sculpt his damn hair without making it look like an afro (DX10/13) or a total flat-top (MMS117). I don't see why they can't, NECA did it and EB did it on attempt number 2.

http://i.imgur.com/XT1OFZQ.jpg

DEATHASYLUM
03-22-2014, 08:10 PM

Something to look forward too on HT next attempt :lol

mosaicsquare
03-22-2014, 11:30 PM
Is there a reason why people have their grenades pointed downwards on the bandolier? I always thought They were pointed upwards..

Mr. EcKo
03-22-2014, 11:41 PM
Pointing down is not movie accurate. Up is correct

gypsycatcha
03-23-2014, 02:02 AM

To be honest the camera is picking it up way more than it actually is.
Thats cool. I think adding real hair will not always be for everyone but for me, I think it looks much better.
Im not really a fan of sculpted hair but thats just me :)

gypsycatcha
03-23-2014, 02:08 AM

The thing I like with real hair and especially on this is you can change the direction or spike a bit up which for me personally give a more realistic natural look.
Like I say its down to personal preference really and whatever floats your boat.

P.
03-23-2014, 03:31 AM
Is there a reason why people have their grenades pointed downwards on the bandolier? I always thought They were pointed upwards..
Pointing down is not movie accurate. Up is correcthaving grenades pointed any way on DX13 is not movie accurate. at all. :rotfl

Mr. EcKo
03-23-2014, 05:23 AM
Actually the t800 still has grenades when he has the shootout with the swat team and steals their van. Up until the steel mill, he has them

P.
03-23-2014, 06:32 AM
Up until the steel mill, he has themDX13 is a "steel mill" figure with his torn knee.

David
03-23-2014, 11:01 AM
Fantastic stuff right there :clap

wow, David you know how to make a photo! :clap

That's some awesome lighting in that photo! It honestly looked like a screenshot from the movie.

And thanks for the welcome, everyone! It's cool (and funny) that a few of us all got one on the same day.

A big well done to all that got their DX13 figure over these last few days. :clap

Also those are splendid pictures David. You know you did well when T2 egghead a-dev saves the pictures. :lecture :lol

Thanks guys, much appreciated. :)

Sidious: Yeah that's what I figured it out. :lol: P.'s feedback means a lot too. :lecture

theshape6
03-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Can't stop playing around with the pose I have this guy in (mainly because I can't find something I'm completely satisfied with) would love to keep the stage 5 headsculpt on but I can't really find an upright pose worth keeping him in that's screen accurate, so I've kept him with the stage 4 headsculpt on and posed him with the battle damaged arm using the pole to kept himself upright but it just feels a bit boring http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/y3eha4as.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/nu6u7e5a.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/8uje7yda.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/uhuzy2ys.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/26/ypu7amum.jpg

mosaicsquare
03-27-2014, 06:34 AM
Thanks for the clarification, in regards to grenades pointing. I don't have any grenades on my dx13 but it just irks me a bit whenever I see people displaying either dx10 or dx13 with them pointed down because I always remembered it being pointed up lol... my ocd.

P.
03-27-2014, 06:45 AM
there was a discussion about it in DX10 thread.
somebody demonstrated that normally they really should be pointed down, though T-800 put them up for unknown reason.

LeoNatan
03-27-2014, 10:42 AM
T-800 put them up for unknown reason.
Because Arnold.

maru81
03-27-2014, 07:06 PM
Some pictures of Ahnoold. This figure is what got me into Hot Toys.

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140212_214312_zps274aa26f.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140212_214312_zps274aa26f.jpg.html)

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140327_200330_zps30a48b7b.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140327_200330_zps30a48b7b.jpg.html)

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140327_200302_zps922ac364.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140327_200302_zps922ac364.jpg.html)

With his evil twin.
http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140327_200004_zps76dccbd3.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140327_200004_zps76dccbd3.jpg.html)

First time posting a pic on this forum, hopefully you guys can see it :pray:

DEATHASYLUM
03-27-2014, 07:18 PM

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140212_214312_zps274aa26f.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140212_214312_zps274aa26f.jpg.html)

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140327_200330_zps30a48b7b.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140327_200330_zps30a48b7b.jpg.html)

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140327_200302_zps922ac364.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140327_200302_zps922ac364.jpg.html)

With his evil twin.
http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140327_200004_zps76dccbd3.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140327_200004_zps76dccbd3.jpg.html)

Good job man and welcome aboard. You have two of the best figures by HT right there :clap

maru81
03-27-2014, 07:29 PM
Thanks.

They sure are amazing.

DEATHASYLUM
03-27-2014, 07:31 PM
Thanks.

They sure are amazing.

You got that right. My first HT figure was the T2 MMS-117 & I still love that figure today.

maru81
03-27-2014, 07:50 PM
You got that right. My first HT figure was the T2 MMS-117 & I still love that figure today.

I missed out on all the old goodies.....hopefully they will re-release the clean T-800 and T-1000.

K1NG J0RDAN
03-28-2014, 12:18 AM
I pre-ordered the T1 T-800, but after watching videos for the T2 model, I want that one too! Can't get him for a while though.

Mana
03-28-2014, 02:21 AM

Nice pictures there mate! :clap

BadMuthaDude
03-28-2014, 09:40 AM

This one captures the awesome so well!

Darth Fok
03-28-2014, 09:56 AM
I tried to hold off on this guy, but I'm weak. Ordered him and he's on his way.......can't wait!

DEATHASYLUM
03-28-2014, 10:18 AM
I tried to hold off on this guy, but I'm weak. Ordered him and he's on his way.......can't wait!

Very wise decision :lecture

TheFiend
03-28-2014, 10:22 AM

Nice one , man. Welcome to the forum. :)

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

maru81
03-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Thanks guys for appreciating my crappy phone pics :thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

magmax
03-29-2014, 01:31 AM
hello all,

could someone please try something for me? Could someone try to fit a DX13 head on a mms117 body and if possible take a pic?

The reason behind this is I am building a custom Dutch using a modded semi battle damaged DX13 head and currently using a DX10 body. It has worked out well and I will post a pic later but I am not sure I can live with the joints on the elbow of the DX10 body.

Sorry another favour :) if someone has the DX10 and mms117 could they tell me if there is much of a colour different between the two bodies I know the DX10 is quite pink and most other figures have a tanned/yellowish tint to them.

thanks again

Mr. EcKo
03-29-2014, 04:38 AM
in order to put a DX 10 head or DX 13 head on different body (mms117) , you need to do my Dx13 head mod. Heres my video tutorial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzdmh007uHY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Rambler
03-29-2014, 06:39 AM
Thanks for posting that Ecko!

Mr. EcKo
03-29-2014, 06:50 AM
No problemo :wave

magmax
03-29-2014, 09:42 AM
Thank you I'll give it a watch
What about the colour difference between the mms117 and dx10 body is there much?

David
03-29-2014, 11:42 AM
Such an awesome figure...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3766/13492525985_fc3830736c_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13492525985/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13492525985/) by David.T Photography (https://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

DEATHASYLUM
03-29-2014, 12:15 PM
:horror Such an awesome picture of the figure :panic:

magmax
03-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Here's a quick pic of my modded semi battle damaged Dx13 head on the Dx10 body which I am using for my DX15 dutch :)

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/magmax02/photo_zps880b2e3a.jpg

Mr. EcKo
03-29-2014, 06:39 PM
looks pretty damn good . Do you have any clearer photos?

TheFiend
03-29-2014, 06:48 PM
^ Yeah. I'd love to see some clearer pics if possible.

P.
03-29-2014, 06:53 PM
Such an awesome figure...

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3766/13492525985_fc3830736c_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13492525985/)
Hot Toys 1/6 DX13 - T-800 Battle Damaged - Terminator 2 : Judgment Day (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13492525985/) by David.T Photography (https://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr:clap
post it together with the original photo please )

a-dev
03-29-2014, 07:13 PM
:clap

Indeed, I'm pretty sure I know the original pic that one was based on.

David
03-30-2014, 06:19 AM
:horror Such an awesome picture of the figure :panic:

Thanks DEATHASYLUM!

:clap

Indeed, I'm pretty sure I know the original pic that one was based on.

Yep, I use this pic (http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/1280x1024/2011/04/Terminator-Columbia.jpg) as a backdrop for the shooting (I didn't add it with Photoshop).

Here is the two together :

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/13510114265_5b4d86e62b_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13510114265/)
David.T Photography (https://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

It can't be perfect but I tried to be as close as possible.

P.
03-30-2014, 07:00 AM
that's just perfect )
though the eyes look in wrong direction.
i'm still afraid DX13 was the closest figure to actual Arnold they managed and will manage to make, seeing how terribly off the MMS238 is.

BadMuthaDude
03-30-2014, 07:27 AM
That is a great pic, David.

Darth Fok
03-31-2014, 12:55 AM
I need your help. I've ordered this and it's on the way. I'm also bidding for another body. The other body has no boots. If I get another pair of boots, do they require feet? Or do the boots fit directly onto the legs?

P.
03-31-2014, 01:51 AM
If I get another pair of boots, do they require feet?no they don't.
just pegs. like it was with MMS117, MMS136 and DX10.
just be sure to buy MMS117 or DX10 boots, as DX13 boots have no weathering at all and look shiny and ugly.
but paint is the only difference, so if you're a painter or don't give a ****, get any HT T2 boots you find.

Darth Fok
03-31-2014, 07:12 AM
no they don't.
just pegs. like it was with MMS117, MMS136 and DX10.
just be sure to buy MMS117 or DX10 boots, as DX13 boots have no weathering at all and look shiny and ugly.
but paint is the only difference, so if you're a painter or don't give a ****, get any HT T2 boots you find.

Thanks it's good to know that the dx10 boots will also fit. I plan to buy the dx13 boots. With the other body I can make use of the damage head.

magmax
03-31-2014, 09:59 AM
hello,
here's a quick picture of the modded Dx13 head as dutch using a better camera

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/magmax02/IMG_2257change_zpsc20cd3c4.jpg

maru81
03-31-2014, 06:57 PM
Nice mod :clap. I gotta rewatch Predator someday

ebor
04-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Awesome April Fools Day text product announcement from Sideshow today! :yess: Sorry I don't have the link.

DEATHASYLUM
04-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Awesome April Fools Day text product announcement from Sideshow today! :yess: Sorry I don't have the link.

https://ci4.googleusercontent.com/proxy/GvGCd8mzasH7RoVO-MWhdpXOBQoWTEwbMHQnhuSVUZKfD5nkTwi-oC8Hfqx3289zDlhI8qM12DjZKvPeEDjPfKoPSIGLeg_jhIk5lI L5K2E_cw7eRBlOUQ=s0-d-e1-ft#http://www.sideshowtoy.com/emailimages/TM_AprilFools_040114_01.jpg

Kosika
04-01-2014, 02:05 PM
http://i.minus.com/j45pcWSeFTal0.png (http://minus.com/i/45pcWSeFTal0)

Ironman69
04-01-2014, 06:02 PM

My newest addition

Mr. EcKo
04-02-2014, 06:16 AM
Great photos guys . and congrats :wave

Rambler
04-02-2014, 11:34 AM
That Dutch looks great magmax!! :clap

Kosika
04-03-2014, 09:02 AM
Final Scene

http://i.minus.com/jQaeyVtaLjZEx.jpg (http://minus.com/i/QaeyVtaLjZEx)

Rzeznikk
04-04-2014, 07:03 AM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1525507_10152310076689663_1161815866_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/l/t1.0-9/10155531_10152310078179663_1697692829_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/1932460_10152310078199663_1463808277_n.jpg

Megacolor
04-04-2014, 07:09 AM
Best Hot Toys figure to date!! Hands down!!!

theshape6
04-04-2014, 05:13 PM
https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1525507_10152310076689663_1161815866_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/l/t1.0-9/10155531_10152310078179663_1697692829_n.jpg

https://scontent-b-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/1932460_10152310078199663_1463808277_n.jpg

Beautiful pictures! Recently switched the pose on my DX to this to, took me a while getting the left arm to hold the grenade launcher straighter, I really wanted to pose this guy with the battle damaged arm but found every pose to be some what boring :/ however is definitely didn't take away from the beauty of this piece that's for sure

P.
04-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Final Scene

http://i.minus.com/jQaeyVtaLjZEx.jpg (http://minus.com/i/QaeyVtaLjZEx)i want to do that scene with head & hand sticking out of melt metal. how did you achieve the effect?

Mr. EcKo
04-04-2014, 08:25 PM
shouldn't the thumb be pointing upwards?

DEATHASYLUM
04-04-2014, 08:53 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JKnuX7I.gif

Kosika
04-05-2014, 12:37 AM
i want to do that scene with head & hand sticking out of melt metal. how did you achieve the effect?

http://i.minus.com/j7cdjs7PlaQCm.jpg (http://minus.com/i/7cdjs7PlaQCm)

blackops74
04-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Just messing around with poses

BadMuthaDude
04-07-2014, 05:21 AM
^ Looks awesome with the lighting and backdrop!

Eisselmann
04-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Just messing around with poses

WOW!

Such a picture is one of the reasons I collect these figures.
Thank you. :)

blackops74
04-07-2014, 03:02 PM
^ Looks awesome with the lighting and backdrop!

Thanks! I'm working on some more with the T-1000

blackops74
04-07-2014, 03:03 PM
WOW!

Such a picture is one of the reasons I collect these figures.
Thank you. :)

Thankyou sir. Seeing the photos people create with these figures is one of the reasons I got into the hobby.

Mr. EcKo
04-08-2014, 03:19 AM
now thats an awesome photo, good job:hi5:

Statiss
04-08-2014, 03:55 PM
hello all,

could someone please try something for me? Could someone try to fit a DX13 head on a mms117 body and if possible take a pic?

The reason behind this is I am building a custom Dutch using a modded semi battle damaged DX13 head and currently using a DX10 body. It has worked out well and I will post a pic later but I am not sure I can live with the joints on the elbow of the DX10 body.

Sorry another favour :) if someone has the DX10 and mms117 could they tell me if there is much of a colour different between the two bodies I know the DX10 is quite pink and most other figures have a tanned/yellowish tint to them.

thanks again

Here you go. I couldn't do what Mr.Ecko did because I have the battle damaged head and I need that piece in his head for the light. The head fits fine with the mms neck peg, it just looks a tad big. Lowering his head in a pose hides the size difference :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/09/zuvyrygy.jpg

If you notice you will laugh at how I customized this figure lol

I used the mms arm and just removed the fingers and I printed the chest piece with my printer on glossy paper and added blood.

Ghetto lol

Statiss
04-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Thanks DEATHASYLUM!

Yep, I use this pic (http://www.pcgames.de/screenshots/1280x1024/2011/04/Terminator-Columbia.jpg) as a backdrop for the shooting (I didn't add it with Photoshop).

Here is the two together :

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7211/13510114265_5b4d86e62b_o.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/dav-t/13510114265/)
David.T Photography (https://www.flickr.com/people/dav-t/), on Flickr

It can't be perfect but I tried to be as close as possible.

This pic is amazing!!!

theshape6
04-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Here you go. I couldn't do what Mr.Ecko did because I have the battle damaged head and I need that piece in his head for the light. The head fits fine with the mms neck peg, it just looks a tad big. Lowering his head in a pose hides the size difference :)
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/09/zuvyrygy.jpg

If you notice you will laugh at how I customized this figure lol

I used the mms arm and just removed the fingers and I printed the chest piece with my printer on glossy paper and added blood.

Ghetto lol

Took me a while to realise the battle damage was printed on before reading your full post, sweet idea if I'm honest!

Statiss
04-08-2014, 04:58 PM
Thanks! :)

krec9
04-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Finally picked this up for 225.00 shipped can't wait to get it.

Rambler
04-09-2014, 03:40 PM
whoa, great price. How'd you get that?

dreamstationx
04-09-2014, 04:10 PM
Love this.. I just switched to a re-loading pose. You really got to get the eyes and head tilt right on this one to bring it to life...
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/erypa7uh.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/hajaqu4u.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/2y7uba2e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/eha9epu5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/unygyvy8.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/usymu4az.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/erazegy3.jpg

krec9
04-09-2014, 05:54 PM
whoa, great price. How'd you get that?

Had a few gif cards.

Rambler
04-10-2014, 05:37 AM
ahhh, that makes sense.

maru81
04-10-2014, 05:51 PM
I gave in and picked up another DX-13 few days ago.

Love this figure !

http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u368/position88/20140403_212301_zps86fb60ba.jpg (http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/position88/media/20140403_212301_zps86fb60ba.jpg.html)

Rambler
04-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Nice. I've been tempted for some time now too to grab a 2nd.

Darth Fok
04-11-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm trying to get another body and plan to do the same display.

Sidious-66
04-12-2014, 08:27 AM
Bad to the Bone, baby, Bad to the Bone. :rock2

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2138_zps7398cb9f.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2138_zps7398cb9f.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2137_zpse4823248.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2137_zpse4823248.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2135_zps7c6d0db8.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2135_zps7c6d0db8.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2134_zps198771d6.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2134_zps198771d6.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2141_zpscf33760f.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2141_zpscf33760f.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2140_zpsc2c96380.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2140_zpsc2c96380.jpg.html)

maru81
04-12-2014, 06:24 PM
Nice. I've been tempted for some time now too to grab a 2nd.

Yea it's worth it to grab a 2nd figure. I was going to pick up Diecast War Machine this month...but decided to go for another DX-13 instead.

Nice Pics Sideous !

Gotta purchase DX-10 someday.

a-dev
04-12-2014, 07:54 PM
****in' hell Sidious. That first shot in particular is great for the likeness.

P.
04-12-2014, 09:59 PM

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2138_zps7398cb9f.jpg
- i'll take care of the police.
- hey! you swore not to kill humans!
- I LIED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFMP1TsdiJY

Darth Fok
04-14-2014, 03:14 PM
Bad to the Bone, baby, Bad to the Bone. :rock2

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2138_zps7398cb9f.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2138_zps7398cb9f.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2137_zpse4823248.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2137_zpse4823248.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2135_zps7c6d0db8.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2135_zps7c6d0db8.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2134_zps198771d6.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2134_zps198771d6.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2141_zpscf33760f.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2141_zpscf33760f.jpg.html)

http://i773.photobucket.com/albums/yy19/darren-1982/DSCF2140_zpsc2c96380.jpg (http://s773.photobucket.com/user/darren-1982/media/DSCF2140_zpsc2c96380.jpg.html)

Where did you get that gun from? It's too bad they didn't include another body like the the bespin luke.

hannibalcaine
04-14-2014, 04:07 PM
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p770/hannibalcaine/IMG_2776_zps1024c6cc.jpg (http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/hannibalcaine/media/IMG_2776_zps1024c6cc.jpg.html)
http://i1350.photobucket.com/albums/p770/hannibalcaine/IMG_2761_zps7d100e6a.jpg (http://s1350.photobucket.com/user/hannibalcaine/media/IMG_2761_zps7d100e6a.jpg.html)
Just a couple of quick snaps from today.

Rambler
04-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Where did you get that gun from? It's too bad they didn't include another body like the the bespin luke.

Its either from the DX10 or a coomodel. I bought a coomodel minigun off of ebay awhile back and have my MMS117 holding it.

P.
04-14-2014, 04:37 PM
Its either from the DX10 or a coomodel. I bought a coomodel minigun off of ebay awhile back and have my MMS117 holding it.coomodel doesn't have those enormously fat & short barrels. that's a HT feature, as well as rusty bullet bands :lol

Rambler
04-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Well there you go. Thanks for clarifying. I didn't feel like going to my basement to see what my coo looked like. I do think the coo is definitely the better gun and way to go if you can get one for a good price.

The Skull
04-14-2014, 06:36 PM
Current setup

P.
04-14-2014, 09:22 PM
Well there you go. Thanks for clarifying. well you're welcome if that was important )

i have three pairs of DX13 spare boots. there is no way to sell them from my country anyway. who has any interesting idea of what to do with them? :D
if i had a toy spider and one more pair of boots, i could make a spidenator ))

Darth Fok
04-15-2014, 12:23 AM
Its either from the DX10 or a coomodel. I bought a coomodel minigun off of ebay awhile back and have my MMS117 holding it.

Will any of the DX13 hands be able to hold it?

Rambler
04-15-2014, 05:46 AM
well you're welcome if that was important )

:lol It wasn't that important to me, just the freak who asked the question.

Will any of the DX13 hands be able to hold it?

I would look at the pics that Sid posted. The right gun holding hand will work. It looks like he used the relaxed left hand to hold the front handle.

Sidious-66
04-15-2014, 10:36 AM

Thank you a-dev.

- i'll take care of the police.
- hey! you swore not to kill humans!
- I LIED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFMP1TsdiJY

Appreciate it P.

DX10 buddy.

You were right Rambler my friend, DX10.

coomodel doesn't have those enormously fat & short barrels. that's a HT feature, as well as rusty bullet bands :lol

:rotfl

There is no fooling you P.

Loving the pics from hannibalcaine and the setup from The Skull.

The Skull
04-15-2014, 10:41 AM
Thanks Sidious:)

Sidious-66
04-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks Sidious:)

No problem pal.

DEATHASYLUM
04-15-2014, 12:05 PM
Current setup

Looks really nice Pete. Love the shelf & poses :clap

theshape6
04-16-2014, 09:09 AM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/yquvaza4.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/anesehen.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/surupena.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/hazu3y6y.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/syvadery.jpg

Absolutely love taking pictures of this guy, haven't uploaded many mind you, love having him displayed beside the DX10 too this just look so great together regardless of how they are displayed

Gipetto0812
04-19-2014, 04:02 PM
I'm no photographer so pardon the quality but here's my current set up

http://i1030.photobucket.com/albums/y366/gipetto0812/SAM_4361_zps1bb8407b.jpg

The Skull
04-19-2014, 04:08 PM
Looking good fella's:clap

Mr. EcKo
04-20-2014, 09:39 AM
I need some DX13 pants!! Anybody got a pair they wanna sell me? Hook me up :exactly::wave

hannibalcaine
04-20-2014, 01:10 PM
Decided to edit this shot. I really do love it.

EndoSickness
04-23-2014, 01:36 PM
So, finally a few shots from me.
Decided to switch to full BD and take pics right away:

vodoun
04-23-2014, 01:51 PM
Love this.. I just switched to a re-loading pose. You really got to get the eyes and head tilt right on this one to bring it to life...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/usymu4az.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/10/erazegy3.jpg

Damn that sure is creepy!

Mr. EcKo
04-23-2014, 02:07 PM
Great photos fellas :clap

Mr. EcKo
04-23-2014, 03:08 PM
Current setup

Bad to the bone brother :clap

P.
04-25-2014, 01:55 AM
EndoSickness
your chrome parts don't look bronze at all! either your camera cheats or you are super lucky.

=====================

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/17/hazu3y6y.jpgan interesting idea of giving the gun a natural position.

EndoSickness
04-25-2014, 02:23 AM
EndoSickness
your chrome parts don't look bronze at all! either your camera cheats or you are super lucky.

It is a bit, but not much.
I didnīt cheat.
.lol

jacerc130
04-28-2014, 02:18 PM
I love this figure! I got soo lucky and found one at a Hastings in Texas while visiting the inlaws. This place is my goldmine. Got my Avengers Loki there a few months after he was sold out everywhere else and now was able to land this guy months after he's sold out everywhere!:yess::panic:

DEATHASYLUM
04-28-2014, 03:31 PM
congrats :)

mightyq
04-29-2014, 10:46 AM
my recent dio.;..

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/termdio3_zps3a674243.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/termdio7_zps6ea041bb.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/termdio6_zps094672e9.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/termdio4_zpsc91ebc0e.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/termdio5_zpsb05ad693.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/TERMDIO_zps2c9e978b.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o297/mightyq117/mightyq117033/termdio1_zpscfbe8eac.jpg

Sidious-66
04-29-2014, 10:51 AM
Nice work pal.

Waits to see a-dev's reaction....:lecture

DEATHASYLUM
04-29-2014, 11:51 AM
Very cool display mightyq :clap You build that one yourself?

mightyq
04-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Very cool display mightyq :clap You build that one yourself?

no commission it,,,,,,,,,,really nice....although big....in height, needs to be...

DEATHASYLUM
04-29-2014, 01:55 PM
no commission it,,,,,,,,,,really nice....although big....in height, needs to be...

Well it definitely does the job and congrats :)

a-dev
04-29-2014, 02:14 PM

Pretty cool. So who built it? Anyone we know?

mightyq
04-29-2014, 05:03 PM
Pretty cool. So who built it? Anyone we know?

No , he isn't on sideshow. If anybody wants one let me know, might be enough material for a few, I'll ask.... I think it's $175 plus shipping..,,,, again he might not even want to do ,, but I'll ask.

RockEzy
04-29-2014, 06:35 PM
I love this figure! I got soo lucky and found one at a Hastings in Texas while visiting the inlaws. This place is my goldmine. Got my Avengers Loki there a few months after he was sold out everywhere else and now was able to land this guy months after he's sold out everywhere!:yess::panic:

Hastings in Amarillo? I been seeing a lot of high end collectibles in there glass cases recently.

jacerc130
04-30-2014, 04:34 PM
Hastings in Amarillo? I been seeing a lot of high end collectibles in there glass cases recently.

Well maybe it's Amarillo or maybe not. I'll just say it's in Texas LOL. I don't want to give away my goldmine. But yeah Hastings always have a small case of HT figures.

Kosika
05-01-2014, 03:43 AM
http://i.minus.com/jbr7F3HIKWsCBL.jpg (http://minus.com/i/br7F3HIKWsCBL)

http://i.minus.com/j0JuWOl7ZlB2n.jpg (http://minus.com/i/0JuWOl7ZlB2n)

Rambler
05-01-2014, 05:46 AM
:horror:clap:clap:clap Great pics!!

Cap'n Cook
05-01-2014, 07:05 AM
Yeh. Those are stunning.

Staps1138
05-01-2014, 07:19 AM
Almost looks like a screen grab from the movie - very cool!

DEATHASYLUM
05-01-2014, 08:57 AM
WOW, those are some great pics Kosika :clap

Kosika
05-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks to everybody : Wink1:

http://i.minus.com/j9VeOYNvsVBBa.jpg (http://minus.com/i/9VeOYNvsVBBa)

maru81
05-01-2014, 09:10 PM
That's just amazing Kosika.. I'm so jealous of that diorama :clap

DeadbeatPad
05-10-2014, 07:04 PM
So, after several months of owning this guy and agonising back and forth over whether or not I was going to open him and keep him, or sell him on and get the upcoming T1 Battle Damaged/Police Station figure, I finally decided to go ahead and take the plunge. And boy do I feel stupid for not doing it sooner!

As soon as I opened the box and saw his face and clothes I was so totally happy that I couldn't believe how long I'd had him just sitting there!

Anyway, here's some quick phone pics, one with eye light off and one on. All due credit to Jokes & Bats for the pose inspiration (see here (http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?118829-Hot-Toys-DX13-T2-T-800-(Battle-Damaged-Version)-1-6-scale-Collectible-Figure&p=6429463&viewfull=1#post6429463)). I always knew I wanted to have full Battle Damage on - missing arm, messed up head etc - and the grenade launcher, but without being able to lie him down as if riding on that massive cog, I didn't know quite how to stand him. This works nicely, I think.

Light off:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/padman_uk/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpg

Light on:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/padman_uk/Mobile%20Uploads/image-1.jpg

On a side note, with the light up eye does this fall under the category of "figures with internal batteries to be wary of"? Having not had an Iron Man or anything yet, but read a lot of the forums, there seems to be a lot of stuff about corrosion going around. Is this just a problem that goes on forever, or is it just with the batteries that Hot Toys include, or what? Does it only happen after a certain amount of use... or non-use? I've never really understood what goes on there.

DeadbeatPad
05-10-2014, 07:25 PM
On ANOTHER side note, I just noticed looking at other pics that I'm missing one of the little stud fastners from the left (his right) lapel of my battle damaged jacket. I thought maybe it was deliberate, but clearly not. BOOOOOO! :(

dw316
05-10-2014, 07:53 PM
It probably popped off. Mine did, but luckily I saw it happen and was able to reattach it.

dragontron
05-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Any updates on that custom 3rd party Cyberdyne Gas Grenade Launcher?

a-dev
05-10-2014, 08:44 PM
On a side note, with the light up eye does this fall under the category of "figures with internal batteries to be wary of"? Having not had an Iron Man or anything yet, but read a lot of the forums, there seems to be a lot of stuff about corrosion going around. Is this just a problem that goes on forever, or is it just with the batteries that Hot Toys include, or what? Does it only happen after a certain amount of use... or non-use? I've never really understood what goes on there.

I like the pose. A well executed simple pose.

I've no idea about the batteries and corrosion though.

Any updates on that custom 3rd party Cyberdyne Gas Grenade Launcher?

Good question. That's a must buy if it ever comes to be.

a-dev
05-14-2014, 11:28 AM
Anyone seen this? I wonder how legit this is. He has 10, so it says but no one has bought one yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231224728599?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

DEATHASYLUM
05-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Anyone seen this? I wonder how legit this is. He has 10, so it says but no one has bought one yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231224728599?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

mightyq posted his here:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?118829-Hot-Toys-DX13-T2-T-800-(Battle-Damaged-Version)-1-6-scale-Collectible-Figure&p=6747780&viewfull=1#post6747780

a-dev
05-14-2014, 11:39 AM
mightyq posted his here:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?118829-Hot-Toys-DX13-T2-T-800-(Battle-Damaged-Version)-1-6-scale-Collectible-Figure&p=6747780&viewfull=1#post6747780

I've also been looking at that. :lol

I prefer the height on his one but kinda prefer the 'look' of the ebay one.

DEATHASYLUM
05-14-2014, 11:55 AM
You thinking about picking one up a-dev?

The Skull
05-14-2014, 11:55 AM
That's not a bad price with free shipping, I don't have room for it myself but I wouldn't mine seeing some of you guys display it!!

DEATHASYLUM
05-14-2014, 11:59 AM
Looks great, but I'm out too.

a-dev
05-14-2014, 12:04 PM
You thinking about picking one up a-dev?

Mulling it over. It feels compulsory to represent the scene somehow. I'd prefer a larger scale diorama incorporating the 'balcony' area that Sarah and John view from but not sure that will ever be possible.

a-dev
05-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Probably the best that can realistically be done is to 'suggest' the scene. That's why as far as dioramas I always preferred the idea of the gears where the T-800 gets his arm trapped - what DarkSpartan made. As he proved you can do a decent job of recreating that whole part of the set. Not really possible with the self-terminate scene.

The Skull
05-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Mulling it over. It feels compulsory to represent the scene somehow. I'd prefer a larger scale diorama incorporating the 'balcony' area that Sarah and John view from but not sure that will ever be possible.

http://youtu.be/sD8vwxhxKpA

dw316
05-14-2014, 08:58 PM
:clap Nice display stand! I would definitely contemplate picking that up. It's being watched for now.

snoop101
05-14-2014, 08:59 PM
mightyq posted his here:

Wow. Is that the same one? That might be worth it, that would look incredible on display.

dw316
05-14-2014, 09:39 PM
The one on eBay doesn't look like it has that huge chain hook on the bottom. The sideshowcollectors version looks a lot better IMO.

a-dev
05-14-2014, 10:35 PM
And there is a third one from these people - http://www.moviebased.com/products/SSD-003.htm

Mike86
05-14-2014, 10:49 PM
That stand is kind of cool but I'm not completely sure I think it's worth the price. It seems fairly basic for what it is to me.

theshape6
05-15-2014, 02:15 AM
Been eyeing up this display stand the past week or two personally I think it looks great but I do prefer mightyq's stand

Probably the best that can realistically be done is to 'suggest' the scene. That's why as far as dioramas I always preferred the idea of the gears where the T-800 gets his arm trapped - what DarkSpartan made. As he proved you can do a decent job of recreating that whole part of the set. Not really possible with the self-terminate scene.

I LOVE what Darkspartan done with his Diorama, I was re-watching T2 scene for scene and its amazing to see how much of the Steel mill battle is shot in one small location

Sidious-66
05-15-2014, 04:46 AM

I can vouch for the seller as I have purchased from him in the past and I have a few 1/6 items saved on my eBay to buy from him.

It looks good I must say.

a-dev
05-15-2014, 08:34 AM
I can vouch for the seller as I have purchased from him in the past and I have a few 1/6 items saved on my eBay to buy from him.

It looks good I must say.

Thanks Sidious.

The scene cannot be recreated to the particular accuracy and scale that I would ideally like so as I said a 'suggestion' of the scene is probably the best that can be hoped for. For that I prefer the ebay one, visually it looks a bit better and more 'official'.

I think I'll contact them about it, there's a few things I'd like to know about it beforehand.

I LOVE what Darkspartan done with his Diorama, I was re-watching T2 scene for scene and its amazing to see how much of the Steel mill battle is shot in one small location

Yeah I was astonished by that aswell. And yet when I thought about the scene in the film it shouldn't have been surprising.

DEATHASYLUM
05-15-2014, 09:43 AM
Wow. Is that the same one? That might be worth it, that would look incredible on display.

If you have the space, then that would be a fantastic display :wink1:

DEATHASYLUM
05-15-2014, 09:49 AM

Both displays look great, but without a John it makes little sense to have the balcony. All you need is Arnie hanging from the chains to represent that scene pretty good. I can't remember if you made one of those custom John Connors like EcKo and Skull, but if you did, then the balcony would be ideal, granted you have the space :)

a-dev
05-15-2014, 10:02 AM
Both displays look great, but without a John it makes little sense to have the balcony. All you need is Arnie hanging from the chains to represent that scene pretty good. I can't remember if you made one of those custom John Connors like EcKo and Skull, but if you did, then the balcony would be ideal, granted you have the space :)

Actually...

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5944Medium_zpsd37dd129.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5944Medium_zpsd37dd129.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5914Medium_zps5bed989c.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5914Medium_zps5bed989c.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5916Medium_zps0da519c8.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5916Medium_zps0da519c8.jpg.html)

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5917Medium_zps23b3398b.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5917Medium_zps23b3398b.jpg.html)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5919Medium_zps59a1d4e4.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5919Medium_zps59a1d4e4.jpg.html)

Made by Commando. The same Commando whose hopefully still going to offer us the teargas launcher.

As far as the balcony, I'm just thinking today that it would still be worthwhile on its own as a display, independent of the actual chain lowering thing. It'd be cool to have a orange glowy lightsource for it but that's all you'd need really. As display pieces you could treat it and the chains part as separate. It'd be something else I'd try to commission someone for in the future.

DEATHASYLUM
05-15-2014, 10:06 AM
I should have known & what was I thinking, of course you have one :slap :wink1: Then go all out and have the balcony :yess:

Also, is he still working on the launcher?

a-dev
05-15-2014, 10:09 AM
I dunno, I haven't been in contact with him. I'm not even sure if he's been on the forum lately.

DEATHASYLUM
05-15-2014, 10:11 AM
I just kinda figured it would have showed up by now if it was still in the works.

a-dev
05-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Ah, 30th april was the last time he was logged in. Maybe I'll give him a PM.

Sidious-66
05-15-2014, 10:20 AM
Thanks Sidious.

The scene cannot be recreated to the particular accuracy and scale that I would ideally like so as I said a 'suggestion' of the scene is probably the best that can be hoped for. For that I prefer the ebay one, visually it looks a bit better and more 'official'.

I think I'll contact them about it, there's a few things I'd like to know about it beforehand.

Yeah I was astonished by that aswell. And yet when I thought about the scene in the film it shouldn't have been surprising.

No problem bud. :duff

Darth Fok
05-15-2014, 01:39 PM
I ordered another body off ebay, might as well make use of all the spare parts. So far I think this is the best Arnie 1/6 scale terminator figure

snoop101
05-17-2014, 11:00 AM
I ordered another body off ebay, might as well make use of all the spare parts. So far I think this is the best Arnie 1/6 scale terminator figure

I think about 99% of us share that same opinion. :hi5:

Rambler
05-17-2014, 12:07 PM
99.9% :wink1:

govanrangersman
05-18-2014, 09:30 AM
Quick pick of my set up. Working on a better illuminated stand just now.

EDIT... Apologies, but for some reason this pic keeps appearing sideways.

Fan
05-20-2014, 12:51 AM
(...)
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/DX%2013%20T-800/useIMG_5944Medium_zpsd37dd129.jpg[/URL]
(...)

Now that's a familiy portrait! :clap

(...)The scene cannot be recreated to the particular accuracy and scale that I would ideally like so as I said a 'suggestion' of the scene is probably the best that can be hoped for.(...)

That's true, would be giant in 1/6, so an "idealized" version is what I want as well.
Looks like there's gonna be a suitable crane hook... :wink1:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t1.0-9/1904166_715343125177655_1916826856_n.png

Source: https://www.facebook.com/moviebased

dw316
05-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Nice! How much do those dioramas usually run? I'm interested in the final complete steel mill & meeting site.