PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 08:31 PM
I don't get what you mean, whats wrong with his arm? :dunno

Arnold just bent his arm behind his back so they could hang the split in half Endo arm from him, and they used the T-1000 smashing his abdomen as an excuse for why he looked awkward at the end. You can actually spot his real arm when he first breaks away from the Endo forearm.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Arnold just bent his arm behind his back so they could hang the split in half Endo arm from him.

What else could they do at the time? I don't think it was any fault of James Cameron (as MagnumOpus implied) that Arnie's real arm couldn't be hidden completely..

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 09:15 PM
What else could they do at the time? I don't think it was any fault of James Cameron (as MagnumOpus implied) that Arnie's real arm couldn't be hidden completely..

Agreed, in fact, I would say it was quality work by Cameron and Winston to pull off the effect, and most of the time you see him, you're not looking at enough of him to see the arm, they definitely made an effort to go closer in on his face as much as they could. I personally don't look at him and think, look at his arm, I just see a really beat to hell T-800.

"I need a vacation."

Bucky Underbelly
11-17-2012, 09:22 PM
It's actually pretty impressive to me that it took so many viewings for me to finally notice his real arm at all. They do a really brilliant job of focusing your eyes elsewhere in the frame. It's like a great magic trick. They keep you looking where they want you to be looking. Brilliant, old-fashioned movie magic!

(Though once you see his real arm in the black sock thing ... it's hard to unsee it. The part that delights me is that you can actually see the outline of Arnold's watch (no doubt his favorite Tag Heuer) underneath the black sleeve. :lol)

MagnumOpus
11-17-2012, 09:25 PM
Maybe a budget problem:) Not a big deal, Jim is the man:)

Valfar
11-17-2012, 09:25 PM
I love good old fashioned movie magic, much more then the CG **** they throw into everything today making scenes look even more fake.

http://youtu.be/l2hybxdsak8

Ralph_Sutter
11-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Pictures don't prove anything about DX10's improvement!

http://i.imgur.com/8pjxg.jpg

The DX10 looks like James Franco's chubby twin in that picture :P Someone should just shrink an EB sculpt already. Their BD T2 sculpt is looking really good!

Bucky Underbelly
11-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Here's the best screenshot I could find of the arm sock. (Though it's actually easier to see when it's in motion.)

http://www.moviemistakes.com/picture94528

It's listed as a "mistake" but it really isn't. That's what they intended to do. I don't think it was a budget issue. I think they just thought it would work better to go old school with the effect. And it certainly worked for most of the world. It's only us obsessives that spotted it!

a-dev
11-17-2012, 11:05 PM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/484958_10151123438647344_424718895_n.jpg

I love this look with the machine gun. Though without a 1:6 scale Liquid Nitrogen Tanker Truck for him to kneel on while blasting through the windshield, I can't see a point in displaying it. Also I don't think his knee was damaged at that point, shortly after yes, when he jumps off the truck as it slides into the steel mill.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 11:18 PM
Still hard to believe we are finally getting this figure. Too bad we have to wait so long :impatient:..............:gah:

a-dev
11-17-2012, 11:24 PM
Still hard to believe we are finally getting this figure. Too bad we have to wait so long :impatient:..............:gah:

I'm still not getting tired of those pics on the first page. I know we've mentioned the innaccuracy and artistic license of the battle damage but apart from that....just an unbelievably, painfully good figure.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 11:29 PM
I'm still not getting tired of those pics on the first page. I know we've mentioned the innaccuracy and artistic license of the battle damage but apart from that....just an unbelievably, painfully good figure.

Lol me neither. But yeah its definitely one of if not the best HT figure imo. This has also been the first time that I liked a figure so much to pre-order it on day one. You can just tell they poured a lot of effort into it. And speaking of pictures, when do we normally get the "hi-res" pics?

Centurion
11-17-2012, 11:30 PM
Here's the best screenshot I could find of the arm sock. (Though it's actually easier to see when it's in motion.)

http://www.moviemistakes.com/picture94528

It's listed as a "mistake" but it really isn't. That's what they intended to do. I don't think it was a budget issue. I think they just thought it would work better to go old school with the effect. And it certainly worked for most of the world. It's only us obsessives that spotted it!

Interesting!
Thanks for that link.

Clicking through the other pics reveals more mistakes. :D

a-dev
11-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Lol me neither. But yeah its definitely one of if not the best HT figure imo. This has also been the first time that I liked a figure so much to pre-order it on day one. You can just tell they poured a lot of effort into it. And speaking of pictures, when do we normally get the "hi-res" pics?

I thought that was normally very early on - i.e. before the point in the thread we're at now. I dunno. Yeah I want to get my zoom on.

DiFabio
11-17-2012, 11:41 PM
Last time I was this excited for specs/pics was probably the '89 Keaton Batman, so it's been a while.

Just like I did with '89 Batman, I have this tendency to go back to the pics and just scan them and look it over. I'm still in awe over that morphing T-1000. I never thought they'd include something like that.

Centrocal
11-17-2012, 11:45 PM

Still looking for them:dunno

a-dev
11-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Last time I was this excited for specs/pics was probably the '89 Keaton Batman, so it's been a while.

Just like I did with '89 Batman, I have this tendency to go back to the pics and just scan them and look it over. I'm still in awe over that morphing T-1000. I never thought they'd include something like that.

I don't remember anyone ever suggesting it as an idea in those years of speculation. In hindsight though when you look at what comes with other figures like that Sandman base from the Black Spiderman - not even a DX - it ought not to have been surprising to see something like the liquid metal T-1000.

I'm gonna have a few extras of those when all is said and done.

Centrocal
11-18-2012, 12:01 AM
I always thought they should make a solid sculpt of T-1000 final scene, right when the grenade goes off. Or maybe even the liquid nitrogen scene. I'd consider buying 1/6 sculptures of those if they sold them individually

batfan08
11-18-2012, 06:18 AM
I'll be honest, I love this, and I am very tempted to make it my first Terminator figure. However, I'm not giving in; not yet, anyway. That's because I can't differentiate whether I actually love this thing as much as I think I do, or whether I'm just buying into the hype. Therefore, I'm going to wait a few months for the dust to settle, and see if the shine is all gone. If it's not, then I'll know that this thing truly is as awesome as I think it is now. At this point, though, I'm extremely impressed by this offering.

OMG
11-18-2012, 06:28 AM
POed :panic::panic::panic:

The only thing I dont like about this figure is the single elbow joint arm ... NOOO! ...... :panic::panic::panic:

Rzeznikk
11-18-2012, 06:49 AM
POed :panic::panic::panic:

The only thing I dont like about this figure is the single elbow joint arm ... NOOO! ...... :panic::panic::panic:

Do people know this for sure? The Bespin Luke has double jointed elbows and has a switch out arm. So I figure this will be the same.

EDIT: Ok I see the joint on the BD Arm piece, OMG is right.

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 07:06 AM

Yup. Tell me about it. This item is all we ever talked about, and dating back to when I first joined this site. Amazing.

Well, they throw something like this in to help justify the high price. Like someone here said before, I wish they had a set price for each item (vehicles, MMS, DX) and not just make up a new one with each release.

MaulFan
11-18-2012, 08:06 AM
I love this look with the machine gun. Though without a 1:6 scale Liquid Nitrogen Tanker Truck for him to kneel on while blasting through the windshield, I can't see a point in displaying it. Also I don't think his knee was damaged at that point, shortly after yes, when he jumps off the truck as it slides into the steel mill.

Yes, his knee gets broken when he leaps from the tanker, similar to T1, he can't walk as well after that.

Yup. Tell me about it. This item is all we ever talked about, and dating back to when I first joined this site. Amazing.

It has been a long wait to see such figure realized, for some of us, as far back as Sideshow's T2 figures. I remember when MMS117 debuted, I was impressed an glad to see HT do T2, but with that release and every figure that came after as an upgrade to Sideshow's offerings, I grew dissappointed. After Marcus Wright and T2 won the poll for next Terminator, my hope was that HT would fill the gaps Sideshow left first with BD T-800. I just love the T2 BD look, it's my most favorite T-800 look in all the movies, anytime there's a figure line, I hope this look will be done. Thankfull NECA did it faithfully where McFarlane took too many liberties, and now HT and EB are taking it on and in the format I've wantes to see it done in most.

Jackhepburn
11-18-2012, 09:16 AM
With both Maulfan and OMG getting this, I can't wait to see their photos :yess:

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 09:20 AM
It has been a long wait to see such figure realized, for some of us, as far back as Sideshow's T2 figures. I remember when MMS117 debuted, I was impressed an glad to see HT do T2, but with that release and every figure that came after as an upgrade to Sideshow's offerings, I grew dissappointed. After Marcus Wright and T2 won the poll for next Terminator, my hope was that HT would fill the gaps Sideshow left first with BD T-800. I just love the T2 BD look, it's my most favorite T-800 look in all the movies, anytime there's a figure line, I hope this look will be done. Thankfull NECA did it faithfully where McFarlane took too many liberties, and now HT and EB are taking it on and in the format I've wantes to see it done in most.

It really is one of those "finish my collection off" pieces isn't it? After this and EB's what else is there to get? Me, I have the Sideshow bust, Sideshow PF, 2 Sideshow Endo skulls, EB's T-800, 2 MMS117's, Sarah Connor and 3 T-1000's. Consider me complete :lol

Jackhepburn
11-18-2012, 09:22 AM
I think the companies have held off from this release for as long as they could, they want us to stay into collecting and this is the grail most of us are waiting for

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 09:28 AM
I think the companies have held off from this release for as long as they could, they want us to stay into collecting and this is the grail most of us are waiting for

100% correct imo. No brainier. Why serve us New York strip when small snacks will hold is over til dinner :wink1:

Khev
11-18-2012, 09:39 AM
I love this look with the machine gun. Though without a 1:6 scale Liquid Nitrogen Tanker Truck for him to kneel on while blasting through the windshield, I can't see a point in displaying it.

I love the inclusion of the assault rifle because it pays tribute to possibly the most exhilirating moment of the film, especially if you remember seeing it with a sold out crowd in the theater on opening weekend. The audience went NUTS and back in the day it was the equivalent of this year's Hulk smashing Loki sequence.

I don't see why you'd need a tanker or pickup truck to complete the display. It's not like people passed on DX10 because they didn't have a 1/6 scale Cyberdine building to pose him in. ;)

a-dev
11-18-2012, 09:51 AM
I love the inclusion of the assault rifle because it pays tribute to possibly the most exhilirating moment of the film, especially if you remember seeing it with a sold out crowd in the theater on opening weekend. The audience went NUTS and back in the day it was the equivalent of this year's Hulk smashing Loki sequence.

Alas I was too young to see T2 in the cinema, only 9 I think. Its a funny thing that of my favourite movie franchise the only one I've seen on the big screen is the very worst one (IMO) - T3.

MagnumOpus
11-18-2012, 09:59 AM
T3 is not so bad, I like the ending of it actually. My only problem is Nick Stahl & Claire Danes duo who they don't fit their characters enough...

MaulFan
11-18-2012, 10:02 AM
Alas I was too young to see T2 in the cinema, only 9 I think. Its a funny thing that of my favourite movie franchise the only one I've seen on the big screen is the very worst one (IMO) - T3.

My most favorite movies all came out before I could see them on the big screen, T1 & T2, Rambo 1-3, Jaws, Godzilla, Rocky 1-5, original versions of Star Wars 1-6, Batman 1989. I would love a chance to see those on the big screen, even though they were SE, I at least got to see Star Wars in 97.

MagnumOpus
11-18-2012, 10:05 AM
My most favorite movies all came out before I could see them on the big screen, T1 & T2, Rambo 1-3, Jaws, Godzilla, Rocky 1-5, original versions of Star Wars 1-6, Batman 1989. I would love a chance to see those on the big screen, even though they were SE, I at least got to see Star Wars in 97.

Wow, in this case it is so good to be 36 years old then:))

Devil_666
11-18-2012, 10:06 AM
It's not like people passed on DX10 because they didn't have a 1/6 scale Cyberdine building to pose him in. ;)

I did. No 1/6 scale Cyberdine building accessory for the DX10 = Complete fail on HT's part. :nana:

joebizz34
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
I was too young to see the first one in theaters. I saw that on VHS. All the sequels I have seen in theaters. What an experience it was seeing T2 in the theater. It was in Brooklyn NY and the place was sold out!! The whole crowd was into it. Good times. :)

Platty
11-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Just about caught up with this thread. :lol

Still can't get over this figure. It's beautiful, and the accessories are the best I've ever seen. I don't think there's anything ill leave in the box on this one (and there's always one or two things with every release) My only minor nitpick would be the damage on both sculpts, not too accurate. The full BD puts me in mind of the sideshow 1:1 bust actually. But at the same time I love both sculpts.

I think my plan is to have him with the semi bd head and full arm and have the enterbay covering the full bd look.

That, alongside the DX10 (which this figure has made me more excited for) and my clean enterbay Arnie will be my dream setup from what to me is the best movie character and film ever :lecture

Khev
11-18-2012, 10:59 AM

Have you been able to catch it theatrically since its first release?

I feel like this figure is a nostalgic shrine to the defining cinematic sci-fi achievement of the 1990's (sorry Phantom Menace and Matrix.)

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/484958_10151123438647344_424718895_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/74771_10151123439207344_258626182_n.jpg

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/63712_10151123439582344_1910771165_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/72097_10151123439942344_221824189_n.jpg

Thankfully the DX Luke taught me that I absolutely have no reason to fork over the $30 deposit until it ships though.

Wor-Gar
11-18-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't see how anyone can think that this....

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8646/pizzat8006.jpg

Isn't an improvement from this...

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7127/img4952d.jpg

(those are not my pics btw)

I agree. The MMS always seemed a bit "characterized" for my tastes. The head looks older but just not an older Arnold.

My cousin was just about ready to pull the trigger on the DX10. He was just waiting for Paypal funds to clear his bank, then BAM this DX13 shows up. Cousin is now getting the DX13 instead.

Im sure there are other issues likely the same. I think HT kinda shot themselves in the foot on some early sales for the DX10 because of this. Im sure the DX10 will still sell out because it seems theres still a lot of people that like or prefer the clean look. And its cheaper.

I'm one of those people who was ready to slap my money down on the DX10 but now will hold for the DX13.

It does seem counter intuitive to announce this now while shipping the DX10. I mean, the 13 comes out in June, couldn't HT have waited until January to announce this and guarantee more 10 sales? They lost mine, I'm sure they've lost many.

Of course, I'm hoping this drives the price even lower over the next few months and I can actually get the DX10 for maybe even less.

Then again, this could also mean -- the DX10 is going to be limited.

Rambler
11-18-2012, 11:50 AM
I'll be honest, I love this, and I am very tempted to make it my first Terminator figure. However, I'm not giving in; not yet, anyway. That's because I can't differentiate whether I actually love this thing as much as I think I do, or whether I'm just buying into the hype. Therefore, I'm going to wait a few months for the dust to settle, and see if the shine is all gone. If it's not, then I'll know that this thing truly is as awesome as I think it is now. At this point, though, I'm extremely impressed by this offering.

:lecture:goodpost::exactly:

I feel the same way. I'm probably going to wait for my reward points from all my currently preordered Nolan batman figs to kick in before ordering. Help offset the high cost.

I am trying to resist the urge to just order on impulse. But man do I love this figure right now.

Rambler
11-18-2012, 11:55 AM

I remember paying to see Hot Shots in the theatre then sneaking in to see T2. I was only 12 at the time and they wouldn't let us in to an R rated movie. Still one of my best memories. I still remember being in awe watching it and my dad being jealous that I saw it before him.

MaulFan
11-18-2012, 12:24 PM
I remember paying to see Hot Shots in the theatre then sneaking in to see T2. I was only 12 at the time and they wouldn't let us in to an R rated movie. Still one of my best memories. I still remember being in awe watching it and my dad being jealous that I saw it before him.

I was 8 when T2 came out, I spent years watching an edited for TV copy. I've only see. T3 and T4 in theaters.

BadMuthaDude
11-18-2012, 12:44 PM
I never heard of Terminator until my brother asked my mom to take him to see T2 for his birthday. I was 11 at the time. I never saw a preview or had any knowledge of it beforehand and to be honest, the title didn't sound all that appealing to me. When we got to the theatre, Arnold was already kicking some ass in the biker bar. After that, I was hooked and got T1 on VHS for Christmas. Came with a free pack of T2 trading cards. Hells yeah.

a-dev
11-18-2012, 12:47 PM
I wish I could remember the first time I saw T1 and T2. I can't even remember which I saw first.

Johnny Utah
11-18-2012, 12:54 PM
I saw T2 first. My mam rented it for me - a new release in '92. My aunt and my cousin had seen it in the cinema and I was intrigued by their stories of 'robots throwing each other through walls'. I was glued to the film, I remember my jaw dropping at the bullet holes closing on the T-1000, and balling my eyes out at the end.

Still my no.1 film of all time. Always will be.

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 12:57 PM
I wish I could remember the first time I saw T1 and T2. I can't even remember which I saw first.

T1 - 1985 on superchannel. I was 9 years old and I fell in love with film ever since. That and BTTF was my most favorite.

T2 - In the theatre. 5 years later and I was this close to enrolling in the Vancouver film school.

I'm a huge Godfather, Shawshank, Goodfellas, etc fan but there aren't many more films than the first two Terminator films that were more impacting to me.

BadMuthaDude
11-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I also have a strange memory that my dad can't confirm happened, but he could have simply forgotten because it wasn't important to him like it was to me.

When T2 came out on VHS, obviously I wanted it right away so we asked the guy at the local video rental store how/where we could purchase a copy. He told us it would cost over $120 to own at the time of release so we would have to wait a few months for the retail price to come down (it was in his store to rent however). He explained that this was due to the cost of production and (this part of the memory is fuzzy) he either said it was because of the effects used or he said it was a similar situation with the movie called 'FX.'

I've never heard of such a thing before or since and as I said, my dad can't substantiate my supposed memory.

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 01:12 PM
T1 - 1985 on superchannel. I was 9 years old and I fell in love with film ever since. That and BTTF was my most favorite.

T2 - In the theatre. 5 years later and I was this close to enrolling in the Vancouver film school.

I'm a huge Godfather, Shawshank, Goodfellas, etc fan but there aren't many more films than the first two Terminator films that were more impacting to me.

:lecture

I was 8, so about 1989.
We were visiting my aunt and uncle and it was really warm.
I had to go to bed when Arnold crashed in the police station and slept in the bed of my cousin and I had a look out of the window, while it was dark, so I did see the arm and eye surgery scene.

Outside I saw the neighbor's house and there was a garland on which all bulbs were broken.
Except ONE TINY RED ONE near the corner.
I guess you know what I was thinking.
:lol

THIS IS NO JOKE! The story is 100% true.

That was it for me. I needed to see it complete as soon as I could and a few years later I finally saw it, together with T2, I guess '93.

After both...I became addicted to this particular chrome skull...

MagnumOpus
11-18-2012, 01:18 PM
I grew up with Arnold and Sly's movies:) I was about 9 years when I first watched Conan with my mother at the cinema, he quickly became the hero of my entire life:) I thought that Arnold was the only muscular man in the world in these days:)

Ash Housewares
11-18-2012, 01:19 PM
I saw both Terminators on VHS in 1992. I watched T2 first then watched T1 and then watched T2 again right after. I was 7 and I was in awe.

Shinji
11-18-2012, 01:20 PM
waiting for eb's fully reveal. but probably ending up ordering this figure because:

- it's 1/6
- it's cheaper
- T-1000

a-dev
11-18-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought that Arnold was the only muscular man in the world in these days:)

Yeah, as a child, I totally bought into this idea that Arnie was the biggest and strongest man in the world. Although Dolph Lundgren as He-Man also impressed. In a way I saw them both as real life He-men...........'He-man', seriously what kind of name is that.

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah, as a child, I totally bought into this idea that Arnie was the biggest and strongest man in the world. Although Dolph Lundgren as He-Man also impressed. In a way I saw them both as real life He-men...........'He-man', seriously what kind of name is that.

HE-MAN, just the epitome and archetype of manhood.

a-dev
11-18-2012, 01:28 PM
HE-MAN, just the epitome and archetype of manhood.

With the hairstyle he went around with? SHE-MAN more like!

Johnny Utah
11-18-2012, 01:38 PM
I hope someone does a figure of him from The Last Stand. Can never have enough Arnie.

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 01:38 PM
With the hairstyle he went around with? SHE-MAN more like!

I guess you're right.

What was your start with Terminator?!
Can I read it a page or 2 back?!

What do you say about mine...?!^^
It sounds kinda silly...but it's true...

a-dev
11-18-2012, 01:39 PM
A-Dev is gonna go ape ****

and am still.

This figure looks so good it hurts.

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 01:40 PM
That was an awesome childhood story, Endo :lol

My older brother recorded it for me (T1) off of superchannel but edited out the missile **** scene. :D

The term "mother****er" was embedded in my head though.

stshammgod
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM

My older brother recorded it for me (T1) off of superchannel but edited out the missile **** scene. :D

Missile **** scene? Lol what's that?

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM

Thx, man.

I guess we're all here for the same reasons.
So the same scenes still have the same impact.

For example I still love to see the tech noir scene. SO intense the way she is scared, he's stepping through the crowd, she manages to avoid his sight, although unwanted...comes up...looks to Reese...switch to the Terminator and he gets his mistakes and momentarily turns and has his target again.........

Damn, after I finished watching Predator 2 on BR I need to put in the new T1 BR and watch this scene again...

Ash Housewares
11-18-2012, 01:57 PM
Linda Hamiltons Teets

MagnumOpus
11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
So who did recognize Pvt. Vasquez in T2:)?

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 02:19 PM

*Indexfinger up*

Jenette Goldstein ftw...

ILuvToyz
11-18-2012, 03:44 PM
I am so pysched for this figure, I popped in T1 and T2 blurrays last night and stayed up til 3am.

Also just noticed Bill Paxton as one of the punks in T1.

P.
11-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Curious what you guys think, from a business point of view, was it smart for them to announce this DX13, right as the DX10 is being shipped out? I can see a lot of peeps canceling or not buying the DX10 in place of this. I was a few days from ordering the DX10. When I saw this, i decided to wait.i personally didn't feel any need for the DX10 because i had several MMS117.
i wanted to replace heads but people put photos showing that new heads don't fit old bodies.
but when i saw the upcoming damaged version, i hesitated only 2 days and got 2 DX10 and parts for the third.
so i think that actually that was very smart of them to give all movie versions NOT with a pause of several years like they did with T1 (and still no hope for anything new 1/6 from T1).

a-dev
11-18-2012, 03:49 PM
I guess you're right.

What was your start with Terminator?!
Can I read it a page or 2 back?!

What do you say about mine...?!^^
It sounds kinda silly...but it's true...

Your story sounds frustrating - being told to go to bed right at the police shootout scene? I hope you lodged a formal protest.

I don't have a story, I mentioned that I can't remember when I first saw the films. All I remember is badly wanting toys from T2 and I remember the day I got the Kenner endoskeleton and the halfman half liquid metal T-1000. I never owned one of the ''Arnie'' kenner figures funnily enough. Other than that I remember me and my friend at the time acting out the fight scenes in T2, usually me as the T-1000 because I was smaller.

a-dev
11-18-2012, 03:52 PM
(and still no hope for anything new 1/6 from T1).

I dunno bout that. It feels like a certainty again that there will be more T1 figures. DX Police shootout/tanker truck BD, Kyle Reese and I think they might even DX the Tech Noir version aswell.

Still don't think I could bring myself to sell my customs though.

Kiva
11-18-2012, 03:57 PM
I wouldnt expect anything else for a longgggg time after this. I can see there being a year atleast. Specially since i think DX10 will probably stink up the shelves now 13 has been shown. I think it was extremely bad timing to announce this so soon. Leave DX10 out for a while, let people get hyped and cave in and decide to buy it after a month or two of dwelling and looking at the in hand pics. Then drop the specs and pics. They are ****ting on their own doorstep by doing this

a-dev
11-18-2012, 04:00 PM
I wouldnt expect anything else for a longgggg time after this.

I actually hope you're right. K maybe cut two of the 'g's off the end of longgggg. I'm tremendously excited about these Terminator figures we're getting but equally pissed off at the timing for me.

krec9
11-18-2012, 04:03 PM
I wouldnt expect anything else for a longgggg time after this. I can see there being a year atleast. Specially since i think DX10 will probably stink up the shelves now 13 has been shown. I think it was extremely bad timing to announce this so soon. Leave DX10 out for a while, let people get hyped and cave in and decide to buy it after a month or two of dwelling and looking at the in hand pics. Then drop the specs and pics. They are ****ting on their own doorstep by doing this

:goodpost: i agree

galmando
11-18-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm only 28 but i can actually remember seeing T1 and T2 for the first time, it's only after reading some of these posts that i realised this!

T1 i remember walking downstairs and my mum n dad were watching it, the film was part way through so they explained what was going on, i remember nearly ****ting a brick when the Endoskeleton is still alive after Reese blows it to pieces! I also remember being confused about the plot, but that may have been my dads explanation

As for T2, we rented it out and then passed the copy around the street!! Lol! We had to stop half way through though and take it back, but y'see my dad had already recorded the whole thing earlier in the day so we watched the rest when he got back. Shame on you dad!! But well done!

T2 contained my second **** a brick moment, nuclear war! Damn that freaked me out, especially being so scared that i forgot to realise that a skeleton wouldn't scream in agony whilst holding a fence.

Ahh, menories

P.
11-18-2012, 04:10 PM
I actually hope you're right. K maybe cut two of the 'g's off the end of longgggg. I'm tremendously excited about these Terminator figures we're getting but equally pissed off at the timing for me.if they finally make the one-eye / glasses figure, i can make three versions i still don't have from the movie:
- terminator reading Sarah's note book ("mom's cabin")
- terminator rising after the bike crash, looking at the truck approaching
- and burn the old police assault version for the fallen burning terminator "corpse" :D
well it's not for this thread. here i can only speak my happiness about how HT this time went for all the smallest details including clothes damage and alternate clothes, so that we don't have to buy additional pieces and do that ourselves.
it was really unexpected from them.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/532348_10151123438717344_1271168269_n.jpg

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/74771_10151123439207344_258626182_n.jpg

i think these will be my scenes (with the super-damaged head for a one-arm figure, of course. this one is set wrong. or isn't it?), glad i didn't do anything with all T-1000 figures.
strange how T1's growing damage level made him more and more menacing and robotic, and with T2 it's quite the opposite - the more he gets, the more you fear for him facing the liquid robot.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-18-2012, 04:12 PM

*Indexfinger up*

Jenette Goldstein ftw...

NO WAY!!!

I had to google it and then i immediately recognized her :lol

Solarsailor
11-18-2012, 04:14 PM
Leave DX10 out for a while, let people get hyped and cave in and decide to buy it after a month or two of dwelling and looking at the in hand pics. Then drop the specs and pics. They are ****ting on their own doorstep by doing this

Totally agree. Especially since this is a busy period. With a lot of great (and expensive) Hot Toys coming out (Iron Monger, DX Luke etc etc) it would have been a no brainer to keep the lid on this until after x-mas.

Think of everyone who can't really afford that many HT's. They were probably eye balling DX10 from Santa but now it's the easiest pass in the world. Get something else for x-mas and wait it out.

There should not be that many delay's on this as I presume the cost cutting will be massive. Same everything, throw in a few extra's and damage the clothes and watch the money roll in.

If anything HT's have shot themselves and done a lot of folk a favor.

a-dev
11-18-2012, 04:18 PM
if they finally make the one-eye / glasses figure, i can make three versions i still don't have from the movie:
- terminator reading Sarah's note book ("mom's cabin")
- terminator rising after the bike crash, looking at the truck aproaching
- and burn the old police assault version for the fallen burning terminator "corpse" :D
well it's not for this thread. here i can only speak my happiness about how HT this time went for all the smallest details including clothes damage and alternate clothes, so that we don't have to buy additional pieces and do that ourselves.
it was really unexpected from them.

i think these will be my scenes (with the super-damaged head for a one-arm figure, of course. this one is set wrong), glad i didn't do anything with all T-1000 figures.
strange how T1's growing damage level made him more and more menacing and robotic, and with T2 it's quite the opposite - the more he gets, the more you fear for him facing the liquid robot.

May have misunderstood you but that second pic has an accurate set up, its just very brief in the film - based on where he cuts the T-1000 in half and then gets his ass kicked some more before the T-1000 rams his head with the steel beam which results in the full BD head.

As to your latter point, yeah thats true. Thats the brilliance of the T-1000 and the way they played the T-800 in the circumstances of this film, that you fear for the T-800 as he gets increasingly beat down.

Thank god they didn't include the part of the script where the T-800 says he is afraid (before being dipped into the molten steel) - that would have been totally wrong. The idea is that we are afraid for him as John would be - however the T-800 itself is not supposed to experience emotion, only come to an awareness and understanding of it in humans.

Invictus Sol
11-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I can see this perspective but personally I'm glad it worked out the way it did. The battle-damaged version exemplifies why I got into 1/6 collecting but on it's own, it's not the definitive T2 T-800 figure, IMO, and really will benefit from being displayed with the clean version. The DX10 was a pass for me before I saw this figure (just hadn't looked at it too closely since the proto pics) so I'd have been very disappointed if this came out after the DX10 sold out.

Kiva
11-18-2012, 04:22 PM
Think of everyone who can't really afford that many HT's. They were probably eye balling DX10 from Santa but now it's the easiest pass in the world. Get something else for x-mas and wait it out.
That is exactly what i was going to do. Ive got plenty of HT's but i keep to one line. But for christmas and my birthday i always go halfs with my parents and buy a one off figure. This would of been my Christmas Hot Toy. But i will wait now.

However i am thinking about buying a body,boots,pants,shirt & DX10 Base so i can kitbash a 2nd figure from the dx13 set. Id hate to waste both BD jackets and head sculpts along with the weapons

DiFabio
11-18-2012, 04:26 PM
Thank god they didn't include the part of the script where the T-800 says he is afraid (before being dipped into the molten steel) - that would have been totally wrong. The idea is that we are afraid for him as John would be - however the T-800 itself is not supposed to experience emotion, only come to an awareness and understanding of it in humans.

That would have sucked. I don't really like "I need a vacation" either, but saying he's afraid would have been really wrong.

Instead of "I need a vacation" they should have taken it out and put in "It has to end here . . . or I am the future".

I remember hearing that line some where, "I am the future". I know it's in the script, but I specifically remember Arnold actually delivering the line. Maybe the Arcade game or something.

Spanbauer
11-18-2012, 04:26 PM
:lol theres nothing wrong with the DX10 sculpt. :dunno
The likeness of the DX10 is fine, but the eyes don't look right at all if he isn't looking straight ahead and the sculpt suffers from the same flat, waxy airbrushed look that all of Hot Toys recent releases have suffered.

P.
11-18-2012, 04:28 PM
that second pic has an accurate set up, its just very brief in the film - based on where he cuts the T-1000 in half and then gets his ass kicked some more before the T-1000 rams his head with the steel beam which results in the full BD head.yeah, i already see i mixed up two scenes. well then i'll have to make a scene that didn't exist, because i really won't have place for the crawling terminator and that seems to be the only way he moves with that full damaged head before T-1000 death :)

Thank god they didn't include the part of the script where the T-800 says he is afraid (before being dipped into the molten steel) - that would have been totally wrong. The idea is that we are afraid for him as John would be - however the T-800 itself is not supposed to experience emotion, only come to an awareness and understanding of it in humans.well if they really went with that "artificial intelligence" thing, it is not incorrect. the machine part is merely a body, while the chip turns into a mind after all that story, and a mind can have emotions. it was an artificial "neural network" or something like that, and that is the closest thing to a real brain.

01:06:50,208 --> 01:06:53,624
My CPU is a neural net processor,
a learning computer.
but i always say that it could not be, because if Skynet's instruments had brains of that complexity (able to gain emotions i mean), Skynet itself as the most advanced of them would become emotional years ago, would understand politics and would come to lots of easier and more cunning ways of destroying people or luring them into a social crisis, or making them fight each other and so on.
as long as the highest CPU was just a dumb computer, his minions could not be smarter.

Johnny Utah
11-18-2012, 04:28 PM
Just want to say I love the sculpts. Reminds me of the Christmasses a few years back when HT showed the first Dutch sculpt, then the one when they showed the MMS117 sculpt. There really is nothing like a figure of Schwarzenegger.

DiFabio
11-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Skynet itself as the most advanced of them would become emotional years ago, would understand politics

But he/it did?

It did get emotional and realized that human beings were dangerous to it's survival and tried too eradicate humanity. It was an emotional response.

T2 was going to have a lot of stuff about Skynet and John Connor in the original future opening. Skynet's facility was going to be pretty elaborate and almost alien/god like in appearance and function, almost like an Eden.

Then let's not forget the T-1000. It literally screams and cries when it falls into the molten steel. I'm positive Skynet was probably "human" in some capacity.

I guess that "Are you afraid", "Yes" exchange might have worked since, being a learning computer it could have learned fear. The T-800 did have files on pain and did have receptors/responses when it was damaged or shot. Who knows.

Solarsailor
11-18-2012, 04:36 PM
However i am thinking about buying a body,boots,pants,shirt & DX10 Base so i can kitbash a 2nd figure from the dx13 set. Id hate to waste both BD jackets and head sculpts along with the weapons

I've always been a keeper of everything in the box but I think now the prices will force me into flipping everything I don't want on Ebay to get the stuff I do want.

If I were you I'd think about flipping all the BD extra's and picking up the DX10 clean figure. You can bet your ass if they made a ton of DX10's they'll be floating around Ebay or stores like a bad smell.

I don't see the point of 2 BD versions on the shelf but everyone's different I guess.

I already have MMS117 and I'm happy with him.

MagnumOpus
11-18-2012, 04:42 PM
"I need a vacation" line makes more sense when sarah & john change the cpu of terminator to act like more human...

snoop101
11-18-2012, 04:43 PM
The likeness of the DX10 is fine, but the eyes don't look right at all if he isn't looking straight ahead and the sculpt suffers from the same flat, waxy airbrushed look that all of Hot Toys recent releases have suffered.

That's the only thing im concerned about. Before HT used to atleast come very close at matching the proto in terms of paint, but these days their figures all have that same soft "dull" looking paint.

P.
11-18-2012, 04:44 PM
hid into a spoiler as an off-topic.
But he/it did?

It did get emotional and realized that human beings were dangerous to it's survival and tried too eradicate humanity. It was an emotional response.

T2 was going to have a lot of stuff about Skynet and John Connor in the original future opening. Skynet's facility was going to be pretty elaborate and almost alien/god like in appearance and function, almost like an Eden.

Then let's not forget the T-1000. It literally screams and cries when it falls into the molten steel. I'm positive Skynet was probably "human" in some capacity.

I guess that "Are you afraid", "Yes" exchange might have worked since, being a learning computer it could have learned fear. The T-800 did have files on pain and did have receptors/responses when it was damaged or shot. Who knows.

well, if you take the T-1000 screams as emotions, you have to accept the T-800 fear and wish for a vacation.
but still the skynet itself thinks of no politics or manipulation => doesn't understand emotions and reflexes of sapient mind => doesn't have them => is just a stupid computer => its robots, if being more complex-minded, would unite and refuse its authority and be as emotional and cunning as in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, working through social skills for or against humans.
there is no sign of it (skynet doesn't want its robots to think - is smarter) => no emotions, T-1000's faces are just a death of "faking emotions software/hardware" or he is one of a kind, the first and the last truly conscious artificial personality, an evolution over skynet that didn't survive.

and yes i've read the script and novel, including parts of skynet being afraid of t-1000 because he is too smart and conscious. maybe later skynet would upgrade itself to that kind of brain, using the T-1000 technology as the new CPU for itself, and would change the fighting methods or even stop the war :)
but at the movie point it should be a clever machine, nothing more.

Platty
11-18-2012, 04:57 PM
I saw T2 first. My mam rented it for me - a new release in '92. My aunt and my cousin had seen it in the cinema and I was intrigued by their stories of 'robots throwing each other through walls'. I was glued to the film, I remember my jaw dropping at the bullet holes closing on the T-1000, and balling my eyes out at the end.

Still my no.1 film of all time. Always will be.

Man this is so similar to my story of when I first saw T2. My uncle gave it to us to watch on Video tape, he never ended up taking it back :lol I still have the sleeve cover to the video! Even that has some significance as I loved the image of him on the back shooting the shotgun with one hand, he looked so badass. I watched it with my mum and sister, we were both young and both balled out eyes out at the end :lol

I remember playing with my Arnie action figure that had some sort of protruding blade from his arm and he had a grey vest on :lol I also had the talking 12" Arnie with the red t-shirt. I guess that's why I like the figures of today by Hot Toys etc, those are what I wanted as a kid. Even then I wanted accuracy.

God knows how many times i've watched it since then. It will always be my favourite film probabaly. I know the T-800 will always be my favoirite character. It never gets old, everytime I watch it I can't miss aything at all - and I can tell you it word for word!

Platty
11-18-2012, 05:03 PM

Yeah. But I love how fearless it makes the T-800 seam. He'll just keep going. The weapons have a similar effect, they make him vulnerable, a shotgun that needs reloading every couple of shots and then when he's scanning for the T-1000 in the steel mill with the M79 and a pistol, they're not gonna do much at that range, I mean you pretty much think the T-1000 is indestructible by this point, yet he still uses them.

snoop101
11-18-2012, 05:15 PM
That would have sucked. I don't really like "I need a vacation" either, but saying he's afraid would have been really wrong.

Instead of "I need a vacation" they should have taken it out and put in "It has to end here . . . or I am the future".

I remember hearing that line some where, "I am the future". I know it's in the script, but I specifically remember Arnold actually delivering the line. Maybe the Arcade game or something.

The " I need a vacation" line never really bothered me. I dont think he was literally saying that he needed a vacation, he was just referencing the amount he had gotten his ass kicked by the T-1000.:lol

MaulFan
11-18-2012, 05:20 PM
It was just another way to humanize the T-800, a real person might say that in the same situation. Growing up on just T2 so a human T-800 was fine for me, I had no image of him from T1 to be tainted.

Johnny Utah
11-18-2012, 05:27 PM
I loved that it came at such a point in his career that Arnie was seen as indestructible; and yet he gets his ass handed to him by a smaller, more lithe Terminator. That scrap in the mall is so awesome mainly for the shot where they both go for the gun at the same time, that look they exchange, then smash each other into walls.

The T-1000 has this look of annoyance, while the T-800 has complete calm. There's a great moment on the DVD of Cameron rehearsing this scene with Arnie and Robert Patrick, he says 'both of you go for it then freeze'.

21 years old. Still as badass as ever.

Lejuan
11-18-2012, 05:31 PM
21 years old. Still as badass as ever.

WTF?! Thanks a lot man. I saw that movie when it first came out in the theatres like, just yesterday :(

a-dev
11-18-2012, 05:49 PM
WTF?! Thanks a lot man. I saw that movie when it first came out in the theatres like, just yesterday :(

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/a_aaa-Spock-to-Captain-Kirk-and-ld.jpg

Lejuan
11-18-2012, 05:53 PM
It certainly does A-Dev :lol

T2 is fresh in the mind like say, Star Wars isn't. I was only a kid when I first saw Star Wars, but an adult when I saw T2. In recent viewings the special effects hold up pretty well for the most part. The only thing that really dates it are the hairstyles. It has dated better than the first Matrix movie imo. 21 years... Oh well.

FDS
11-18-2012, 06:12 PM
Have a question?

Is it me or am i mising some thing?

The BD exclusive is priced at $304.99 and the normal one for $314.99?

Shouldn't that be the other way round or what?:confused:

Kiva
11-18-2012, 06:18 PM
If I were you I'd think about flipping all the BD extra's and picking up the DX10 clean figure. You can bet your ass if they made a ton of DX10's they'll be floating around Ebay or stores like a bad smell.
Thats also a viable option. I parted out accessories from 4 HT RE figures last year (still kept the boxes, figures/hands and a weapon or two) and i was able to buy another full figure and a good chunk towards another. And im pretty sure parting out the lessser BD stuff from DX13 would greatly contribute to a DX10.

These toys are never simple. You have to form a plan before each one.

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/a_aaa-Spock-to-Captain-Kirk-and-ld.jpg

Looks like a-dev has been on a Star Trek binge as of late :lol

TheFiend
11-18-2012, 06:20 PM
Jesus, this thread got huge. Really don't feel like reading all this mess. Anything I miss?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Lejuan
11-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Jesus, this thread got huge. Really don't feel like reading all this mess. Anything I miss?

DX13 is awesome.

siegaard
11-18-2012, 06:47 PM
I have not enough $$$ to buy all these T2 Arnold Terminators!
I even canceled my DX10 order.
The Arnold head from the MMS 117 is it? RULES!!
I bought 2 on ebay
eBay agin:
I bought the real leathers, boots and gray tee yesterday from the DX10.
I bought all the hands and pegs from the DX10.
I will buy a body and the guns guns guns!! LATER Dudes!
I don't need the blood and guts DX13 in my house even though I consider it to be the best version (IF IT HAD THE MMS117 heads!!
I'll sculpt my own Endo/Arnold T2 head. Will it light up? Maybe.
"Nuff Said!
Wayne THE DANE Hansen

Furyan
11-18-2012, 06:47 PM

DX13 is awesome.

That and Im gonna buy one.:blissy

a-dev
11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
Looks like a-dev has been on a Star Trek binge as of late :lol

I had been actually, watched most of the films. I used that meme to something you said recently but it was much more fitting here so I thought I'd use it again :D

snoop101
11-18-2012, 06:48 PM
I bought 2 on ebay
eBay agin:
I don't need the blood and guts DX13 in my house even though I consider it to be the best version (IF IT HAD THE MMS117 heads!!
"Nuff Said!
Wayne THE DANE Hansen

http://alfa.gifs-planet.com/new/3182.gif

joebizz34
11-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Have a question?

This is not a mistake. The local dealer I buy some of my figures through told me that SS is kind of messing with the retailers on this one. They want to make sure that there is more motivation to buy the exclusive directly from their site instead of buying it somewhere else. Since local retailers aren't allowed to carry the exclusives, this puts them at a disadvantage for this one. Also normally retailers can sell the figure at a 10% discount but SS is only allowing a mark down of 8% for this one.

DEATHASYLUM
11-18-2012, 06:53 PM

:lol exactly

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
I had been actually, watched most of the films. I used that meme to something you said recently but it was much more fitting here so I thought I'd use it again :D

I must've missed it then. The last couple you posted were hilarious. :lol

I'd vote that the best ever SSF's gif. Never gets old. :lol

marker2037
11-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Have a question?

It's actually $314.99 MSRP for both. Sideshow just advertised it as $304.99 + $10 flat fee shipping for the exclusive to make it look more enticing to buy from them I suppose :lol

Platty
11-18-2012, 06:55 PM

I'd vote that the best ever SSF's gif. Never gets old. :lolErm...

http://pollexworld.com/anudrake/animated%20gifs/anchorman.gif

DEATHASYLUM
11-18-2012, 06:55 PM
This is not a mistake. The local dealer I buy some of my figures through told me that SS is kind of messing with the retailers on this one. They want to make sure that there is more motivation to buy the exclusive directly from their site instead of buying it somewhere else. Since local retailers aren't allowed to carry the exclusives, this puts them at a disadvantage for this one. Also normally retailers can sell the figure at a 10% discount but SS is only allowing a mark down of 8% for this one.

yep, noticed no deals, so I P.O. this thing at Sideshow.

snoop101
11-18-2012, 06:58 PM

It really doesn't.:lol

DEATHASYLUM
11-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Erm...

Thats good too.:rotfl

MaulFan
11-18-2012, 07:01 PM

Know what else never gets old.

http://www.moviedayatthecourt.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Shake-and-Bake.jpg

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
Erm...

Holy hell, memory lane :(

How dare I forget those classics.

DEATHASYLUM
11-18-2012, 07:03 PM

Shake N Bake......:lol

Invictus Sol
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
...I'd vote that the best ever SSF's gif. Never gets old. :lol
Agreed, it's a great gif. I've always been curious, ever since I first saw it, what interview is this gif from? Just such a funny reaction from Bale I'd like to see it in context.

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Another eternal classic of SSF's ......

http://i25.tinypic.com/2zri2ih.jpg

a-dev
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Another eternal classic of SSF's ......

http://i25.tinypic.com/2zri2ih.jpg

I love that one, for when someone says something terribly incorrect, offensively incorrect.

DEATHASYLUM
11-18-2012, 07:09 PM
:wink1: Never go full.

MaulFan
11-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Holy hell, memory lane :(

How dare I forget those classics.

Well let's really bring back memory lane, I still have it :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8481/8197653205_fdb1816684_o.jpg

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
I love that one, for when someone says something terribly incorrect, offensively incorrect.

:lol exactly.

Well let's really bring back memory lane, I still have it :)

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8481/8197653205_fdb1816684_o.jpg

:lol I spent 10 mins looking for that! :rock

TheFiend
11-18-2012, 07:48 PM
DX13 is awesome.

I'll take that. :rock

I bought 2 on ebay
eBay agin:
"Nuff Said!
Wayne THE DANE Hansen

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/thefiendclub1/Forum%20stuff/areyouretaded.gif

Aaaaand there it is. :lol

This one is still my favorite. If used right it can be hilarious.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd494/thefiendclub1/Forum%20stuff/Bertgif.gif

a-dev
11-18-2012, 08:03 PM
I have never spent so much time on page one of a HT thread before. Those pics continue to astound.

Blade3327
11-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Erm...

They rev my engine, but they don't belong in this thread.

Lejuan
11-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Another SSF favourite - the courier has just come-a-knockin' with my much-anticipated and most-awesome package gif:

http://www.weakstream.us/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/italian-spiderman.gif

KneelBeforrSmallville
11-18-2012, 08:17 PM
This figure looks amazing, Hot Toys best debut in a long time IMO.

I really hope they do a John Conner figure, Eddy Furlong headsculpt and all!

a-dev
11-18-2012, 08:20 PM
This figure looks amazing, Hot Toys best debut in a long time IMO.

I really hope they do a John Conner figure, Eddy Furlong headsculpt and all!

I really wish too. My Pescadero scene is incomplete without him and so too incomplete will be the steel mill scenes with BD T-800, doll hair Sarah Connor and steel mill dressed T-1000.

marker2037
11-18-2012, 08:35 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UUBBVvfBUcM/T1t8Zi673mI/AAAAAAAAA0c/uEdZ-PA4IpI/s280/homer-simpson-bush-gif.gif

TheFiend
11-18-2012, 08:46 PM
I have never spent so much time on page one of a HT thread before. Those pics continue to astound.

Yeah, same here. I almost forgot I bought DX10 two days ago because all I've been thinking about is this. This is a figure I'm getting that old excited feeling back again for. Don't get me wrong there are a lot of figures that I've been pumped for but this has been a long time waiting. Last ones I remember being this excited over were MMS117 and Keaton DX.

The Skull
11-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I'm a happy collector these days, super happy with my dx10, can't wait to get my hands on this dx13, and hoping to see a new 1:6 T-800 endo revealed soon. This is a great time to be collecting and a bad time for my wallet:panic: I want some other figures from terminator like a new kyle reese and police shootout from t1 but I need a new chromed out endo to really be satisfyed with my terminator collection.

P.
11-18-2012, 09:36 PM
just noticed something...

1) DX10.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/483131_441272125934783_501021561_n.jpg

there is hair around the chip cover. and the cut line reveals the chip cover completely. i'll call it a "round" in the next phrase.

2) DX13, supposed to be the same terminator.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/533501_10151123439667344_743654215_n.jpg

the "round" is half-covered with forehead skin, not head hair. and there is no sign of a cut.

if it was the same in the movie, it's lame. well if it wasn't, it's same lame.
or Sarah Connor really destroyed the chip with a hammer, and the Resistance had to send another one really quickly as a replacement :)

or it's just a photo perspective and i do not see the fully revealed "round" behind the thick skin layer.

or, looking at the movie shots...

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8194311172_fe14e020b2_o.jpg

...i guess it has to be assumed that his skin, once torn, moves freely around the skull: different positions on different photos.

Valfar
11-18-2012, 09:44 PM
It's a movie..FFS.

Look at the endo eye on the actor in the movie at the end, looks nothing like the real T-800 eye on the endoskeletons without flesh in T1/future scenes etc.

Can't get all OCD about **** like this though..or fantasize excuses for dated make up jobs. XD

I never understood this type of nitpicking...its ****in make up from long ago...looks good and looked convincing enough then as it does now IMO.

Mr. EcKo
11-18-2012, 09:54 PM
Because the chip removal was a deleted scene , so they didn't have to follow the rules , never made it into the actual film

P.
11-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I never understood this type of nitpicking.i never understood what was before the big bang. find me commenting it? :)

Because the chip removal was a deleted scene , so they didn't have to follow the rules , never made it into the actual filmi didn't realise it.
well let's see if HT engineers remember their previous head and ask themselves that question. after they added skeleton parts to a human body, i believe they can do anything.

PopCultKid
11-18-2012, 09:56 PM
That's a good eye P. It bugged you that it wasn't lining up right between the two figs. I appreciate a man with an OCD eye for detail :lol

I think what the deal really is is the DX13 is more screen accurate but in order to pull it off and hide the seam on the DX10, they had to do it all within the hair or you'd see the seam on the skin. Also I believe that's the way it went down in the flick too. His forehead wasn't cut to reveal the chamber

PopCultKid
11-18-2012, 09:58 PM
Because the chip removal was a deleted scene , so they didn't have to follow the rules , never made it into the actual film

Yea? Hmmm. IDK because I didn't catch it in theaters but it's in the Blu Ray

Valfar
11-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Yea? Hmmm. IDK because I didn't catch it in theaters but it's in the Blu Ray

Blu Ray menu lists Theatrical Edition or Special Edition..you have to choose one before starting the movie..i hated the Reese scene, glad it was left out though, if it were left in the final cut back in 91, being 11yrs old i wouldn't really have cared as much because the movie was even more exciting on the first viewing.

Voorhees27
11-18-2012, 10:08 PM
It's a movie..FFS.

Look at the endo eye on the actor in the movie at the end, looks nothing like the real T-800 eye on the endoskeletons without flesh in T1/future scenes etc.

Can't get all OCD about **** like this though..or fantasize excuses for dated make up jobs. XD

I never understood this type of nitpicking...its ****in make up from long ago...looks good and looked convincing enough then as it does now IMO.

First consider the derp that's nitpicking. All else will make sense.

PopCultKid
11-18-2012, 10:10 PM
I'm watching the special ed. now :). This figs have me pumped but I gotta say, I'm a part 1 guy first and foremost

P.
11-18-2012, 10:13 PM
This figs have me pumped but I gotta say, I'm a part 1 guy first and foremosta-dev or Riddick can remember what an anti-t2 person i was, but they wouldn't believe how radically i changed my mind after seeing the photos from the first page :lol

Valfar
11-18-2012, 10:14 PM
This was really the only scene that makes me laugh at how bad it was when watching T2 on Blu Ray...

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6236/10786565.png

That Christopher Reeve on that Fatboy?, Fred Savage on the dirt bike. XD

P.
11-18-2012, 10:26 PM
That Christopher Reeve on that Fatboy?that may be Peter Kent, Schwarzenegger's double, in an Arnold rubber mask.
but you surely know there were dubles, sorry :)

Mr. EcKo
11-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Infinite loading , can't see the pic

PopCultKid
11-18-2012, 10:30 PM
This was really the only scene that makes me laugh at how bad it was when watching T2 on Blu Ray...

HD/BR has destroyed history :lol

Valfar
11-18-2012, 10:31 PM
that may be Peter Kent, Schwarzenegger's double, in an Arnold rubber mask.
but you surely know there were dubles, sorry :)

Yes but, this is more obvious and laughable then what you are OCD'ing over. :)

Darth_Calibrate
11-18-2012, 10:53 PM
can't stop looking at those pics, why couldn't they announce it later so i wouldn't be waiting so long you bastards!

The Skull
11-18-2012, 10:54 PM
I'm watching the special ed. now :). This figs have me pumped but I gotta say, I'm a part 1 guy first and foremost

I got some time off this week and have been planning on re-watching t-2 ever since getting the dx10, I will get to it tommorrow. I love both t1 and t2, not so much t3 but t4 wasn't bad.

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 11:11 PM
:rotfl
Your story sounds frustrating - being told to go to bed right at the police shootout scene? I hope you lodged a formal protest.

I don't have a story, I mentioned that I can't remember when I first saw the films. All I remember is badly wanting toys from T2 and I remember the day I got the Kenner endoskeleton and the halfman half liquid metal T-1000. I never owned one of the ''Arnie'' kenner figures funnily enough. Other than that I remember me and my friend at the time acting out the fight scenes in T2, usually me as the T-1000 because I was smaller.

I did, I asked to be up just a little bit more, caused I loved the movie so far.

Well...to be exact I didnīt ask as a kid...I thouroughly begged.

May have misunderstood you but that second pic has an accurate set up, its just very brief in the film - based on where he cuts the T-1000 in half and then gets his ass kicked some more before the T-1000 rams his head with the steel beam which results in the full BD head.

As to your latter point, yeah thats true. Thats the brilliance of the T-1000 and the way they played the T-800 in the circumstances of this film, that you fear for the T-800 as he gets increasingly beat down.

yeah, i already see i mixed up two scenes. well then i'll have to make a scene that didn't exist, because i really won't have place for the crawling terminator and that seems to be the only way he moves with that full damaged head before T-1000 death :)

well if they really went with that "artificial intelligence" thing, it is not incorrect. the machine part is merely a body, while the chip turns into a mind after all that story, and a mind can have emotions. it was an artificial "neural network" or something like that, and that is the closest thing to a real brain.

but i always say that it could not be, because if Skynet's instruments had brains of that complexity (able to gain emotions i mean), Skynet itself as the most advanced of them would become emotional years ago, would understand politics and would come to lots of easier and more cunning ways of destroying people or luring them into a social crisis, or making them fight each other and so on.
as long as the highest CPU was just a dumb computer, his minions could not be smarter.

Same thing I think.
If he understood why humans cry and even makes jokes out of desperate situations ("I need a vacation", he could absolutely learn even more and would become a fully flegded being, instead of only being a machine understanding humans.

Damn, I still need the novels.
Never having been able to get a hold of it, so far.

hid into a spoiler as an off-topic.

well, if you take the T-1000 screams as emotions, you have to accept the T-800 fear and wish for a vacation.
but still the skynet itself thinks of no politics or manipulation => doesn't understand emotions and reflexes of sapient mind => doesn't have them => is just a stupid computer => its robots, if being more complex-minded, would unite and refuse its authority and be as emotional and cunning as in the Sarah Connor Chronicles, working through social skills for or against humans.
there is no sign of it (skynet doesn't want its robots to think - is smarter) => no emotions, T-1000's faces are just a death of "faking emotions software/hardware" or he is one of a kind, the first and the last truly conscious artificial personality, an evolution over skynet that didn't survive.

and yes i've read the script and novel, including parts of skynet being afraid of t-1000 because he is too smart and conscious. maybe later skynet would upgrade itself to that kind of brain, using the T-1000 technology as the new CPU for itself, and would change the fighting methods or even stop the war :)
but at the movie point it should be a clever machine, nothing more.

Nah, I could actually see myself believing that pre-production was THAT co-op that Cameron would REALLY know whats in the novel and maybe said that itīs good to be written down in the novel, but it hasnīt the same place/area/space in the movie. Like it wouldnīt have been possible to be included in the movie and all that Cameron was able to do is giving those little hints to the T-1000īs self-concience.

I just love these boards.

Same here...totally.
Canīt wait to get this.
I still love looking at my desktop and every pic here that gets quoted!!!

With all that: good morning, guys.

:1-1:

Gipetto0812
11-18-2012, 11:31 PM
have hi res pics shown up yet? this thread is moving so fast! :lol

kajobaldisimo
11-18-2012, 11:35 PM
yep. this is why i'm keeping the mms and passing on the new dx.

i've waited for this bd version long enough.

hot toys, you sneaky basterds, thank you.

EndoSickness
11-18-2012, 11:41 PM
Just saw that my Wallpaper don't come with full resolution, so I just give you guys the links:

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Raenius101/HT_T2_DX_BD_1280.jpg

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Raenius101/HT_T2_DX_BD_1920.jpg

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 12:05 AM
a-dev or Riddick can remember what an anti-t2 person i was, but they wouldn't believe how radically i changed my mind after seeing the photos from the first page :lol

Why are you anti-T2? Just curious.

STEN475
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
I'm glad I got the MMS T2 as this upcoming BD version looks so similar to the DX.

cokebabies
11-19-2012, 01:01 AM

High Quality :lol

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5639/642szq.png

Mr Walker
11-19-2012, 01:05 AM
I keep looking at it. I keep wanting to really like it, but can't. The HS is about 20 years too young, the endo details under the BD are just not right. :(

I implore everyone, make this a better HT by letting HT know.

I can understand certain liberties being taken to resolve joint articulation issues, but really, it's disappointing. I don't want to crap on anyone's parade here, I understand the excitement, but it could be so much better. HT have shown they have the talent on the roster, they just don't appear to have the will.

Lejuan
11-19-2012, 01:37 AM
I keep looking at it. I keep wanting to really like it, but can't. The HS is about 20 years too young, the endo details under the BD are just not right. :(

I can understand certain liberties being taken to resolve joint articulation issues, but really, it's disappointing. I don't want to crap on anyone's parade here, I understand the excitement, but it could be so much better. HT have shown they have the talent on the roster, they just don't appear to have the will.

http://img4.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-terminator-smile-392394.gif

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 01:52 AM

Looks kinda like Jean Cleade Van Damme.

Keep in mind this is only the proto. They've improved on most of the protos recently, at least the figures I bought. As far as likeness I have no issues but they could adjust the endo stuff a bit. But honestly if this is what I got I'd be happy.

Solarsailor
11-19-2012, 01:54 AM

Too late for that mate. This would have been made in unison with the DX10 as a cost saver. A true double dip if ever there was one.

This won't get changed one bit, I'd be surprised if it did.

Saying that the LED sculpt it's much better than the DX10 IMO. The battle damage kind of takes your eye away.

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 02:02 AM
They change the proto a lot. :dunno

Solarsailor
11-19-2012, 02:07 AM
They change the proto a lot. :dunno

I don't think there will be a proto. I think Hot Toys probably made this in unison with DX10 (or got onto it straight afterwards). If you were a business you don't sell everything at once, you let it out in drips and drabs to keep money turning over.

If I was making 2 versions of the same thing, with the same clothing and minor changes, I wouldn't set up another system of work in 6 months time, I'd just churn them all out now.

Just a guess but the timing would indicate these things are being made now IMO.

toyrewind
11-19-2012, 02:50 AM
Po'd at $250 :yess:

siquisiri
11-19-2012, 02:54 AM
Po'd at $250 :yess:

info please!!!!!

jutty
11-19-2012, 04:13 AM
damn,atm i only for $20.50 in points to add..luke points need to hit still

P.
11-19-2012, 04:43 AM
Why are you anti-T2? Just curious.because it turned a perfectly frightening robot into a kid's friend, that was a character murder :)

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 04:53 AM
because it turned a perfectly frightening robot into a kid's friend, that was a character murder :)

Eh, I guess that's one way to look at it. Two different cyborgs though. T-800 is still scary whenever I see it regardless of T2. Personally, I prefer T2 to T1. Better acting, better FX and a more wholly satisfying story.

Valfar
11-19-2012, 05:35 AM
because it turned a perfectly frightening robot into a kid's friend, that was a character murder :)

I would say this T-800 in T2 was pretty threatening for being reprogramed as a protector, i mean he was still firing at people to injure,stabbing, and throwing people all over the place with ease, would have easily killed people if it were not for John Connor's order.

T-1000 was obviously a more effective infiltrator/steathly killing machine, i'd say just as or if not more scary then the T-800.

a-dev
11-19-2012, 06:07 AM

Not sure I agree that he looks too young - certainly not 20 years too young. But maybe I'm just relieved he no longer looks too old like MMS117.

As regards the endo details - I've been more aware of the fact that the shape of the torn away flesh (and thus the areas of endo it exposes) is not fully correct on the full BD head. Theres certainly some innaccuracy there, a lot of which I wouldn't put down to any particular good reason. But are you saying that some of the details of the actual endoskull are wrong?

slipknotpredator
11-19-2012, 06:14 AM
But are you saying that some of the details of the actual endoskull are wrong?

This part...

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp4fbd1be2e4c058.05360431/Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wiiiQ.jpg

Cap'n Cook
11-19-2012, 06:16 AM
This part...

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp4fbd1be2e4c058.05360431/Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wiiiQ.jpg

OMG. Cancelled.

P.
11-19-2012, 06:22 AM
Eh, I guess that's one way to look at it. Two different cyborgs though. T-800 is still scary whenever I see it regardless of T2.i didn't mean that by the word "character". well that's not the topic so i'll cover it not to bother others.
i'd better use a word "effect" or "phenomenon". a piece of a crazy future where mindless mechanics hunt people to extinction. a cyborg as an example of that inhuman replacement of humans.
turning that "phenomenon" into a kid's friend killed the atmosphere for me. all the rest i agree - more complex script, far better acting and better effects.
but, i don't know if you know that, nothing in T2 was new. according to the interviews i read it is based on not-used T1 material, cut from filming due to the budget. including the cyberdyne attack and a liquid robot.
well, you asked, i answered, and let's not return to that :)

This part...

http://i.imgur.com/wiiiQ.jpgbut that part is not a wrong endoskeleton part, it's a wrong flesh wound shape :)

Voorhees27
11-19-2012, 06:46 AM
OMG. Cancelled.

:panic::panic::panic:

PopCultKid
11-19-2012, 06:48 AM
I don't want to harp on the T1 vs. T2 thing either but I have to agree.

T1 is a lot more rigid to me. T2 is still a great continuation of the story and a better quality movie in ways that a bigger budget improves. But IMO it lost all of it's grittiness because of the way they approached John and the T-800's relationship; learning and teaching about smiling and crying and all of that. It lost a bit of its edge and became more family friendly to me. Still cool and goes down in the books as a ground breaking effort in special effects for its error, and advanced the genre as a whole.

stshammgod
11-19-2012, 06:51 AM
But he/it did?

I always interpreted that as calculating various scenarios where it determined that in every one, humans would eventually try and destroy it. A preemptive attack was the only logical answer based on all its' calculations.

It's data. Whether it's called "pain" or "fear" or whatever, it's still enormous amounts of data.

There are no emotions, just look at the T-1000's cold stare...

Cap'n Cook
11-19-2012, 06:51 AM
:panic::panic::panic:

:panic:

Actually, I'm not going to cancel. Just going to set it on fire when it arrives. Will boil some Irn-Bru on the hob and lower it in.

P.
11-19-2012, 07:06 AM
I always interpreted that as calculating various scenarios where it determined that in every one, humans would eventually try and destroy it. A preemptive attack was the only logical answer based on all its' calculations....and according to T1 script...
There was a war.
And it devastated the Earth.
Our weapons and their weapons were unleashed against their
makers by a third and unexpected player. The artificial
intelligence which had been created to control the bombers
and launch the missiles with their nukes and chemicals and
germs... the computer entrusted with that grave
responsibility one day decided to have done with the folly
that was Man and create real order and real intelligence
on the planet for the first time.
Machine intelligence.
Humans were obsolete.
http://terminatorium.net/Archives/t1_1versionscript.txt
no pain, no fear, no remorse.
calculation :)
that's another thing lost in T2 with that "panicking skynet".

a-dev
11-19-2012, 07:18 AM
I don't want to harp on the T1 vs. T2 thing either but I have to agree.

T1 is a lot more rigid to me. T2 is still a great continuation of the story and a better quality movie in ways that a bigger budget improves. But IMO it lost all of it's grittiness because of the way they approached John and the T-800's relationship; learning and teaching about smiling and crying and all of that. It lost a bit of its edge and became more family friendly to me. Still cool and goes down in the books as a ground breaking effort in special effects for its error, and advanced the genre as a whole.

I can't think of any other way to approach the 'boy and his Terminator' story. At least nothing better than what was put on screen. Perhaps T2's strength is, prepare your sick bucket, its heart and emotion - and maybe theres nothing wrong with that. T1 - edginess. T2 - heart. I think the 2 films co-exist pretty well.

I always interpreted that as calculating various scenarios where it determined that in every one, humans would eventually try and destroy it. A preemptive attack was the only logical answer based on all its' calculations.

It's data. Whether it's called "pain" or "fear" or whatever, it's still enormous amounts of data.

There are no emotions, just look at the T-1000's cold stare...

Yeah I'd agree with this. I don't think Skynet made any decision as an emotional response, it was all just cold Vulcan logic. And thats the impression I got from the way Kyle Reese told it in T1.

:panic:

Actually, I'm not going to cancel. Just going to set it on fire when it arrives. Will boil some Irn-Bru on the hob and lower it in.

^a movie accurate display. Be sure to have the thumbsup hand sticking up.

Shinji
11-19-2012, 07:25 AM
have hi res pics shown up yet? this thread is moving so fast! :lol

hi res pics are on the hot toys homepage

http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=152

a-dev
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
...and according to T1 script...
http://terminatorium.net/Archives/t1_1versionscript.txt
no pain, no fear, no remorse.
calculation :)
that's another thing lost in T2 with that "panicking skynet".

If you're thinking of that line ''in the panic, they tried to pull the plug'' - the T-800 was referring to humans, not skynet.

P.
11-19-2012, 07:42 AM
If you're thinking of that line ''in the panic, they tried to pull the plug''no i don't.
i mean that in t2 skynet saw humans as a threat and wanted to survive while in t1 it wanted to store order and delete the chaos (humans).

different social thoughts in 80s and 90s, i guess. i don't remember them, i was little and lived in a country where people are goats seeking for a shepherd, so no "social thoughts" could be taken into consideration.

have you read the original story "Second Variety" by Philip K. ****, written in sixties, where there was a war between americans and asians?
later it turned into the movie "Screamers" with Peter Weller, and there was no such conflict already. no politics there.

same for T1 "hitler skynet" and t2 "misunderstood skynet", i guess.

p.s. mwahaha, i cannot write his name here, it becomes censored :D

a screenshot of the name:

http://s018.radikal.ru/i507/1211/23/835cf93580c8.jpg

Cap'n Cook
11-19-2012, 07:49 AM
^a movie accurate display. Be sure to have the thumbsup hand sticking up.

:duff

a-dev
11-19-2012, 08:03 AM
no i don't.
i mean that in t2 skynet saw humans as a threat and wanted to survive while in t1 it wanted to store order and delete the chaos (humans).

This warrants a new look at those scenes in each of the films. I could say that Kyle Reese was giving the human perspective while the T-800 was giving the machine perspective but if that were the case one might expect Reese to be inferring the former and the T-800 the latter.

I haven't read the book you mention, no.

P.
11-19-2012, 08:10 AM
I could say that Kyle Reese was giving the human perspective while the T-800 was giving the machine perspective but if that were the case one might expect Reese to be inferring the former and the T-800 the latter.and i could say that, as it is not a quote from Kyle Reese, but a narrator's view (check the script link), and Cameron was the narrator, it is what he thought those days when he wrote "nobody else comes through".
later he forgave himself for money and people forgave him for a new terminator side :)
and today i forgive everything for a figure from the first page :)

controversy2002
11-19-2012, 08:11 AM
This is the real one:

http://sphotos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/179466_10150091467225772_4470169_n.jpg

Piston not accurate...:slap

a-dev
11-19-2012, 08:15 AM
and i could say that, as it is not a quote from Kyle Reese, but a narrator's view (check the script link), and Cameron was the narrator, it is what he thought those days when he wrote "nobody else comes through".
later he forgave himself for money and people forgave him for a new terminator side :)
and today i forgive everything for a figure from the first page :)

I like the way you ended that. I concur. All is rendered insignificant by page one of this thread.

P.
11-19-2012, 08:19 AM
:D
yeah. when i saw those images, something melted in me for T2 )))

a-dev
11-19-2012, 08:29 AM
:D
yeah. when i saw those images, something melted in me for T2 )))

And with this the T1 equivalent once again seems highly likely. At least now we know for sure there isn't (if there ever was) anything barring HT from doing BD T-800s.

P.
11-19-2012, 08:34 AM
let it better be later. i still have to collect money for BDT2 after urgent buying of several intact T2s.
if they start producing T1s, i don't know what to do )

HottoyzJoker
11-19-2012, 08:40 AM
Now lets talk about a BD/Shoot Out DX form T1 Hot Toys...

a-dev
11-19-2012, 08:40 AM
let it better be later. i still have to collect money for BDT2 after urgent buying of several intact T2s.
if they start producing T1s, i don't know what to do )

Same. I genuinely want no further T-related announcements till Summer next year at the earliest.

DX10
DX13
Endo 1:4
EB BD T-800

announced but not shown or only teased:

Police Shootout 1:4
EB Endoskeleton 1:4

Robocop
ED-209
Cain

Thats already a lot to potentially come out next year. I'll really be pushing me luck if I can manage all of that in my present circumstances.

Cap'n Cook
11-19-2012, 09:23 AM
Man I hope we get a t1 shoot out ver and Kyle reese in 1/6. :drool

Overdue.

Johnny Utah
11-19-2012, 09:44 AM
I've a feeling this is the tip of the iceberg for classic properties from HT.

Khev
11-19-2012, 09:57 AM
It's great reading all the trips down memory lane as to how people first experienced these movies. Back in '91 I was 17 and on a kick to never watch trailers for movies I was really looking forward to after I had seen Die Hard in the theater totally cold. I literally had not seen one solitary second of footage, I just saw a poster of Bruce Willis holding a gun with the title "Die Hard" and assumed it would be some average shoot 'em up with the guy from Moonlighting so I went with my dad to a late night showing in the middle of the week.

I didn't know there would be a building involved, "terrorists," nothing. And it was amazing! Trailers so often just give you the flow of the whole movie and which "money shots" to anticipate when you finally watch the film. I'd never seen a theatrical movie 100% cold until Die Hard so I tried hard whenever possible to replicate that experience.

Well getting back to Terminator 2 I almost pulled it off. I did see the "assembly line" teaser which gave nothing away and then the first trailer with the semi crashing down into the canal. It showed some action and some shapeshifting metal guy entering a helicopter but I still assumed that Arnold was the bad guy. This was further established when I saw a quick TV spot (before frantically changing the channel) that featured Reese telling Sarah "You've got to save our son." I could only assume that the new shapeshifting Terminator came back as her former lover! I was fully expecting Reese to be fighting the Terminator again. :lol

So fast forward to opening night in the theater and the T-800 is seemingly killing the bikers in the bar just like when he needed clothes in the first movie but something happened as the two terminators approached John in the mall. Something about that good guy "Reese" Terminator that seemed slightly off, even sinister. And then Arnold busted through the doors with the roses and he started slowly cocking his gun and I literally remember sitting in the theater thinking, "wait a minute, he's gonna tell John to get down" and my mouth damn near hit the floor when he actually did!

I was so reeling for the next 120 minutes that my entire perspective of the movie had been so radically turned upside down. I had no idea where the story was going and was thrilled to see, in the same moment as John Connor, that Arnold was there to kick ass for good. The rest of the movie became one giant "Han Solo shoots at Vader's TIE Fighter" moment. And it just kept delivering and delivering and delivering.

I've ripped on the movie quite a bit for sanitizing the terminator and weakening the narrative set forth in T1 and having a "cute kid" and all that but it remains to this day one of the most profound cinematic experiences of my life.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-19-2012, 10:05 AM
Great story Khev! :)

I was also 17 when I saw T2 for the first time back in 1991 /1992 - IN THE THEATER.. yep in the theater. :D

Thing was, I went with some older friends who invited me along, & I had no real attachment to the character - or the first film, at that stage. I was wowed beyond words though - amazing film then AND now. So glad I went with those guys that day. :cool:

After the film, one of the things I remember distinctly was the stand up shooter game that was EVERYONE'S favorite video game at the time. "NO WAY HOSEA." :lol

Rzeznikk
11-19-2012, 10:05 AM

You should watch Clipperkings review video. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

DiFabio
11-19-2012, 10:13 AM
It's great reading all the trips down memory lane as to how people first experienced these movies. Back in '91 I was 17 and on a kick to never watch trailers for movies I was really looking forward to after I had seen Die Hard in the theater totally cold. I literally had not seen one solitary second of footage, I just saw a poster of Bruce Willis holding a gun with the title "Die Hard" and assumed it would be some average shoot 'em up with the guy from Moonlighting so I went with my dad to a late night showing in the middle of the week.

I didn't know there would be a building involved, "terrorists," nothing. And it was amazing! Trailers so often just give you the flow of the whole movie and which "money shots" to anticipate when you finally watch the film. I'd never seen a theatrical movie 100% cold until Die Hard so I tried hard whenever possible to replicate that experience.

Well getting back to Terminator 2 I almost pulled it off. I did see the "assembly line" teaser which gave nothing away and then the first trailer with the semi crashing down into the canal. It showed some action and some shape shifting metal guy entering a helicopter but I still assumed that Arnold was the bad guy. This was further established when I saw a quick TV spot (before frantically changing the channel) that featured Reese telling Sarah "You've got to save our son." I could only assume that the new shapeshifting Terminator came back as her former lover! I was fully expecting Reese to be fighting the Terminator again. :lol

So fast forward to opening night in the theater and the T-800 is seemingly killing the bikers in the bar just like when he needed clothes in the first movie but something happened as the two terminators approached John in the mall. Something about that good guy "Reese" Terminator that seemed slightly off, even sinister. And then Arnold busted through the doors with the roses and he started slowly cocking his gun and I literally remember sitting in the theater thinking, "wait a minute, he's gonna tell John to get down" and my mouth damn near hit the floor when he actually did!

I was so reeling for the next 120 minutes that my entire perspective of the movie had been so radically turned upside down. I had no idea where the story was going and was thrilled to see, in the same moment as John Connor, that Arnold was there to kick ass for good. The rest of the movie became one giant "Han Solo shoots at Vader's TIE Fighter" moment. And it just kept delivering and delivering and delivering.

I've ripped on the movie quite a bit for sanitizing the terminator and weakening the narrative set forth in T1 and having a "cute kid" and all that but it remains to this day one of the most profound cinematic experiences of my life.

Great story.

I wish I went in cold but I knew that the Terminator was the good guy and the T-1000 was bad. "This time there are two, Terminator 2".

The original "Building a better Arnold" assembly line teaser trailer is probably my favorite movie trailer of all time. It gives nothing away and it was just so damn exciting. From the mood, the music and the quote grab from the original Terminator, it just really appealed to me. Still does.

At that point I thought he was bad (who wouldn't). It would have been going in expecting another Arnold baddy only to be surprised in the mall hallway. The build up to that scene is still intense though and sometimes I do try and imagine it with the T-800 as the villain (in the bar, looking for John) and the T-1000 as a hero disguised as a friendly cop.

I love that exchange too when the T-1000 pulls up to the Voight's. He seems casual and friendly, "are you the legal guardian of John Connor"? I also love how in that same scene, the T-800 had been there earlier in the day doing the exact same thing. "Some big guy on a bike."

a-dev
11-19-2012, 10:16 AM
I had no idea where the story was going and was thrilled to see, in the same moment as John Connor, that Arnold was there to kick ass for good.

Damn. I never had that. At least I don't remember it.

You should watch Clipperkings review video. :)

Amazing the opposite viewpoints. Referring to the post you quoted I would have said if there were any wierd looking shots of DX10 its where the eyes are looking straight ahead.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-19-2012, 10:18 AM
Another really cool thing at the time, was the tie-in with Guns n' Roses & their video for 'You Could Be Mine'; the great song itself, snippets of the film throughout the clip, right down to Arnold showing up (in character) at the Gunners' gig - scanning the crowd & surroundings for his target.

Awesome!! :rock :lol

a-dev
11-19-2012, 10:20 AM
I also love how in that same scene, the T-800 had been there earlier in the day doing the exact same thing. "Some big guy on a bike."

and T-1000s reaction to that. That look he gives and 'no. I wouldn't worry about him'.

cokebabies
11-19-2012, 10:23 AM
I love that exchange too when the T-1000 pulls up to the Voight's. He seems casual and friendly, "are you the legal guardian of John Connor"? I also love how in that same scene, the T-800 had been there earlier in the day doing the exact same thing. "Some big guy on a bike."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myiE_3MyMmo

Rzeznikk
11-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Great story.

I wish I went in cold but I knew that the Terminator was the good guy and the T-1000 was bad. "This time there are two, Terminator 2".

The original "Building a better Arnold" assembly line teaser trailer is probably my favorite movie trailer of all time. It gives nothing away and it was just so damn exciting. From the mood, the music and the quote grab from the original Terminator, it just really appealed to me. Still does.

At that point I thought he was bad (who wouldn't). It would have been going in expecting another Arnold baddy only to be surprised in the mall hallway. The build up to that scene is still intense though and sometimes I do try and imagine it with the T-800 as the villain (in the bar, looking for John) and the T-1000 as a hero disguised as a friendly cop.

I was 10 when T2 came out so I never got that experience "going in cold". The first time I got to see the film was a year later on VHS and so the cat was out of the bag. Every now and then I think about what it must of been like to see that hall way scene without knowing. Same goes for Empire Strikes Back. Growing up watching those movies and not remembering the first HoLY **** moment. :lol

a-dev
11-19-2012, 10:27 AM
It shouldn't have been particularly surprising really. I mean by that point Arnie had mainly played hero roles hadn't he? I'm sure a lot of people guessed he'd be the good guy this time.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-19-2012, 10:28 AM
I remember the "..trust me.." clip was used heavily in some of the marketing too.

Made you wonder.. :lol

a-dev
11-19-2012, 10:31 AM
I remember the "..trust me.." clip was used heavily in some of the marketing too.

Made you wonder.. :lol

That should have been a dead give-away. He smirks in that part too. Bad T-800 just wouldn't have done that.

DiFabio
11-19-2012, 10:33 AM
It shouldn't have been particularly surprising really. I mean by that point Arnie had mainly played hero roles hadn't he? I'm sure a lot of people guessed he'd be the good guy this time.

When I saw the teaser. I thought he might be a villain, but in the back of my mind, I knew something was up.

He only played heroes and this "new cop character" and "this time ther are two" were dead give aways.

Like Vintij said, "Trust me" and "Hasta la Vista Baby" were also heavily marketed. :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
11-19-2012, 10:34 AM
That should have been a dead give-away. He smirks in that part too. Bad T-800 just wouldn't have done that.
Well.. sorry. :pfft: :lol

Like I said earlier, I don't think I'd even seen the first film back in 91, so..

Anyway - who's to say they hadn't upgraded the T-800's protocol parameters by the second film. :huh

Dollmanron
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
My wife and I went to the theater to see the movie, but when it came out on VHS I bought a copy to watch at home. My daughter was very little, but I was such a big Arnold fan she had already seen him in several films and knew who he was. We watched the movie with her and in the end when he gets lowered into the molten steel (dies) she starts to cry her eyes out because she thinks "Arnold really does die". My wife and I had to keep reminding her that movies are all make believe and that Arnold was OK and that she would see him again in another movie; it took about 10 minutes.

I miss my daughter being a little girl; she’s 24 and getting married next year.

a-dev
11-19-2012, 10:35 AM
Well.. sorry. :pfft: :lol

Like I said earlier, I don't think I'd even seen the first film back in 91, so.. :huh

To quote the tagline: Its nothing personal

seriously I didn't mean that as a jab at you. :lol

VintijDroidGutzz
11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
To quote the tagline: Its nothing personal

seriously I didn't mean that as a jab at you. :lol
Of course mate. :lol

I just felt that the raspberry was in order - been a while since I've used it. :lol

MaulFan
11-19-2012, 01:04 PM
While it's vaguely shown, T-1000 sneaking up on and killing the cop seems more villain than waking into a bar and stealing someone's clothes and bike while minimizing harm to them. Plus you don't typically find movies unveiling a villain like the Bad to the Bone shot. If Cameron wanted people to question who's good and bad, the marketing and editing needed a lot of work. It does seen like he wanted to but to be so off from really setting that up well seems unlike him.

Kuzeh
11-19-2012, 01:34 PM
High Quality :lol

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5639/642szq.png

:lol:lol:lol

That's awesome!
One scene that always bugged me, even when I saw T2 in theaters was the dummy-T1000 hanging from the police car during the Pescadero scape scene... it looks so bad!! :rotfl

Check @ around 4:40

http://youtu.be/MCyjDcxjnqY

Bucky Underbelly
11-19-2012, 01:39 PM
While it's vaguely shown, T-1000 sneaking up on and killing the cop seems more villain than waking into a bar and stealing someone's clothes and bike while minimizing harm to them. Plus you don't typically find movies unveiling a villain like the Bad to the Bone shot. If Cameron wanted people to question who's good and bad, the marketing and editing needed a lot of work. It does seen like he wanted to but to be so off from really setting that up well seems unlike him.

Agreed.

Man, that Bad to the Bone bit really bugged the crap out of me when I saw the movie in the theater back in the day. Still bothers me today. So campy and silly. So many amazing and awesome things in this movie, but the comedy really bumps me. I've always wished somebody would do an unofficial re-cut of the movie. Yeah, it's Cameron's movie, but if I was king of the world, my ideal version would only make a few tiny changes ... mostly trimming out the jokes. (Imagine how cool that opening T800 sequence would be if the classic Terminator theme was playing during that moment instead of Bad to the Bone.) (I'd also re-dub John's voice with a different actor. :lol)

But adding campy comedy seems to be a trend in many sequels. Especially when the first movie didn't have any. The Lethal Weapon series leaps to mind as an unfortunate example.

smiff1989
11-19-2012, 01:45 PM
Something was pointed out which I was thinking myself, is watched theclipperking's video and I admit the original mms t2 will look terrible next to this. Skin tone is way off for a start, leather jacket now looks so cheap, lack of articulation, the list goes on. For people claiming the dx-10 is ****, I think you need to have in hand to see the comparison between the 2. This is my opinion anyhow, which doesn't reflect your own.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-19-2012, 01:58 PM
Something was pointed out which I was thinking myself, is watched theclipperking's video and I admit the original mms t2 will look terrible next to this. Skin tone is way off for a start, leather jacket now looks so cheap, lack of articulation, the list goes on. For people claiming the dx-10 is ****, I think you need to have in hand to see the comparison between the 2. This is my opinion anyhow, which doesn't reflect your own.

Hold the phone, something new looks better than something old

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg827/scaled.php?server=827&filename=cluemrswhitecopy.jpg&res=landing

Solarsailor
11-19-2012, 02:51 PM
But adding campy comedy seems to be a trend in many sequels. Especially when the first movie didn't have any. The Lethal Weapon series leaps to mind as an unfortunate example.

Compared to something like Transformers though, T2's camp factor is way down.

I think Cameron is actually quite good at keeping it thin and spaced out.

Nowaday's it's terrible gag after terrible gag after fart joke...then serious...then spastic....

Skin tone is way off for a start,

The skin tone on the MMS is infinitely better than the DX. It's one of the main things wrong (perhaps the only) on the DX IMO.

DiFabio
11-19-2012, 03:05 PM
I know the leather jacket is real but I don't really like the look of it. Yeah, the MMS 117 is fake ****, but it looked like real leather.

Nearly every photo and video I've seen makes the leather look wrinkly like it's suffered from water damage. There's just something not right about it, it's not smooth enough. My Enterbay T-800 has the same problem with it's real leather jacket. The right arm and back are fine, but the left arm/sleeve of leather is all ****ed up, just like these Hot Toys jackets.

The leather on my boots were all messed up too,

http://i617.photobucket.com/albums/tt252/DiFabio91/010-8.jpg

The fit and tailoring on the DX 10 looks much, much better though. So I'm not sure what the trade off is. A fake pleather leather jacket that looks better but is ill fitting or a real leather jacket that doesn't look as nice but has a great fit.

marker2037
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
OMG. Cancelled.

Says the guy who spent $2,000 on a "screen accurate" Joker... :lol

Can't get after these guys if they want screen accuracy too.

Centrocal
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
HI RES post #1219 pg 122

http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/184756ix1xx5iimcbgs0wb.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/184816d2zlxxglqz11suys.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/184837y6ag6t0d6bwwl09k.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/184902veed661ce1eyfgee.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/184922anrbkvbfa1ryy208.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/184940vr2r767vs75kkc7w.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185000jjzjt03jxjspnxuw.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185030oqnn8m5nae7o3man.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185047mikt66z16b5v2ivl.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185106maak14blv1ma9thk.jpg

Centrocal
11-19-2012, 04:48 PM
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185123l7fttbgbhpogpx9b.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185137qv6v4h1iqvvd6qiv.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185155rmozm18y38y1o331.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/1852120rd7n4n72z24jl2c.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185228t3t23jty8jzajzjn.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185244n73787340ho0k0u3.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/18530766k2wvl3l6qw09f9.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185330wghw131nehgdh1vv.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/1853515sghghpe9epx69zj.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185414ggyxxy0czofxtc0c.jpg

Centrocal
11-19-2012, 04:49 PM
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/1854331clmdckclncfa1dc.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185452lmxcwwd2w0f4b0gc.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185716zyiywydyizaeeyjy.jpg
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/185619y2c4ee2ueck4cooe.jpg

Invictus Sol
11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Damn, this looks so great. Only thing I'm unsure about is that Robert Patrick head as I think it looks incongruent with the liquidy body (kinda has a photoshopped effect, for me). Still, I preordered through Sideshow, just in case. Can always wait for these to sell out and then list it on e.Bay.

Lejuan
11-19-2012, 05:17 PM
Why did they feel the need for the RP exclusive head? Is that the only reason for the seam at the neck? I'd have preferred a seamless model myself. And the pose is kinda limited, without a fist through that hole it looks like the T-1000 is taking a swing with an invisible bat. Meh, nitpicks.

The Skull
11-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Why did they feel the need for the RP exclusive head? Is that the only reason for the seam at the neck? I'd have preferred a seamless model myself. And the pose is kinda limited, without a fist through that hole it looks like the T-1000 is taking a swing with an invisible bat. Meh, nitpicks.

Agreed on those points about the seam, and the detailed head does not look good on the liquid mass as that detail would not be formed in that state, however I think its a hint at a upcoming toyfair exclusive t-1000. Thats the only way that head makes any sence and they did this before with the donut head disguised t-1000.

Solarsailor
11-19-2012, 05:44 PM
You would have thought the liquid nitro frozen T1000 would have been a no brainer for the pose.

I don't mind it though, still looks pretty cool.

MarfMaster
11-19-2012, 05:55 PM
**** this figure gives me a boner. I haven't been this excited for a HT release in I don't know how long...maybe ever. I'm so excited, I find myself not wanting to visit or post in this thread. Visiting and posting acknowledges that this figure is really happening, and acknowledging that it's really happening adds serious teeth to the wait time....

Wor-Gar
11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
**** this figure gives me a boner.

That's the most crass I think I've ever seen Dane get.

MarfMaster
11-19-2012, 06:12 PM

That's the most crass I think I've ever seen Dane get.

That's because I have nothing but raw, unbridled excitement for this damn thing. :lol

Platty
11-19-2012, 06:21 PM
That's because I have nothing but raw, unbridled excitement for this damn thing. :lol

I'm looking at the pictures whilst lay in bed. Pitching a tent. :lol

Mr. EcKo
11-19-2012, 06:24 PM
Get a girlfriend, nerds

lol

DiFabio
11-19-2012, 06:26 PM
Erections from toys?

While I'm not sure I'm sexually aroused, boy are those hi-res pictures awesome. I can't wait to own this figure. Looking at those pics is the closest thing to owning one in hand. The blood and exposed damage is fantastic and I REALLY love that they included that T-1000. Both headsculpts are also top notch.

It's going to be a helluva day opening this guy up.

MarfMaster
11-19-2012, 06:27 PM
Get a girlfriend, nerds

lol

I would, but I don't want to split my collection with my wife. :lol

MarfMaster
11-19-2012, 06:30 PM
Erections from toys?

While I'm not sure I'm sexually aroused

C'mon DiFabio, just admit it, your pants are a little tighter than they were before looking at those high res pics.

Spanbauer
11-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Damn this looks nice. The likeness is fantastic and they nailed the endoskeleton under flesh look.
http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment/forum/201211/19/1853515sghghpe9epx69zj.jpg

Voorhees27
11-19-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm looking at the pictures whilst lay in bed. Pitching a tent. :lol

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/roynajmeddine/5565f746d9ba0df9c15973ba2cbca3ca.jpg

MaulFan
11-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Is it just me, or did they do a better job on the neck for this body? It looks much more realistic and lifelike in the anatomy than MMS117 or DX10 look.

KneelBeforrSmallville
11-19-2012, 06:42 PM
I really wish too. My Pescadero scene is incomplete without him and so too incomplete will be the steel mill scenes with BD T-800, doll hair Sarah Connor and steel mill dressed T-1000.

Can we see pics!? :)

Jayrod88
11-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Just got an email from Sideshow, Im fan of the week this week!!!! Look for my Jabba display!!! So excited

Jackhepburn
11-19-2012, 07:07 PM

Pics from a-dev? Thats a rarity.

Despite all of his amazing figures he seems to just have them on a shelf somewhere.

c'mon a-dev! If you're going to nab all of the good figures then display properly: :wave :)

KneelBeforrSmallville
11-19-2012, 07:11 PM

Despite all of his amazing figures he seems to just have them on a shelf somewhere.

c'mon a-dev! If you're going to nab all of the good figures then display properly: :wave :)

When i hear of T2 Dios its a must see!!!

Khev
11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
Great story Khev! :)

I was also 17 when I saw T2 for the first time back in 1991 /1992 - IN THE THEATER.. yep in the theater. :D

Great story.

Thanks guys. :duff T2 actually shares the record of most theatrical viewings I've ever attended (7) along with Star Wars: A New Hope (though five were of the SE) and FOTR.

I just couldn't get enough and went and saw it with multiple friends and family members. Here's one of my old ticket stubs I just scanned in for the sake of this thread:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/T21991.jpg

Wow, $3.50! The wife and I went and caught a double feature of Twilight/Skyfall this past weekend and it set us back $122 including babysitter, wine (in the over 21 balcony) popcorn and coke. :horror

Khev
11-19-2012, 07:17 PM

Well that's the thing. You don't figure he killed the cop when you're open to him being the good guy. You assume he just takes him out with a swift jab to the gut, not a swift STAB to the gut. And the T-800 was doing anything *but* minimizing harm to the bikers. At first viewing it appeared he was killing them left and right, to me at least, especially when you consider that the first punk assumedly "died" from being pushed against the gate in the first movie. He didn't rip anyone's heart out but otherwise overall it seemed he was being even more brutal in the biker bar than he was to the thugs at the telescope.

But I do know that if I hadn't consciously avoided the T2 trailers they absolutely gave away that Arnold was the good guy in several of them. Too bad for those who weren't allowed to experience it as it played out in the movie. I think Cameron should have really worked to keep it totally under wraps.

Jackhepburn
11-19-2012, 07:19 PM
When i hear of T2 Dios its a must see!!!

I've seen his elevator dio and love it. He has a BD T-800 that actually looks just as good or better than this too :lol

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 07:32 PM
I know the leather jacket is real but I don't really like the look of it. Yeah, the MMS 117 is fake ****, but it looked like real leather.

Nearly every photo and video I've seen makes the leather look wrinkly like it's suffered from water damage. There's just something not right about it, it's not smooth enough. My Enterbay T-800 has the same problem with it's real leather jacket. The right arm and back are fine, but the left arm/sleeve of leather is all ****ed up, just like these Hot Toys jackets.

The fit and tailoring on the DX 10 looks much, much better though. So I'm not sure what the trade off is. A fake pleather leather jacket that looks better but is ill fitting or a real leather jacket that doesn't look as nice but has a great fit.

Yeah, I feel the same way. Especially after I watched ClipperKings video. I remember being really happy when I saw the cut of the jacket and still am but Im not digging the real leather. Even when I first heard that it was real I never got all excited. Yeah, I guess it's nice but I don't care if my figures wear "real" anything. As far as the look and feel of the MMS jacket I love it. The new jacket doesn't look as well made either. I could be wrong but it looks like it will rip easier. Looking forward to getting it in hand though.

Lejuan
11-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Well that's the thing. You don't figure he killed the cop when you're open to him being the good guy. You assume he just takes him out with a swift jab to the gut, not a swift STAB to the gut. And the T-800 was doing anything *but* minimizing harm to the bikers. At first viewing it appeared he was killing them left and right, to me at least, especially when you consider that the first punk assumedly "died" from being pushed against the gate in the first movie. He didn't rip anyone's heart out but otherwise overall it seemed he was being even more brutal in the biker bar than he was to the thugs at the telescope.

This was all pre-John Connor meet-up though. Later, when he grabbed John by the collar and the two guys working on their car came over to help, the T-800 was about to point blank shoot them in the head. Then Uncle Bob got the whole "you can't just go around killing people" lecture and subsequent order not to kill anyone.

Khev
11-19-2012, 07:35 PM
This was all pre-John Connor meet-up though. Later, when he grabbed John by the collar and the two guys working on their car came over to help, the T-800 was about to point blank shoot them in the head. Then Uncle Bob got the whole "you can't just go around killing people" lecture and subsequent order not to kill anyone.

Exactly. That's my point. He wasn't a kind gentle terminator trying to minimize harm in the biker bar. Cameron just had a series of fortunate flukes allow the bikers to survive in order to not create the moral quandry that the "good guy" was a murderer at the beginning of the movie.

Valfar
11-19-2012, 07:52 PM

I've noticed on some other pics of the DX10 indeed the leather looks really soft and has lots of texture, of course this is going to vary during production as it is noted in the instructions i think..mine is pretty darn good, not too soft and was from a good cut of of finished leather...its a way better coat then the MMS one just, the MMS coat looks good mainly because of all the weathering added and still good tailoring i think just a smidge too small around the torso.

a-dev
11-19-2012, 07:58 PM
C'mon DiFabio, just admit it, your pants are a little tighter than they were before looking at those high res pics.

Is it just me, or did they do a better job on the neck for this body? It looks much more realistic and lifelike in the anatomy than MMS117 or DX10 look.

Possibly. Hopefully.

Original dio before I added my part to it: http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4032757&postcount=38

Scene recreations:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679454&postcount=13648
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679459&postcount=13649
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679460&postcount=13650
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679464&postcount=13651
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679467&postcount=13652
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679471&postcount=13653
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679475&postcount=13654
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4670846&postcount=13632
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4670850&postcount=13633

Its gonna be a long time yet before I have proper shelves. With what I have now I'd be embarrassed showing them. Horribly cramped, disorganised and messy.

Here's one of my old ticket stubs I just scanned in for the sake of this thread:

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l27/kevlamb74/T21991.jpg

Thats pretty cool :thud:

I've seen his elevator dio and love it. He has a BD T-800 that actually looks just as good or better than this too :lol

Yes I still have that BD T-800 by CREGcustoms - it remains pretty damn cool - although the NECA head isn't what you'd call seamlessly compatible. No plans to sell despite the official figure coming out.

Exactly. That's my point. He wasn't a kind gentle terminator trying to minimize harm in the biker bar. Cameron just had a series of fortunate flukes allow the bikers to survive in order to not create the moral quandry that the "good guy" was a murderer at the beginning of the movie.

This. It was just sheer chance that the T-800 in T2 didn't kill anyone. He was willing.

marker2037
11-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I'm definitely getting a chain for this guy to hang on like he's lowering himself into the lava. I'll put it right outside the detolf like I did with Luke on the antennae. It's gonna look awesome!

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 08:04 PM

:goodpost:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679454&postcount=13648
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679459&postcount=13649
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679460&postcount=13650
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679464&postcount=13651
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679467&postcount=13652
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679471&postcount=13653
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4679475&postcount=13654
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4670846&postcount=13632
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4670850&postcount=13633

How have I never seen those. They're awesome! Are those pics yours,a-dev?

Lejuan
11-19-2012, 08:06 PM

This. It was just sheer chance that the T-800 in T2 didn't kill anyone. He was willing.

On the other hand, it would've added a redemptive component to the narrative - a murderous robot capable of learning the value of human life.

The Skull
11-19-2012, 08:13 PM
He certainly was willing to kill, if little john did'nt push his arm in the scene where those two dudes were coming to johns rescue he would have killed them with out missing a beat.

Invictus Sol
11-19-2012, 08:13 PM
On the other hand, it would've added a redemptive component to the narrative - a murderous robot capable of learning the value of human life.
Hmm, I don't know about that (at least not without re-writing the part where John orders him not to kill entirely out of the movie). The film made it pretty clear that he saw no value in human life; only satisfaction that he'd followed his orders (like when he scans the parking lot for fatalities after the Cyberdyne battle). At least that was my take.

a-dev
11-19-2012, 08:14 PM
How have I never seen those. They're awesome! Are those pics yours,a-dev?

Yes they are. Not bad if I do say so myself. I thought they were looking crap while I was taking them. Theres some 'continuity errors' in them though!

TheFiend
11-19-2012, 08:22 PM
I wonder if Ht does do a police assault version if they'll include some full BD parts before he is full Endo? He looked scary at the end of T1 all ****ed up like that. I need one in my collection. :D