PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

Wor-Gar
11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
I think all my figures with have their fist held by the T-1000 blob at some point on my shelf. Luke's chopped off hand held.... Sparrow with sword held.... Indy's whip hand held by blobo.... maybe even Hulk's pinky....

WurstCollector
11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Sh** I forgot about BTTF. :lol I guess I'll be done collecting for a while unitl those and eventually EB Rocky is shown. But from now on I'll just be waiting....... :impatient:

I think a lot of collectors did, but it's a grail piece/line for me. Ever since I saw Marty turn up all those dials, and blow the Fack out of the speaker. I knew. I knew I was going to love everything about the movie, just had that vibe. I agree I'm going to hold off . . . as best as I can :monkey4

WurstCollector
11-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Crap. Totally forgot about BTTF too .............

:gah:

I'll be here to remind everyone, by resurrecting the original announcement thread. So it's always in the back everyone's mind. But until then can't wait for a BD arnie!:panic::impatient:

robbiethepainter
11-16-2012, 05:55 PM
I had a few dollars in rewards points that I had been saving up. Glad they didn't go with free shipping because that would have negated my credits. Combined rewards point eligible with $10 shipping and this is a wonderful score!

WurstCollector
11-16-2012, 05:58 PM
They should make him, especially if they are busting out the dude with the suit in Iron Man and Avengers.......:dunno

Exactly guys, Furlong JC is a must. C/w a dirt bike and back pack full of goodies. Which I presume will never see the light of day. Imagine it came with a motorcycle . . . . :horror:drool

a-dev
11-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Exactly guys, Furlong JC is a must. C/w a dirt bike and back pack full of goodies. Which I presume will never see the light of day. Imagine it came with a motorcycle . . . . :horror:drool

Its wierd to say that an annoying 13 year old kid with his voice in mid-breakage and a floppy bowl haircut is a grail figure of mine - but its true.

DEATHASYLUM
11-16-2012, 06:13 PM
Its wierd to say that an annoying 13 year old kid with his voice in mid-breakage and a floppy bowl haircut is a grail figure of mine - but its true.

Well it completes the T2 collection.:) Now if you had a whole shelf dedicated to the kid like what P has with his T-800 shelf....... um thats another story. :wink1:

P.
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
**** why does this figure look so absolutely great???
it demands throwing three old figures into a trash can, buying 3 undamaged and 2 damaged versions , **** ****.
p.s. hi Voorhees27, from a-dev's quote i see you haven't changed since being added to ignore list for being nerd :)

DiFabio
11-16-2012, 06:19 PM
I've said before and I'll say it again, I'd buy young John Connor.

I have that Kenner one and the Art Asylum minimate, why not a 1/6? My T-800s need something to protect and my T-1000s need something to kill.

Lot's of posing possibilities with that one. The Fatboy, the T-800 guarding him like the promo shots, it'd be great. He'd really go well with the chip removal head and this Battle Damaged version.

Give him his backpack, the Cyberdyne endo arm from the first Terminator and the broken CPU, both in the display cases (can be removed of course) and his little hack computer and it'd be easy money. Not sure how it would sell thought. Would also need a unique body.

Then again, I'm sure the Batman Returns DX Penguin (if it is a DX, regardless) will have a unique body so why not Connor.\

I'm just happy we're getting a BD T-800 though. It's taken forever.

Wor-Gar
11-16-2012, 06:21 PM
I'm thankful young John Connor will never happen thru HT.

Voorhees27
11-16-2012, 06:22 PM
**** why does this figure look so absolutely great???
it demands throwing three old figures into a trash can, buying 3 undamaged and 2 damaged versions , **** ****.
p.s. hi Voorhees27, from a-dev's quote i see you haven't changed since being added to ignore list for being nerd :)

Boy you sure got me there. Sick burn.

a-dev
11-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Well it completes the T2 collection.:) Now if you had a whole shelf dedicated to the kid like what P has with his T-800 shelf....... um thats another story. :wink1:

How about a few of him on seperate shelves in different scenes.....

I've said before and I'll say it again, I'd buy young John Connor..

I wonder what he'd cost.

DiFabio
11-16-2012, 06:24 PM
$350 dollas.

Jawn Connah, it iz tyme.

DiFabio
11-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Boy you sure got me there. Sick burn.

*Voorhees added to ignore list for being nerd*

WurstCollector
11-16-2012, 06:30 PM

How about a few of him on seperate shelves in different scenes.....

I wonder what he'd cost.

A ridiculous amount probably knowing we'd all grab at least one hahaha

karamazov80
11-16-2012, 06:38 PM
This is such a great looking figure. Gonna be awesome displaying this guy with my T-1000 with the donut head. And the thing I'm most excited about is the prospect of getting Police Assault T-800 and Reese. . .but HT have toyed with our emotions before with these franchises, haven't they?

Thanks for quoting that for P. to see so I didn't have to :peace :lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi-H6ohY37k

Voorhees27
11-16-2012, 06:39 PM

:lol:lol:lol

bonestockbrz
11-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Omg!!! The kid in me just jumped for joy as if it was xmas and my birthday he ame day....ive always wanted this...

marker2037
11-16-2012, 06:52 PM
The t-1000 looks like it should be holding a golf club

:lol I literally laughed out loud at this.

I do wished it came with some sort of diorama hanging by the steel chain (something like the DX Luke) where you could lower him into the pit, that would have been awesome!

Indeed! That would've been awesome. I think I'd be able to replicate that though and make it myself. Hmmm, now I have ideas.

Technically Enterbays 1/4 is %150 the figure. :lecture

And it's gonna be about %150 the price too. $450 at least.

Where are people seeing that the EB one is $100 more? LOL... that figure is not even released as of yet. EB customer service is terrible and unreliable on top of that. Don't think EB will come with liquid metal t-1000 accessory either which to me is worth $50 alone.

The EB will be at least $450. Exactly 150% more than HTs. (also 150% larger.) :lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

And you're basing this off of what exactly??? :huh

Please explain how you absolutely know how much EB's will cost. Without just saying that EB sucks.

EndIessRAlN
11-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Really glad I passed on the Cyberdyne so I could get this. Exclusive bought! Great success!!!

DiFabio
11-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Please explain how you absolutely know how much EB's will cost. Without just saying that EB sucks.

Wake has the gift of foreskin. He can see things before they happen.

a-dev
11-16-2012, 07:03 PM
Wake has the gift of foreskin. He can see things before they happen.

:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol

And a high midi-spermian count.

marker2037
11-16-2012, 07:04 PM
:lol:lol:lol

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Had more time to check this whole thing out, man did HT poor a lot of effort and thought into this set. It's really a shame they didn't just put all this momentum into the film at once, sure the Arnie portraits are better now than MMS117, but it's taken nearly 3 years to really complete this line.

I still can't believe we're finally seeing a BD T2 T-800 as a figure like this, not a statue, not a statuesque figure like NECA or McFarlance, but a fully acticulated, lit up, real clothed, accessorized figure, with so many key and interesting accessories.

Voorhees27
11-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Had more time to check this whole thing out, man did HT poor a lot of effort and thought into this set. It's really a shame they didn't just put all this momentum into the film at once, sure the Arnie portraits are better now than MMS117, but it's taken nearly 3 years to really complete this line.

I still can't believe we're finally seeing a BD T2 T-800 as a figure like this, not a statue, not a statuesque figure like NECA or McFarlance, but a fully acticulated, lit up, real clothed, accessorized figure, with so many key and interesting accessories.

I was thinking of you buddy :lol

siegaard
11-16-2012, 07:18 PM
Due to finances, I had to cancel my DX10 pre-order a couple of weeks ago without knowing about the DX13 release. I personally have modeled a battle damaged version T2 Arnold using a badly sculpted Tskuda 1/6th scale vinyl kit and resculpting the head with real hair and totally scratch-building the Mini-gun its ammo belt, and grenade launcher with 40mm grenades+its belt, shoulder bag with sculpted 45 cal.+ C4 bars and detonators. I did the build above 3 times, mostly for wealthy Japanese kit collectors back in the '90s.
I am a former garage kit sculptor. I had a master plan for the DX10, because the likeness sucked. I bought 2 eBay of the earlier Hot Toys' Arnold T2 "Guns & Roses" heads (which I consider better than the DX10 and the DX13 heads PERS or not (the DX13 being a shade better). I also bought a battle damaged T2 head on eBay to use the endo parts on the 2nd "G&R" Arnold head. The DX13's light up Endo eyes are too cool thou!!

Ebay has a custom 1/6th DX10 T2 using the same HT first T2 "G&R" head and adding in Endo parts. It is now at over $300.00 from a British seller. It is the version Hot Toys should have made.
eBay 's title:
Hot Toys Terminator 2 T2 T800 Battle damaged Custom 1/6 DX10 Arnie The Best!
eBay Auction Item Number: 110975537465
However the Coo model mini-gun ranks tops above the HT and Other mini-guns.
All in all, If Hot Toys had hired Arnie Kim to sculpt the heads for the DX10 and DX13, we would not be agonizing over these toys!!!
Wayne THE DANE Hansen

a-dev
11-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Had more time to check this whole thing out, man did HT poor a lot of effort and thought into this set. It's really a shame they didn't just put all this momentum into the film at once.

Tell me about. If this had come out when we all expected it to I wouldn't now be fretting about whether or not I'll be allowed buy it. They have to wait to release it the year I'm getting married, the ****ers. And their 1:4 endo etc.

But yeah, only a year or 2 ago it wouldn't have turned out this good.

snoop101
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
And you're basing this off of what exactly??? :huh

If I had to guess I'd say he was basing his prices off of Enterbays other figures.:slap If there first T-800 was $400, then I have no doubt that the BD T-800 (which will be way more complex) with light up parts, etc. will cost more. Im bet Enterbays BD T-800 is around $480 shipped.

Edit: And Voorhees, please stop being nerd. :lol

mooose
11-16-2012, 07:22 PM
Uhhhh why did we buy the dx10?????

Cos the Dx10 is clean and looks bad ass. Moreover some of us never had the mms

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 07:23 PM
I was thinking of you buddy :lol

http://www.absolutepunk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=62892&d=1345752418

Tell me about. If this had come out when we all expected it to I wouldn't now be fretting about whether or not I'll be allowed buy it. They have to wait to release it the year I'm getting married, the ****ers. And their 1:4 endo etc.

But yeah, only a year or 2 ago it wouldn't have turned out this good.

I might have thought twice about trading in the whole HT line for the EB T-800 if it wasn't so T-1000 dominant, this set would have probably sealed it for me.

a-dev
11-16-2012, 07:29 PM
http://www.absolutepunk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=62892&d=1345752418

I might have thought twice about trading in the whole HT line for the EB T-800 if it wasn't so T-1000 dominant, this set would have probably sealed it for me.

How extensively do you think you'll jump back into Terminator collecting? Did I understand you right that you now have no HT Terminator figures?

DiFabio
11-16-2012, 07:29 PM
I just noticed that it has the thumbs up hand. They should have emphasized it in one of the pics.

Too bad there's no other figure to give the thumbs up to. :(

CSM101
11-16-2012, 07:30 PM
this pic is amazing :horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror:horror

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/63712_10151123439582344_1910771165_n.jpg

karamazov80
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
I just noticed that it has the thumbs up hand. They should have emphasized it in one of the pics.

Too bad there's no other figure to give the thumbs up to. :(
He can give it to you, Fabio. . .he can give it to you :1-1:

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 07:34 PM
How extensively do you think you'll jump back into Terminator collecting? Did I understand you right that you now have no HT Terminator figures?

I have only NECA Terminators now. I'm not getting hugely back into it, but BD T2 has been a high priority for me my whole high end collecting life. Whether I go EB or HT for it is yet to be determined, but either way, it'll be a stand alone figure, but my favorite look representing my favorite movie in the series.

BadMuthaDude
11-16-2012, 07:35 PM
^ yep, that's a great one. (The pic a couple posts up)

karamazov80
11-16-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm surprised you aren't gonna go for both Maulfan, knowing how big a fan you are.

cplhicks
11-16-2012, 07:40 PM
Pre Ordered!:yess:

My pose of choice will be the pistol and grenade launcher "search mode" before he gets really jacked up!

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm surprised you aren't gonna go for both Maulfan, knowing how big a fan you are.

Budget, if I can even get one of them, that'll probably be it for the year, bought a condo in July, not much money for this stuff these days, and sold a lot to help pay for the place.

karamazov80
11-16-2012, 07:49 PM
Ah, well I hope you can get one of them at least!

WurstCollector
11-16-2012, 07:58 PM
He can give it to you, Fabio. . .he can give it to you :1-1:

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

marker2037
11-16-2012, 08:05 PM
If I had to guess I'd say he was basing his prices off of Enterbays other figures.:slap If there first T-800 was $400, then I have no doubt that the BD T-800 (which will be way more complex) with light up parts, etc. will cost more. Im bet Enterbays BD T-800 is around $480 shipped.

Edit: And Voorhees, please stop being nerd. :lol

Ha. Comical.

a-dev
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
Budget, if I can even get one of them, that'll probably be it for the year, bought a condo in July, not much money for this stuff these days, and sold a lot to help pay for the place.

Your story, gotta admit, has put a disturbing thought in my head - that by buying all this stuff now I'm only setting myself up for torture and anguish when I'm asked to sell it all in the not-so-distant future.

Stanlore
11-16-2012, 08:19 PM
This set looks pretty great. If the price was the same as DX10, i would have already pre-ordered.

The EB BD i am getting 100%. If that one only has the damaged arm look, i will probably get the HT as well.

Still contemplating whether to keep the T-1000 head, or sell it online to some sucker... i mean.. fellow collector to take some load off the price. I really like it, but $40-50 bucks to save is also tempting.

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Your story, gotta admit, has put a disturbing thought in my head - that by buying all this stuff now I'm only setting myself up for torture and anguish when I'm asked to sell it all in the not-so-distant future.

We all really enjoy this hobby, but I'll tell you, when you carve a collection down and even find yourself forced to sell the things you really really like, you find out just which ones truly mean something to you and which were more of an indulgence because you could. Everything I still have, I cherrish more now than I used to when I had it amongst so much else. It's very easy to spend when you have the money to do so and get swept up in the fun of it all, but sometimes you also will find, you hurt your ability to take bigger, more important strides in life because of what you've poured into this hobby. If I could go back and just never buy what I sell, as some had to sell for less than I paid in the first place, I would. Lesson learned.

Right now, I have 2 things I'd like to buy as far as high end products go, BD T-800 and HT Hulk. Some NECA stuff coming that I want but that's a lot easier to deal with.

The Skull
11-16-2012, 08:31 PM
WOW, I was way off on the pricing on this one, I guessed about 260 max, and its 305 bucks:panic: Not so sure about getting two at that price, I did pre-order the exclusive at sideshow just because it's the exclusive, not a must have I must admit, but thats how exclusives should be.

snoop101
11-16-2012, 08:44 PM
Ha. Comical.

:wink1::wave

a-dev
11-16-2012, 08:48 PM
We all really enjoy this hobby, but I'll tell you, when you carve a collection down and even find yourself forced to sell the things you really really like, you find out just which ones truly mean something to you and which were more of an indulgence because you could. Everything I still have, I cherrish more now than I used to when I had it amongst so much else. It's very easy to spend when you have the money to do so and get swept up in the fun of it all, but sometimes you also will find, you hurt your ability to take bigger, more important strides in life because of what you've poured into this hobby. If I could go back and just never buy what I sell, as some had to sell for less than I paid in the first place, I would. Lesson learned.

Right now, I have 2 things I'd like to buy as far as high end products go, BD T-800 and HT Hulk. Some NECA stuff coming that I want but that's a lot easier to deal with.

I'm already finding all this to be true. I've had to sell a lot of stuff over the past year and I'm now gearing up for my largest selling spree since I began forum commerce (hopefully). With it I hope to end my 'need' for any figures outside of Terminator and Robocop. What worries me though is that the day will come when I won't even be able to keep those anymore. The way I feel right now thats gonna hurt if it transpires and it quite possibly will. I can't stay in this little flat forever, kids and whatnot. Hopefully by then I will naturally have had a huge (and willing) priority shift so it won't feel as traumatic as I'm currently anticipating. For example I'm having to come to terms with not being able to get the 1989 Batmobile - something I used to assume as a foregone conclusion that I would have one day - its getting easier to accept. Though I do have to avoid the thread for it.

TheObsoleteMan
11-16-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm already finding all this to be true. I've had to sell a lot of stuff over the past year and I'm now gearing up for my largest selling spree since I began forum commerce (hopefully). With it I hope to end my 'need' for any figures outside of Terminator and Robocop. What worries me though is that the day will come when I won't even be able to keep those anymore. The way I feel right now thats gonna hurt if it transpires and it quite possibly will. I can't stay in this little flat forever, kids and whatnot. Hopefully by then I will naturally have had a huge (and willing) priority shift so it won't feel as traumatic as I'm currently anticipating.

Don't worry about it, the majority of us will end up selling all this stuff off. These aren't the kinds of things you hold onto for a lifetime. We're not going to be 70 years old kicking back looking at our Hot Toys collections. Just enjoy them while you have them, because you're not going to miss them as much as you think when they're gone.

Voorhees27
11-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Don't worry about it, the majority of us will end up selling all this stuff off. These aren't the kinds of things you hold onto for a lifetime. We're not going to be 70 years old kicking back looking at our Hot Toys collections. Just enjoy them while you have them, because you're not going to miss them as much as you think when they're gone.

Imo this is very true. Been thinking about that lately too :lol

a-dev
11-16-2012, 08:59 PM

''I hope you're right. I really do'' - Ripley, Aliens.

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 09:02 PM
''I hope you're right. I really do'' - Ripley, Aliens.

I only miss them when I see a thread here or I reach a point where I usually turn to collectibles for an escape, but I most of the time I forget I don't have them anymore.

BadMuthaDude
11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I only have 9 figures in my 1/6 collection and I'm already having to contemplate letting go of a few of them to justify this one.

The Skull
11-16-2012, 09:05 PM

:pfft: I want to be buried with mine.

Bucky Underbelly
11-16-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm starting to get buried BY mine! :lol

The Skull
11-16-2012, 09:08 PM

:rotfl:lol.........hmmm me to:slap

a-dev
11-16-2012, 09:11 PM
I only miss them when I see a thread here or I reach a point where I usually turn to collectibles for an escape, but I most of the time I forget I don't have them anymore.

Of the stuff I've sold so far I have no particular regrets, mainly I'm growing my appreciation of the ol' Terminator collection and being excited about the new stuff.

Worst part of selling I've found is taking your FS pictures. Obviously to do that you have to be looking at the figure, its easy to succumb to that doubt and decide that you can't bring yourself to sell it after all. Then another new figure gets shown that you 'must have' and that seems to make it easier....

Ryno
11-16-2012, 09:12 PM
I was dead set on getting this until I saw the price. :(

MaulFan
11-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Of the stuff I've sold so far I have no particular regrets, mainly I'm growing my appreciation of the ol' Terminator collection and being excited about the new stuff.

Worst part of selling I've found is taking your FS pictures. Obviously to do that you have to be looking at the figure, its easy to succumb to that doubt and decide that you can't bring yourself to sell it after all. Then another new figure gets shown that you 'must have' and that seems to make it easier....

I had an easy time with straight manufactured stuff but the custom one, especially where I worked hard on them, stung.

a-dev
11-16-2012, 09:17 PM
I had an easy time with straight manufactured stuff but the custom one, especially where I worked hard on them, stung.

I'd say it was hard to stomach selling your Cyberdyne T-800. Was that before or after DX10 was shown?

snoop101
11-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Ordered. :D

drunkman
11-16-2012, 10:11 PM
Looks incredible... but the price is astronomical. :(:monkey2

ninmaniac
11-16-2012, 10:12 PM
Glad I'm not getting into the terminator line. I'm not willing to pay such this price to get this figure, not even HT.

DEATHASYLUM
11-16-2012, 10:13 PM
Looks incredible... but the price is astronomical. :(:monkey2

Use Flexpay and it doesn't seem so bad. :lol

Agentofchaos
11-16-2012, 10:16 PM
Expensive but preordered. this is the one figure i've wanted for a very long time. to me - T2 is basically the only other essential line besides the Nolan Batman figures. Keeping it simple like this is often difficult but given the cost of these figures I rather indulge only in the absolutely 'must haves' than lots of 'nice to have' figures.

subzro
11-16-2012, 10:37 PM
:pfft: I want to be buried with mine.

Don't count me in on that grim future of yours. My toys are here to stay. :wink1:

:exactly: :goodpost: :hi5:

http://i1172.photobucket.com/albums/r565/subzro99/funny%20video/giveit.gif

I want this and 1/6 Endo and I will be very very happy :blissy

JEDSTER
11-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Ordered and happy !
:D

SilentSurfer
11-16-2012, 10:42 PM

I'm already finding all this to be true. I've had to sell a lot of stuff over the past year and I'm now gearing up for my largest selling spree since I began forum commerce (hopefully). With it I hope to end my 'need' for any figures outside of Terminator and Robocop. What worries me though is that the day will come when I won't even be able to keep those anymore. The way I feel right now thats gonna hurt if it transpires and it quite possibly will. I can't stay in this little flat forever, kids and whatnot. Hopefully by then I will naturally have had a huge (and willing) priority shift so it won't feel as traumatic as I'm currently anticipating. For example I'm having to come to terms with not being able to get the 1989 Batmobile - something I used to assume as a foregone conclusion that I would have one day - its getting easier to accept. Though I do have to avoid the thread for it.

Are that many of us in this boat right now? I'm with you guys. I've sold so much from when I had the completist mentallity (and **** wasn't so damn expensive), and I'm down to mostly just absolute must have pieces.

A-dev, let me encourage you a bit. If you feel torn between continuing to collect and living the rest of your life, start letting go of stuff you think will hurt. I've done it only to find that I actually feel freer when I do, not heartbroken.

Everything has a season in life. For me, this season is somewhat over, except that I still do custom work for people and paint for the industry. I still have a few dream come true, must have figures, but the mania I had once is definitely over. Prices forced me out to some degree, but also life. I spent so much time focused on this stuff that I think I missed out on some other life stuff. Family should always come first. Toys get dusty and outdated, but years with family will go by with or without you. Make them count.

Mr Walker
11-16-2012, 10:45 PM
....OK Dean got me curious, yeah there is some innaccuracy with the full BD face. It looks like theres not enough endoskeleton showing in some places. Down by the mouth, around the eye and the damage should extend back a bit further on his cheek. Fleshy remnants on the forehead aren't quite right either.

The shape of the BD parts in general aren't quite right.

MANDO
11-16-2012, 10:47 PM
This is pretty sweet. Kind of an odd time to anounce it though with DX10 just now hitting, especially considering this has pretty much everything DX10 should've had in the first place.

Wor-Gar
11-16-2012, 11:02 PM
I actually feel freer when I do, not heartbroken.

Everything has a season in life.

... years with family will go by with or without you. Make them count.

I wholeheartedly believe in that first line.

I'm trying hard to believe in this... The more I 'want', the less I 'have'.

Blade3327
11-16-2012, 11:06 PM

Same here, actually. I don't know if it's quite the largest in terms of quantity (though there will be a lot of stuff), but definitely value. Looking to shape my future collection as well as purchase a Cintiq drawing tablet for college -- and those things don't come cheap. Prices have gotten higher, other companies are putting out equally -- if not more -- compelling work, I'll have more space once I'm on my own, and it feels like a lot of lines lately have started to plateau when it comes to impressing me. Maybe I've been spoiled by those once-in-a-blue-moon headsculpts that make everything else look toyish, but I'm starting to notice trends with a lot of things and I'm not the only one slightly turned off by them. Truth be told, it's actually more about that than the rising prices.

S. Griffin
11-16-2012, 11:15 PM
The shape of the BD parts in general aren't quite right.

Then write to Hot Toys and let them know. Seriously, the more people who tell them something about a sculpt is inaccurate the more likely they are to change it. Some people are sure certain things will be fixed, but it's not something to take for granted. If you see a problem, please tell them.

Blade3327
11-16-2012, 11:17 PM
Just noticed this post. Great stuff, Surf.

I've done it only to find that I actually feel freer when I do, not heartbroken.

By no means will I stop collecting, but even if you're doing this to simply rethink/refocus your collection and spending habits, it helps. I haven't quite reached this point yet, but it'll come some time next year. And I'm not dreading it, surprisingly enough.

It's funny, you start collecting and you get inspired by all of these people with their review videos and extensive collections. You tell yourself "I'm not going to be one of those guys with dozens of figures standing next to eachother on a shelf, emphasizing quantity over individual artistic merit. I'll just start small and keep it that way, after all less is more." Eventually though, you realize you slowly start buying everything because you can, fearing that some day, those pieces will not be as easy to get ahold of due to aftermarket prices. Well, they've already gotten pretty expensive so that argument is on its way out. Just an interesting time for collectors. So much good stuff is coming out, but because of that, it's forcing us to rethink which pieces really matter and which ones are impulse buys. We were once able to tell the difference between the two, but the line's been blurred since. Everything seems to have this "gotta have it" vibe, but does it really?

vodoun
11-16-2012, 11:47 PM

That nearly happened to me. A while back I was fitting cables and doing so taking all the boxes out behind the units, I sadly boxed myself into the corner of the room. I had to get help to get out.

Dr. Odd
11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
I like this discussion. Deep stuff for us collectors. Thanks SS for your advice and for putting stuff into perspective:)

TheFiend
11-17-2012, 12:17 AM
Are that many of us in this boat right now? I'm with you guys. I've sold so much from when I had the completist mentallity (and **** wasn't so damn expensive), and I'm down to mostly just absolute must have pieces.

A-dev, let me encourage you a bit. If you feel torn between continuing to collect and living the rest of your life, start letting go of stuff you think will hurt. I've done it only to find that I actually feel freer when I do, not heartbroken.

Everything has a season in life. For me, this season is somewhat over, except that I still do custom work for people and paint for the industry. I still have a few dream come true, must have figures, but the mania I had once is definitely over. Prices forced me out to some degree, but also life. I spent so much time focused on this stuff that I think I missed out on some other life stuff. Family should always come first. Toys get dusty and outdated, but years with family will go by with or without you. Make them count.

:exactly::goodpost:

Great post. It's all so true. You have no idea what you can live without and never think of again until you try it. I've also went through all the things a-dev is going but let me tell you, it will pass. Especially if you're marrying someone and want to have children. A part of you is afraid that you will become someone that you don't know or that you will be forced to become someone you are afraid to be. This is not the case. When it all happens it will be a natural transition that won't make you feel forced or alienated. In fact, now that I have children and a wife I couldn't imagine it any other way. And I never wanted either thing, in fact spoke out against many times in my youth. :lol You just gotta find the right person and time in life.

Anyway, that's why I've sold a lot of my old figures. NOW I know what really matters to me and what I bought out of compulsion etc. But I can say that this BD T2 is a figure that I've waited forever. With the price point in mind, if this was another figure I think i would have past but this one is a must.

BrooklynWolf X
11-17-2012, 12:48 AM
Just went to the hot toys distributor in guang Zhou china(where I'm currently situated) and plopped down my deposit. They don't know the price as yet, but no matter what, i need this version of uncle bob.

Hamanu
11-17-2012, 01:15 AM
This is a very unusual development of the topic, but also a very satisfying read.

I'm new to collecting myself and, coming from a country with a lower than average standard of living, I have to weigh my choices when it comes to spending a quarter of the salary on a single figure.

I don't have many figures, but the ones I do have are my pride and joy. Heck, I've finished writing my dissertation looking at Classic Predator and Bats 89 next to my monitor :)

I also had Loki on pre-order, but cancelled when I saw Carlito. Took me a while, but I came to the conclusion that, yes, Loki is a fantastic figure, and a cool characters, but Pacino is an icon and I knew from the moment I saw the figure that it would follow me wherever I ended up living once my gf and I decided to settle down.

So yah, I think I'll never really quit collecting (meager as my collection is at this time :)), but I'll only go after those figures that I "feel" will stay with me for good.

Hamanu
11-17-2012, 01:19 AM
You have no idea what you can live without and never think of again until you try it.

So true, and so funny after the fact. I used to drool over graphix cards, laptop, cell phones and the like.

Recently, my contract expired and I was like.. get an SIII and shackle myself for 2 years on a lousy contract or switch to an unlimited contract without a new phone.. I kept my "ancient" HTC Desire, gave a laptop I never really used much to my gf and I'm perfectly happy with my 3 year old desktop rig and my 2 year old phone. (some of my friends think I've gone positively insane)

BrooklynWolf X
11-17-2012, 01:41 AM
This is a very unusual development of the topic, but also a very satisfying read.

I'm new to collecting myself and, coming from a country with a lower than average standard of living, I have to weigh my choices when it comes to spending a quarter of the salary on a single figure.

I don't have many figures, but the ones I do have are my pride and joy. Heck, I've finished writing my dissertation looking at Classic Predator and Bats 89 next to my monitor :)

I also had Loki on pre-order, but cancelled when I saw Carlito. Took me a while, but I came to the conclusion that, yes, Loki is a fantastic figure, and a cool characters, but Pacino is an icon and I knew from the moment I saw the figure that it would follow me wherever I ended up living once my gf and I decided to settle down.

So yah, I think I'll never really quit collecting (meager as my collection is at this time :)), but I'll only go after those figures that I "feel" will stay with me for good.

That's actually a very good way of approaching this hobby. When you get figures such as carlito, scarface, or any of the corleones, You know they're just gonna be one offs. Like, there won't be a sequel featuring an updated look for that character. Like Loki, or any character in comic based movies, with each sequel, they're bound to get an upgrade. Some collectors are either in it for the long haul and must have every iteration of the character, or feels that the previous one is now outdated because of the new version and then sells off the old one.

But for characters like godfather, carlito, basically iconic characters portrayed by our favorite actors, all they need is that one definitive figure to represent them, and you're set. Characters like batman, iron man, Thor, captain America...they're never gonna get a definitive look and will continually get upgraded.

Let's face it, Loki WILL come back in a future Thor or avengers sequel. So maybe then you can get a Loki figure.

I wish I can think like you, but I'm hopelessly addicted to this, and will probably be buried with my figures....next to my future wife of course.

Mr Walker
11-17-2012, 01:44 AM
Then write to Hot Toys and let them know. Seriously, the more people who tell them something about a sculpt is inaccurate the more likely they are to change it. Some people are sure certain things will be fixed, but it's not something to take for granted. If you see a problem, please tell them.

Got a contact email?

Boba Ben
11-17-2012, 01:55 AM
I like where this thread is going. It's like SSF is having an epiphany.

Having a family and providing for them is more important than being surrounded by lots of toys. Some times you can have both, but if you can't, the choice is clear. Hot Toys pricing has forced some collectors to make that choice, but maybe that isn't such a bad thing really.

dano669
11-17-2012, 01:56 AM
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS

RIDDICK
11-17-2012, 02:24 AM
$304 Hot Toys??? WTF?
]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZkIbKxFec8

Took
11-17-2012, 02:44 AM
I was just wondering...

on the pre-order page, it says

$25.00 Flat Rate Shipping
Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, France, German and Italy

The last figures I ordered, including Luke Skywalker DX, Joker PF and some others, all had $25 shipping, to The Netherlands.

I hope they're not going to increase the shippingcosts now for me, since my country isn't listed in their flat rate shipping list.

Hamanu
11-17-2012, 03:09 AM
The way they wrote it, the list sounds pretty definitive and specific.

I would venture a guess that the carrier they use (fedex?) probably has direct flights from LA to those countries and offers them a discount for those locations only.

EndoSickness
11-17-2012, 03:19 AM
I'll be using one of those wallpapers, cheers Endosickness!

That's wicked cool! :clap

Thx, fellas glad you like'em.

I just woke up to find this thread in a critical state about this talk of selling stuff.
I'm happy I don't have that much figures.
My collection comprises of:
T4 Rubber & Sig T-600, MMS117 & 136 T-800, 2 T-1000's, T-700 Endo, Berserker, Falconer, Tracker & Classic Predator, CR Superman, Iron Man Mark 2 AU, IV and War Machine, TFA Cap and lastly I started with Nick Fury the Avengers line.
From ALL this figures...I'd really only sell one and that's cap. But only because I'll get the Avengers Version, but will deffo try to do it another way, cause I really wanna keep him and add Red Skull sometime.

HT-wise I think I really managed to collect very selective and I only have one character twice. The T-1000, but the T2 T-800 deffo will outrun the T-1000 and still...maybe...I'll get 2 BD's, but would have to find a REALLY great deal.
Time will tell.

But I love this set and seriously can't wait to get him and he will catapult me a big step into finalizing my Terminator collection.
:yess:

Cap'n Cook
11-17-2012, 04:31 AM
The wait for this is going to be hard. :(

No hi-res yet?

cokebabies
11-17-2012, 04:51 AM

When I got some extra cash a couple of years back, I would buy whatever piece seemed sort of interesting. I probably topped out at just shy of 25 figures. And while that is probably a small collection for many people here, that was huge for me.

Then I realized I didn't like having that many, having a crammed case, and spending all this money on figures I was only sort of excited about.

I'm now down to two figures, SS Fett and DX06, and plan on adding DX11 and maybe a Vader.

This would definitely make the cut, but the sticker shock is too much for me right now. I might look into him down the road, but for now I plan to live vicariously through everyone's pictures.

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 05:10 AM

No hi-res yet?

The wait is going to be excruciatingly painful. :monkey4

:lol

Darth_Calibrate
11-17-2012, 05:14 AM
damn not even 2013 yet and figure of the year has already been shown, pre-ordered this straight away. Every little bit you could ever want or need is there, very above and beyond HT

Solarsailor
11-17-2012, 05:34 AM
I personally don't like the route the DX's are going now. To have two of the same line so close together seems like a cash grab to me. DX10 could easily have been an MMS and in fact it should have been. Scrap the light up stand and the fancy box and it would have been priced about right too. It didn't even need PERS.

This is a great piece but I've had a re-think. I'll keep my MMS as my Terminator and not hand over any more cash for double dips. I earn a great wage and could afford it but these things are starting to make me just piss money away like no tomorrow just because of the marketing strategy.

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 05:51 AM
A new biker version with a harley definitely seems like a possibility. I could see it happening, DX20 Biker T-800.

I think the Fatboy is unlikely since the inclusion of a bike would be pricey alone and then you have licensing to pay to Harley as well.

I'm not really defending Hot Toys here, but this is only $70 more than the previous T-800 DX. For an extra head (one of which has light up gimmick), jacket, and the T-1000, I think the increase is not unreasonable, and the price is not surprising. I know the $300 has sticker shock just because it is $300, and it isn't a freakish big figure like Hulk or Avatar and isn't two complete figures like Luke. But still.

Yeah, relatively speaking, for what you get and the additional detail, being $70 more than DX10 makes sense. Yea $300 is a lot but it gets a lot more than $230 did. If anything, Hulk is too much at $300 with only a second set of hands, yeah it's big and a unique body but it's very basic compared to this DX.

i think this figure with all details, accessories and likeness is the best that HT did to this day.

Agreed, they stepped it up with DX10, but this really shows the effort Terminator deserves.

I'd say it was hard to stomach selling your Cyberdyne T-800. Was that before or after DX10 was shown?

Thankfully I sold my HT T2 collection for better to have funds for EB T-800, but selling EB T-800 stung, one of the best figures I've ever owned, but of what I still own, it was one of the more popular and valuable so he had to be sacrificed. If I can snag someone's BD T2 I won't care though.

TheFiend
11-17-2012, 06:24 AM
For the price debate it's simple, $300 for a final battle T2 T800 and very few other character is fine but not for 95% of characters out there.

Agreed. If I have to pay $300 for a figure than this would be it. As soon as I saw pics I knew I was getting it regardless of the price. Even if the Joker and this are the only things I buy all next year.

bandito
11-17-2012, 06:29 AM

No hi-res yet?

Hi res usually comes from Japan... So likely on Monday Japan time.... or late Sunday in the US

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Agreed. If I have to pay $300 for a figure than this would be it. As soon as I saw pics I knew I was getting it regardless of the price. Even if the Joker and this are the only things I buy all next year.

:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

Indeed. Im thinking after the Avengers onslught, the way things are going I may just stick with DX releases that interest me now. MMS ONLY if its an Iconic character that I dont see them going the DX route on in the future.

TheFiend
11-17-2012, 06:52 AM
Desensitization.

The price IS a lot when you put things into perspective. It is steep and a little outrageous. Affordable or not, $300+ for a 12" figure is nuts. I remember when I thought $200/$200+ was too much (and I still do). I really don't like how these are seemingly priced on a whim. Hot Toys has quite a few lines, DX, reg. MMS, vehicles, etc. and they should all have uniformed prices for specific lines. Not, "oh this one comes with more lights and accessories, charge more". Obviously characters like Hulk or Iron Monger or Avaterd's would be exceptions, but for the most part, it should be pretty uniformed. Licenses be damned.

But everything is going up in price, at least around here and it's just getting worse.

Give it time and I'm sure it'll be, "well, $400 isn't bad, could be $500".

There's no other option though for a high end collectible 1/6 Battle Damaged T-800 so it's either, put up or shut up. I wouldn't say $300+ is fair though, most of us are just desensitized or don't give a ****.

:goodpost:

Desensitization is the word for sure. It's not only the price hikes that are getting to me it's the speed in which they have risen.

CyberVillain
11-17-2012, 06:54 AM
My girlfriend said, "Come on, not another Terminator" :P But who cares :D

Smiley Inc.
11-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Does anyone know of any UK dealers with this on pre-order yet? One Sixth Bruce doesn't, but it's only a matter of time before he does. I'd get it direct from Sideshow, but Customs charged me around 40 extra last time I did! This is truley a thing of beauty. I was waiting around for the Enterbay, but this has knocked me for six! Completely out of the blue! The T-1000 extra makes it for me. It's almost like a full on battle set.

Kiva
11-17-2012, 07:08 AM
Does anyone know of any UK dealers with this on pre-order yet? One Sixth Bruce doesn't, but it's only a matter of time before he does. I'd get it direct from Sideshow, but Customs charged me around 40 extra last time I did!
Quite a few of us UK guys arent going to pre order it, just have the money ready for when its released in HK as you can get it faster than from official websites using ebay & you can communicate with a lot of the sellers to low-value gift mark it

shocktrooper_au
11-17-2012, 07:12 AM
What to do? this or the Cyberdyne version

Smiley Inc.
11-17-2012, 07:22 AM
Quite a few of us UK guys arent going to pre order it, just have the money ready for when its released in HK as you can get it faster than from official websites using ebay & you can communicate with a lot of the sellers to low-value gift mark it

I've used Goodshipped a lot on Ebay, but is there anyone else you would recommend?

Kiva
11-17-2012, 07:25 AM
I've used Goodshipped a lot on Ebay, but is there anyone else you would recommend?
To be honest, its not something you can predict half a year in advance. Ive been importing from HK for years and i find myself using different sellers all the time. If you have a history of dealing with a certain user you can maybe message him off-ebay and sort out a deal. I usually wait until release day morning, fish around for the lowest price in-stock ones and read their auctions or whatever to see if they are flexible to low-value gift marking. Even if they dont state it ill spend the morning sending questions around. Then once you get the replies back its just a case of picking and choosing who to buy from :)

But its a certainty that buying from HK is much more beneficial to us guys because we can have it 5-8 weeks sooner. And in general cheaper.

tommyh84
11-17-2012, 08:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qei5uEwtpSY&feature=g-u-u

francsicoliger
11-17-2012, 08:27 AM
The best version in 1/6, Amazing figure, I love 1/6 scale.

Balsquat
11-17-2012, 08:29 AM
Slick looking figure, but I still prefer the Galleria version and the BD lifesize bust is all the BD terminator I need.

Prices are fricken retarded by the way. Don't kid yourself into justifying the price. If you buy this, its because you LOVE the character. Passerby collectors need not apply.

The Skull
11-17-2012, 08:35 AM
I just got a funny idea that theres more to that exclusive head then meets the eye, I have a feeling that were gunna get a toyfair exclusive t-1000 in the liquid metal form.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 08:39 AM

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/winsector.jpg

captainjamesbrooke
11-17-2012, 08:42 AM
I just got a funny idea that theres more to that exclusive head then meets the eye, I have a feeling that were gunna get a toyfair exclusive t-1000 in the liquid metal form.

I reckon that's a good call!

Johnny Utah
11-17-2012, 08:46 AM
I still can't believe this is happening. For YEARS, it was requested and rumours swirled. Now it's happening, it's real, and people still *****. Yes, the price is steep, but it's a true Grail piece. Sold.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 08:50 AM
Slick looking figure, but I still prefer the Galleria version and the BD lifesize bust is all the BD terminator I need.

Prices are fricken retarded by the way. Don't kid yourself into justifying the price. If you buy this, its because you LOVE the character. Passerby collectors need not apply.

And to think I paid $500 for my BD Arnie bust brand new. :lol

predarnold
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
HT T-800 has a better prosthetic makeup :)

http://s19.postimage.org/44vxypy9v/T_800_vs_HT.jpg

Balsquat
11-17-2012, 08:55 AM
And to think I paid $500 for my BD Arnie bust brand new. :lol

:bow:bow:bow:bow

That was an amazing price even then considering it was already sold out.

I had it cleared at $800, which was quite a bit more, but looking back it was a great buy for me.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-17-2012, 08:57 AM
I still can't believe this is happening. For YEARS, it was requested and rumours swirled. Now it's happening, it's real, and people still *****. Yes, the price is steep, but it's a true Grail piece. Sold.
:lecture :exactly: :lecture

Totally. I'm not exactly saying that the price is beautiful..:lol, but prices will rise - it's an evil we can't really get around. I paid almost $300AUD for the 89 Jack Joker - & it was a must have. Same with Keaton.

I wouldn't dare imply that I'm a bigger Arnold / Terminator fan than some folks around here.. but I'm still a huge fan regardless - & this new Arnold is a win all round.

I'm sold!! :D :rock

a-dev
11-17-2012, 09:01 AM

better than EB I presume you mean. What they've done is beautifully executed, no denying, but EB's battle damage is more accurate. HT, as they often do, have taken artistic license. At least so it seems at the moment.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 09:13 AM
:bow:bow:bow:bow

That was an amazing price even then considering it was already sold out.

I had it cleared at $800, which was quite a bit more, but looking back it was a great buy for me.

Still an awesome price imo.

better than EB I presume you mean. What they've done is beautifully executed, no denying, but EB's battle damage is more accurate. HT, as they often do, have taken artistic license. At least so it seems at the moment.

It's still just a prototype too.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 09:16 AM
It's still just a prototype too.

True, I just can't fathom why they'd get it wrong after all this time and all the referance thats out there - even for the prototype - unless they did so by choice.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 09:19 AM
True, I just can't fathom why they'd get it wrong after all this time and all the referance thats out there - even for the prototype - unless they did so by choice.

Well given the 8 month long wait for production release, i'd assume it was sort of slapped together to "annoyingly compete" with EB's sneak peek.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Well given the 8 month long wait for production release, i'd assume it was sort of slapped together to "annoyingly compete" with EB's sneak peek.

Well in fairness to them its a hell of a good 'slapping together' if thats the case.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 09:25 AM
Well I did say "sort of" :lol

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 09:25 AM

BAM!:lecture:exactly::goodpost:

:lecture :exactly: :lecture

Totally. I'm not exactly saying that the price is beautiful..:lol, but prices will rise - it's an evil we can't really get around. I paid almost $300AUD for the 89 Jack Joker - & it was a must have. Same with Keaton.

I wouldn't dare imply that I'm a bigger Arnold / Terminator fan than some folks around here.. but I'm still a huge fan regardless - & this new Arnold is a win all round.

I'm sold!!

BAM BAMM!! :lecture:exactly::goodpost:

MagnumOpus
11-17-2012, 09:36 AM
They did it right with 1/4 Endoskeleton (a prototype too) so how could they be wrong with the BD Jaw that is so ridiculous:) Plus the right hand is wrong totally:)

PopCultKid
11-17-2012, 09:38 AM
This is sick! This piece is easily their coolest Terminator release to date.

But am I the only one that finds it to be a weird move on their part to choose this to be the next DX while the previous T-2 DX is still on PO? I mean there has to be some buyers remorse and consumer anxiety going on having both of these in front of you to choose from ( a least for the non completist and more casual fan).

I would think to be a proper evil toy company you would stick T-1 police shoot version and maybe even Reese in the middle, then reveal this once the DX10 is sold out

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 09:41 AM
This is sick! This piece is easily their coolest Terminator release to date.

But am I the only one that finds it to be a weird move on their part to choose this to be the next DX while the previous T-2 DX is still on PO? I mean there has to be some buyers remorse and consumer anxiety going on having both of these in front of you to choose from ( a least for the non completist and more casual fan).

I would think to be a proper evil toy company you would stick T-1 police shoot version and maybe even Reese in the middle, then reveal this once the DX10 is sold out

Not when your primary concern is to release every exact same figure Enterbay does. :wink1:

S. Griffin
11-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Got a contact email?

INFO@HOTTOYS.COM.HK

They tend to send out a stock form e-mail response, but no worries. If enough people say something, the people in charge should see it.

S. Griffin
11-17-2012, 09:49 AM
They did it right with 1/4 Endoskeleton (a prototype too) so how could they be wrong with the BD Jaw that is so ridiculous:) Plus the right hand is wrong totally:)

Tell them.

PopCultKid
11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
Not when your primary concern is to release every exact same figure Enterbay does. :wink1:

:lol I hear ya. But I think that's a bad business approach too. Theyre already in direct comp with each other. Why go head to head on the same exact piece.

I'm sure it'll sell incredibly well because it looks bananas. And I'm sure there are reasons greater than a who has more in their pants contest as to why they're both doing the same version.

I guess it just my own selfish hopes of want to see a police station shoot out Arnie and a Reese before all this other stuff :lol

freestylex06x
11-17-2012, 10:04 AM
LOL so glad i've become better at smelling out HT's bs marketing tactics. im going enterbay all the way now.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-17-2012, 10:11 AM
LOL so glad i've become better at smelling out HT's bs marketing tactics.
What - of offering a great selection of killer figures? :huh

Really.. :lol

thiago_avelino
11-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Aweosome figure...everything the fans need. Now I ask, where is Kyle Reese ?

a-dev
11-17-2012, 10:20 AM

Agreed. When the figures are this cool why give a **** about whether they were timed to take a shot at Enterbay. And same vica versa. I mean, sure, no harm in pointing it out, but beyond that I don't think HT or EB are going to give a crap if you've ''found them out''

VintijDroidGutzz
11-17-2012, 10:25 AM
Exactly.

If your own personal collection focus is on track - & you have your true wants sorted in advance, what difference does it make what they do, when?

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Agreed. When the figures are this cool why give a **** about whether they were timed to take a shot at Enterbay. And same vica versa. I mean, sure, no harm in pointing it out, but beyond that I don't think HT or EB are going to give a crap if you've ''found them out''

:lol:lol:lol:lol

Hamanu
11-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Exactly. Just like Apple vs pretty much everyone.

Jobs said they'd never do an iPad mini... now they did and don't give a s***, nor should they :)

a-dev
11-17-2012, 10:32 AM
And they both pull the same stuff on eachother so why choose one over the other on the basis of their marketing strategies? Choose based on the actual figures.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-17-2012, 10:35 AM
All I care about, is that this amazing set is available. :yess:

I also really love that I've had time to budget between figures. :lol

cplhicks
11-17-2012, 10:37 AM
Aweosome figure...everything the fans need. Now I ask, where is Kyle Reese ?

Who knows!

I got tired of waiting and the very real possibility that HT wouldn't make him so I built two customs of him.

I often wonder how I would react if HT announced a official release for him.

freestylex06x
11-17-2012, 10:40 AM

lol here comes the hot toys nut huggers. I hope you enjoyed paying $400 for your previous figures for the same exact character and now paying $250 for another one. Great selection of the same character!

you just spend almost $700 on one character. lol great thinking

a-dev
11-17-2012, 10:46 AM
lol here comes the hot toys nut huggers. I hope you enjoyed paying $400 for your previous figures for the same exact character and now paying $250 for another one. Great selection of the same character!

Its not about fanboyism, which I hate as much as the next guy. Its simply about 'OMG this is a ****ing cool figure, I want it'. And for Terminator fans a clean T-800 and a BD T-800 are both essential. Worry not, we really don't mind that we're buying the same character again. We always wanted this.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-17-2012, 10:46 AM

I wasn't trying to offend, just presenting a counter point. :lol

I buy what I like - nothing more.

The set rocks.. I'm in. :)

siquisiri
11-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Yep!! im in the same boat. While this is cool as hell, i still would like a non damaged terminator.. the good thing? this wont be released for 8 months:lol

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 10:48 AM

"HT Nut huggers" :rotfl

Here....we.....go.

:lol:rotfl:lol

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 10:49 AM
Its not about fanboyism. Its simply about 'OMG this is a ****ing cool figure, I want it'. And for Terminator fans a clean T-800 and a BD T-800 are both essential. Worry not, we really don't mind that we're buying the same character again.

INDEED.

BOTH are essential IMO.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-17-2012, 10:51 AM
I think justifying your preferences on here is also quite balmy.

If folks can't handle a little challenging POLITE banter, then maybe they need to sit in the corner for a while. :lol

S. Griffin
11-17-2012, 10:54 AM
I wasn't trying to offend, just presenting a counter point. :lol

I buy what I like - nothing more.

The set rocks.. I'm in. :)

You're not supposed to buy what you like, you nuthugger. :Flush

snoop101
11-17-2012, 10:57 AM
$300 is pretty steep for a single figure, But it's worth every penny imo. Ive been waiting for this figure to happen for years, and it looks just as good if not better than I had hoped. And considering all of the accessories and features it has, $300 doesn't seem so bad when compared to figures like the DX 08 which was $275.

PopCultKid
11-17-2012, 11:00 AM
:lol Don't get me wrong, I'm not over analyzing market strategies or deciding what to buy based on them. Just making a point that I personally thought it was an odd play and I would've like too have seen some T1 stuff in between.

But I'm more than a casual fan and not quite hardcore either so for someone who only really needs one (and missed the V1 T2), it makes it a hard decision. Ideally I would've liked the DX10to have better likeness like this because I rather have one clean version. But to pick between the two, I'll probably go for this one.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 11:05 AM
:lol I hear ya. But I think that's a bad business approach too. Theyre already in direct comp with each other. Why go head to head on the same exact piece.

I'm sure it'll sell incredibly well because it looks bananas. And I'm sure there are reasons greater than a who has more in their pants contest as to why they're both doing the same version.

I guess it just my own selfish hopes of want to see a police station shoot out Arnie and a Reese before all this other stuff :lol

I do too, believe me. T1>T2. Though i'd prefer the final BD look of Arnold in T1. They could still add the police station shoot out sculpt with the release. Same way they did with this one.

LOL so glad i've become better at smelling out HT's bs marketing tactics. im going enterbay all the way now.

EB nuthugger.

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 11:12 AM

I think anyone for whom this look for the T-800 in a figure form is a grail, this piece is excited, but issues with the pricing transcend this figure and deal with the hobby as a whole. Costs are rising on these things and it's forcing many to re-evaluate their collecting habits, and it's a hard thing to come to terms with when you've been collecting for some time in a certain way.

better than EB I presume you mean.

I believe that was a joke that HT's damage effect looks nicer than the film makeup, which is true, figures have the luxury of just sculpting compared to a prosthetic over an existing face. Considering what they were trying to do with just makeup, I think Winston did an amazing job on T1 and T2 of making up Arnie to sell that a robot lay beneath his skin.

What they've done is beautifully executed, no denying, but EB's battle damage is more accurate. HT, as they often do, have taken artistic license. At least so it seems at the moment.

Well in fairness to them its a hell of a good 'slapping together' if thats the case.

Well I did say "sort of" :lol

You both know I'm one of the first to subscribe to the EB-HT feud as reason for how things go, but in this case, I think it's as much an attitude about the item and an artistic choice to the approach.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8203/8192949501_15ccaef6b9_o.jpg

I look at both, and with EB, I see a very focused effort to duplicate what was on screen, down to the smallest detail, as closely as possible, using just a slight bit of artistic license to sculpt the exposed Endo as though Arnie's face were really ripped away and not a prosthetic, as every company does. I look at the HT sculpt, and I can't help but think they may have even used photos of the Sideshow 1:1 bust as reference, they have the same excessive muscle showing in the damaged areas as the bust and I realize that some would show based on the idea of how a Terminator is built, but

As far as the jaw, it's quite possible they just tried to see if it would be enough just to put some detail in, even if not totally accurrate, due to the size of the piece, since really, when it's on display, you won't notice such a small detail, it'll only hurt photos, and it's probably hard to sculpt into a portrait like this rather than making just a straight endoskull.

And just for fun and use, here's all the full BD reference images of his face I have.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8350/8194038250_442aa37c21_o.jpg

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 11:13 AM
I think its hilarious that whenever some one or a group of people even slightly defend HT, then they are a "Fanboy" or "Apologists" or in this case "Nuthugger".

Why?

siquisiri
11-17-2012, 11:18 AM

Yep!! im in the same boat. While this is cool as hell, i still would like a non damaged terminator.. the good thing? this wont be released for 8 months:lol

TheObsoleteMan
11-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I think its hilarious that whenever some one or a group of people even slightly defend HT, then they are a "Fanboy" or "Apologists" or in this case "Nuthugger".

Why?

I don't understand this need to declare a "winner" between HT and EB. Whichever one you want to buy, that choice does not become less valid because everyone doesn't agree with you.

siquisiri
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM

Why?

I like good looking figures ( this is an awesome one!), whether theyr'e HT or EB, it doesnt matter to me. But there are many who will overlook obvious issues on a figure, and defend it like they own stock in the company. For example the leaky DX2 Bats. I still find it amazing that people STILL bough the fig, even after i was clear it was a POS. If you want to come out and defend such a fig, then prepare to get peeps come out against you.

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
$300 is pretty steep for a single figure, But it's worth every penny imo. Ive been waiting for this figure to happen for years, and it looks just as good if not better than I had hoped. And considering all of the accessories and features it has, $300 doesn't seem so bad when compared to figures like the DX 08 which was $275.

Probably the best comparison you could make in terms of what's in the set would be the Marcus Wright.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900492&affiliate=unimog&utm_source=unimog&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Marcus+Wright+12-inch+Figure+-+Terminator+Salvation&utm_campaign=Terminator#HotToysItem

Yeah we're talking 3 years apart and all, but if any figure has as many similarities to this set, it's him. Both have 2 coats, and at least one of Marcus' had damage to it. Both have a heavily exposed endoskull head, exposed endo arm parts.

Now, factor in general higher cost of HT figures today, plus each portrait on T-800 having posable eye technology and one electronics, more accessories, a near 2nd figure included as an accessory and honestly, I think within the realm of today's rising prices, DX13 is not like the big leap into standard figures costing $300 but rather, setting that $300 gets you a robust figure where the average figure is now $200.

You get this for $200 now.

http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/assets/media/news/images/hot-toys/hot-toys-the-avengers-thor-figure-7.jpg

$300 gets you all of this.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68055_10151123439832344_1665835945_n.jpg

Yes it's a high price for a figure, but all figure prices are high, within today's market, DX13's price is rational, in any other sense, it's irrational, but all prices are, not just this figure.

siquisiri
11-17-2012, 11:35 AM
I REALLY like this fig, and while cool, $300+ is steep for many of us here. The scary part is that this means next fall, the DX's will probably reach the $400 mark. ID rather get a nice non DX for a fair price, than all the other stuff, that id hardly use. I have the Indy and Bruce Lee DX's. and they were $50 to $70 less than this and had the environments, a second set of clothes, etc...

Probably the best comparison you could make in terms of what's in the set would be the Marcus Wright.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=900492&affiliate=unimog&utm_source=unimog&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Marcus+Wright+12-inch+Figure+-+Terminator+Salvation&utm_campaign=Terminator#HotToysItem

Yeah we're talking 3 years apart and all, but if any figure has as many similarities to this set, it's him. Both have 2 coats, and at least one of Marcus' had damage to it. Both have a heavily exposed endoskull head, exposed endo arm parts.

Now, factor in general higher cost of HT figures today, plus each portrait on T-800 having posable eye technology and one electronics, more accessories, a near 2nd figure included as an accessory and honestly, I think within the realm of today's rising prices, DX13 is not like the big leap into standard figures costing $300 but rather, setting that $300 gets you a robust figure where the average figure is now $200.

You get this for $200 now.

http://leagueofcomicgeeks.com/assets/media/news/images/hot-toys/hot-toys-the-avengers-thor-figure-7.jpg

$300 gets you all of this.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/68055_10151123439832344_1665835945_n.jpg

Yes it's a high price for a figure, but all figure prices are high, within today's market, DX13's price is rational, in any other sense, it's irrational, but all prices are, not just this figure.

captainjamesbrooke
11-17-2012, 11:38 AM
This is worth the money to me. Lots of cool bits here and I'll be happy to lay my money down to get him.

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 11:43 AM
Fanboys and haters. As soon as one of those terms comes out, you invalidate your opinion as far as I'm concerned.

Spanbauer
11-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Fantastic looking figure; the first Terminator I've actually considered getting as it's more than just Arnold dressed in leather. The price is steep but given the number of accessories I believe it's worth it so long as the headsculpts turn out as good as the prototype and don't end up looking like that terrible Terminator DX figure they just released a few weeks ago.

FDS
11-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Holly Molly! WTF wowwww, im freaking out here man!!! that is freaking awsome! I thought terminator fans like me will be flippin out here, thread after thread, but no. I'm i the only one excited about this? I read someone saying that HT don't have lisence or some thing to do the BD version and then i see this from no where, no news or hints about it wam bam and there it is a BD version eith a awsome T-1000, always wanted it like that, and the one where hes all blown up with his head upside down and twisted. Anyway this is just awsome, i know EB face looks 100% spot on amazing, but this too is awsome, i thought the DX10 looked nothing like him. No thermintor stuff comming out and then wham bahm they hit you with so many, from HCG, to HT, EB come on sideshow, its your turn to bring some thing out!

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Fantastic looking figure; the first Terminator I've actually considered getting as it's more than just Arnold dressed in leather. The price is steep but given the number of accessories I believe it's worth it so long as the headsculpts turn out as good as the prototype and don't end up looking like that terrible Terminator DX figure they just released a few weeks ago.

:lol theres nothing wrong with the DX10 sculpt. :dunno

2ndname
11-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Hmm, half a grand and I'll get the best of both world - DX10 and DC13. Time to sell some older figures!

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 12:39 PM
If you don't like the DX10 sculpt, why do you like it now that it has battle damage? I understand the issues with the paint on the final product, but you can't say the likeness is poor on the DX10 then say this one is good.

Sage Yautja
11-17-2012, 12:42 PM
That's the headsculpt im talking about! Spot-on Arnie! Marcus Wright is my only figure from the terminator license line. Let's hope this DX13 turns out like the prototype, then I would consider buying the figure.

MagnumOpus
11-17-2012, 12:47 PM
DX13 has better likeness, DX10 looks like Arnold for sure but a version who comes from another timeline:) Lastly I like DX13 a lot but you talk like it's price is normal cause the figure has heavily special make-up:)

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 12:49 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/305922_10151123439757344_1161934040_n.jpg

Reference photos of the semi-BD look too, comparing them, I think again, HT went a little to deep with the revealed Endo bits and show a bit too much muscle.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8340/8194311172_fe14e020b2_o.jpg

All that said, it's still a very impressive figure and definitely has my consideration.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 12:56 PM

It looks just about perfect in this video, even the exposed endo bits look to be shiny or "chrome" like.

MagnumOpus
11-17-2012, 12:59 PM
The pose is awesome in that video:) And the jaw part looks more accurate, that's strange...

Ash Housewares
11-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Looks stunning in the video. The endo parts looks amazing. Damn I'm gonna need to get their updated endo too.

DEATHASYLUM
11-17-2012, 01:20 PM
:yess: I think that looks awesome in the vid and what a great pose too. Happy with the decision to get this guy, even though the price was steep.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 01:25 PM
It looks just about perfect in this video, even the exposed endo bits look to be shiny or "chrome" like.

Yup. It's a real jaw dropper. It's gonna be a damn hefty bill but I need two of these.

Agentofchaos
11-17-2012, 01:28 PM
One word: Awesome.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Yup. It's a real jaw dropper. It's gonna be a damn hefty bill but I need two of these.

Yeah fo sho. Only uno for me though. Im planning on using this figure as the semi BD with the pose shown in the video, and the EB figure as the full BD.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm an insatiable bastard then :lol I want two of these, for each look AND the EB BD Arnie. :D

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 01:57 PM

Right now, EB's will have to come in at $450 at most to sway me, even if it's better looking, that's about the cutoff for any one thing right now, and man is this set tempting, I could finally do the classic stare down shot looking for the T-1000, grenade launcher aimed, pistol in hand. There's no denying the fun I could have with this set, far more versatile than EB, but I'm trying to be smart with my money and think about which I'd like to look at more on the shelf when I'm done with my photos. It's not an easy decision and there's a number of factors to weight for me, but it's so nice to have options instead of wishes finally. How many DX figures after 02 did we hope were going to be this?

shells075
11-17-2012, 02:12 PM
I will get my BD from Sideshow, so I can get the RP sculpt. I wonder if you can fit it on the T-1000 HT figure ?

highlander1
11-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Cant wait i'm gonna try grab couple sets of both dx and be set with arnie except 1st version ha ha and some endoskeleton's that are a must and hunt down a t1000 set sometime...Cant wait gonna rock a grail set up for me i've been wanting......One arnold on harley one with mini gun and others with both battle damage options...

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 02:17 PM
speaking of the T1000 anyone here plan on displaying them in a struggle?

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Right now, EB's will have to come in at $450 at most to sway me, even if it's better looking, that's about the cutoff for any one thing right now, and man is this set tempting, I could finally do the classic stare down shot looking for the T-1000, grenade launcher aimed, pistol in hand. There's no denying the fun I could have with this set, far more versatile than EB, but I'm trying to be smart with my money and think about which I'd like to look at more on the shelf when I'm done with my photos. It's not an easy decision and there's a number of factors to weight for me, but it's so nice to have options instead of wishes finally. How many DX figures after 02 did we hope were going to be this?

When the DX line started my top 5 hopes for the DX line were

-Indiana Jones
-Jack Sparrow
-T-800 Battle Damage
-Luke Skywalker
-Han Solo

And all 5 are/will be met. Thank you Figure Gods!

a-dev
11-17-2012, 02:26 PM
speaking of the T1000 anyone here plan on displaying them in a struggle?

Totally - either T-1000 beating him up with the metal rod or T-1000 impaling the crawling T-800. I think the liquid metal T-1000 will suffice for the part of their battle where T-800 still has both hands.

shells075
11-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah Im going to re-create the scene where the T-1000 drives the iron bar into Arnie. :hi5:

a-dev
11-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Wierd. Toys2 have him up but for some reason not on the front page.

http://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21278&cat=0&page=1

Johnny Utah
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM
All I need are DX's of:

Rocky
Rambo
Neo
McClane

and I can quit.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 02:30 PM
Totally - either T-1000 beating him up with the metal rod or T-1000 impaling the crawling T-800. I think the liquid metal T-1000 will suffice for the part of their battle where T-800 still has both hands.

As far as i know there isn't a hole through his chest, that would've been cool, but proberly overkill for them

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Wierd. Toys2 have him up but for some reason not on the front page.

http://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid=21278&cat=0&page=1

:lol I've been periodically refreshing their home page since yesterday. Sneeky Toys2.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 02:34 PM
When the DX line started my top 5 hopes for the DX line were

-Indiana Jones
-Jack Sparrow
-T-800 Battle Damage
-Luke Skywalker
-Han Solo

And all 5 are/will be met. Thank you Figure Gods!

All I need are DX's of:

Rocky
Rambo
Neo
McClane

and I can quit.

MMS First Class Magneto with missiles
DX Marty McFly 2015
MMS Solid Snake or Old Snake
DX John Marston
DX Snake Plissken

and i can quit

a-dev
11-17-2012, 02:34 PM
:lol I've been periodically refreshing their home page since yesterday. Sneeky Toys2.

I wonder why he hasn't made the front page. Are they trying to push older stock or something?

a-dev
11-17-2012, 02:38 PM
I just ordered one from Toys2. I want about 4 more but I better not take that step right now!

captainjamesbrooke
11-17-2012, 02:41 PM
I just ordered one from Toys2. I want about 4 more but I better not take that step right now!

Are toys2 good for preorder mate? Do two tend to get the stock in first?

Hamanu
11-17-2012, 02:41 PM

LOL. I was wondering what the number would be.

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 02:42 PM
I wonder why he hasn't made the front page. Are they trying to push older stock or something?

Probably just an error.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Whats the UK shipping from Toys2?

Do they caught b customs?

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Are toys2 good for preorder mate? Do two tend to get the stock in first?

In my experience with the DX10 and 12, yes they get stock pretty early.

captainjamesbrooke
11-17-2012, 02:45 PM
In my experience with the DX10 and 12, yes they get stock pretty early.

When did they ship your DX10 mate?

a-dev
11-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Toys2 shipments don't get stopped by customs in my experience. However, UK people, if you haven't ordered from there before the shipping may shock you.....I see it as a tradeoff for not having to pay customs.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 02:49 PM
How much is the shipping then?

a-dev
11-17-2012, 02:54 PM
$120 for me. 94euro according to XE.

FDS
11-17-2012, 03:01 PM
Shipping in UK from Sideshow is $25.00

ali032373
11-17-2012, 03:14 PM
My DX hope also includes mad max. Actually I'd take a professional bootleg like they did with a few other figs.

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 03:20 PM
When did they ship your DX10 mate?

On Wednesday, but Canada Post has become so unreliable, I have to wait until Monday.

kennykillek
11-17-2012, 03:24 PM
The amount of rationalization in this thread astonishes me. So, Hot Toys is able to release a 300 Luke Skywalker 2-pack, but they have to make THREE separate T-800s that'll cost fans a total of about 800 dollars if they want all the accessories and head sculpts? Not to mention that the DX-10 is subpar product in just about every way. Additionally, the head sculpt, while good-looking, is very inaccurate by Hot Toys standards (and the sculpts are getting worse all the time), but people are just shrugging it off, while all criticism is quickly silenced? And then you have Enterbay, who produce the most accurate sculpts in the market at the moment by far, and most in this thread are completely disregarding it because it's too big. I don't know, I just wish Hot Toys didn't take advantage of it's customers. But even more, I wish their customers weren't so easy to take advantage of.

joebizz34
11-17-2012, 03:26 PM
The amount of rationalization in this thread astonishes me. So, Hot Toys is able to release a 300 Luke Skywalker 2-pack, but they have to make THREE separate T-800s that'll cost fans a total of about 800 dollars if they want all the accessories and head sculpts? Not to mention that the DX-10 is subpar product in just about every way. Additionally, the head sculpt, while good-looking, is very inaccurate by Hot Toys standards (and the sculpts are getting worse all the time), but people are just shrugging it off, while all criticism is quickly silenced? And then you have Enterbay, who produce the most accurate sculpts in the market at the moment by far, and most in this thread are completely disregarding it because it's too big. I don't know, I just wish Hot Toys didn't take advantage of it's customers. But even more, I wish their customers weren't so easy to take advantage of.

We are disregarding EB mainly because this is a thread for the HT T2-T800 and not one for the 1/4 EB figure. I believe there is a seperate thread for that one where people are probably disregarding HT just as much as people disregard EB in this one. :dunno

TheObsoleteMan
11-17-2012, 03:28 PM

Piss off you arrogant prick.

shells075
11-17-2012, 03:29 PM
The DX13 is not out till June next year so that gives me time to save up for it. This and the Back To The Future figures (if released in 13) are all im getting next year, Promise.

kennykillek
11-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Piss off you arrogant prick.

I apologize, I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, just saying that you're willing to overlook a lot of problems that I think should really be acknowledged.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Yeah 800 dollars over the course of 4 years or so. If it were all in one year perhaps it'd be a bit much. We've always known they were gonna do it this way with multiple figures. The MMS117 thread was full of such speculation in the early days. Why not complain that DX luke doesn't also have his snowspeeder costume and his hoth costume from that same film? They can't put everything from the film into just one figure, two maybe if they compromise on stuff. I'm glad they've done it this way. :dunno

kennykillek
11-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Yeah 800 dollars over the course of 4 years or so. If it were all in one year perhaps it'd be a bit much. We've always known they were gonna do it this way with multiple figures. The MMS117 thread was full of such speculation in the early days. Why not complain that DX luke doesn't also have his snowspeeder costume and his hoth costume from that same film? They can't put everything from the film into just one figure, two maybe if they compromise on stuff. I'm glad they've done it this way. :dunno

Okay, discounting the MM, it's $535 over the course of one. That's the worst part, easily. Although I do think this DX has a much, much better value than the last figure, I am dissapointed that Hot Toys thinks this is okay. Especially when considering how expensive these guys have gotten lately, and how Enterbay's figures, which are made with much, much more plastic, are only about 100-200 dollars more.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 03:41 PM

:dunnoHow are the sculpts getting worse? These two headsculpts are some of the best ive seen from HT.

siquisiri
11-17-2012, 03:49 PM
Curious what you guys think, from a business point of view, was it smart for them to announce this DX13, right as the DX10 is being shipped out? I can see a lot of peeps canceling or not buying the DX10 in place of this. I was a few days from ordering the DX10. When I saw this, i decided to wait.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Curious what you guys think, from a business point of view, was it smart for them to announce this DX13, right as the DX10 is being shipped out? I can see a lot of peeps canceling or not buying the DX10 in place of this. I was a few days from ordering the DX10. When I saw this, i decided to wait.

Either way HT wins though. Regardless, people are still buying figures from Hot Toys.

kennykillek
11-17-2012, 03:51 PM
:dunnoHow are the sculpts getting worse? These two headsculpts are some of the best ive seen from HT.

Maybe headsculpt isn't the right word, exactly, as the detail is clearly getting better with time... maybe I mean likenesses. The likenesses are definitely getting worse. I don't think the DX-10 looks anywhere near as good as the MMS of years ago. Additionally, the new Tony Stark headsculpt, while more detailed than the Mark IV Tony Stark, doesn't really look as much like Robert Downey Jr. It's dissapointing.

TheObsoleteMan
11-17-2012, 03:55 PM
Maybe headsculpt isn't the right word, exactly, as the detail is clearly getting better with time... maybe I mean likenesses. The likenesses are definitely getting worse. I don't think the DX-10 looks anywhere near as good as the MMS of years ago. Additionally, the new Tony Stark headsculpt, while more detailed than the Mark IV Tony Stark, doesn't really look as much like Robert Downey Jr. It's dissapointing.

I would disagree on both counts, but that's why these are opinions, and not facts.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 03:57 PM

It was, people us who really want the Fatigues Naked Snake think they won't put that up for order as the Sneaking Suit is ready to ship and it'd take away sales, then this came along and debunked that idea :lol

a-dev
11-17-2012, 03:59 PM
Okay, discounting the MM, it's $535 over the course of one. That's the worst part, easily. Although I do think this DX has a much, much better value than the last figure, I am dissapointed that Hot Toys thinks this is okay. Especially when considering how expensive these guys have gotten lately, and how Enterbay's figures, which are made with much, much more plastic, are only about 100-200 dollars more.

Well its certainly true these mofos are getting more and more expensive. All it means for me though is cutting out other HT figures. I'm still gonna buy the hell out of these because Terminator has always been my biggest priority toywise.

I can't agree with the part in bold...at all. Arnie never had a squashed, hagard toadface as MMS117 has seemed to convince people of. That sculpt was great in individual details and features taken in isolation but frankly, bizarre looking as a whole. Butters is about to log on and tell me to STFU.

carbo-fation
11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Can't believe I missed this. It looks incredible. One of HT's best releases yet.:clap

kennykillek
11-17-2012, 04:02 PM
I would disagree on both counts, but that's why these are opinions, and not facts.

Actually, I'm going to have to agree with you guys on the Terminator 2 thing. I guess I'm just blinded by how impressed I was when I saw it years ago. On reflection, the newer one really is better. I apologize.

snoop101
11-17-2012, 04:02 PM

I don't see how anyone can think that this....

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/8646/pizzat8006.jpg

Isn't an improvement from this...

http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/7127/img4952d.jpg

(those are not my pics btw)

Rzeznikk
11-17-2012, 04:03 PM

My cousin was just about ready to pull the trigger on the DX10. He was just waiting for Paypal funds to clear his bank, then BAM this DX13 shows up. Cousin is now getting the DX13 instead.

Im sure there are other issues likely the same. I think HT kinda shot themselves in the foot on some early sales for the DX10 because of this. Im sure the DX10 will still sell out because it seems theres still a lot of people that like or prefer the clean look. And its cheaper.

Blade3327
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
I can't agree with the part in bold...at all. Arnie never had a squashed, hagard toadface as MMS117 has seemed to convince people of. That sculpt was great in individual details and features taken in isolation but frankly, bizarre looking as a whole. Butters is about to log on and tell me to STFU.

Great explanation, actually. I feel like they kind of dropped the ball on those individual details this time around. Dutch and the T1 Termie seemed more or less fine, so I'm curious as to how they'll handle the upcoming 1/4 versions of those.

TheObsoleteMan
11-17-2012, 04:05 PM
Actually, I'm going to have to agree with you guys on the Terminator 2 thing. I guess I'm just blinded by how impressed I was when I saw it years ago. On reflection, the newer one really is better. I apologize.

No need to apologize for having an opinion, just don't crap on others for not having the same one.

dominishin
11-17-2012, 04:08 PM
People who think the 117 Arnold sculpt has a better likeness simply:

1. Don't have the DX10
2. Ignored all of the DX10's good pics
3. Got too used to 117 and have a very warped idea of what Arnold looks like now
4. Crazy blind mofo!

117 only looks good at an angle... head-on is rough.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 04:18 PM

1. Don't have the DX10
3. Got too used to 117 and have a very warped idea of what Arnold looks like now
4. Crazy blind mofo!

Pretty much have to agree. Put on the film and hold up the MMS117 head....its off and always was. Great realism and it certainly resembled Arnie but theres no doubt in my mind that DX10 improved the likeness, even if it also didn't manage perfection - and it provided a far preferable new base for the BD sculpts.

robbiethepainter
11-17-2012, 04:24 PM

The only people getting hurt on this would be the retailers. Doesn't hurt HT because they have already produced the number of figures to fill the orders places by retailers. HT has already been paid. Now its up to the retailers to get these sold. One of the reasons for the required deposits, to help secure the preorders they are banking on.

Wake
11-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Pretty much have to agree. Put on the film and hold up the MMS117 head....its off and always was. Great realism and it certainly resembled Arnie but theres no doubt in my mind that DX10 improved the likeness, even if it also didn't manage perfection - and it provided a far preferable new base for the BD sculpts.

:exactly::goodpost:

MagnumOpus
11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Pictures don't prove anything about DX10's improvement!

http://i.imgur.com/8pjxg.jpg

Mr. EcKo
11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
The MMS version has weird eyes , someone shop the DX eyes on it and look.

That;s what throws it off IMO . the dx is a far superior sculpt

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 04:51 PM

Yup and here we are. Personally, based on your position, i'd go with the EB piece. One beautiful piece is all one needs to represent their favorite films. Everything else is excess. (imo)

I apologize, I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, just saying that you're willing to overlook a lot of problems that I think should really be acknowledged.

Nobody is forced to buy each and every attempt HT's has made. In fact, up til this point, most people were extremely satisfied with each release. Even though HT's half assed each release, us T2 fans were very happy. These new releases are just bonus imo.

The only people getting hurt on this would be the retailers. Doesn't hurt HT because they have already produced the number of figures to fill the orders places by retailers. HT has already been paid. Now its up to the retailers to get these sold. One of the reasons for the required deposits, to help secure the preorders they are banking on.

100% correct. Sideshow has taken months to well over a year (or more) to sell out of a single HT's release.

EndoSickness
11-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Just PO'ed this on my regular German shop.
Can't wait...

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 05:47 PM

Yes, and as I suspected, people are just refusing to like the DX10, maybe because they spent money on upgrading the MMS or because they didn't like the fact that this character was being redone. Whatever the reason, the lack of objectivity toward the DX10 has become very apparent now that the same sculpt that is a "terrible likeness" is now being praised on the DX13.

I'm cool with people preferring the MMS, but don't say the DX10 is terrible when pics show it clearly isn't, especially if your going to praise this sculpt's likeness when it is the DX10 before production with battle damage added.

Furyan
11-17-2012, 06:00 PM
http://i.minus.com/ib25KqHC6stxgH.gif

OMG I think I need this. How badass. Someone please tell me we are getting a new 1/6 Endo to go with him.

Invictus Sol
11-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Have to agree with those that say it was good marketing on HT's part to introduce the BD T-800 on the heels of the DX10 release. Although I love T1 and 2, I didn't feel the need to deviate from my Star Wars and (very limited -- Milk War Machine, to be precise) Marvel collecting and branch out into another franchise with the DX10.

Once I saw the DX12, though, that was out the window. Definitely will be picking this up (though debating about exclusive or not at the moment -- anyone else feel the detailed head is incongruent with the liquid morphing body?) but agree that it doesn't make much sense to have just the BD T-800 representation and that the clean needs to be there, as well. So HT roped me in for two figs, now. Also glad they were released close together as I would've been disappointed if the BD was released after the DX10 was sold out. Another plus with this franchise is that there isn't very much that I'll want after these two. A T1000 and Kyle Reese and I'd be happy [edit: and an endoskeleton...].

BTW, was there an exclusive version of DX10? I've searched around and can't seem to find anything, but just wanted to check before I buy it locally.

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Nope, no exclusive version of the DX10.

Invictus Sol
11-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Cool, thanks for the confirmation, BMD.

Solarsailor
11-17-2012, 06:27 PM

1. Don't have the DX10
4. Crazy blind mofo!

To me it's much of a muchness with the sunny's on. Which 95 people out of a hundred will display him with.

I admit the DX10 is a better sculpt overall, but the actual package is not good enough to sway me. Why would I want to spend another $250 on a piece that looks a little more like anold.

I could bet you I could switch out the figures and each of your wives or mates would not bat an eyelid. :wink1:

What it comes down to is if your a big fan of Terminator or not. There are collectors out there like me who just try and have one figure to represent the character so you have to weigh that up.

If your a big fan I have no problem with people buying all 3 even though they are a little to similar for my liking.

Lejuan
11-17-2012, 06:51 PM
To me it's much of a muchness with the sunny's on. Which 95 people out of a hundred will display him with.

That whole post sums up my position on the DX10 exactly. This DX will be harder to pass on for me though, I'll wait and see how I am for cash and interest once it's out. I'll be risking the ex. being sold out though, which would be my preferred display option.

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 06:52 PM
I ordered the EX at sideshow. After 22.50 in rewards points, it's a better deal for me than ordering from Toys2 thanks to Ontario taxes.

Voorhees27
11-17-2012, 07:02 PM
I ordered the EX at sideshow. After 22.50 in rewards points, it's a better deal for me than ordering from Toys2 thanks to Ontario taxes.

Yeah PST's a *****. What's it at like 11%? So 16% total? Damn. I've never ever had to pay PST here.

Solarsailor
11-17-2012, 07:04 PM
That whole post sums up my position on the DX10 exactly. This DX will be harder to pass on for me though, I'll wait and see how I am for cash and interest once it's out. I'll be risking the ex. being sold out though, which would be my preferred display option.

Worst case scenario flip the extra HS and pic up the exclusive. I'd imagine the HS will go for more than the EX extra. (or at least the same)

If I do eventually decide to sell MMS117 for this I would only use the light up eyeball sculpt.

I'm not a fan of splitting boxes but with these rising prices and half my play sets/extras gathering dust in the cupboard, I may have to re-think how I continue collecting. I've got a lot of dead money sitting around.

My display's are quite minimal and I only use 1 figure per shelve. I could probably make at least $150 back on this DX flogging the bits.

Lejuan
11-17-2012, 07:13 PM
Worst case scenario flip the extra HS and pic up the exclusive. I'd imagine the HS will go for more than the EX extra. (or at least the same)

:lol again, sounds exactly like my approach. I could never part out any of my sets... I imagine my grand kids face-palming themselves as they go through my stuff in a few years and discover a missing long telescope here, an absent King Leo screaming head sculpt there...

Khev
11-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Only his human eye should be PERS. :lol

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp4fbd1be2e4c058.05360431/Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg

Solarsailor
11-17-2012, 07:17 PM
:lol again, sounds exactly like my approach. I could never part out any of my sets... I imagine my grand kids face-palming themselves as they go through my stuff in a few years and discover a missing long telescope here, an absent King Leo screaming head sculpt there...

:lol Well it's good to see I'm not the only one!

I even keep the shipper boxes. I have more boxes and HT's extra bits in my cupboard than clothes...

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 07:18 PM
Yeah PST's a *****. What's it at like 11%? So 16% total? Damn. I've never ever had to pay PST here.

I get charged 13% HST. In spite of that, it still comes cheaper than Sideshow when you factor in customs fees. But in this case using my rewards points makes the purchase close to the same price (factoring in customs), so I went for it. The only annoyance is no pack out unless you pay extra. Toys2's packages are always packed out, no questions asked.

BadMuthaDude
11-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Only his human eye should be PERS. :lol

http://www.yourprops.com/movieprops/original/yp4fbd1be2e4c058.05360431/Terminator-800-Battle-Damaged-1-1.jpg

Don't forget that we also need his huge arm hidden behind his back or it's not accurate dammit! :lol

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 07:27 PM

I think it was smart overall, the most recent T2 move I think was dumb was releasing DX10, sure it has upgrades and such and offers a chance to those who missed MMS117, but really, it was a jab back at EB for the success of their T-800. If they really wanted to win folks over, putting this DX13 out would have been great, an updated T-800 and the verson so many longed for since 2010.

As far as releasing info on DX13 on the heels of DX10 shipping, I think it's smart. In the end, it'll be like 10 years between MMS117 getting into collectors' hands and DX13 getting in their hands, that's a long time to spread out one movie, especially where it's old and all the reference was available from day one. At this point, I think it helps to keep T2 enthusiasm going with a follow up to DX10 rather than let people wonder if BD would ever come. Sure there are those who may now return or cancel orders for DX10, but those will sell to someone else I'm sure, while there will also be those who will more likely get DX10 because they can have DX13 to compliment it.

I traded in my HT T2 collection to buy EB's T-800 because I thought the EB looked much more like Arnold and the HT line was too heavy on Sarah and T-1000, only the MMS117 at the time for T-800, I had a cyberdyne bash, but you get my point. The HT collection wasn't all I'd hoped, if this DX13 had come out around the time of EB T-800, I probably would have stuck with my HT collection, it would have felt more complete and been overall more satisfying. I love the T2 T-800, so my choice was a collection short of representing him much or a single figure that captured him better than anything else, I opted for a one great figure.

From pics I've seen, MMS117 definitely had a better sculptural quality to how it was made, but the features were way off. DX10 got the features more right but got a bit soft in the sculpt work. They seem to have finally gotten it right with DX13, at least the flesh, Arnold parts of the portraits.

Yup and here we are. Personally, based on your position, i'd go with the EB piece. One beautiful piece is all one needs to represent their favorite films. Everything else is excess. (imo)

I'm thinking that way, but with the importance of this figure to me, the wait it's been and all, the fun the HT figure would offer is VERY tempting, this is one of the more difficult choices I've faced in collecting, it's not easy to pick a clear winner, and it usually is for me.

a-dev
11-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I rationalise the eye not moving as it having been damaged by the 2 head impacts from that steel beam.

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 07:29 PM
I rationalise the eye not moving as it having been damaged by the 2 head impacts from that steel beam.

I just look at it as, he's a robot, why should the eye have to move like a human's, plus T2 was the only movie I saw for a long time, so despite it moving in T1, I just figured it wasn't meant to move and just saw everything and that the human eyes moving was for the disguise.

mrclean08
11-17-2012, 07:51 PM
http://i.minus.com/ib25KqHC6stxgH.gif

OMG I think I need this. How badass. Someone please tell me we are getting a new 1/6 Endo to go with him.

I would love an Endo to go with this.

MagnumOpus
11-17-2012, 07:57 PM
The one and the only disappointment about T2 movie is the hidden arm of Arnold:) I still don't understand how a perfectionist director like Jim Cameron could give that poor decision?

MaulFan
11-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Someone please tell me we are getting a new 1/6 Endo to go with him.

I would love an Endo to go with this.

Presumably at some point.

http://plasticandplush.com/images/2012/04/04/Hot-Toys-Endoskeleton.jpg

The one and the only disappointment about T2 movie is the hidden arm of Arnold:) I still don't understand how a perfectionist director like Jim Cameron could give that poor decision?

I know it looks strange, but I think T-1000 mangling up his midsection with the factory equipment does a good job of explaining his appearance.

Uncanny Web-Slinger
11-17-2012, 08:20 PM

I don't get what you mean, whats wrong with his arm? :dunno