PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

a-dev
11-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Why is Jor El out already? OMG has just launched a photo thread for him. I didn't realise he was imminent. Certainly not moreso than DX13.

Took
11-12-2013, 11:54 PM
Why is Jor El out already? OMG has just launched a photo thread for him. I didn't realise he was imminent. Certainly not moreso than DX13.

maybe they finally realised that they can't wait too long with figures from a mediocre movie, or all interest will be gone.

a-dev
11-12-2013, 11:57 PM
maybe they finally realised that they can't wait too long with figures from a mediocre movie, or all interest will be gone.

:lol you might be right. And particularly with side-characters from such a movie. Even if it is Russell Crowe.

Leon 911
11-13-2013, 12:09 AM
:lol you might be right. And particularly with side-characters from such a movie. Even if it is Russell Crowe.

I am wondering who is buying that, but when I went to its thread apparently a lot of people buying it. I know each have their own taste but to me, i donno... With gazillion figures out there it would be pretty low on my radar. But like i said am sure many that i like may be pretty low on others radar...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Double J
11-13-2013, 12:20 AM
I am wondering who is buying that, but when I went to its thread apparently a lot of people buying it. I know each have their own taste but to me, i donno... With gazillion figures out there it would be pretty low on my radar. But like i said am sure many that i like may be pretty low on others radar...

True brother. While some may think MOS was weak. Others including myself really liked the movie. And I'm getting Superman and Zod figures. I feel the same when I see people get all pumped for guys like Captain America or Thor. While they are cool. To me, they are not cool enough for me to buy them.

Leon 911
11-13-2013, 01:02 AM
True brother. While some may think MOS was weak. Others including myself really liked the movie. And I'm getting Superman and Zod figures. I feel the same when I see people get all pumped for guys like Captain America or Thor. While they are cool. To me, they are not cool enough for me to buy them.

Completely agree. Infact after my post i went on facebook and saw the pics. The darn head sculpt looks awesome. I am just not a mos fan but that russle crow sculpt is very accurate. The only figure i plan to buy from that is faora as and when it comes as i think there are not too many women figures out there so i snag one when a good one comes along...

VintijDroidGutzz
11-13-2013, 04:36 AM
I came close with the SDCC pics of the Batman and then when people were showing them in hand, but I resisted. All I had to do was think back to that original MMS 71 Batman that everyone loved . . . until it was too fat and unsightly compared to the superior DX 02 Batman . . . until it was too derpy and awkward looking with those eyes compared to the "perfect", Figure of the Year DX 12. Dot, dot, dot.

I basically sat myself down and realized that if I bought the 1/4, I'd feel that same regret I had with the Enterbay Terminator. The only real urge I was getting was from the headsculpt/mouth plate improvement (which I think Hot Toys has proven they can achieve in 1/6) and the hyping of others. Was $500 worth dropping on a couple of cool headsculpts? Nah, I'd rather buy multiple figures elsewhere.

The hardest one was the Battle Damaged 1/4 Terminator. I went back and forth on that one for weeks. I figure if I can pass on a 1/4 BD Terminator and a 1/4 Batman, I could hold out until a proper 1/6 Police Shootout. That's why I hope Hot Toys pumps the 1/4 out one like clock work (their announcement was a freakin' T2 mock up :lol), and puts more work on the 1/6, if they do one. By that time though, 1/6 figures will be $350 and 1/4, $600. :lol
It's all about common sense - & your budget, really. I've always had lots of one, & not much of the other.. :lol

You wanna talk about disciplined? I wrote the book. I've managed a couple of figures per year so far; based on true wants, what's coming & budget. This is more a general comment now, but hype seems to be a potent drug around here.. & many get seduced by it - time & time again. :huh

Just collect to enjoy.. not to 'jones', or feel you're.. investing. That **** I said about getting Mime Joker.. probably won't happen to be honest. :lol

TheFiend
11-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Good post,Vintij.

Oh, and it's good to see your old avy back.

I don't think I'll ever change mine, sig too.

paramoremcr88
11-13-2013, 05:02 AM
I had a message from Timcent to say he had Jor El in stock. I asked when did he expect the DX13 to be in stock and he said he'd have it by the end of the month.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-13-2013, 05:24 AM
Good post,Vintij.

Oh, and it's good to see your old avy back.

I don't think I'll ever change mine, sig too.

:duff

About Mime Joker - in the short term at least anyway.. I do want to get that figure eventually. :lol

Seriously though, I often read folks' posts in here about being tied up in POs - & half the time they're just 'keeping up' with the release schedule - wtf is that **** about?

It really is an asset, if one can focus on what they really love.. & just ignore the rest. It's of course a challenge when there are multiple licenses that you like to weigh up etc, but I guess exercising a bit of clarity wherever possible isn't as easy for some, as it is for others. :lol

cplhicks
11-13-2013, 05:41 AM
I just got and payed my invoice from Urban Samurai. Should be soon:panic:

TheFiend
11-13-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm getting excited to see possible improvements on the endo parts.

amvmm
11-13-2013, 07:48 AM
I had a message from Timcent to say he had Jor El in stock. I asked when did he expect the DX13 to be in stock and he said he'd have it by the end of the month.

I can't find Timcent on ebay. What's de ID? I've found one Timcent by Google search,but appears with 0 items for sale...:dunno

EVILFACE
11-13-2013, 07:54 AM

http://moviewit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/superman-affleck.jpg

a-dev
11-13-2013, 07:59 AM
http://moviewit.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/superman-affleck.jpg

What? No! Course not. Its just toys.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/angryKick.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/angryKick.gif.html)

The Skull
11-13-2013, 08:02 AM
:lol:lol:rotfl

BadMuthaDude
11-13-2013, 08:20 AM
What? No! Course not. Its just toys.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/angryKick.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/angryKick.gif.html)

:lol

Surely it's because they've been tweaking and reworking this thing for it to become the undisputed king of T2 collectibles. Otherwise, seriously what the eff?

paramoremcr88
11-13-2013, 08:24 AM
I can't find Timcent on ebay. What's de ID? I've found one Timcent by Google search,but appears with 0 items for sale...:dunno

His eBay ID is timcent88. Here's the link to his shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Figures-and-Stickers-pick

a-dev
11-13-2013, 08:38 AM

Surely it's because they've been tweaking and reworking this thing for it to become the undisputed king of T2 collectibles. Otherwise, seriously what the eff?

Or Terminator just isn't a mission priority for them anymore. :monkey2

BadMuthaDude
11-13-2013, 08:39 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/waiting_zpsdec958ed.jpg

RIDDICK
11-13-2013, 08:46 AM
Or Terminator just isn't a mission priority for them anymore. :monkey2
Well to be honest that sculpt of Jor Eh is hideous.
Let's hope it's bcuz they rushed him for numbers unlike DX13.

a-dev
11-13-2013, 08:55 AM
Well to be honest that sculpt of Jor Eh is hideous.
Let's hope it's bcuz they rushed him for numbers unlike DX13.

The sculpt itself or the quality of the final product? I was worried about the quality upon seeing OMG's pics. To be honest I think he phoned those ones in (compared to his usual standards), maybe didn't have much personal enthusiasm for Jor El. Can't blame him. Looked alright in Jingobell's set though.

RIDDICK
11-13-2013, 09:29 AM
Paint quality dropped since after Black Suit Spidey so no surprise here.
Yeah the actual sculpt is hideous, looks nothing like the actor or even real person.
It's odd to think that WB approved not only brilliant Batmen sculpts but this trash also:

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k428/hollandjing/Jor-El/DSC_5172_zps91993571.jpg

:ohbfrank:

amvmm
11-13-2013, 09:34 AM
His eBay ID is timcent88. Here's the link to his shop

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Figures-and-Stickers-pick

Thanks!:hi5:

BadMuthaDude
11-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Yeah the actual sculpt is hideous, looks nothing like the actor or even real person.
It's odd to think that WB approved not only brilliant Batmen sculpts but this trash also:

(image)

Looks like Russell Crowe as Jor-El to me.

a-dev
11-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Paint quality droped since after Black Suit Spidey so no surprise here.

Yes, the sculpt is hideous, it looks nothing like the actor or even real person.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing_zps757b8637.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/funny-gif-Steve-Carell-laughing_zps757b8637.gif.html)

RIDDICK
11-13-2013, 09:45 AM
It's 2009 Sideshow quality sculpt wise :lol :dunno

stshammgod
11-13-2013, 09:45 AM
You guys have a problem with the Jor-El sculpt?

I see no issues whatsoever. Odd to me you find problems with that.

TheFiend
11-13-2013, 09:50 AM
I'm not digging the Jor-El sculpt either. I can't say what it is but I think the proto looked better. It certainly doesn't look like 2009 Sideshow though. :lol. That's hyperbole at Sideshows Freaks best right there. :lol

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

a-dev
11-13-2013, 09:55 AM

I don't think its as perfect as others do, looks off in the eyes in some shots, but I do think its pretty clear who its supposed to be so I couldn't agree with saying it looks ''nothing like'' Crowe.

stshammgod
11-13-2013, 09:55 AM
ARNOLD
"I keep telling dem, where is my DX13? Hot Toys isn't superfantahstik any moah! All dey wanna say is, it's shipping soon bla bla, and it'll be dere when it gets dere... Stop clowning around already and give me my figyah! At least gimme pics ov da goddam figyah! Yaeeeeh!"
http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l271/efefefef/arnold2.gif

VintijDroidGutzz
11-13-2013, 09:58 AM
:lol :lol :lol

So.. I go away after leaving some meaty posts - come back a couple hours later expecting to see some related banter to engage in.. & get completely buried by - of all things, the Russell Crowe violin club?

**** me. :lol

TheFiend
11-13-2013, 09:59 AM
I don't think its as perfect as others do, looks off in the eyes in some shots, but I do think its pretty clear who its supposed to be so I couldn't agree with saying it looks ''nothing like'' Crowe.

Yeah, people love to throw that "looks nothing like" **** around a lot if the sculpt ranges anywhere from 10% to 50% off. Like you, while I think the eyes are off and some other things you definitely know who it is.

BadMuthaDude
11-13-2013, 10:21 AM

It's....

HYPERBOLE MAN!

Mike86
11-13-2013, 10:25 AM
Just got an email telling me my final flex payment will be taken out on November 19th so this figure must be coming soon!!

**16k**
11-13-2013, 10:26 AM
I'm not following this thread as I'm not interested in battle damaged figs, so maybe you all already know it,, but a good source of mine told me DX13 is out next week! :)

TheFiend
11-13-2013, 10:30 AM
Just got an email telling me my final flex payment will be taken out on November 19th so this figure must be coming soon!!

Sweet. Looks like I'll have this baby before the end of the month. :rock

a-dev
11-13-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm not following this thread as I'm not interested in battle damaged figs, so maybe you all already know it,, but a good source of mine told me DX13 is out next week! :)

Is 'next week' code for 'tonight'?

Marko77
11-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Just got my Item Shipping Soon notice as well for my last flex pay charge for 11-19-2013

**16k**
11-13-2013, 10:32 AM
Nope, next week! :)

DEATHASYLUM
11-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Just got my Item Shipping Soon notice as well for my last flex pay charge for 11-19-2013

Oh hell yeah me too!!!! Now, I'm getting excited :panic::panic::panic:

a-dev
11-13-2013, 11:01 AM
Oh hell yeah me too!!!! Now, I'm getting excited :panic::panic::panic:

Is the shipping soon notification a different one to the 14 day notice one? Do you guys not find it a bit excessive and annoying? 'Shipping soon', yeah I figured it would be what with the 14 day charge notice, I want to hear 'Shipped' not shipping soon. FS.

DEATHASYLUM
11-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Is the shipping soon notification a different one to the 14 day notice one? Do you guys not find it a bit excessive and annoying? 'Shipping soon', yeah I figured it would be what with the 14 day charge notice, I want to hear 'Shipped' not shipping soon. FS.

:lol Sorry, got wrapped up in the moment. My shipping soon email was a lot better than the Flex Payment has been delayed one, that I was so use to seeing from SSC on this figure.

Mike86
11-13-2013, 11:15 AM
I didn't get a 14 day notice. Does Sideshow send different emails to people who pay in full as opposed to those who use flex pay? It would kind of make sense since people paying in full have to have more funds available.

DEATHASYLUM
11-13-2013, 11:18 AM
I didn't get a 14 day notice. Does Sideshow send different emails to people who pay in full as opposed to those who use flex pay? It would kind of make sense since people paying in full have to have more funds available.

My email was shipping soon, last flex payment due on 11/20, make sure your sh** is together with your cc & shipping address, & call if you want a pack out....... :blissy

Snake Plissken
11-13-2013, 11:19 AM

http://i326.photobucket.com/albums/k428/hollandjing/Jor-El/DSC_5172_zps91993571.jpg

That is ****ing horrible.

Mike86
11-13-2013, 11:29 AM
That is ****ing horrible.
It isn't that bad. Not perfect but it looks pretty good overall to me.

EVILFACE
11-13-2013, 11:35 AM

Looks like something that should be on toilet paper.

BadMuthaDude
11-13-2013, 11:38 AM
Got my notice, updated my order details, now:

http://youtu.be/1dNIQVYGXbM

Snake Plissken
11-13-2013, 11:40 AM
It isn't that bad. Not perfect but it looks pretty good overall to me.

His left eye looks weird to me, can't put my finger on it.

Looks like something that should be on toilet paper.

:rotfl:exactly:

DiFabio
11-13-2013, 12:41 PM
Man, I have to cancel. This looks nothing like Arnold. Looks more like a Sideshow 2009 sculpt of Russell Crowe's retarded brother.

Where's the battle damage? Yeah, F the NRD. Cancelled.

a-dev
11-13-2013, 12:46 PM
Subjectivity is a strange thing. I've seen some pics of that figure where it looks off definitely. But that one above that RIDDICK is using to demonstrate his view would not be one of them. I would consider that one to be pretty good in fact.

DiFabio
11-13-2013, 12:48 PM
What? You're still buying this thing? You're not pissed about the lack of battle damage and accessories that were promised in the specs/pics?

Arnold doesn't have a ****ing beard! Where are the electronics?

Snake Plissken
11-13-2013, 12:50 PM
I don't remember Arnuuld having a breastplate with an "S" on it :huh

a-dev
What? You're still buying this thing? You're not pissed about the lack of battle damage and accessories that were promised in the specs/pics?

Arnold doesn't have a ****ing beard! Where are the electronics?

You know what a sucker I am. As long as it has the rod, I'm cool......it does have the rod doesn't it??

Johnny Utah
Just seeing the name Riddick makes me want a figure of the character so bad. Sideshow gave us a taste with what is possible with Snake, I wish HT would get off their Iron asses and finally show us something of their Rambo and Rocky figures. The sculpts are done.

Leon 911
11-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Subjectivity is a strange thing. I've seen some pics of that figure where it looks off definitely. But that one above that RIDDICK is using to demonstrate his view would not be one of them. I would consider that one to be pretty good in fact.

The way i look at it is that... For the demand for this and for what importance (or less importance than lead characters) it carries ... Its a pretty good sculpt. I mean while great even cat woman and superman prototype sculpt are marginally better than this. (Unless you have a great photographer) ... So my view is its pretty good for the cost, and for it not being a lead character. Hot toys has given us some mediocre sculpts for some great figures and lead characters. So am sure mos fans shld be happy unless they do screw up the superman actual product.

Leon 911
11-13-2013, 12:55 PM
Just seeing the name Riddick makes me want a figure of the character so bad. Sideshow gave us a taste with what is possible with Snake, I wish HT would get off their Iron asses and finally show us something of their Rambo and Rocky figures. The sculpts are done.

Touché!!!....

cplhicks
11-13-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't remember Arnuuld having a breastplate with an "S" on it :huh

He did. Syberdyne systems model 101 was stamped on his chest plate.

I think there was a bit of a translation error though in the overseas factory though:monkey1

Snake Plissken
11-13-2013, 02:30 PM

I'd grab a Riddick figure in a second. He's essentially Snake Plissken in space, but still has his own gimmick.

He did. Syberdyne systems model 101 was stamped on his chest plate.

I think there was a bit of a translation error though in the overseas factory though:monkey1

Maybe Skynet had the T 800s manufactured in a China Cyberdyne factory :lol

a-dev
11-13-2013, 03:55 PM
I came close with the SDCC pics of the Batman and then when people were showing them in hand, but I resisted. All I had to do was think back to that original MMS 71 Batman that everyone loved . . . until it was too fat and unsightly compared to the superior DX 02 Batman . . . until it was too derpy and awkward looking with those eyes compared to the "perfect", Figure of the Year DX 12. Dot, dot, dot.

That process is already well underway.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135890
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6271258&postcount=12120

QS001 is no longer good enough before its even in many people's hands.

Add another one:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6274057#post6274057

Apparently the world needs an even more definitivererer Ledger Joker headsculpt than the 20 that already exist. :rolleyes2

Happily disposed of my last Ledger Joker item yesterday. Which is to say that I shipped it off, having sold it.

Voorhees27
11-13-2013, 04:24 PM
I think it's fair to say that some people have a secret crush on Ledgers Joker. I cringe when I even see a pic of Ledger Joker now.

highlander1
11-13-2013, 04:34 PM
Tried to move flex up to 20th no go have to wait until 25th for last flexpay. I checked my calender might not get him until 29th or december 1st if dont get early process email. PIC'S have to be soon with Jorel out today. 2 more week's will feel like forever away...:impatient: I'm also realy liking the idea of a melt scene with this one would be very cool to see. If someone attempts one.

DiFabio
11-13-2013, 04:43 PM
I think it's fair to say that some people have a secret crush on Ledgers Joker. I cringe when I even see a pic of Ledger Joker now.

Nah, at this point I think it's more Bale Batman/Nolan Batman in general than anything else. Just look at those threads. Only the DX 11 one manages to have any activity. Sure, there's the occasional, "HOW MUCH FOR THAT 2,000 DOLLAR CUSTOM JOKER", but those have been years in the making by the same dozen or so people.

The Ledger stuff seemed to die right before TDKR. I couldn't believe my eyes when everyone was changing their avvys to Bane after seeing TDKR. :monkey4

highlander1
11-13-2013, 07:17 PM
While we wait the t2 Semi Tanker chase scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bu3b4x66DzM

Leon 911
11-13-2013, 08:05 PM
Nah, at this point I think it's more Bale Batman/Nolan Batman in general than anything else. Just look at those threads. Only the DX 11 one manages to have any activity. Sure, there's the occasional, "HOW MUCH FOR THAT 2,000 DOLLAR CUSTOM JOKER", but those have been years in the making by the same dozen or so people.

The Ledger stuff seemed to die right before TDKR. I couldn't believe my eyes when everyone was changing their avvys to Bane after seeing TDKR. :monkey4

Very well said!

Nintenjoe
11-13-2013, 11:19 PM
Just incase this info wasn't known yet...

http://imageshack.com/a/img585/3162/59fq.png (http://imageshack.com/i/g959fqp)

Bo Shrek
11-13-2013, 11:44 PM
I gonna go stick in my "Kool and the Gang" CD..... A little Celebration

Double J
11-13-2013, 11:55 PM
They emailed me saying the 21st. But I guess they moved it up a couple days. Thats fine with me tho. Now I should have this in hand before Thanksgiving. :)

Hologram AI
11-14-2013, 01:36 AM
Ah what the hell...placed my order on Sideshow.

First Terminator figure to hit my shelf. :) Wish we got some blogger pictures though. :impatient:

hawkeye
11-14-2013, 04:46 AM
Posted by Hot toys collectors on Facebook.The waiting is unbearable69258

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Since I've only ordered once from SSC. Do you guys have it packed out, or do you have it show up in just the brown shipper? Because I had the 1/4 Endo packed out and it didn't ship immediately.

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 05:08 AM
I get mine packed out.

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 05:11 AM
You just request that through one of their agents right? Because when I did it with Endo, whoever I spoke to didn't attach it to my order and I had to request it again the day it came in.

tommyh84
11-14-2013, 05:34 AM
Mine's not being charged till the 21st :(

The Chev
11-14-2013, 05:44 AM
Well this thread is starting to pick up. My WL still has not converted, but I have a good feeling it will sooner or later.

The Chev
11-14-2013, 05:45 AM
I get mine packed out.

What does packed out mean? I heard that term when Iron Man Mark 7 BD came out.

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 05:50 AM
What does packed out mean? I heard that term when Iron Man Mark 7 BD came out.

Double boxing.

mr flibble
11-14-2013, 05:58 AM
Double boxing.

Double bagging? Lol

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 05:59 AM
Double bagging? Lol

You can say that :lol

They put the shipper within another box and put brown paper towel in it to "secure" it >_>

Although it's better than just a bare box.

VintijDroidGutzz
11-14-2013, 06:01 AM
Gotta love the blurry teaser.. might as well post another pic of RUSS-EL. :lol

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 06:06 AM
Gotta love the blurry teaser.. might as well post another pic of RUSS-EL. :lol

:rotfl:rotfl

dw316
11-14-2013, 06:23 AM
Still waiting for my EX on wishlist to become a live order.

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 07:38 AM
You just request that through one of their agents right? Because when I did it with Endo, whoever I spoke to didn't attach it to my order and I had to request it again the day it came in.

I've requested it through their contact form and through chat. So far, no issues.

seniram6
11-14-2013, 07:41 AM
7 Days 'til charge date :yess:

TheFiend
11-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Russ-El. :lol

I don't care about double boxing but it is nice to see when someone takes the time to do it. Like AE, no charge at that. SSC could give a **** less. It looked like my Batman TF EX was kicked across the country.

I remember Clipper King did a review on some figure he got from SSC and it looked the same. He called them " cheap bastuhds". :lol

RIDDICK
11-14-2013, 08:31 AM
http://i690.photobucket.com/albums/vv262/RIDDICK0911/trash/release_it_already.jpg (http://s690.photobucket.com/user/RIDDICK0911/media/trash/release_it_already.jpg.html)

Double J
11-14-2013, 08:42 AM
If my shipper box has one spec of dirt that some ***** is going back.:panic:

kam veitch
11-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Should expect this in europe.... when? February 2014????

Furyan
11-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Posted by Hot toys collectors on Facebook.The waiting is unbearable69258

http://i.minus.com/i2g4tnvY057fb.gif

mr.fan
11-14-2013, 09:43 AM
Gonna be an amazing fig no doubt. Will make for an impressive display with the t1000.

DANNYSVA
11-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Here we go...
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1454703_584955588244095_697669267_n.jpg

By 'here we go', I meant blindly reposting pictures. By me. Obviously. lol

EVILFACE
11-14-2013, 09:47 AM
It's going to be Bedtime Tony Stark.

a-dev
11-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Might order one with Sideshow. If these are out on Tuesday, well, there isn't exactly much time left till then for Hong Kong to release it first.

S. Griffin
11-14-2013, 10:00 AM
7 Days 'til charge date :yess:

Is it seven or only five now. I'm getting confused :huh

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Might order one with Sideshow. If these are out on Tuesday, well, there isn't exactly much time left till then for Hong Kong to release it first.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/random/86E60CD4-A692-487A-AF94-FE058E20F20A-3067-0000045769D5A00D_zps1a0ad5d0.jpg

mr flibble
11-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Come on sideshow don't let me down! (In my best lando voice)

stshammgod
11-14-2013, 10:34 AM
No more posts unless there's a new pic of the figure!

a-dev
11-14-2013, 10:38 AM
Come on sideshow don't let me down! (In my best lando voice)

Or this'll be the longest wait for a figure of all time.

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 10:40 AM
Here it is:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/81713482-61E7-4A89-B3D5-DC3AF3002C0D-3082-00000458DCA119D5_zps99b77b09.jpg

Wow! Totally resculpted!

cplhicks
11-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Or this'll be the longest wait for a figure of all time.

We should know the release date, coming or delayed.

TheFiend
11-14-2013, 10:42 AM

McFarlane?

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 10:43 AM

McFarlane?

Most disappointing moment of my life when that came out. :lol

cplhicks
11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
It was a play off "We should be getting a reading on the shield up or down lol".

mr flibble
11-14-2013, 10:44 AM
We should know the release date, coming or delayed.

A-dev was just finishing my star war quote :slap

a-dev
11-14-2013, 10:46 AM
Here it is:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/81713482-61E7-4A89-B3D5-DC3AF3002C0D-3082-00000458DCA119D5_zps99b77b09.jpg

Wow! Totally resculpted!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That sadly was the end product of a 'resculpt' back in 2001 from McFarlane. Their initial prototype had Arnie's likeness but in the end they weren't allowed use it.

cplhicks
11-14-2013, 10:46 AM
A-dev was just finishing my star war quote :slap

I was adding my (modified) Star Wars quote on top of it lol. See my last post.

mr flibble
11-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Lol I was too quick to reply :lol

a-dev
11-14-2013, 10:48 AM
It was a play off "We should be getting a reading on the shield up or down lol".

I knew I recognised it but couldn't place the exact line you were riffing.

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 10:53 AM
:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That sadly was the end product of a 'resculpt' back in 2001 from McFarlane. Their initial prototype had Arnie's likeness but in the end they weren't allowed use it.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to call it Arnie's likeness:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/mcfarlane-t800-a1.jpg

:lol My how times have changed.

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Decided to go ahead and order from SSC. No sense in buying HT from BBTS anymore since they don't have rewards points. And you get it earlier, and I had 66$ in pts anyway.

cplhicks
11-14-2013, 10:57 AM
I knew I recognised it but couldn't place the exact line you were riffing.

I was worried it sounded too much like a "normal response/post" and that people would miss it :rotfl

agonistes86
11-14-2013, 11:04 AM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b183/mmcollectors/Terminator/mcfarlane-t800-a1.jpg

The BD prototype wasn't bad though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/187-Maul/Various/MM4-T-800prototype3.jpg

Still insignificant next to the power of the Enterbay (and hopefully Hot Toys), though.

TheFiend
11-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Decided to go ahead and order from SSC. No sense in buying HT from BBTS anymore since they don't have rewards points. And you get it earlier, and I had 66$ in pts anyway.

Not to mention a lot of retailers are allowed to offer discounts anymore. I used to order from AE all the time but now SSC has won me over. I feel a bit of a traitor. :lol

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Not to mention a lot of retailers are allowed to offer discounts anymore. I used to order from AE all the time but now SSC has won me over. I feel a bit of a traitor. :lol

Plus BBTS price gouging has pissed me off lately.

Johnny Utah
11-14-2013, 11:17 AM
I remember how gutted I was back then with the MM4 T-800...funny because I put the NECA head on it when the time came...full circle!

As for this figure, it's an exciting time. I bet the head has been redone.

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 11:21 AM
So how many are you people buying? Sometime in December/January I'll pick up a second one. The one I'll get next week will be the BD version.

a-dev
11-14-2013, 11:25 AM

Yeah I thought that was amazing at the time. Although I always thought the hair was too short on top.

I remember how gutted I was back then with the MM4 T-800...funny because I put the NECA head on it when the time came...full circle!

I've done the same and that figure eventually hit its full potential. I still have it and love it. Really a treasured figure for me. I've never sell it or give it away.

BadMuthaDude
11-14-2013, 12:12 PM

As for this figure, it's an exciting time. I bet the head has been redone.

I did that, but then I sold the NECA figure so I was stuck with a headless Mcfarlane Terminator. I finally threw it out a week ago.

Leon 911
11-14-2013, 01:50 PM

You save on tax though!

DarthAlias
11-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Eventually SS will be the main site to order HT from. The other AD won't be offering anymore discounted prices since SS is limiting the amount of HT. That's why BBTS sells out quickly and now CSC is selling out quicker. It's unfortunate but ultimately we will probably only order from SS.

cplhicks
11-14-2013, 02:15 PM
SS is eventually going to move to the point where you can only get it from them.

It is never a good idea to have a distributor (you know to distribute things) that sells the items direct.

They control the supply and someday they will just say that they are only going to sell everything themselves and all HT's will become SS exclusives.

The writing has been on the wall for some time now.

Voorhees27
11-14-2013, 02:22 PM
It's going to be Bedtime Tony Stark.

:yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:

Cap'n Cook
11-14-2013, 02:23 PM
I'll be buying this.

a-dev
11-14-2013, 02:27 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/untitledrwe5.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/untitledrwe5.jpg.html)

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 02:28 PM
So where is it?

Cap'n Cook
11-14-2013, 02:32 PM
You tell us. You're always one of the first.

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 02:34 PM
You save on tax though!

And made a nice 15$ bucks in reward pts too.

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 02:39 PM
You tell us. You're always one of the first.

Haven't seen a sign of it yet. It's close though, i can feel it....

:panic:

Johnny Utah
11-14-2013, 02:40 PM
I said it to the bird to get this for me for Xmas. Last year it was the DX10. Damn do I love me some Schwarzenegger.

Now give me that PS T-800 and John Matrix figure HT.

Snake Plissken
11-14-2013, 02:41 PM
I said it to the bird to get this for me for Xmas. Last year it was the DX10. Damn do I love me some Schwarzenegger.

Now give me that PS T-800 and John Matrix figure HT.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 02:44 PM
I rarely say this. But I have a feeling we are in for a surprise with a re-worked head sculpt.

Meter Man
11-14-2013, 02:45 PM
I rarely say this. But I have a feeling we are in for a surprise with a re-worked head sculpt.

As long as it's a good surprise...

Johnny Utah
11-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Think about it: delays, no updated pics, numerous people posting what was wrong with the sculpt, and the sheer awesomeness of EB's flawless sculpt in their face.

mr flibble
11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah I've got a good feeling about this, I love my enterbay bd figure but really want this to hold its own next to it. With this I get to do poses I can't with the 1/4

Hologram AI
11-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Something isn't right here..

What is this Christmas persona?

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8458_33.gif

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 03:08 PM
Something isn't right here..

What is this Christmas persona?

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic8458_33.gif

For 3 or 4 weeks every year I lose the Pumpkin, it's just not right in the season of goodwill, kindness and tolerance.

(Santa with an axe is much more appropriate)

Voorhees27
11-14-2013, 03:10 PM
So where is it?

Random body search at the airport.

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 03:17 PM
Random body search at the airport.

:lol.........................

shells075
11-14-2013, 03:22 PM
A seriously altered sculpt would explain all the :impatient:

If SS are releasing the 19th. IDK why no pics have been shown yet. :dunno

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 03:57 PM
Honestly, I don't read HT delays as any sign of anything anymore. The 1/4 EB being so good though? That will hopefully make a difference.

highlander1
11-14-2013, 04:08 PM
I should avoid all contact and news since were so close to getting without pic's but dont think i could some news would leak through unless i avoided internet entirely to get the suprise release. I bet tommorow we see him.

Rorywan
11-14-2013, 04:13 PM
I should avoid all contact and news since were so close to getting without pic's but dont think i could some news would leak through unless i avoided internet entirely to get the suprise release. I bet tommorow we see him.

I enjoy all the build up and freak out. It's part of the fun for me with HT.
:monkey3

sixth_sith
11-14-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm glad your all enjoying the anticipation as much as I am...

The good news is... it's Hot Toys, they barely, rarely ever shat the bed.

The bad news is... WTF is going on here. This is a total conspiracy theory... no figures get "hidden" like this except Indy that I can remember.

They blamed that on distribution but I fully blame that on controversy.

As for the DX13. Terminator is special. Terminator started this whole mess. What if, Just WHAT IF, they wanna surprise us with something new we didn't see like a weapon!

:blissy

a-dev
11-14-2013, 08:57 PM
You surely speak of a teargas launcher.

I don't see that happening but improvements to the rest of the figure are a possibility. :pray:

sixth_sith
11-14-2013, 09:02 PM
You surely speak of a teargas launcher.

I don't see that happening but improvements to the rest of the figure are a possibility. :pray:

Aye that's the one.

I just hope JC and the execs remember why they got into this business in the first place, they are fans like us. DX13 in 2013, nice milestone, 200 plus figs later. An anniversary edition if you will.

TheFiend
11-14-2013, 10:36 PM

I do too. I've been saying that for a while now.

OMG
11-15-2013, 01:59 AM
I'm about to open it up

paramoremcr88
11-15-2013, 02:04 AM
:yess: :hi5:

annihilate22
11-15-2013, 02:32 AM
:panic: :panic: :panic:

sixth_sith
11-15-2013, 02:35 AM
I'm about to open it up

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

River Man
11-15-2013, 03:19 AM
I'm about to open it up

Awesome! :clap

mr flibble
11-15-2013, 03:21 AM
:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy

EndoSickness
11-15-2013, 03:40 AM
WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!??!?!?!
:panic: :panic: :panic:

RIDDICK
11-15-2013, 03:42 AM
I'm about to open it up

I'm about to find you and smash your head for posting such pointless posts, we've had enough of this **** from Hot Toys themselves.

From Russia with love!

Rorywan
11-15-2013, 04:00 AM
I'm about to find you and smash your head for posting such pointless posts, we've had enough of this **** from Hot Toys themselves.

From Russia with love!

Brilliant! :lol
I can picture you doing it too.

TheFiend
11-15-2013, 04:09 AM
Finally, within hours or a day we'll see if those endo parts have changed for the better or the worse. I have a good feeling its for the better. :rock

shells075
11-15-2013, 04:25 AM
How does OMG get the figures so early. :dunno

Johnny Utah
11-15-2013, 05:17 AM
Has the sculpts been tweaked?

BadMuthaDude
11-15-2013, 06:23 AM
I'm glad your all enjoying the anticipation as much as I am...

The good news is... it's Hot Toys, they barely, rarely ever shat the bed.

The bad news is... WTF is going on here. This is a total conspiracy theory... no figures get "hidden" like this except Indy that I can remember.

They blamed that on distribution but I fully blame that on controversy.

As for the DX13. Terminator is special. Terminator started this whole mess. What if, Just WHAT IF, they wanna surprise us with something new we didn't see like a weapon!

:blissy

Just last year, they the same thing with the DX10. Must be a terminator thing.

stshammgod
11-15-2013, 06:37 AM
It's most likely the terms of the license. They did the same damn thing with the DX05.

sixth_sith
11-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Just last year, they the same thing with the DX10. Must be a terminator thing.

ahh ok, I didn't get the dx10 originally, only much later.
This silent release stuff sure is rare and weird though.

Guess we are just hours now

sixth_sith
11-15-2013, 06:42 AM
lol actually i wont lie,

it's 5:41am right now, and OMG posted at 12:59, I literally checked this thread every five minutes since.

I have to go to bed! God dammit will the pics be here when I get up!!!???

:panic::panic::panic::lol:lol

paramoremcr88
11-15-2013, 06:44 AM
Timcent said he may have him next week! :yess:

So many releases coming out within weeks of each other. DX14, Amazing Spider-Man, Jor-El now this!

BadMuthaDude
11-15-2013, 07:09 AM
lol actually i wont lie,

it's 5:41am right now, and OMG posted at 12:59, I literally checked this thread every five minutes since.

I have to go to bed! God dammit will the pics be here when I get up!!!???

:panic::panic::panic::lol:lol

It usually takes a couple of days after he gets it to post pics. He may not be authorized to post them until next week.

OMG
11-15-2013, 07:10 AM
:panic::panic::panic:

Middle of next week or weekend

Hologram AI
11-15-2013, 07:13 AM
Did they change the sculpt?

shells075
11-15-2013, 07:36 AM
Middle of next week ! :rotfl are you having a laugh?

I will have the fig myself by then, oh well I think its good in a way, not seeing the fig till I get it in hand.

How about I post teaser pics when I get him in hand next week. Lol.

a-dev
11-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Right, definitely ordering one from Sideshow then. Might aswell cover all options for getting him as quickly as possible.

stshammgod
11-15-2013, 07:48 AM
Right, definitely ordering one from Sideshow then. Might aswell cover all options for getting him as quickly as possible.

Hey do you like Terminator? :rotfl

a-dev
11-15-2013, 07:53 AM
and done.

I'm somewhat fond of it, yes :lol

The Skull
11-15-2013, 07:53 AM

:panic: so you will get when sideshow starts charging, guess they don't want anyone to pull out early:lol

stshammgod
11-15-2013, 07:54 AM
and done.

I'm somewhat fond of it, yes :lol

That makes two of us! :hi5:

shells075
11-15-2013, 07:55 AM

I have a sneaking suspicion he does, :lol

highlander1
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4psKYpfnYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQFxmAdyKcg

:impatient::gah::lol

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 07:59 AM
and done

The regular? If it's anything like Sideshow's other releases, the exclusives ship first and the regulars don't ship out until weeks/a month later.

stshammgod
11-15-2013, 08:04 AM
ARNOLD I have a bunch of questions, and I want dem answered immediately. Is it coming dis weekend? Is it coming in the morning, is it coming in the afternoon? Is it coming next week? Did they tweak that headsculpt? Did they do both? I keep asking, where is my DX13? Dis is all talk! No more talk! Stop it! Gimme pics ov da goddam figyah! Yaaaargh!"

Hologram AI
11-15-2013, 08:06 AM
Jebus that gif though..

highlander1
11-15-2013, 08:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4psKYpfnYs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAgz4txbgqc

hawkeye
11-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Timcent said he may have him next week! :yess:

So many releases coming out within weeks of each other. DX14, Amazing Spider-Man, Jor-El now this!

If sideshow gets it next week then timecent will also get it next week.I have my preorder from him cause its cheaper to pay the scalper ebay prices than get it from sideshow.The custom charges are 80% of the actual price here in Greece

a-dev
11-15-2013, 08:33 AM
The regular? If it's anything like Sideshow's other releases, the exclusives ship first and the regulars don't ship out until weeks/a month later.

Well, only the regular is available there now right? So I guess that's what I ordered....with an NRD. Excellent.

annihilate22
11-15-2013, 08:43 AM
Well, only the regular is available there now right? So I guess that's what I ordered....with an NRD. Excellent.

Funny thing is, the Ex is $10 cheaper than the regular and has a Flat Rate shipping of $10 in the US.

The regular on the other hand is $314 and costs $18.38 to ship Domestic. :cuckoo:

EVILFACE
11-15-2013, 08:45 AM

You will get the Poverty version since the Elite is sold out. :wave

a-dev
11-15-2013, 08:49 AM
You will get the Poverty version since the Elite is sold out. :wave

Pfff. Y'all can keep your useless chrome T-1000 heads!

Double J
11-15-2013, 08:55 AM

:lol I'll be using the T 1000 head. I like it.

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 09:00 AM

Whaaaa?

I thought a-dev wanted dat chrome?

Exclusives aside, I'm just warning you, don't be surprised if the regular doesn't ship out to you until December or the New Year. That's what Sideshow typically does. The exclusive batches go out first, then the regulars. I fear you won't be getting your 14 day notice anytime soon.

Konn
11-15-2013, 09:02 AM
Whaaaa?

Exclusives aside, I'm just warning you, don't be surprised if the regular doesn't ship out to you until December or the New Year. That's what Sideshow typically does. The exclusive batches go out first, then the regulars. I fear you won't be getting your 14 day notice anytime soon.

I got a 14 day notice for my poverty version. so Im stoked.

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 09:06 AM
Oh, then there might be hope.

a-dev
11-15-2013, 09:08 AM
Whaaaa?

If that proves to be the case then that's a kick in the face as getting it sooner rather than later was my primary motivation in ordering there and putting up with the customs fee I'll have to pay.

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Well Konn got a regular and got a 14 day notice, you might be good.

Hot Toys/Sideshow releases aren't exactly consistent now a days. :lol You think you know how it works then it gets changed up completely.

Konn
11-15-2013, 09:16 AM
Well Konn got a regular and got a 14 day notice, you might be good.

Hot Toys/Sideshow releases aren't exactly consistent now a days. :lol You think you know how it works then it gets changed up completely.

Agree with as many figures they are pushing out . Jor-el Amazing collapsable Spiderman. Now IM3 The Mechanic is out for early release in December. I like buying from BTTS some times over Sideshow. You pay in full something . They give you fast updates. Sideshow you have to wait a few days to get anything. They may have improved the web site but the system still sucks.

shells075
11-15-2013, 12:26 PM

I'm thinking the fig looks so bad, your waiting till next week to reveal, so people don't cancel their order? :dunno

RIDDICK
11-15-2013, 12:37 PM
By this time you'll be punished for your crimes against collectors.

shells075
11-15-2013, 12:43 PM
lol yeah, when I read middle of next week I burst out laughing. :lol

Budo17
11-15-2013, 12:43 PM
I cannot wait to finally get this one, I just ordered the Enterbay BD, because that one looks too good to pass up, and will hopefully be the only 1/4 scale I need. Once I have this one, I'll hopefully be almost done with collecting. Just need Robocop and that's it!

Until they decide to release Batman Returns, Back to the Future...or some other childhood movie. Or redo Predator Arnie, Rambo, Rocky, Commando...I might be collecting for a while actually:slap

Rorywan
11-15-2013, 12:46 PM
It doesn't end, ever.

a-dev
11-15-2013, 12:48 PM
By this time you'll be punished for your crimes against collectors.

lol yeah, when I read middle of next week I burst out laughing. :lol

Come on guys, he can only post pics when he's allowed to. Blame HT for the waiting.

shells075
11-15-2013, 12:52 PM
lol yeah, when I read middle of next week I burst out laughing.

I burst out laughing and then got angry, very angry, probably the most angry anyone has ever been.

Budo17
11-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Yeah, I know - we are about to move in a a new place, and I will have my own display room then -I hadn't seen all my figures displayed together, and it's pretty impressive seeing all the Terminators, Batmans and Bruce Lee's together. And the occasional random figure like Carlito or Chaplin. But yeah, this might not ever end.

shells075
11-15-2013, 12:55 PM
Come on guys, he can only post pics when he's allowed to. Blame HT for the waiting.

Fair enough, but what a tease. Saying he has the fig, then oh I can show you pics middle of next week. :thud:

I was like, 'have I missed something here' :dunno

DarthAlias
11-15-2013, 01:09 PM
don't worry guys, as soon as mine ships, hopefully on the 19th, i'll have him next day and i'll post pics! none of this mid next week to next weekend nonsense....but i can say, the pics won't be nearly as good as OMG's.

a-dev
11-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Fair enough, but what a tease. Saying he has the fig, then oh I can show you pics middle of next week. :thud:

It was disappointing to read that but I guess I was also glad to see him say that he has it.

I did threaten to be extremely pissed off if/when the teasing started but I dunno, I don't feel quite so annoyed as I thought I would. Give me time!

don't worry guys, as soon as mine ships, hopefully on the 19th, i'll have him next day and i'll post pics! none of this mid next week to next weekend nonsense....but i can say, the pics won't be nearly as good as OMG's.

Good man! :yess:

Voorhees27
11-15-2013, 01:19 PM

Attention whoring? :dunno

Sure they will. OMG's pics are awesome but I've seen a few cases where others represented the likeness better. If that makes sense. They're not always flattering pictures imo. Git'r dun son :D

Double J
11-15-2013, 01:21 PM
I keep getting the feeling that the sculpt is gonna still be the same as the prototype. So I'm fine without pics. I can wait till I get it in hand to see how he looks :)

shells075
11-15-2013, 01:50 PM

Sure they will. OMG's pics are awesome but I've seen a few cases where others represented the likeness better. If that makes sense. They're not always flattering pictures imo. Git'r dun son :D

Hey Im not even aloud to express my opinion on here without getting some grief from some kid.

RIDDICK
11-15-2013, 01:54 PM
He could at least answer about BD head/chest/arm fixes.

:exactly: :monkey4

shells075
11-15-2013, 02:05 PM

:exactly: :monkey4

Damn you too. Fine you don't like me :(, I don't care much for you either, :exactly:

TheFiend
11-15-2013, 02:06 PM
I have high hopes for this. I feel we're going to see some adjustment to the endo areas. I think I'd be gutted more than usual if this has that same soft look of the DX10 with the same endo parts the proto had. I really don't think that will be the case here though.

Oh, and sorry OMG, but I really don't see the point of getting everyone all hyped just to say 'Oh, not now, later.' :lol

shells075
11-15-2013, 02:16 PM
I have high hopes for this. I feel we're going to see some adjustment to the endo areas. I think I'd be gutted more than usual if this has that same soft look of the DX10 with the same endo parts the proto had. I really don't think that will be the case here though.

Oh, and sorry OMG, but I really don't see the point of getting everyone all hyped just to say 'Oh, not now, later.' :lol

Yeah I know that's what I mean, I didn't want to DRAW ATTENTION to myself :lol but I thought I would make the point.

BadMuthaDude
11-15-2013, 02:34 PM
"Hey, I got the figure. Pics coming next week."

"I hate you, you son of a b---h!"

Sideshow Freaks.

shells075
11-15-2013, 02:42 PM
"Hey, I got the figure. Pics coming next week."

"I hate you, you son of a b---h!"

Sideshow Freaks.

Yeah it did feel as though he was sticking his fingers up at us all. :gah:

BadMuthaDude
11-15-2013, 03:04 PM
I dont see what OMG does to cause such an uproar. Perhaps ppl are a little restless? I don't care if he tells us he has it before he's allowed to post pics. Nice to know that the release is official.

a-dev
11-15-2013, 03:24 PM

OK, fair enough. Although I don't think OMG is himself a T-fanatic, if memory serves when he got the DX10 he admitted he wasn't quite sure how to dress him for accuracy etc etc. He wouldn't necessarily be able to say ''oh yeah the full BD head has been reworked and is accurate now'' etc etc

I dont see what OMG does to cause such an uproar. Perhaps ppl are a little restless? I don't care if he tells us he has it before he's allowed to post pics. Nice to know that the release is official.

Agreed. I'm as impatient as the next guy but, as we were talking the other day about not discouraging people from posting pics, lets not turn OMG away.

shells075
11-15-2013, 03:35 PM
So does OMG work for Hot Toys or something?
Is that why he's got to hold fire on releasing the pics.

a-dev
11-15-2013, 03:38 PM
So does OMG work for Hot Toys or something?
Is that why he's got to hold fire on releasing the pics.

As far as I know they send him all these figures for free to photograph them, knowing that his pics have helped them sell. Presumably if he posts pics before they authorise him to he might lose that privilege.

Rorywan
11-15-2013, 04:06 PM
There is no point in *****in at OMG, he does what he does. HT pretty much sponsor him. He has to play ball with them. I think his little tease posts are just something he does for fun, it's not ego, he's beyond that IMO. He's just trying to have some fun with what he does.
That's my take anyway.

RIDDICK
11-15-2013, 04:10 PM
HT pretty much sponsor him.
So why can't we "*****in at him" if he is not a colector in a sense and more like HT employee :lol

shells075
11-15-2013, 04:10 PM
As far as I know they send him all these figures for free to photograph them, knowing that his pics have helped them sell. Presumably if he posts pics before they authorise him to he might lose that privilege.

Oh I see, thanks for filling me in. It will all be water under the bridge anyway when the fig is released next week.

mr.fan
11-15-2013, 04:14 PM
OMG finally speaks and its a tease!!!! Damn him lol!!!

Johnny Utah
11-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Please God let that sculpt be tweaked. They did wonders with the QS Batman.

Sidious-66
11-15-2013, 04:15 PM
I know a-dev has said in the past that he wished that there was more customizers for Terminator figures but it will be good to get a figure in hand that will not need any modding done to it unlike the Nolan Batman figures.

I'm not having a pop at them as I have done mods to all my Nolan figures but there is something nice about getting a figure and keeping it stock.

Rorywan
11-15-2013, 04:23 PM
So why can't we "*****in at him" if he is not a colector in a sense and more like HT employee :lol

Man, I love your post and attitude. Of course you can ***** at him.
:)

RIDDICK
11-15-2013, 04:32 PM
Of course you can ***** at him. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRfmVe7iL4k

sixth_sith
11-15-2013, 04:39 PM
:peace Funny I wouldn't care if this were any other figure.

A John Matrix in shopping mall attire + extra combat head and gear would be high up there, but this wins because of the machinery and robotics.

I wonder if I buy 4 DX13 bases and put four of them into a square, if it would look like a graited floor. Then I might be able to display the damn chrome golfer, put a severed T-800 arm in the hole

Mr Walker
11-15-2013, 04:48 PM

Prepare to be gutted.

Leon 911
11-15-2013, 05:16 PM
I would love to see some changes but i doubt they would do that. My personal view is hot toys was facing production challenges due to high volume of figures etc. my speculation that they signed up another team / factory / production house whatever you want to call it and that's why we are seeing faster turn around on other products as well.. Like jor el, robocop (first installment is triggered for people etc) ...

I would love to be wrong as i feel lot of scope to better the bd on the face to come any close to enterbay and i let go of enterbay as I was hoping they made improvements. but now my worry is that it was just a delay cause of bandwidth challenges at the production end....

OMG
11-15-2013, 07:03 PM
After spending a night with it, I notice they change the wound on the face but the sculpt look same as proto to me, double elbow joint now and one change I really like is the BD on the jacket no-longer show the elbow joint. :panic::panic::panic:

I thought letting you guys know in advance when to come back for pics is a good thing ...... guess I'm wrong ...... :panic::panic::panic:

a-dev
11-15-2013, 07:06 PM
After spending a night with it, I notice they change the wound on the face but the sculpt look same as proto to me, double elbow joint now and one change I really like is the BD on the jacket no-longer show the elbow joint. :panic::panic::panic:

I thought letting you guys know in advance when to come back for pics is a good thing ...... guess I'm wrong ...... :panic::panic::panic:

Interesting, thanks for the info. Good or bad, changes have been made. Glad about the double-jointed elbows, that should facilitate the 'scanning for T-1000' pose more accurately.

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 07:08 PM

What do you think of the PERS eyes? How does it work with the electronics? I take it there's only one joystick for one eye like Hulk, QS Batman, etc.

Did anyone post this?

https://scontent-b-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/q71/s720x720/1385666_585481878191466_2107533649_n.jpg

Meter Man
11-15-2013, 07:12 PM

It's a very good thing. It creates hype around the much anticipated release of this figure. I'm looking forward to your photos next week!

a-dev
11-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Did anyone post this?

Nope. So that's Jingobell taking his pics too then.

The Chev
11-15-2013, 07:37 PM
And Here we....go!

Voorhees27
11-15-2013, 07:42 PM
And Here we....go!

http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee351/roynajmeddine/018b48fe7879c0f8575bb075f3240e79.jpg

BadMuthaDude
11-15-2013, 07:42 PM

No, I'm glad to have you confirm that it's been released. Looking forward to the pics.

OMG
11-15-2013, 08:01 PM
There is a little drumstick for controlling the single eye ball like the DX batman, light up eyes doesnt move :panic::panic::panic:

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 08:04 PM
There is a little drumstick for the controlling the single eye ball like the DX batman, light up eyes doesnt move :panic::panic::panic:

Cool.

-----------------------------

Now that Mime Joker, BD T-800, Jor-El and ASM Spider-Man are showing up, Hot Toys has pretty much caught up with their releases right? I know people were fussing over ASM Spider-Man but everything is on schedule now isn't it?

Preorder

- Stark the Mechanic Dec
- Red Snapper Dec
- Roadblock Dec

- Robocop Feb
- Robo w/ chair Feb
- ED 209 Feb
- Mark XLII Feb
- Heartbreaker Feb

- MOS Superman Mar

- Batman Apr
- Robin Apr
- Mandarin Apr
- Iron Patriot Apr
- The Crow Apr
- Tonto Apr
- MOS Zod Apr

- Wolverine May

- Celtic Predator June

- Thor 1 Sept
- Thor 2 Sept
- Silver Centurion Sept
- Harlock 1 Sept
- Harlock 2 Sept

- Igor Oct

Specs/Pics ???

- Battle Damaged Murphy ???
- '66 Batmobile ???
- Dark Loki ???
- Bruce Banner ???
- Avengers Chitauri ???
- Mark 39 Space ???
- Ichabod Crane ???
- Lone Ranger ???
- Batsignal ???
- Batcage ???
- The Bat ???
- 1/4 Police Shootout ???

Unannounced

- Batman Returns (Batman, Penguin, Catwoman)
- Back to the Future
- Arkham Asylum (Batman, Joker)
- X-Men First Class (Xavier)
- Maleficent
- Brometheus (Shaw)

The Skull
11-15-2013, 08:21 PM
There is a little drumstick for controlling the single eye ball like the DX batman, light up eyes doesnt move :panic::panic::panic:

so the full BD head has no seam for pers?

a-dev
11-15-2013, 08:25 PM
so the full BD head has no seam for pers?

It would still have a seam somewhere no? In order to access the single joystick for the remaining human eye.

OMG
11-15-2013, 08:37 PM
The non BD head dont require the use of drumstick, The BD head, open up the back of the skull to move the eye and turn on the LED ~ :panic::panic::panic:

shells075
11-15-2013, 08:42 PM
Is this an accurate depiction of the final sculpt ?

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/12860_10151123439022344_439261506_n.jpghttps://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/18092_10151123438932344_579334288_n.jpg
proto pic

a-dev
11-15-2013, 08:43 PM
I find myself unsure if I should ask OMG certain things or leave it to the pics next week to find out.

ebor
11-15-2013, 08:46 PM
Looking forward to Sunday...right OMG:yess:

:panic:

shells075
11-15-2013, 08:47 PM
I find myself unsure if I should ask OMG certain things or leave it to the pics next week to find out.

I fear he has kind of dug his own grave on this one. :faq

Predrhone
11-15-2013, 08:52 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that the endo eye doesn't move, but at the same time I can't really be disappointed because it's movie accurate in that respect. Can't wait for pics now, this next week needs to fly by.

shells075
11-15-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm kind of disappointed that the endo eye doesn't move, but at the same time I can't really be disappointed because it's movie accurate in that respect. Can't wait for pics now, this next week needs to fly by.

Eh, the fig is released this coming Tuesday, you could have it by Wednesday if ur lucky. OMG will post pics sometime this millennium I guess.

Voorhees27
11-15-2013, 09:06 PM

Eh, either way we're buying the darn thing so I wouldn't bother asking.

EVILFACE
11-15-2013, 09:10 PM

DiFabio
11-15-2013, 09:13 PM
Eh, you ****ed it up.

agonistes86
11-15-2013, 09:14 PM

That's great news. Already having the Enterbay T-800, I really want to pose this with the semi BD head. I wasn't really feeling the damage on the prototype (and as mentioned numerous times was very inaccurate of course), so this gives me hope. :) And like a-dev says, great news about the double jointed elbow as well, can't wait to do the "scanning for the T-1000" pose. :blissy

shells075
11-15-2013, 09:16 PM

This takes me back to when I was 6 years old and I used to repeat everything people said. :lol
U guys R so crazy.
Can a mod close down this thread for a week pls.