PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

a-dev
09-20-2013, 08:18 PM
Its honestly the only thing worth doing at this point. Make that or don't bother at all. Buuut I guess more time travel and good Terminator/Bad Terminator is the order of the day.

dw316
09-20-2013, 08:19 PM
They're supposedly making a 5th one yeah? I wonder what the setting and premise will be for that one.

S. Griffin
09-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Interesting.... I haven't seen the films in a while, maybe they explained this or maybe someone could explain it to me really quick. If Kyle is John's father and dies during the time he is sent back to protect Sarah, does that mean it is a constant loop/circle? I guess I'm wondering, how does John exist in Kyle's world in the time before he is sent back? Does that make sense? I might just be over-thinking but I was always wondering that.

It's a theoretical phenomenon referred to as a predestination paradox or a temporal causality loop, which is the term more often used in science fiction works. It is indeed a constant loop, which is how John exists in Kyle's world before Kyle is sent back to father him. Wikipedia actually does a surprisingly good job explaining it. Either term should get you to the article, if you're interested.

dw316
09-20-2013, 08:53 PM
It's a theoretical phenomenon referred to as a predestination paradox or a temporal causality loop, which is the term more often used in science fiction works. It is indeed a constant loop, which is how John exists in Kyle's world before Kyle is sent back to father him. Wikipedia actually does a surprisingly good job explaining it. Either term should get you to the article, if you're interested.

I will definitely check it out. Always love learning new things. Thanks, mate!

P.
09-21-2013, 12:50 AM
Is the DX 13 made of mimetic Polly Alloy? ;) Bend over :rotfl:rotfl

On a more serious note this came up in a Terminator book that followed the Cameron timeline. At the end of the last book it shows up what went on at the time displacement facility.

John Connor asks for a volunteer damn well knowing who is going to put his hand up. Reese specifically asks if he can take future weapons to which the scientist guy tells him "Not unless you can fit it up your @ss" He than goes on to explain how only living tissue can go through.

John sends Reese through and than he sends Uncle Bob through and than blows the place. The best part of this scene is that Sarah is still alive and joined John on the mission. She hides herself out of sight of Reese and watches him leave for the past in order to save her life. Such a bittersweet moment.the highlighted part is impossible if i understood it correctly (Sarah being alive while discovering the time displacement machine): a book written by Randall Frakes who had all the access to the original full T2 script, describing all undone future scenes in T2, clearly states that Sarah Connor died while leading a squadron just before Resistance shut the Skynet down. John got the news while finishing the supercomputer. she never saw the Skynet defeat with her own eyes.

Randall Frakes is a film and science fiction writer primarily known for his work with long-time friends, Bill Wisher, and James Cameron on The Terminator and Terminator 2: Judgment Day.i have no luck to have that book in english (only the translated one), so i cannot give an original quote of the event.

The Chev
09-21-2013, 04:30 AM
Is the DX 13 made of mimetic Polly Alloy? ;) Bend over :rotfl:rotfl

On a more serious note this came up in a Terminator book that followed the Cameron timeline. At the end of the last book it shows up what went on at the time displacement facility.

John Connor asks for a volunteer damn well knowing who is going to put his hand up. Reese specifically asks if he can take future weapons to which the scientist guy tells him "Not unless you can fit it up your @ss" He than goes on to explain how only living tissue can go through.

John sends Reese through and than he sends Uncle Bob through and than blows the place. The best part of this scene is that Sarah is still alive and joined John on the mission. She hides herself out of sight of Reese and watches him leave for the past in order to save her life. Such a bittersweet moment.

THat would be a cool thing to see.

a-dev
09-21-2013, 06:51 AM
the highlighted part is impossible if i understood it correctly (Sarah being alive while discovering the time displacement machine): a book written by Randall Frakes who had all the access to the original full T2 script, describing all undone future scenes in T2, clearly states that Sarah Connor died while leading a squadron just before Resistance shut the Skynet down. John got the news while finishing the supercomputer. she never saw the Skynet defeat with her own eyes.
i have no luck to have that book in english (only the translated one), so i cannot give an original quote of the event.

That'd be a pity because I prefer the idea of Sarah being there as Reese is being sent back. Though actually it never occurred to me that Sarah would still be alive during the 2029 events. T3 gave her cancer and had her survive only just past 1997 if memory serves and T:TSCC had an episode where that cancer could possibly have begun so it looked like they were going to run with that too.

cplhicks
09-21-2013, 07:03 AM
the highlighted part is impossible if i understood it correctly (Sarah being alive while discovering the time displacement machine): a book written by Randall Frakes who had all the access to the original full T2 script, describing all undone future scenes in T2, clearly states that Sarah Connor died while leading a squadron just before Resistance shut the Skynet down. John got the news while finishing the supercomputer. she never saw the Skynet defeat with her own eyes.
i have no luck to have that book in english (only the translated one), so i cannot give an original quote of the event.

I am guessing the book author only took the events of the movie in to account or chose to recon that detail.

That'd be a pity because I prefer the idea of Sarah being there as Reese is being sent back. Though actually it never occurred to me that Sarah would still be alive during the 2029 events. T3 gave her cancer and had her survive only just past 1997 if memory serves and T:TSCC had an episode where that cancer could possibly have begun so it looked like they were going to run with that too.

The book follows the Cameron timeline therefore, there is no mention of Cancer as that was not Cameron's intention with the character.

Her age in 2029 would be in her early 60's.

P.
09-21-2013, 07:43 AM
That'd be a pity because I prefer the idea of Sarah being there as Reese is being sent back.i think it would be too vanilla pink compared to their T1 fate.
i also think now that even T2 idea of Sarah dying just before Skynet defeat was against the T1 plot: why the hell would Kyle keep a picture of young Sarah and be in love with her when she would be alive and old? and why would John keep that photo? either she was dead or they were all crazy.

a-dev
09-21-2013, 07:46 AM
It must be the softie in me. I like the idea that she gets to see Reese again, and as she would have remembered him.

P.
09-21-2013, 07:55 AM
It must be the softie in me. burn it with fire NOW as the softie caused T2,3,4,5!!!:gah:

cplhicks
09-21-2013, 12:48 PM
In the books Sarah Connor goes out of her way not to have contact with Reese in fear that that would screw things up in a time paradox.

Reese fell in love with her from just a pic. That love is what caused him to volunteer for a 1 way ticket to 1984. He wanted a chance to meet the legend. If he knew Sarah in the future it would screw things up. Besides future Reese wouldn't know Sarah only Sarah would know him.

a-dev
09-21-2013, 12:55 PM
While 1984 Sarah obviously doesn't know him while he knows a fair bit about her. I like the way that works.

karamazov80
09-21-2013, 01:38 PM
don't bother at all.
This is how I feel. . .no need for it. T1 and T2 was all we need. Like Hicks says, the idea behind T4 was the only other place I wanted to see the Terminator franchise go. But they ruined it by making a crappy movie, and now I don't see where else they could go that would make it worth watching.

burn it with fire NOW as the softie caused T2,3,4,5!!!:gah:
:lol :lecture

The Chev
09-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I should read some of these.

DiFabio
09-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Softie T2? Atleast it doesn't have mushy romance novel crap about two star crossed lovers like T1.

"Oh Kyyyyle, let's make bombs for dinner at this cheap Motel."

You know what's happening around that time mark in T2? They're ****ing laying waste to Cyberdyne.

a-dev
09-21-2013, 06:43 PM
Softie T2? Atleast it doesn't have mushy romance novel crap about two star crossed lovers like T1.

You know what's happening around that time mark in T2? They're ****ing laying waste to Cyberdyne.

:lol:lol:lol :yess:

CriterionCollector
09-21-2013, 06:58 PM
How long's a piece of string? :lol

No, I think you're mistaken. How Long is a Chinese General

cplhicks
09-22-2013, 06:51 AM
I love the romance part to T1 personally.

I loved it even as a kid.

I love both movies but T1 will never be topped. I'm in my late 20's and I still haven't found a movie I love as much.

The Chev
09-22-2013, 07:28 AM

Well John Connor needed to be made. :peace

P.
09-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Softie T2? Atleast it doesn't have mushy romance novel crap about two star crossed lovers like T1.Tom & Jerry didn't have it, too.

You know what's happening around that time mark in T2? They're ****ing laying waste to Cyberdyne.Tom & Jerry did that too :D

oh and Mr. Bean fits even better.

Furyan
09-22-2013, 11:04 PM
Where in the **** is my motha ****ing DX13. ****:impatient:

Solidus
09-23-2013, 01:33 AM
Where in the **** is my motha ****ing DX13. ****:impatient:

Man, I seriously forgot about this figure :lol. Seems like I had it on pre-order forever.

The Chev
09-23-2013, 06:29 AM
Could be worse. This could end up like the Amazing Spider-man figure.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-23-2013, 07:25 AM
One of my current 'go to' local Aussie e-tailers is now saying January for this guy. :lol :yess:

a-dev
09-23-2013, 07:30 AM
One of my current 'go to' local Aussie e-tailers is now saying January for this guy. :lol :yess:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/41878_1_468c_jpeg_pagespeed_ce_EscpVBFNl_.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/41878_1_468c_jpeg_pagespeed_ce_EscpVBFNl_.jpg.html )

VintijDroidGutzz
09-23-2013, 07:33 AM
:lol :lol :lol

I'm serious actually.

a-dev
09-23-2013, 07:36 AM
:lol :lol :lol

I'm serious actually.

I have no doubt. An Aussie retailer though, much like a UK retailer I'm sure, would tend to get things later than HK and the US generally so I won't go totally ****ing berserk just yet.

Johnny Utah
09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Looking forward to the excitement when OMG pops in here, seeing if the sculpt has been tweaked.

The Chev
09-23-2013, 07:15 PM

http://alfa.gifs-planet.com/new2/1700.gif

karamazov80
09-23-2013, 07:20 PM

http://i.imgur.com/uvczkMX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jLsttnK.gif

http://i.imgur.com/HVzZKAe.jpg

et cetera

The Chev
09-23-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uvczkMX.gif

http://i.imgur.com/jLsttnK.gif

http://i.imgur.com/HVzZKAe.jpg

et cetera

A full House reference. That's something you don't see everyday.

karamazov80
09-23-2013, 07:34 PM
A full House reference. That's something you don't see everyday.
This is also appropriate:

http://youtu.be/gcyOoPDlSuU

TheFiend
09-24-2013, 10:34 AM

:lol

:yess::yess::yess:

The Chev
09-24-2013, 12:41 PM
This is also appropriate:

http://youtu.be/gcyOoPDlSuU

In my childhood I watched every episode.

karamazov80
09-24-2013, 07:26 PM
. . .says every person born from 1978 through 1983 or so :D

Meter Man
09-24-2013, 08:22 PM
. . .says every person born from 1978 through 1983 or so :D

Very true! This show was a big part of my childhood as well!

The Chev
09-24-2013, 09:07 PM
Very true! This show was a big part of my childhood as well!

As was Family Matters, and Boy meets world.

Also, Saved by the Bell.

karamazov80
09-25-2013, 06:06 AM
Boy Meets World was a bit after my time, but I do remember him running across Big Van Vader!

http://i.imgur.com/lc3Mipz.png

The Chev
09-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Boy Meets World was a bit after my time, but I do remember him running across Big Van Vader!

http://i.imgur.com/lc3Mipz.png

Did you watch a lot of Wrestling too? I did a lot, up until about 2001.

karamazov80
09-25-2013, 08:07 AM
Yeah, I still do when I get a chance. Vader was one of the best.

The Chev
09-25-2013, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I still do when I get a chance. Vader was one of the best.

It was always impressive that for a overweight man to be able to do a moonsault off the top rope.

Sidious-66
09-25-2013, 10:25 AM
It was always impressive that for a overweight man to be able to do a moonsault off the top rope.

One of the best big men in the business was Vader.

Stachel
09-25-2013, 11:02 AM
Oops, sorry about that.

a-dev
09-25-2013, 11:07 AM
From BBTS customer support today:

Thank you for emailing about the HD Masterpiece Terminator figure. We are anticipating that item to arrive here within the next 1-2 weeks.

I am really looking forward to this guy.

I knew that was too good to be true. Wrong thread. You want the Enterbay thread.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-25-2013, 11:09 AM
Yep - stopped reading when I saw 'HD'.. :lol

Sorry Stachel. :monkey3

RIDDICK
09-25-2013, 11:21 AM
From BBTS customer support today:

Thank you for emailing about the HD Masterpiece Terminator figure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqkY2nCf2xU

Khev
09-25-2013, 11:35 AM

With 0.0 casualties! So hardcore. :lol

a-dev
09-25-2013, 11:40 AM
He was on protection duty and had been ordered not to kill. I don't see the problem. Whatever about him not killing people in the bar there can be no complaints about him not killing people thereafter. People might aswell just wish the protector Terminator scenario had never been introduced and maybe no further Terminator films ever been made

Khev
09-25-2013, 11:42 AM
He was in softie mode and had been ordered not to kill. I don't see the problem. Whatever about him not killing people in the bar there can be no complaints about him not killing people thereafter.

Fixed. :)

a-dev
09-25-2013, 11:45 AM
OK T-800 was in softie mode. Enter T-1000 to fulfil his former role. Which he did quite well

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Uncle Bob actually fulfilled his mission. He went out like a boss in molten steel without even flinching.

Atleast he didn't get destroyed by a conveniently placed hydraulic press by a goofy former waitress that had pockets full of ice cream. What did the first Terminator accomplish? He killed the wrong, middle aged Sarah Connor? Did the world a favor by killing a punk that looked at his junk? Murdered police officers? Killed a man that doesn't even exist yet? Killed Ginger and Matt? Great.

Uncle Bob protected his target, learned the value of human life, prevented Skynet from even existing by taking out Cyberdyne's facility (it's idea and plan by the way) AND defeated a TERMINATOR that was superior to it's model. Those cops? He maimed and caused way more destruction than the original Terminator did. Which is more bad ***? Going up against 17 officers at a single station and killing all 17 or . . . going up against every department in the Los Angeles area, destroying most, if not all of their vehicles, and maiming and butchering without killing? A damn minigun > machine gun and shotty. I think I'd rather die by a painless shotgun blast to the head instead of having my knee caps blown off or being shot point blank range with a grenade in my back and ending up paralyzed for the rest of my life.

Then the T-1000? Don't even get me started. He makes the original Arnold model look like a *****. He's the stuff that nightmares are made of. Not only can he look like anyone it comes across but it has blades for hands. Seeing a blade through a milk carton, through a man's mouth with blood dripping or ripping a poor dog's head off is more disturbing than "imma bust you up man" and being sent through a wall.

Khev
09-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Uncle Bob actually fulfilled his mission.

Well yes. Softie good guys tend to do that. But that wasn't what we were discussing. :)

He didn't succeed at being a Terminator. "You were going to kill that guy!" "Of course, I'm a terminator, but you lightly pushed my hand and overpowered me." :duh

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 12:17 PM
Uncle Bob wasn't a guy or a softie though, just had different mission parameters that had to be met.

Even though he doesn't have emotions really, he seems "annoyed" that he can't kill (not just because of John, but because the script doesn't allow him to). He's much more bad *** than the first in different ways.

Shooting a guard in the knee caps and coldly replying "he'll live" or smashing several Pescadero staff head's into solid walls is much more impactful than, "bam, you're dead", "punch, you're dead". Those people that came across Uncle Bob will live to be vegetables or eating through straws or never being able to walk again as opposed to the folks the original simply killed.

http://www.socwall.com/images/wallpapers/29031-1920x1200.jpg

Khev
09-25-2013, 12:21 PM
Then the T-1000? Don't even get me started. He makes the original Arnold model look like a *****.

Oh and as for the T-1000. Screamed like a little ***** as he was "dying" even though he was a non-sentient machine. What a wuss. Original T-800 died with dignity, his skeletal hand still clutching the throat of his target.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 12:29 PM
Atleast the T-1000 never looked strained like he was taking a massive **** whenever he'd shoot a gun or run after John.

For a character that isn't supposed to show emotion, Arnold as the first Terminator sure does show a lot of excitement. Like when he's coming across Sarah and Kyle in the garage for example, or cocking a weapon, or running after his quarry through alleys. It's always that same, post-Hercules in NY, "I got a massive log up my *** that I need to squeeze out" expression. Having that awful hair cut and 80s clothes didn't help much either. It wasn't until he got the shades, leather duds and singed/burned hair that he became the ultimate badass . . . which is the look Uncle Bob has throughout the picture! :yess:

Arnold's "cyborg" acting was much better in T2 where he wouldn't even flinch during most scenes. He didn't look like he had constipation when he's crawling on the steel mill floor after being bashed in the head, he looks like he's still going for it.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 12:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3AeAKJs6y4&feature=youtu.be&t=16s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuiJBeC8mEk&feature=youtu.be&t=3m22s

Ouch.

Khev
09-25-2013, 12:40 PM
Atleast the T-1000 never looked strained like he was taking a massive **** whenever he'd shoot a gun or run after John.

For a character that isn't supposed to show emotion, Arnold as the first Terminator sure does show a lot of excitement. Like when he's coming across Sarah and Kyle in the garage for example, or cocking a weapon, or running after his quarry through alleys. It's always that same, post-Hercules in NY, "I got a massive log up my *** that I need to squeeze out" expression. Having that awful hair cut and 80s clothes didn't help much either. It wasn't until he got the shades, leather duds and singed/burned hair that he became the ultimate badass . . . which is the look Uncle Bob has throughout the picture! :yess:

Arnold's "cyborg" acting was much better in T2 where he wouldn't even flinch during most scenes. He didn't look like he had constipation when he's crawling on the steel mill floor after being bashed in the head, he looks like he's still going for it.

"Fine, the characters are less competent/intimidating but at least Arnold's acting improved over 7 years!" Okay, so you noticed better acting in T2. Not really what we were talking about but I'll agree with you on that one for the most part.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 12:49 PM
T-1000 is more intimidating than the T-800 from film 1.

The fact that go from a friendly, nonchalant officer to a silent, dead glared killer is much more terrifying. Bonus points for the fact that he can look like anyone, from an anonymous guard to a family member you trust. Being knifed, impaled or gutted is a lot worse than being shot.

Uncle Bob is probably just as intimidating as the first considering they're the same model. Only difference is he's a force of good on the side of the Resistance, not Skynet. If being scripted or programmed not to kill makes the character "soft", then I guess I don't know what to say. Especially when said character slams heads into walls and supports, throws bikers on burning hot stoves, shoots off and shatters knee caps, shoots grenades into peoples backs and rips off gas masks in fields of tear gas.

BadMuthaDude
09-25-2013, 01:00 PM
T2 is the better overall movie. Of course Jim had the budget, the experience, and the desire to push the envelope, all resulting from his earlier efforts. I love both movies, but T2 looks like it could have been made this year. It just holds up so well and everything is top notch.

a-dev
09-25-2013, 01:09 PM
It should be noted that Difabio loves T1 like all of us. He's just a bit sick of the trendy T2 bashing. :D

Khev
09-25-2013, 01:35 PM
T-1000 is more intimidating than the T-800 from film 1.

Nope. The T-1000 is too incompetent. He should have killed John in the hospital elevator by oozing down right into the middle of them, and then again when he reformed the first time in the steel mill and all three were limping away and he chose to walk slowly toward them instead of rushing to efficiently finish the job, and then a third time that John should have died was when he was impersonating Sarah and John was right there in front of him.

Cameron basically made him too good for the sequences he wanted to create and had to write in contrived critical character flaws multiple times to allow John to escape. That makes for poor characterization and a less effective villain.

The T1 terminator used every one of his abilities to maximum efficiency from beginning to end. No slow walking for dramatic effect or savoring the moment. That's what makes him scarier. He doesn't make stupid choices and he doesn't stop. If the T1000 is after you you know at any given moment he could just let up for some inexplicable reason to let you escape.

Of course T2 Arnie "fulfilled his mission." The T-1000 had three opportunities to "win" and simply chose not to. T1 Sarah won because the T-800 got unlucky. T2 Arnie won because his opponent was stupid. Unlucky > Stupid.

The T-1000 kills were way too clean and clinical to be more frightening than the original. So some dude walks up to you on the street and before you know what's going on has a blade pop out and go through your head, killing you instantly. Versus a giant guy who literally rips your heart out with his bare hands! Give me quick, clean, and clinical any day of the week.

a-dev
09-25-2013, 01:45 PM
And by those same rationale Sarah Connor should have died here:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/The_Terminator_089_zps6c8ba4b6.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/The_Terminator_089_zps6c8ba4b6.jpg.html)

and here:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/The_Terminator_096_zps0b27a74b.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/The_Terminator_096_zps0b27a74b.jpg.html)

Dramatic pauses were taken each time. Reese had to wrestle through a crowd to prevent the first and is nowhere to be seen in the second shot where T-800 already has his loaded gun trained on Sarah. That should have been enough time to kill her. And to hell with reloading his gun he could have simply stamped on her head.

I mean you're right on those points about the T-1000 but they apply just as much to the T1 T-800. And T1 definitely slow walked. The only time he seemed in any haste was when he chased them out the Tech Noir alleyway.

Cap'n Cook
09-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Exactly.

stshammgod
09-25-2013, 01:51 PM
http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/arnold-noodles.gif

Khev
09-25-2013, 01:53 PM
Dramatic pauses were taken each time. Reese had to wrestle through a crowd to prevent the first and was nowhere to be seen in frame in the second shot where T-800 already has his loaded gun trained on Sarah. That should have been enough time to kill her. And to hell with reloading his gun he could have simply stamped on her head.

The first was in slow-motion so you can't really say what was being "paused" and the second was Arnold loading his gun, pointing it and Sarah and being shot a split second later. SPLIT SECOND. You can argue about the logistics of how many frames Cameron had between motions when Reese saves the day but that's all we're talking about: 1/24 second FRAMES. Not slowly walking toward his target and wasting minutes on end or refusing to enter an elevator because he somehow thought that blindly stabbing through the ceiling would be more productive.

shells075
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Reese + Sarah were just good enough to defeat the T-800 and the T-800 + Sarah were just good enough to defeat good ol' liquid metal man.

Yeah there are plenty of times in both movies where the respective terminator should of terminated the person they were supposed to, but I guess you got to disengage a part o your brain when you watch movies like T1, T2,. :dunno

stshammgod
09-25-2013, 01:55 PM
Wow, you guys are passionate. The T-800 is a machine. It does what it's programmed to do. If it's set in defense mode, the parameters are sure to be different. On another note, I don't know if anyone here's seen this photo but man is it cool!

http://doblelol.com/uploads/2/schwarzenegger-funny.jpg

a-dev
09-25-2013, 01:59 PM
The first was in slow-motion so you can't really say what was being "paused" and the second was Arnold loading his gun, pointing it and Sarah and being shot a split second later. SPLIT SECOND. You can argue about the logistics of how many frames Cameron had between motions when Reese saves the day but that's all we're talking about: 1/24 second FRAMES. Not slowly walking toward his target and wasting minutes on end or refusing to enter an elevator because he somehow thought that blindly stabbing through the ceiling would be more productive.

No, I don't buy it. Particularly not in the case of the second pic. With the gun already loaded and trained on Sarah, you can't see Reese at all. We know he's behind the bar. By the time he jumps out Sarah should be dead already.
And his every movement is slow. Like his recoveries after he gets shot down by Reese twice - they could hardly have been slower. And they are needlessly slow except for anything other than dramatic purposes.

As I said you're right about those instances with the T-1000 but its just the necessities of telling an entertaining story that lasts 2 and a half hours or so and T1 did it too.

There's contrivances and conveniences in both films. Like how the T1 T-800 can't seem to hit squat with his guns (and if he did the film would be over) and yet T2 T-800 can shoot out locks and tires while riding a Harley at speed.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 02:02 PM
Nope. The T-1000 is too incompetent. He should have killed John in the hospital elevator by oozing down right into the middle of them, and then again when he reformed the first time in the steel mill and all three were limping away and he chose to walk slowly toward them instead of rushing to efficiently finish the job, and then a third time that John should have died was when he was impersonating Sarah and John was right there in front of him.

And the T-800 should have grabbed for Sarah's neck instead of her shirt collar, or grabbed Kyle's hand with his steel grip to get him to stop the car.

Or how about this unstoppable machine leaving Sarah and Kyle for the cops and being a wounded softie and leaving the scene to go repair himself? Pretty incompetent. Wow, damaged eye area and a bullet en lodged in his arm. That shouldn't have stopped him from sneaking up to the passenger side and breaking Sarah's neck before the cops were on them.

Cameron basically made him too good for the sequences he wanted to create and had to write in contrived critical character flaws multiple times to allow John to escape. That makes for poor characterization and a less effective villain.

You mean like the above?

- Terminator can't kill Sarah Connor because of . . . slow motion

- Terminator can't kill Sarah Connor because . . . instead of stomping her brains out while she's struggling to get a dead lady off of her, he's taking time to reload so Kyle can shoot him

- Instead of taking a nice strong grab at her throat, he goes for her shirt collar AND let's Kyle grip his arm to stop him. Crazy.

- Departs from the scene with his tail behind his legs.

- Terminator is essentially a targeting computer right? Yet it can't seem to shoot Sarah while they're driving on the free way and instead . . . fires at a reflection of her in the mirror. Brilliant.

We're talking about incompetence? Atleast Uncle Bob was smart enough to hide his weapons in a rose box. Atleast T-1000 was disguised as a cop. The T-800 in the first Terminator just wanders around the city with it's guns out in the open. Case in point, his hideaway after the "**** you *** Hole" scene. He just strolls down the hall in his little tennis shoes and the black dude sees him with his guns. Great infiltration there.

The T1 terminator used every one of his abilities to maximum efficiency from beginning to end. No slow walking for dramatic effect or savoring the moment. That's what makes him scarier. He doesn't make stupid choices and he doesn't stop. If the T1000 is after you you know at any given moment he could just let up for some inexplicable reason to let you escape.

He was pretty slow reloading and aiming those guns while Kyle is struggling to get people out of his line of sight. It was pretty stupid to try and reload a gun when your target is a couple of feet in front of you, immobile, and you could easily just walk over to her and stomp her brains out. It was pretty stupid to jump onto a moving vehicle (he's as fast as a car) only to fumble around after breaking the windshield and letting a human hand stop you from squeezing the life out of your victim before you're sent flying.

It was pretty stupid to leave the scene when your target is a couple of feet away in the vehicle you were pursuing because your eye and arm are a little messed up and the cops have yet to arrive. YET, in a similar situation where you're even MORE damaged, where all your skin and clothes are melted off and you're limping from being hit by a tractor trailer, you still keep going towards your target instead of hiding away like you did before.

Instead of grabbing the pipe with your faster-than-human reactions, you let this soldier from the future pummel your head in with said rod and simply look at your target and avoid her completely (until you're missing your lower torso, hand and legs that is).

a-dev
09-25-2013, 02:09 PM
They're both such great films, I wish it wasn't necessary to attack one to defend the other :lol

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Yup, but ya gotta do it.

It wasn't until a few years ago (on this very board) that I ever saw T1 and T2 pitted against each other. I just never understood it and I never will. People make it sound like T2 is pussified or something when that's just not the case. I mean, we actually see disturbing images of nuclear fire blowing LA and it's populace into ashes. What does T1 have against that? How is it not "softer" or sissified when it has a love story and dialogue like "have you ever been with a girl before" and "I loved you since I saw a picture of you" and hanging cone **** in an awkward 80s sex scene to a baaaaad track?

I love the original, but anytime I see unnecessary T2 hate, watch out. Sorry Terminator One, I love you dearly but nobody insults Uncle Bob and Mercury Copman in favor of you.

Khev
09-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Yeah there are plenty of times in both movies where the respective terminator should of terminated the person they were supposed to, but I guess you got to disengage a part o your brain when you watch movies like T1, T2,. :dunno

While I disagree that there were "plenty of times" in T1 the fact is that the opportunities T1 Arnold had to kill Sarah were milliseconds long and totally internally consistent. He put the red dot on old Sarah's forehead for about as long as he did Sarah in Tech Noir.

He wasn't sprinting after them one minute and deliberately walking casually the next.

Khev
09-25-2013, 03:04 PM
They're both such great films, I wish it wasn't necessary to attack one to defend the other :lol

T2 is good it just suffers in comparison, that's all. As opposed to ALIEN/ALIENS, SW/ESB, Godfather I/II and other pairs where one doesn't bring down the other.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 03:07 PM
How does T1 bring down T2? How does T2 bring down T1?

David
09-25-2013, 03:12 PM
Wow, you guys are passionate. The T-800 is a machine. It does what it's programmed to do. If it's set in defense mode, the parameters are sure to be different. On another note, I don't know if anyone here's seen this photo but man is it cool!

http://doblelol.com/uploads/2/schwarzenegger-funny.jpg

It's not a picture, it's a 3D model. That's even more impressive. ;)

Khev
09-25-2013, 03:17 PM
How does T1 bring down T2? How does T2 bring down T1?

T1 doesn't bring down T2 of course. T2 sanitized the mystique of the Arnold terminator and undid T1's perfect time loop in favor of a messier but more "crowd pleasing" paradox.

stshammgod
09-25-2013, 03:27 PM
It's not a picture, it's a 3D model. That's even more impressive. ;)

I know that, I should've just said "image." :)

a-dev
09-25-2013, 03:36 PM
T2 sanitized the mystique of the Arnold terminator and undid T1's perfect time loop in favor of a messier but more "crowd pleasing" paradox.

I'm not going to go into the time paradox stuff, as Sarah says, a person could go crazy thinking about these things.

As for the sanitisation of the T-800. I feel that as long as it was done in a believable enough way (which it was) there's no problem really. I know I said this before and I think you might have had something to say back to it but I've forgotten, but - happenstance. He just didn't happen to kill anyone in the bar in the same way that the T1 T-800 didn't happen to kill at least one of the punks who he merely shoved, or the guy he kicked out of the phone box or anyone else he encountered and didn't kill. Once UncleBob met up with John he was about to kill someone only for John to realise how far he was willing to go and he intervened (whether he should have had the strength to push T-800s arm is another matter) And thereafter he is forbidden from killing anyone. What plays out from that point on is a perfectly acceptable portrayal of a T-800 that is on protection duty to a young boy. The one liners etc all have a believable context. And in the end the T-800 remains emotionless. ''I know now why you cry, but its something I can never do''. His learning experience can only take him so far, he's still a machine.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 03:39 PM
T1 doesn't bring down T2 of course. T2 sanitized the mystique of the Arnold terminator and undid T1's perfect time loop in favor of a messier but more "crowd pleasing" paradox.

But T1 doesn't have a perfect time loop.

Before the story we're shown, Kyle Reese isn't John Connor's father. How could he be? How would that even be possible. No. There would be an original timeline. A timeline where maybe Sarah hooks up with some guy at Tech Noir and has a one night stand after being scorned by her boy friend over the phone (she was out getting pizza by herself). A timeline where John Connor's father isn't a guy that hasn't been born yet.

"The future is not set". The future that Sarah is driving off to at the end of T1 is limitless. It isn't a perfect time loop, it can't be. There are actual deleted scenes for T1 of a proactive Sarah. A Sarah that tries to convince Reese that Judgment Day doesn't have to happen. A Sarah that does her own "phone book hunt" for Skynet. That's all there. It's her suggestion to raid and bomb that early Cyberdyne that Reese doesn't want a part of. It's her idea to take out Skynet retroactively. Hell, the original end for the first film before it was cut was to pan up from Sarah being taken away in the ambulance and see that the climax occurred at Cyberdyne Systems

What does T2 do? It presents us with that idea. We find that Sarah is at Pescadero hospital. Why? She tried blowing up all these computer companies, just like she wanted to do in T1. Cyberdyne? They're at an advanced state now that they have not only the chip, but the endoskeleton arm. It all adds up to me, everything is happening as it should.

There is no "perfect" time loop. Things change. Kyle Reese wasn't always John's father. The Terminator arm and chip wasn't always the creation/inspiration for Skynet. Everything was much more primitive. The catalyst of of sending back an infiltrator to take out John before he was born and Connor reacting by sending back a volunteering soldier advance everything. Now, Sarah shacks up with Reese, making him the father. Now, Skynet advances itself with that chip and arm being found and you have your Uncle Bob's and your T-1000s. Those things didn't always happen just like the mall at Back to The Future wasn't always known as "Twin Pine Mall" when Marty ran over that tree in 1955.

This Sarah wasn't just going to lay low and wait for that storm to come. That's shown in The Terminator. Those ideas in T2 are all there. T2 is just an extension of the first film's timeline just like the first film is an alternate extension of what goes down before the stuff we see as the audience.

cokebabies
09-25-2013, 03:40 PM

I watch way too much of that show now. They air like eight hours a night on ABC Family.

Khev
09-25-2013, 04:15 PM
But T1 doesn't have a perfect time loop.

Before the story we're shown, Kyle Reese isn't John Connor's father. How could he be? How would that even be possible. No. There would be an original timeline. A timeline where maybe Sarah hooks up with some guy at Tech Noir and has a one night stand after being scorned by her boy friend over the phone (she was out getting pizza by herself). A timeline where John Connor's father isn't a guy that hasn't been born yet.

T1 doesn't start as a perfect loop but it ends that way. Just the opposite with T2. Deleted scenes are irrelevant as they weren't part of the actual movie. Directors/writers tinker with alternate ideas from initial story meetings right up until final cut. The finished movie is the story. The end.

DiFabio
09-25-2013, 04:30 PM
So what happens next? Sarah pops John out, they go into hiding and the whole film just happens again? The deleted scenes are valid and were cut for time. Or do you really think that Reese and Sarah were just making bombs for the hell of it and JUST SO HAPPEN to arrive at a random computer facility after that chase?

That can't be, because a new timeline has been created. The world Reese enters wasn't always "Reese makes Connor, T-800 makes Skynet". Skynet will be more advanced now, this isn't the first time in history that it has the idea to send an infiltration unit back now, it'll be the second. Now Connor will be sending Reese back having the knowledge that the guy is his dad (Sarah's recording tapes). The message he sends Reese with is going to change (and does change). Reese and Connor might not even meet at the camps since he has this knowledge, which is a huge change. Not only that, but now Skynet and it's technology is more advanced with it's history because of that damn arm and chip. It progresses everything forward, even time travel, which T2 clearly shows.

So it can't be a perfect loop. The next future and present is going to be different. This future's Connor and Skynet are going to have knowledge of where they come from that the first one didn't. They're both going to know that they inadvertently create each other. That changes up everything. Now it isn't, "Skynet had no records of Sarah before the war so the Terminator is being systematic by taking out every Sarah Connor". No, now Skynet KNOWS. There's records now. Sarah has been in custody, she's been attacked, it knows all about John.

So T2 is just as valid. The future we see in the beginning is the result of what occurred in the events of the first Terminator. Those tapes Sarah has? John has em. The desert she's driving off to? We see it. T2 closes the loop, which would logically happen. Because of the events we see in T1, T2 occurs. Skynet knows there's a possibility it will fail a second time, so like any computer it doubles it's odds. So this time it sends a second Terminator to a different date for good measure. Rinse and repeat.

It's actually a moot point for both films (T1 and T2) because their don't even seem to be any consequences when John or Skynet send someone back. Nothing disappears or fades away Back to the Future style, **** just changes. It's not really important for John or Skynet to worry about "one possible future" because it's not theirs. Every time Skynet sends back a Terminator, be it the first or second, it's always sent first. Every John Connor is told to be reacting to that. So since this is time travel, once Skynet sends something back to a certain date. It's done, the Resistance is too late. The Terminator catches up with Sarah and kills her in every timeline until the minute where John sends back Kyle. But so what? It doesn't affect him? He doesn't disappear. So it doesn't matter.

There is no perfect loop. They're just both great stories about humanity and machines. T2 is the perfect sequel to T1, end of story. The only thing that would make the two better is seeing the future that these two stories derive from. Something more than Reese running around fields being shot at by HKs or John Connor looking through binoculars.

Khev
09-25-2013, 05:04 PM
So what happens next? Sarah pops John out, they go into hiding and the whole film just happens again?

Yup.

The deleted scenes are valid

Nope.

Or do you really think that Reese and Sarah were just making bombs for the hell of it and JUST SO HAPPEN to arrive at a random computer facility after that chase?

Yup. Because that's actually what happened in the movie. A cool looking location for a final showdown. Just like the steel mill at the end of T2. Nothing more.

cplhicks
09-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Gentlemen there is only one way to settle this.

First person to terminate the other in real life will have his movie reign as the best.

dw316
09-25-2013, 08:16 PM
Looks like he's finally coming to us next month! Still waiting for my EX to convert...

http://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com/2013/07/hot-toys-schedule-according-to-hot-toys.html

a-dev
09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
Gentlemen there is only one way to settle this.

I was going to make a different movie reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlVQodEjVus

The Skull
09-25-2013, 08:25 PM
Looks like he's finally coming to us next month! Still waiting for my EX to convert...

http://onesixthrepublic.blogspot.com/2013/07/hot-toys-schedule-according-to-hot-toys.html

I better put some money aside, I'm in for 2 dx13's and the amazing spiderman too:panic: That's close to a grand with shipping an all:horror

a-dev
09-25-2013, 08:26 PM

Not necessarily. That article is dated July 30. They could have pushed it back again since then

The Skull
09-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Not necessarily. That article is dated July 30. They could have pushed it back again since then

Well then I should have some breathing room then, I would like one of them to show up though, leaning towards the dx13 cause I need some more Arnold on my shelfs:wink1:

dw316
09-25-2013, 09:10 PM

Wow, I didn't notice that. LOL OSR Facebook just posted it a few hours ago.

karamazov80
09-25-2013, 09:24 PM
I was going to make a different movie reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlVQodEjVus
A game of "who can post the lamest Youtube video possible"? Those are always fun. Gonna be hard to top Star Wars prequel ****ie.

Double J
09-25-2013, 10:12 PM

I kinda hope they still hold off till November. Because I still gotta pay for my qs001 next month. So if the dx13 comes in next month also. That's alot of dough to dish out in 1 month :lol

dw316
09-25-2013, 10:15 PM
I kinda hope they still hold off till November. Because I still gotta pay for my qs001 next month. So if the dx13 comes in next month also. That's alot of dough to dish out in 1 month :lol

I hear ya, mate. I'm in the same boat.

The Chev
09-25-2013, 10:32 PM

You, I love the first Terminator, but I have to somewhat agree with this. At times Arnold looked like a cyborg in T1, however, there were other times were his movements were too jerky. Take the "I'll be back scene" when he's examine the glass and wood structure. He comes across very machine like. Yet, when he asked "Where is she" and looked in the doorway behind the cop it was very quick and it seemed a little out of character.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-25-2013, 11:15 PM

Like I mentioned earlier, my local go to Aussie place is saying January now.

US etc should be a month or thereabouts before that I imagine.

TheFiend
09-25-2013, 11:31 PM
Yup, but ya gotta do it.

It wasn't until a few years ago (on this very board) that I ever saw T1 and T2 pitted against each other. I just never understood it and I never will. People make it sound like T2 is pussified or something when that's just not the case. I mean, we actually see disturbing images of nuclear fire blowing LA and it's populace into ashes. What does T1 have against that? How is it not "softer" or sissified when it has a love story and dialogue like "have you ever been with a girl before" and "I loved you since I saw a picture of you" and hanging cone **** in an awkward 80s sex scene to a baaaaad track?

I love the original, but anytime I see unnecessary T2 hate, watch out. Sorry Terminator One, I love you dearly but nobody insults Uncle Bob and Mercury Copman in favor of you.

Excellent post. Same with me. I've had to defend it before too. It was even called a family movie once ( Kara!:mad:). Come on. :lol So T2 is in the same league as Beethoven and Wizard of Oz. :lol

The Chev
09-25-2013, 11:57 PM

Sideshow changed the ETA to November well after July, 30th. Now maybe HK will get them at the end of October, and then everyone else gets them after.:dunno

Sidious-66
09-27-2013, 02:54 PM
I also made this post in T2 MMS thread -

Just my two cents on the T1 vs. T2 debate.

I love both movies but if someone was pointing a gun at my head and asked me to pick one then I would say T1.

I must also say that the T1 T-800 is the most intimidating character in any Terminator movie with the T-1000 being second. The T-800 stalking Sarah and Reese in the car park with the burned off eyebrows really bugged me out as a kid.

I would say that because T2 was a big budget movie then it lost a little bit of the feeling from the first movie, those ****ty effects in T1 I feel have actually contributed to its age and you really get a grim, ****ty LA from T1.

Also there is a definite horror feeling with T1 that you don't quite get in T2. Sarah and Reese being stalked by a killer cyborg with no weapons to combat it. Even as advanced as the T-1000 was in T2 Sarah and John still had their own T-800 to help them out.

T1 managed to capture a certain feel to it that T2 did not and maybe a small part of that was because most of the original Terminator was in the night time another 'horror' element.

mr flibble
09-27-2013, 03:17 PM
I also made this post in T2 MMS thread -

Just my two cents on the T1 vs. T2 debate.

I love both movies but if someone was pointing a gun at my head and asked me to pick one then I would say T1.

I must also say that the T1 T-800 is the most intimidating character in any Terminator movie with the T-1000 being second. The T-800 stalking Sarah and Reese in the car park with the burned off eyebrows really bugged me out as a kid.

I would say that because T2 was a big budget movie then it lost a little bit of the feeling from the first movie, those ****ty effects in T1 I feel have actually contributed to its age and you really get a grim, ****ty LA from T1.

Also there is a definite horror feeling with T1 that you don't quite get in T2. Sarah and Reese being stalked by a killer cyborg with no weapons to combat it. Even as advanced as the T-1000 was in T2 Sarah and John still had their own T-800 to help them out.

T1 managed to capture a certain feel to it that T2 did not and maybe a small part of that was because most of the original Terminator was in the night time another 'horror' element.

I'm 30 now but still remember how freaked out I was watching the same scenes you're talking about as a kid. Love t1 t-800 :goodpost:

Sidious-66
09-27-2013, 03:51 PM
I'm 30 now but still remember how freaked out I was watching the same scenes you're talking about as a kid. Love t1 t-800 :goodpost:

Yeah that scene was more freaky than his self operating scene. :lol

Khev
09-27-2013, 05:17 PM

Yeah that was a big factor in the risk not feeling quite as high in T2. Sure the T-1000 had a crazy shaping changing ability and healing factor but John's protector was still pretty much indestructible. He even fought it hand to hand during their first encounter and got up without a scratch.

But Reese? One bullet could end Sarah's protector real quick. Hand to hand combat with the Terminator hunting her? Forget it.

karamazov80
09-27-2013, 06:05 PM
I think Sidious hits on some great points. I also actually do really like T2. It's a really fun movie. But I don't love it. You can nitpick over T-800 showing emotion, or melodramatic romance, or crappy special effects, but T2 is a more effective drama IMO. You feel real tension and anxiety when that brutal monster is coming at them. And the stuff like the rotted skin, burned eyebrows, cutting out his eyeball, etc. really contribute to that atmosphere. Yes, T2 technically has more destruction shown in the nuclear blast, and has an antagonist that could potentially kill a lot more people a lot faster than T1. But it's all couched in this action movie where you aren't made to feel that real pang of horror and anxiety that you get with T1. Both movies have pros and cons, but despite being 2 parts of a series, it is almost an apples and oranges comparison IMO, and it's actually comparable to the Resident Evil games. The first movie is "survival horror," and the second one is an "action shooter." Another good analogy would be Alien and Cameron's Aliens, which are both GREAT, but for very different reasons. Neither is better or worse, it's just a matter of taste. But. . .I sometimes can't resist taking jabs at a-dev about it :lol

Khev
09-27-2013, 06:09 PM
Okay fine, I admit I really like T2 as well. The best damn after school special ever made. Because if a machine, an injurer, can learn the value of human life if properly programmed then maybe we can too.

P.
09-28-2013, 04:30 AM
You can nitpick over T-800 showing emotionno you cannot because T-800 endoskull was done with lots of holes for nerves (in same places that a human skull has them) connected to outer flesh allowing him to mimic with or without intention (ability given even to the eye cut doll, twitching its meat for no reason after the cut was done).
well, i mean you can, but you will be wrong.

a-dev
09-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I sometimes can't resist taking jabs at a-dev about it :lol

Okay fine, I admit I really like T2 as well. The best damn after school special ever made. Because if a machine, an injurer, can learn the value of human life if properly programmed then maybe we can too.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/khaaan.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/khaaan.jpg.html)

The Chev
09-28-2013, 09:04 AM

Hey, its not like the T-800 is made of Ice.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7oxz8Azg61qcf707o5_500.gif#batman%20and%20 robin%20mr%20freeze%20gif%20498x249

karamazov80
09-28-2013, 08:20 PM
no you cannot because T-800 endoskull was done with lots of holes for nerves (in same places that a human skull has them) connected to outer flesh allowing him to mimic with or without intention (ability given even to the eye cut doll, twitching its meat for no reason after the cut was done).
well, i mean you can, but you will be wrong.
I'm confused--are you saying the T-800 in T1 showing emotion was intentional, and appropriate for the character because it would have been an automatic physiological response? I don't think the films suggest one way or the other whether or not this is true. But saying T1 T-800 showed too much emotion, or T2 T-800 didn't show enough, would be a nitpick IMO because in general both showed very little, obviously by design. The clear intention in the film was that both were supposed to be the same model of Terminator, that would behave in a similar way in similar situations with similar instructions.

vodoun
09-28-2013, 09:07 PM
What scares me the most is thinking back to 1991 again. That and the fact broadcast tv didn't suck as much as it does today.

a-dev
09-29-2013, 07:52 AM
I remember being big into action figures back in 1991.........so much has changed....errrr...

The Chev
09-29-2013, 08:49 AM
I remember I really wanted this collectors cup that Subway was giving out back then. Funny that it was just a cheap plastic cup, but I loved collecting them.

I also tried to get all the Batman Returns cups from McDonalds, as well as the Jurassic Park ones.

cplhicks
09-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I also tried to get all the Batman Returns cups from McDonalds.

I wanted the Batman one so much but they were always sold out so I had to get Robin. I was so haunted by this for years that a couple of years ago my mom bought me 2 from a garage sale (even she knew of my lament for this mug).

I had my sweet vindication 12 years later :D

karamazov80
09-29-2013, 06:06 PM
I remember being big into action figures back in 1991.........so much has changed....errrr...
Yeah. . .I had a couple of those old T2 action figures. I also got some of the '90s Aliens figures.

a-dev
09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
Was looking at some T2 scenes today whilst trying to get my Sarah Connor figures as accurately displayed as possible. Funny the things you realise or notice which escaped you before despite countless viewings.

Like this:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_327_zps1213fec6.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_327_zps1213fec6.jpg.html)

^I never knew what the hell she was doing with her arm there until today. The T-800 had aimed his shotgun at Enrique and this was her telling him to stand down. So obvious and yet I just thought it was some wierd gun-toting idiosyncrasy of Sarahs.

Next this SWAT guy:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_515_zps3869eb1c.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_515_zps3869eb1c.jpg.html)

is Dean Norris. This guy:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/12916_zpsd20624ed.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/12916_zpsd20624ed.gif.html)

^who is one of those actors it takes years to learn the name of but you've seen him in tonnes of films and TV shows. Not unlike Xander Berkelely who played Todd Voight.

Also, I couldn't find a screengrab and when I tried to take a pic of my screen it wasn't clear enough but follow the T-1000 after he stabs the driver of the liquid nitrogen truck -

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_545_zpsafc31864.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_545_zpsafc31864.jpg.html)

look at his sword arm as he is climbing into the truck - its obviously already morphed back into a human arm but its still chrome coloured.

And finally I never tire of this observation:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_653_zps9b55c601.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_653_zps9b55c601.jpg.html)

EndoSickness
09-29-2013, 10:26 PM

Now I finally know the name of this dude, then.

For the other points:
I knew that sarah pointed towards the T-800, but always found it to be awkward looking.^^

And for the arm:
Wrong arm, poor uncle bob would´ve to work with 2 right ones for the rest of his time.

:rotfl

P.
09-30-2013, 12:59 AM
I'm confused--are you saying the T-800 in T1 showing emotion was intentional, and appropriate for the character because it would have been an automatic physiological response? I don't think the films suggest one way or the other whether or not this is true. But saying T1 T-800 showed too much emotion, or T2 T-800 didn't show enough, would be a nitpick IMO because in general both showed very little, obviously by design. The clear intention in the film was that both were supposed to be the same model of Terminator, that would behave in a similar way in similar situations with similar instructions.i don't know about intentions. i know that "survelliance camera" effect, i.e. inhuman face, was intentional.
at the same time i know that:
- endoskull holes for human nerves were intentional (just because they were there and exactly at correct places)
- without additional hardware a terminator cannot move its meat face, and there was no metal hardware there - so they should be live nerves connected to the CPU
- a terminator must be an infiltrator, and that means its programming should have some emotions emulator, presumably generated outside its main programming or just lamely programmed
- a doll had its flesh moving for no reason in a close-up like if cut nerves caused some trouble in mimics

so a live actor terminator has a poker face when it doesn't do anything, but it changes that face often - angry face in the police car or when killing its police driver before, disgust when returning from first failed purchase, crazy face while crazy shooting UZI.
does it have hardware and software for that? yes it does.
was it intentional? i cannot say "it wasn't" taking into concideration all above.

as for T2, it was dumber than T1 before some event that will be named later.
T1 easily learned the meaning of swearing and at the same time could easily provide some random mother-daughter dialogue with Sarah. that demands ability to analyse behaviour+speech at the same time + learning to use them itself.
T2 was so dumb at copying humans that John had to teach him and in directors cut (which i take as the proper version) to change its chip programming conditions. and - voila - after that he started not just to understand humans but to show emotions, and i'm not talking about smiling only: something like tiredness and self-anger for its own disability against T-1000 can be easily seen. or remember sending Jonh&Sarah away and its face while shouting and later while searching for T-1000. it's totally not what it was in WHY CANNOT I KILL HUMANS scene.
so no, T1 and T2 behaved very differently before "switching to write mode", presumably to difference in programming (lack it in case of T2): Skynet surely could prepare its own infiltrator better than humans, T1 got more programming or had his "switch" "on" from the beginning.
both didn't have a poker face during their missions, one needed a kick to start that programming, another had it from the beginning.

Yudan
09-30-2013, 01:05 AM
i don't know about intentions. i know that "survelliance camera" effect, i.e. inhuman face, was intentional.
at the same time i know that:
- endoskull holes for human nerves were intentional (just because they were there and exactly at correct places)
- without additional hardware a terminator cannot move its meat face, and there was no metal hardware there - so they should be live nerves connected to the CPU
- a terminator must be an infiltrator, and that means its programming should have some emotions emulator, presumably generated outside its main programming or just lamely programmed
- a doll had its flesh moving for no reason in a close-up like if cut nerves caused some trouble in mimics

so a live actor terminator has a poker face when it doesn't do anything, but it changes that face often - angry face in the police car or when killing its police driver before, disgust when returning from first failed purchase, crazy face while crazy shooting UZI.
does it have hardware and software for that? yes it does.
was it intentional? i cannot say "it wasn't" taking into concideration all above.

as for T2, it was dumber than T1 before some event that will be named later.
T1 easily learned the meaning of swearing and at the same time could easily provide some random mother-daughter dialogue with Sarah. that demands ability to analyse behaviour+speech at the same time + learning to use them itself.
T2 was so dumb at copying humans that John had to teach him and in directors cut (which i take as the proper version) to change its chip programming conditions. and - voila - after that he started not just to understand humans but to show emotions, and i'm not talking about smiling only: something like tiredness and self-anger for its own disability against T-1000 can be easily seen. or remember sending Jonh&Sarah away and its face while shouting and later while searching for T-1000. it's totally not what it was in WHY CANNOT I KILL HUMANS scene.
so no, T1 and T2 behaved very differently, presumably to difference in programming (lack it in case of T2): Skynet surely could prepare its own infiltrator better than humans.

:exactly::lecture

P.
09-30-2013, 01:36 AM
:exactly::lecture:)
well it's what i think out of my taking the movies and stage props as "if-that-all-was-real", not a statement by Cameron.

Now I finally know the name of this dude, then.

For the other points:
I knew that sarah pointed towards the T-800, but always found it to be awkward looking.^^

And for the arm:
Wrong arm, poor uncle bob would´ve to work with 2 right ones for the rest of his time.

:rotflold story )
the last i saw it people agreed that a robot knowing its design could easily either replace fingers or just live with it.

a-dev
09-30-2013, 06:33 AM
Yeah the T-800 could have reverse engineered the arm into the one it was missing. Or built one from scratch maybe. But the point remains it should have occurred to John to keep that arm - instead the first thought that enters his head after T-1000 is killed is to throw it away??

P.
09-30-2013, 06:44 AM
in reality it would be possible, as they all should be in too much shock :)
BTW the terminator himself might have decided his fate in Dyson's house already: the wound he made on his arm and the fact he didn't sew it back meant he had no intention of mixing with the crowd anymore. and could the machine be in shock or stupid? no, that should be a decision of unknown reason :)

BadMuthaDude
09-30-2013, 07:00 AM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_327_zps1213fec6.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_327_zps1213fec6.jpg.html)

^I never knew what the hell she was doing with her arm there until today. The T-800 had aimed his shotgun at Enrique and this was her telling him to stand down. So obvious and yet I just thought it was some wierd gun-toting idiosyncrasy of Sarahs.

I lol'd

Next this SWAT guy:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_515_zps3869eb1c.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_515_zps3869eb1c.jpg.html)

is Dean Norris. This guy:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/12916_zpsd20624ed.gif (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/12916_zpsd20624ed.gif.html)

^who is one of those actors it takes years to learn the name of but you've seen him in tonnes of films and TV shows. Not unlike Xander Berkelely who played Todd Voight.

I was catching up on Breaking Bad last year when I watched T2 and recognized his voice and looked it up on IMDB to confirm. I'm pretty good at knowing actors by name, so I didn't have a problem remembering him since I first saw him in Total Recall.

Also, I couldn't find a screengrab and when I tried to take a pic of my screen it wasn't clear enough but follow the T-1000 after he stabs the driver of the liquid nitrogen truck -

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_545_zpsafc31864.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_545_zpsafc31864.jpg.html)

look at his sword arm as he is climbing into the truck - its obviously already morphed back into a human arm but its still chrome coloured.

I don't know if I noticed that one before. One interesting T-1000 moment that many people don't pick up on is the third arm he grows so he can steer and reload his gun while in the helicopter.

And finally I never tire of this observation:

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_653_zps9b55c601.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/T2%20scenes/Terminator_2_653_zps9b55c601.jpg.html)

I always thought, "Damn, too bad it's the wrong arm," but it's not like it would help much since half his face is exposed endo. Sure, he could get skin grafts, but we're talking about a machine that ripped off his arm skin to prove a point. I wouldn't be surprised if he ripped his face off at some point for some reason.

a-dev
09-30-2013, 07:05 AM
Great point I hadn't thought of that. You're right, he probably had decided at Dyson's house that he too would have to be destroyed given their objective of wiping out any trace of Terminators and research that could lead to the creation of Skynet. Wouldn't make sense that the thought would only spontaneously occur to him at the steel mill.

Then again, the creation of a powerful AI was probably inevitable just as it probably is in real life. I don't think humans are going to stop trying to advance technology in any area and the same would apply in this fictional universe. You can see how it would be the case that judgment day would be inevitable like T3 said.

EVILFACE
09-30-2013, 07:08 AM
Wasn't the T1 arm Cyberdyne had a righty?

TheFiend
09-30-2013, 07:16 AM

I don't know if I noticed that one before. One interesting T-1000 moment that many people don't pick up on is the third arm he grows so he can steer and reload his gun.

Whaaat! I've seen this movie a thousand times and I never noticed.

*goes to pop in T2*

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

a-dev
09-30-2013, 07:23 AM
Wasn't the T1 arm Cyberdyne had a righty?

Yeah but one can reason that:

Yeah the T-800 could have reverse engineered the arm into the one it was missing. Or built one from scratch maybe. But the point remains it should have occurred to John to keep that arm - instead the first thought that enters his head after T-1000 is killed is to throw it away??

I don't know if I noticed that one before. One interesting T-1000 moment that many people don't pick up on is the third arm he grows so he can steer and reload his gun.

I always thought, "Damn, too bad it's the wrong arm," but it's not like it would help much since half his face is exposed endo. Sure, he could get skin grafts, but we're talking about a machine that ripped off his arm skin to prove a point. I wouldn't be surprised if he ripped his face off at some point for some reason.

The third arm thing while piloting the helicopter - as a child I thought that was a movie mistake and I don't think I was alone in that. However the camera focuses on it so clearly that it has to be deliberate. And I'm pretty sure it is, to show another of T-1000's capabilities.

As to the skin grafts were the T-800 to have stayed with them - in T:TSCC, Cromartie, having been entirely endoskeletonised, is able to regrow an entire flesh covering with the help of some scientist he kidnaps. So perhaps there would have been a way that the T-800 would know about. Granted one could only postulate this idea after it had been written into that show.

BadMuthaDude
09-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Whaaat! I've seen this movie a thousand times and I never noticed.

*goes to pop in T2*

I should clarify that it is specifically when he is in the helicopter.

P.
09-30-2013, 07:29 AM
he had 4 arms in the helicopter... not 3... disgusting noobity shame on you all O_O
the reason was the actual pilot behind Patrick, the need was made a feature.

http://i.imgur.com/HnKcyn8.png

hand #4 lies on left window. better seen in motion.

a-dev
09-30-2013, 07:39 AM
A 4th arm? I hang my head. It makes sense but I never saw it.

BadMuthaDude
09-30-2013, 07:42 AM
he had 4 arms in the helicopter... not 3... disgusting noobity shame on you all O_O
the reason was the actual pilot behind Patrick, the need was made a feature.

http://i.imgur.com/HnKcyn8.png

hand #4 lies on left window. better seen in motion.

Cool, I thought it was just a third hand and that it was a prop made for the scene. I never saw a feature on it.

<insert 'The More You Know' image>

Voorhees27
09-30-2013, 07:43 AM
*Still waits for Pee to post a picture of his "all-knowing Terminator facts" trophy*

a-dev
09-30-2013, 07:43 AM
These films keep on giving over 20 years later, I love it.

P.
09-30-2013, 07:46 AM
A 4th arm? I hang my head. It makes sense but I never saw it.
<insert 'The More You Know' image>
and what do we find here on this board...

T-1000 actually has 4 arms in that scene.

CRAZY OR WHAT? LOL.

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/9444/t1000cancountto20onhisf.jpg
just two years ago :thwak

*Still waits for Pee to post a picture of his "all-knowing Terminator facts" trophy*tadaaam

http://i051.radikal.ru/1309/3d/b3a84124bd66.jpg

Voorhees27
09-30-2013, 07:49 AM
These films keep on giving over 20 years later, I love it.

I knew about the fourth hand years ago. I wouldn't consider myself an expert or anything but I've learned tons on both films over the years. I love it too.

BadMuthaDude
09-30-2013, 08:07 AM

That was posted in 2010. I didn't go back and read every post in all of the Terminator threads when I joined last year. I doubt if I've even read every post in this thread, despite my frequent viewings.

Here's an interesting site that includes every single 'mistake' down to the common continuity issues that come from editing multiple takes and angles: http://www.moviemistakes.com/main1268

I'm sure that has been posted before, but here's me caring:

<insert pic of someone not caring>

Voorhees27
09-30-2013, 08:12 AM

tadaaam

http://i051.radikal.ru/1309/3d/b3a84124bd66.jpg

I thought you had me on ignore? Nice poo and pee teddy bear, I guess? :dunno

a-dev
09-30-2013, 09:14 AM
Here's an interesting site that includes every single 'mistake' down to the common continuity issues that come from editing multiple takes and angles: http://www.moviemistakes.com/main1268

I'm sure that has been posted before, but here's me caring:

<insert pic of someone not caring>

Wow, far too many mistakes to be bothered reading. Some nice trivia though. Like how the T-1000's mouth is never open (to breath through) while he is running to give a more inhuman impression.

Sidious-66
09-30-2013, 11:05 AM
Waking up this morning I suddenly got the urge to PO this guy (some places in the UK still have him up for PO).

I will have a think about it over the next few days but I think by the end of the week I will have him on PO.

Leon 911
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM

What is a bigger thought is why does resistance and skynet send only one robot at a time and how come at the exact same time. If the future is so important why not send multiple ones especially in case of skynet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Leon 911
09-30-2013, 11:53 AM
Waking up this morning I suddenly got the urge to PO this guy (some places in the UK still have him up for PO).

I will have a think about it over the next few days but I think by the end of the week I will have him on PO.

U din so far?

a-dev
09-30-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm back to routinely looking at page 1 of this thread....like the old days. Y'know, back when this figure was first shown. The wait is painful.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-30-2013, 12:09 PM
Well.. as much as it pains me to mention it.. I'm gonna pass on this figure for now.

The budget's strapped, & as well as other things on the life list that need attention right now, I'm happy to devote my money to the other figures on my list, that are due next year & beyond; like West Batman, Crow, Dr Shaw & RoboMurphy.

Ah well.. :lol

Leon 911
09-30-2013, 12:26 PM
Well.. as much as it pains me to mention it.. I'm gonna pass on this figure for now.

The budget's strapped, & as well as other things on the life list that need attention right now, I'm happy to devote my money to the other figures on my list, that are due next year & beyond; like West Batman, Crow, Dr Shaw & RoboMurphy.

Makes sense brother. Actually i may live up to some commitments this year but may have to cancel some preorders next year ... I think will have to cancel vader and crow and stick to robo, tonto and wolverine for now. Lets see.

Leon 911
09-30-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm back to routinely looking at page 1 of this thread....like the old days. Y'know, back when this figure was first shown. The wait is painful.

How many did you order finally?

a-dev
09-30-2013, 12:47 PM

What? Even with all the delays? That's a pity.

How many did you order finally?

I still have only one on order. Early estimates will have me buying....more than one.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-30-2013, 02:01 PM
What? Even with all the delays? That's a pity.
Yeah mate.. I really would LOVE to get it during it's initial run. :monkey2

I'm self employed, & work ebbs & flows. Between all the usual expenses & some 'me' money.. it's tight.

If things turn around in the next month or so, you guys will be the first to know that I'm back on track, collectible wise. :1-1:

a-dev
09-30-2013, 02:15 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/perso_rieekan_carlist_1_zps8f675b27.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/perso_rieekan_carlist_1_zps8f675b27.jpg.html)

''I'm sorry to hear that, you're a good Terminator fan Vintij, we hate to lose you''

cplhicks
09-30-2013, 02:52 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/perso_rieekan_carlist_1_zps8f675b27.jpg (http://s594.photobucket.com/user/a-dev/media/Funnies/perso_rieekan_carlist_1_zps8f675b27.jpg.html)

''I'm sorry to hear that, you're a good Terminator fan Vintij, we hate to lose you''

That needs to become a normal meme:lecture

a-dev
09-30-2013, 02:59 PM
What like just the ''I'm sorry to hear that'' bit? The rest is a bit specific, both the actual quote and my paraphrased bit :lol

cplhicks
09-30-2013, 03:00 PM
What like just the ''I'm sorry to hear that'' bit? The rest is a bit specific, both the actual quote and my paraphrased bit :lol

It would have to be made up fresh each time but I really enjoyed the cross over.

Leon 911
09-30-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah mate.. I really would LOVE to get it during it's initial run. :monkey2

I'm self employed, & work ebbs & flows. Between all the usual expenses & some 'me' money.. it's tight.

If things turn around in the next month or so, you guys will be the first to know that I'm back on track, collectible wise. :1-1:

Don sweat brother, many of us in same boat. I sacrificed for years and paid double for some of the figures i had left past 2 years. I say buy at twice the cost if you need to when you have money, else avoid at even half the cost. Next year is anticipated tight for me and i know what it feels like to let go of something good.

EVILFACE
09-30-2013, 06:47 PM

I remember being amazed when it showed up that first night.

Still am.

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/63712_10151123439582344_1910771165_n.jpg

Voorhees27
09-30-2013, 06:49 PM
Yeah can't wait too.

drjedisith
09-30-2013, 06:53 PM
i really wish hot toys would show something and be ready to ship it out 3-5 months instead of 1-2 yrs! lol

karamazov80
09-30-2013, 06:55 PM
*must. . .resist. . .looking at. . .pics of this figure. . .*

*must. . .only collect. . .Terminator 1 stuff. . .*

a-dev
09-30-2013, 07:38 PM
I remember being amazed when it showed up that first night.

Still am

Yeah can't wait too.

I was probably not long asleep when it first showed up and had to go through a ****load of pages by the time I logged on. I remember seeing the thread and clicking on it assuming it was just the DX10 thread only to be totally surprised by the first pic.

EB has a fancier sculpt but there isn't anywhere near as much fun to be had with that figure as there will be with this mofo.

VintijDroidGutzz
09-30-2013, 09:32 PM
Don sweat brother, many of us in same boat. I sacrificed for years and paid double for some of the figures i had left past 2 years. I say buy at twice the cost if you need to when you have money, else avoid at even half the cost. Next year is anticipated tight for me and i know what it feels like to let go of something good.

Hey, cheers for the positive words mate. :duff

If it comes to getting something for twice the price down the track though - it ain't happening. :lol

I'd rather tough it out & get it early.. if at all possible. :)

a-dev
09-30-2013, 10:07 PM
I will not believe that you won't have this figure at some point.

The Skull
09-30-2013, 10:14 PM
*must. . .resist. . .looking at. . .pics of this figure. . .*

*must. . .only collect. . .Terminator 1 stuff. . .*

must ...... resist ........... making ........ sarcastic comment:panic:

must ..... be nice ...... to mods .....

TheFiend
09-30-2013, 10:24 PM

Bummer. But I hear ya about priorities.

As far as PO's, this is it. Maybe the 66 set next year. Actually I like only having one thing on PO. :lol

There hasn't been much that has gotten me truly excited lately. I wish someone would pick up a 1/6 license for Game of Thrones. That would be the ultimate for me.

Lejuan
10-01-2013, 12:00 AM
Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Vintij. I miss the days of picking stuff up for giggles. Now I'm hard pressed to afford the stuff I'd really like. When the SS exclusive sold out I told myself I wouldn't be picking this up at all, since the exc. head was what I'd want to stick on the T-1000 figure.

VintijDroidGutzz
10-01-2013, 04:03 AM
My golden period has been 2010 - 2012. I got a bunch of must haves in that period, so it just worked out well that way.

Now.. :lol

At least there are substantial gaps between releases as far as the other must haves on my list. That said though, I'm not sure if I can drop $340 on the DX13 between now & early next year - & POing things doesn't work for me these days either.

It's going to be interesting anyway.. :lol

xpl0sive
10-01-2013, 04:38 AM
For any Aussies that may be interested, I'm probably going to sell my Exclusive once it comes in. I MAY change my mind once I see in-hand pics, but if the final product looks like what we've seen so far in pics then I'll be letting it go.

a-dev
10-01-2013, 10:31 AM
Well there's inevitably going to be both great and terrible in-hand pics. It'll come down to if you think you can get your figure looking like it does in the 'great' pics.

Johnny Utah
10-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Don't be surprised if they tweak the sculpt. The BD head needs revision for sure.

a-dev
10-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Don't be surprised if they tweak the sculpt. The BD head needs revision for sure.

If they do I'm sure we can thank Enterbay for it. When a film has been out for over 20 years and there's an abundance of referance material available there's no reason they couldn't have done it right to begin with. They didn't consider total accuracy to be important, simple as that.

So I think any changes they make on the prototype, if they have happened, will be because they saw the hugely positive reaction to Enterbay's sculpt. They'd be thinking ''uhhh, $h!t, these fans might actually be prefer accuracy over our fancy artistic license''.

BadMuthaDude
10-01-2013, 11:16 AM
For me, this is the figure I cancel other figures for. I can understand when it's the other way around too. You gotta do what you need to in order to get your must haves and keep your budget balanced.

a-dev
10-01-2013, 11:26 AM
:lecture The only figure I wouldn't cancel for this is my other DX13s.

Johnny Utah
10-01-2013, 11:31 AM
NECA just showed another teaser for their FB Pt. 2 Rambo. That's another one that would get me hyped if it turned out to be the long gestating DX.

Leon 911
10-01-2013, 12:46 PM
I will be surprised if they tweak the head sculpt. Pleasantly surprised! ... I doubt though.

franpincho
10-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I will be surprised if they tweak the head sculpt. Pleasantly surprised! ... I doubt though.

They did with the 1/4 Bats!

Faith!

Leon 911
10-01-2013, 12:55 PM
They did with the 1/4 Bats!

Faith!

I have a lot of faith my friend, its trust that i dont have! ;)

vodoun
10-01-2013, 02:47 PM
Bummer. But u hear ya about priorities.

As far as PO's, this is it. Maybe the 66 set next year. Actually I like only having one thing on PO. :lol

There hasn't been much that has gotten me truly excited lately. I wish someone would pick up a 1/6 license for Game of Thrones. That would be the ultimate for me.

We might not even be getting figures after October 17th with the debt limit approaching in America.

P.
10-01-2013, 02:50 PM
They'd be thinking ''uhhh, $h!t, these fans might actually be prefer accuracy over our fancy artistic license''.:rotfl:D:mwaha:cuckoo:
not before somebody divides by zero.

xpl0sive
10-01-2013, 03:04 PM
Well there's inevitably going to be both great and terrible in-hand pics. It'll come down to if you think you can get your figure looking like it does in the 'great' pics.

Well so far, I'm not impressed by either sculpt to be honest. I think the likeness is off, and it looks like Arnold's younger brother. The accessories are cool, but I really don't care about those to be honest, I just want the most accurate and realistic figure on my shelf, so what I'm looking for with the in-hand pics is a revision of the sculpts. If the sculpts are the same then I'll be selling mine. I want to get out of 1/6 anyway and collect 1/4 and up, so I'd rather have Enterbay's version over this.

Leon 911
10-01-2013, 03:34 PM
You know, what surprises me is that hot toys takes an aweful long time to get these figures to us, still the sculpts are usually and obvious off. I wonder why would that be the case, it cannot be like its an impossible task to do?
The fact that they know the 2.0 sell as crazy as the older ones gives them enough comfort to may be not try hard enough or go the extra mile. For us these figures are like a long ardent wait and to hot toys its just manufacturing cost + mark up, or so i feel these days.

I dont collect 1/4 so have poed this and yes i like what i see so far! At leasts its not way off and the accessories do some bit of justification. Overall a must have for me, plus its the first BD terminator i will ever own. I have a spare dx 10 for which i will use the other head sculpt - so am all set!

Johnny Utah
10-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Delay delay delay means tweaking.

xpl0sive
10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
Or it could mean, 'we have put this on hold while we pump out more iron man figures, we'll get back to the BD t800 later'.

a-dev
10-01-2013, 04:33 PM
There's still, what, 2 items yet to be released from the last ''Releasing soon'' poster they did. Then by the time we get one with DX13 on it, it still may not necessarily be the first to come out. I'm starting to wonder if I'll have this figure by 2014, I mean, half of December is a write-off for getting stuff in the post even if the figure is out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raTts-iGixU

Leon 911
10-01-2013, 04:53 PM
I dont think delays are due to tweaking. The fact of the matter is this is an old movie figure. Number of people buying now, vs 6 months ago vs 6 months later wont change one bit. However some of the newer stuff, they have a narrow window of capitalizing on preorder releases, etc. so definitely this was severly put on a back burner for iron men and others both on marketing and production. Lastly, this baby is up on preorder still and dx10 was on sale for a long time after initial shipment before it went out of stock. Some places its still awailable at launch price. That means they are making way way more of these compared to demand and that affects production facility peak throughput. Hence one more reason for back burner. But still my heart says ... hope its cause of tweaking :)

KingCharMing
10-01-2013, 05:05 PM
Just checked the distributor here in Australia, turns out its delayed here until January! Fml.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

VintijDroidGutzz
10-01-2013, 05:27 PM
Just checked the distributor here in Australia, turns out its delayed here until January! Fml.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Yep - I mentioned that a few pages back. :wink1:

a-dev
10-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I won't lie, if this gets delayed till next year I'll be rather gutted. Its been a $h!t year, I want to at least end it on the note of having had great fun with the DX13.

The Skull
10-01-2013, 10:17 PM
I won't lie, if this gets delayed till next year I'll be rather gutted. Its been a $h!t year, I want to at least end it on the note of having had great fun with the DX13.

This delay is costing me money, I keep straying and picking up stuff I should stay away from to keep myself entertained, I picked up thor to add to my classic marvel shelf, I picked up major bludd from sideshows cobra line, a line that I was trying to get out of all together but here I am awaiting his arrival:panic:

Anyway whatcha gunna do, I have needs ya know:monkey3

TheFiend
10-01-2013, 10:35 PM
^ Funny enough, I've held onto this money for a while now. I've spent saved money I had put aside for a certain figure a bunch of times, there just isn't anything I'd love to own at the moment. To be honest, I've been rather bored on the forum for the last few months. So this will be most welcome.

The Skull
10-01-2013, 10:45 PM
^ Funny enough, I've held onto this money for a while now. I've spent saved money I had put aside for a certain figure a bunch of times, there just isn't anything I'd love to own at the moment. To be honest, I've been rather bored on the forum for the last few months. So this will be most welcome.

That's what I should be doing, saving for more than one reason. One is so that I will be good at time of release, I don't wanta get caught with my pants down, and two I keep buying stuff will little room to put it, I hate crowded displays yet every time I make more room by selling something or getting another display cabinet I keep filling it up right away:slap

Anyway, first world problems I suppose:monkey3

Leon 911
10-02-2013, 12:43 AM
That's what I should be doing, saving for more than one reason. One is so that I will be good at time of release, I don't wanta get caught with my pants down, and two I keep buying stuff will little room to put it, I hate crowded displays yet every time I make more room by selling something or getting another display cabinet I keep filling it up right away:slap

Anyway, first world problems I suppose:monkey3

Hey guys, what display cabinets are you guys using. I need to invest in more. Any other better options than detolfs...

a-dev
10-02-2013, 07:29 AM
This delay is costing me money, I keep straying and picking up stuff I should stay away from to keep myself entertained, I picked up thor to add to my classic marvel shelf, I picked up major bludd from sideshows cobra line, a line that I was trying to get out of all together but here I am awaiting his arrival:panic:

Anyway whatcha gunna do, I have needs ya know:monkey3

Same. I've kept buying parts on ebay etc and stuff that in prior times I was going to pass on like Hulk and the ****ing Batmobile. The latter not received yet so, granted, I have that to look forward to if DX13 is put off till next year (and assuming it too isn't delayed with my UK retailer). Me being me though, I'm more excited about a Terminator figure.

edit - I've made it sound like Hulk and Batmobile were impulse buys - they weren't, they were two things I've always had in mind outside of Terminator, but where the choice was them or DX13, DX13 was always going to win out which could have meant that, with inflated aftermarket prices, I would never have actually bought them - thus, money not spent, thus the delays on DX13 have cost me money.

The Skull
10-02-2013, 07:52 AM
Hey guys, what display cabinets are you guys using. I need to invest in more. Any other better options than detolfs...

I use the detolfs and a billy, I also added this little guy for displaying cased figures

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/newdisplay004_zps864f5c6d.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/newdisplay003_zpsde89e410.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/newdisplay001_zps99267820.jpg

http://i1104.photobucket.com/albums/h326/irishpeter1978/newdisplay002_zpse93bb2bc.jpg

Same. I've kept buying parts on ebay etc and stuff that in prior times I was going to pass on like Hulk and the ****ing Batmobile. The latter not received yet so, granted, I have that to look forward to if DX13 is put off till next year (and assuming it too isn't delayed with my UK retailer). Me being me though, I'm more excited about a Terminator figure.

Hulk is so F'ing bad@$$, I was in for him dx13 or not:clap That said at the moment hulk is figure of the year for me, that is until the dx13 shows up, the dx13 is the only contender that could de-throne hulk this year, if he shows up this year:impatient:

Rorywan
10-02-2013, 08:58 AM

edit - I've made it sound like Hulk and Batmobile were impulse buys - they weren't, they were two things I've always had in mind outside of Terminator, but where the choice was them or DX13, DX13 was always going to win out which could have meant that, with inflated aftermarket prices, I would never have actually bought them - thus, money not spent, thus the delays on DX13 have cost me money.

Did you pick up The Terminator Vault book yet mate?
It's very good.

a-dev
10-02-2013, 09:45 AM
No I haven't. I'll look for it though. Any nice new behind the scenes pics?

Sidious-66
10-02-2013, 10:41 AM
U din so far?

No I didn't initially buddy as I thought the DX10 would fill my T2 needs. But like so many other members I had to miss out on the '89 Batmobile due to space so I can get something else instead.

ED-209 (HT) is also a no go due to space but I came close to PO him over the weekend just for the sake of it but then decided that the NECA version will do me fine and then I decided to PO the DX13 and I will pick up a Expendables 2 Barney Ross.

I just hope that I can stick to my word and not PO Hot Toys ED-209 as I may cave in again.

Sorry to ask guys but what was the story on this being delayed again?

Rorywan
10-02-2013, 10:44 AM
No I haven't. I'll look for it though. Any nice new behind the scenes pics?

Yeah, it's very good for what it is. A lot like the Alien Vault which was great. You get a few cool items in the pullout sections also, a copy of the Polaroid of Sarah Conner etc. but it comes across as cool rather than gimmicky. Yeah, def check it out.

Leon 911
10-02-2013, 11:11 AM
No I didn't initially buddy as I thought the DX10 would fill my T2 needs. But like so many other members I had to miss out on the '89 Batmobile due to space so I can get something else instead.

ED-209 (HT) is also a no go due to space but I came close to PO him over the weekend just for the sake of it but then decided that the NECA version will do me fine and then I decided to PO the DX13 and I will pick up a Expendables 2 Barney Ross.

I just hope that I can stick to my word and not PO Hot Toys ED-209 as I may cave in again.

Sorry to ask guys but what was the story on this being delayed again?

I orederd ed and cancelled it. Have tonto, volverine, crow, vader, robo with chair and this on preorder so far and also looking for a dx 12 which i have no clue why i passed up on that time. I will also buy the new robo if they ever do that as i am a big joel K fan from the killing and diecast whiplash as and when that comes. Now i am worried and hoping they dont show any more good figures actually as i think it will be tough paying for all of this. Worst case i may cancel vader and crow as things move forward to accomodate any other good launch... Its getting tougher and tougher to buy all the favs.

Sidious-66
10-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I orederd ed and cancelled it. Have tonto, volverine, crow, vader, robo with chair and this on preorder so far and also looking for a dx 12 which i have no clue why i passed up on that time. I will also buy the new robo if they ever do that as i am a big joel K fan from the killing and diecast whiplash as and when that comes. Now i am worried and hoping they dont show any more good figures actually as i think it will be tough paying for all of this. Worst case i may cancel vader and crow as things move forward to accomodate any other good launch... Its getting tougher and tougher to buy all the favs.

Yep it sure is getting tougher to PO these figures. I have a lot on PO for next year and hopefully I will be ok.

Leon 911
10-02-2013, 11:18 AM
Yep it sure is getting tougher to PO these figures. I have a lot on PO for next year and hopefully I will be ok.

I am crossing my fingers. I caught up on some missed stuff this year that gave me a huge dent! ... Next year i plan to order not more than 10 and am already on 6 preods. A bit worried actually as beyond a point i dont have any space either. Lets see.

Sidious-66
10-02-2013, 11:29 AM
I am crossing my fingers. I caught up on some missed stuff this year that gave me a huge dent! ... Next year i plan to order not more than 10 and am already on 6 preods. A bit worried actually as beyond a point i dont have any space either. Lets see.

Yeah I have AVP Scar and Barney Ross (Expendables 2) coming soon and hopefully the NECA ED-209 and Keaton Batman.

No including any NECA stuff I have on PO -

HT Robocop and chair
HT The Crow
HT DX14
HT DX13
SSC Darth Vader
SSC General Grievous
SSC Darth Malgus

And I'm thinking before the week is out I will have the Batman and Robin 1966 figures on PO.

Not to mention other upcoming stuff that Hot Toys will not doubt release.

Leon 911
10-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah I have AVP Scar and Barney Ross (Expendables 2) coming soon and hopefully the NECA ED-209 and Keaton Batman.

No including any NECA stuff I have on PO -

HT Robocop and chair
HT The Crow
HT DX14
HT DX13
SSC Darth Vader
SSC General Grievous
SSC Darth Malgus

And I'm thinking before the week is out I will have the Batman and Robin 1966 figures on PO.

Not to mention other upcoming stuff that Hot Toys will not doubt release.

Man you rock! ... I am hoping a 1/6 endo shows up sometime soom and also a 1/6 t 1000 etc... Will buy anything terminator so long its 1/6, and thats not counted in my upper cap. Lol. As far as dx ... Hate i passed up on dx 09 and 12. What was i thinking. Grrrrr....

Leon 911
10-02-2013, 01:56 PM
Howard chan says a 1/6 endo die cast will happen sometime in near furure, while exciting hope my grand child is not the one standing in a queue for it!

Another interesting point he highlighted is that many a times the licenser for lack of a word pushes back saying they need to better the likeness and hence the delays. Who knows how much of that is accurate but its interesting to know it goes through one more round, whats worse is many a figures shld not have cleared that stage. Hope they push for more accuracy on the dx 13 and thats the main reason for delay.

franpincho
10-02-2013, 02:40 PM
Howard chan says a 1/6 endo die cast will happen sometime in near furure, while exciting hope my grand child is not the one standing in a queue for it!

Another interesting point he highlighted is that many a times the licenser for lack of a word pushes back saying they need to better the likeness and hence the delays. Who knows how much of that is accurate but its interesting to know it goes through one more round, whats worse is many a figures shld not have cleared that stage. Hope they push for more accuracy on the dx 13 and thats the main reason for delay.

That's a lie. If that's true, then Robert Downey Jr must be very easy to please kind of guy. All of his head sculpts are based on some Hispanic porn star.

The Chev
10-02-2013, 02:56 PM
So, I'm guessing the DX15 will be announced when this gets released. Don't they normally announce a new one around the time one gets released?

Leon 911
10-02-2013, 02:58 PM
That's a lie. If that's true, then Robert Downey Jr must be very easy to please kind of guy. All of his head sculpts are based on some Hispanic porn star.

Well said. So wld many others! ...
Hope atleast die cast endo is true. Rest i dont care ;)

Sidious-66
10-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Man you rock! ... I am hoping a 1/6 endo shows up sometime soom and also a 1/6 t 1000 etc... Will buy anything terminator so long its 1/6, and thats not counted in my upper cap. Lol. As far as dx ... Hate i passed up on dx 09 and 12. What was i thinking. Grrrrr....

Yep I will be keeping it 1/6 scale also buddy.

You will get the DX09 and DX12 soon enough.

Johnny Utah
10-05-2013, 11:49 AM
I'd say they'll announce Anakin in November when this guy is around the corner.

Sidious-66
10-07-2013, 10:12 AM
I'd say they'll announce Anakin in November when this guy is around the corner.

Is this still the eta date on this T-800 buddy?

Johnny Utah
10-07-2013, 10:46 AM
Last I heard this was the latest push.

Sidious-66
10-07-2013, 10:49 AM
Last I heard this was the latest push.

Cheers buddy.

I'll just assume that I will not see this guy in hand until Jan or maybe even Feb of next year.

Not that I'm complaining as I just PO him recently.

a-dev
10-07-2013, 11:30 AM
That's my suspicion at this point. I hope I'm proven wrong. As we get closer to christmas the more likely we are to run into shipping/postal delays somewhere along the line that could see many of us not having this until next year.

Furyan
10-07-2013, 11:55 PM
That's my suspicion at this point. I hope I'm proven wrong. As we get closer to christmas the more likely we are to run into shipping/postal delays somewhere along the line that could see many of us not having this until next year.

Dont say that!

Sidious-66
10-08-2013, 04:20 AM

I agree a-dev.

But all good things come to those who wait, so they say. :lol

a-dev
10-08-2013, 10:18 AM
Mr Ecko, I'm sorry, but this guy has you beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGX5t8TCWc

DEATHASYLUM
10-08-2013, 10:21 AM
Jimmie Dimmick sent me that guy's video last night through PM. Amazing Arnie :clap It's so good a-dev, that you had to post it twice :lol

TheFiend
10-08-2013, 10:43 AM
Holy ****. I mean, that was perfect.

a-dev
10-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Jimmie Dimmick sent me that guy's video last night through PM. Amazing Arnie :clap It's so good a-dev, that you had to post it twice :lol

Yeah what the hell is going on there? I've been noticing it all over the forum today, double postings. I definitely did not click ''Submit Reply'' more than once.

I posted about it here earlier:

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48877&page=12

a-dev
10-08-2013, 11:00 AM
These are great aswell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKI5tZQeovw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tKrIQZT7Ec

Sorry about the off topic but not like we have anything to talk about at the moment anyway.

DEATHASYLUM
10-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I noticed that every post & pm is taking forever too. I thought it was my ISP, but I guess not.

Schmo florez
10-08-2013, 11:30 AM
Mr Ecko, I'm sorry, but this guy has you beat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdGX5t8TCWc

Holy crap that was 100% accurate. FACT! I thought my Arnold was good, but this is of the charts!

DiFabio
10-08-2013, 12:08 PM
Yeah what the hell is going on there? I've been noticing it all over the forum today, double postings. I definitely did not click ''Submit Reply'' more than once.

Yup, happens when you go to edit as well.

The other night I had 5 of the same posts, back to back and I hit "Submit Reply" once.

DiFabio

The other night I had 5 of the same posts, back to back and I hit "Submit Reply" once.

DiFabio

stshammgod
10-08-2013, 01:40 PM
http://forums.oce.leagueoflegends.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=885&d=1373532632

Johnny Utah
10-08-2013, 01:47 PM
I got the new Terminator making of book today. Jammed with interviews, pull out souvenirs, premiere ticket replicas, a foreword by Arnie...awesome! It's called Terminator Vault.

a-dev
10-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Dammit, I knew there was something else I meant to look for up the town today. That book^

Rorywan
10-09-2013, 06:49 AM
Dammit, I knew there was something else I meant to look for up the town today. That book^

Told you to get it.
I had a proper read through it at the w.end, you will LOVE it.
I especially enjoyed the replica casting notes. Christopher Reeve?
:)

Johnny Utah
10-09-2013, 07:51 AM
It has a replica of Sarah's photo, as well as a T2 crew pass and an invitation to the wrap party.

a-dev
10-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Does it have detailed files?

stshammgod
10-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Does it have detailed files?

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/1/115e5_ORIG-arnold_lol_gif.gif

BadMuthaDude
10-09-2013, 08:13 AM
What's this book I've been hearing about? Is it available anywhere books are still sold?

DEATHASYLUM
10-09-2013, 08:40 AM
http://c745.r45.cf2.rackcdn.com/img/2009/terminator_vault.jpg

On PO at Amazon for $28

http://www.amazon.com/Terminator-Vault-Complete-Behind-Judgement/dp/0760344760/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381333140&sr=8-1&keywords=terminator+vault

DiFabio
10-09-2013, 08:43 AM
So it's out now? I'm going to Barnes and Noble then.

Rorywan
10-09-2013, 08:48 AM
So it's out now? I'm going to Barnes and Noble then.

I got it about a week ago from Amazon.co.uk. Best movie book I've seen since the Alien Vault.

Rorywan
10-09-2013, 08:59 AM
love this book...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/rorywan/IMG_3172_zps89b1a240.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/rorywan/IMG_3174_zps8e5de005.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/rorywan/IMG_3176_zps53af3130.jpg

a-dev
10-09-2013, 09:12 AM
I had never heard that Reeve was discussed. He might have been good. I could see him as Reese.

edit - actually he would have been taller than Arnold though...so maybe not.

Rorywan
10-09-2013, 09:16 AM
I had never heard that Reeve was discussed. He might have been good. I could see him as Reese.

edit - actually he would have been taller than Arnold though...so maybe not.

yeah, I think he would have been interesting too. Hard to believe they asked Bruce Springsteen as well! :lol

karamazov80
10-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Tommy Lee Jones? As Reese?

Sidious-66
10-09-2013, 10:29 AM
The book is at a nice price on Amazon.co.uk and I will pick it up at a later date.

Who was the role offered to Kurt Russell?

Sidious-66
10-09-2013, 10:29 AM
The book is at a nice price on Amazon.co.uk and I will pick it up at a later date.

Who was the role offered to Kurt Russell?

Meter Man
10-09-2013, 10:53 AM
love this book...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/rorywan/IMG_3172_zps89b1a240.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/rorywan/IMG_3174_zps8e5de005.jpghttp://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/rorywan/IMG_3176_zps53af3130.jpg

Looks awesome. I can see the displaying potential with these goodies already.

francsicoliger
10-09-2013, 06:52 PM
There is much silence, about this figure. Could launch in HK until mid-end of November, which indicate that would come out in the U.S. on January 2014 or after.

Voorhees27
10-09-2013, 06:56 PM
"Christopher Reeve Passed" Ironic thing to read written down in 82' :(

Though it means something entirely different.

DiFabio
10-09-2013, 07:49 PM
It would have been creepy if the date was 10/10/82 instead of 12/14/82.

Tomorrow is actually the anniversary of his death.

MandoMan531
10-09-2013, 09:04 PM
I gotta pick this book up. The little extras remind me of the stuff that comes in The Star Wars Vault, tons of frame worthy stuff there.

EndoSickness
10-10-2013, 12:02 AM
Me too, this Book looks really amazing.
:clap

kam veitch
10-10-2013, 07:30 AM
It was in my wishlist for a few months at 20-21 GBP and now is in its lowest. 15.40 GBP. :yess:

Just purchased it :panic:

Sidious-66
10-10-2013, 09:56 AM
It was in my wishlist for a few months at 20-21 GBP and now is in its lowest. 15.40 GBP. :yess:

Just purchased it :panic:

Was that via Amazon UK buddy?

kam veitch
10-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Yes!! Amazon.uk

A friend lives in the uk and when he comes to Spain, once a month, he brings all the goodies.

This year amazon.uk started to charge shipping costs to other countries in Europe like mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidious-66
10-10-2013, 10:10 AM
Yes!! Amazon.uk

A friend lives in the uk and when he comes to Spain, once a month, he brings all the goodies.

This year amazon.uk started to charge shipping costs to other countries in Europe like mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I had a snoop on Amazon.co.uk yesterday and that was the price of the boo. I will pick it up soon enough. Also Amazon UK has do some new stuff in regards to ordering this year.

Rzeznikk
10-11-2013, 09:57 PM
There is much silence, about this figure. Could launch in HK until mid-end of November, which indicate that would come out in the U.S. on January 2014 or after.

Thats what Im thinking.

dms54nyc
10-12-2013, 02:31 AM
Really? I have the ex on order but ive gotten the EB version awhile ago already. Im thinking I might cancel. 300 is steep for a fig that I already have the 1/4 scale superior version of. The only thing keeping me on the fence is the t1000. How many of these units you guys think they are making?

TheFiend
10-12-2013, 06:46 AM
I often hear people talking of EBs superiority over this version. If were talking about the headsculpt then no argument there. As far as everything else, a complete package? No way. What EB decided to include accessory wise is probably one of the biggest head scratchers I've come across. A completely un-needed regular arm with no clean jacket? Clean gloved hands and grenade launcher with unbroken stock? BD bandolier to go with all the other clean equipment? :lol I'd rather them just make everything BD like its supposed to be, and if you want Cyberdyne stuff for your clean version...tuff. Either that or use the BD stuff.

a-dev
10-12-2013, 07:40 AM
You are correct sir. EB's was a fairly nonsensical package, providing an incomplete set of accessories for an entirely different figure (no clean Bandolier) and in the process not providing as much as would have been preferred for the BD figure itself - semi-BD headsculpt, bullet-holed jacket with sleeve still intact, left hands, more right hands, steel rod, broken stock M79 etc etc.