PDA

View Full Version : Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60

a-dev
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
:nana: Hey, aren't you supose to be saving up for a wedding? :wave :rotfl

I was hoping you'd give me the opening to post a great Jack Nicholson 'A few good men' youtube segment there but alas not to be. :lol My wait for that perfect opportunity goes on.

The wedding actually has been postponed. I thought I had aired that 'publicly' in here but you might have missed it. It just wasn't gonna happen this year financially. We would have needed more family help than it was reasonable to ask and we would have had to utterly deprive ourselves in the meantime and so on. So we're spreading out the saving over a longer period.

So I'm gonna resume saving money, uhhh, any time now.

DEATHASYLUM
02-08-2013, 09:53 PM
I was hoping you'd give me the opening to post a great Jack Nicholson 'A few good men' youtube segment there but alas not to be. :lol My wait for that perfect opportunity goes on.

The wedding actually has been postponed. I thought I had aired that 'publicly' in here but you might have missed it. It just wasn't gonna happen this year financially. We would have needed more family help than it was reasonable to ask and we would have had to utterly deprive ourselves in the meantime and so on. So we're spreading out the saving over a longer period.

:slap That could have been good.....maybe next time. Anyways, I must have missed that update on the wedding. Well, at least that gives you a little more time to enjoy buying anything you want. :hi5:

BadMuthaDude
02-09-2013, 07:23 AM

You know where I stand on having multiples of the same figure. You could have some extra cash and space.

spindrift
02-09-2013, 07:55 AM
The HT Hamilton sculpts are pretty good- not spot-on but good. Yes on ScarJo HT slimmed her HS down for this new figure.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-09-2013, 08:22 AM
What I see is HT ''idealising'' the sculpt again. Scarjo had puppy fat in that film, both in her face and her overall bodyshape - and she looked just as well for it. If the figure doesn't reflect that it instantly looks less like her than it should even before you get to the particulars of the facial features. But no, HT has this idea that all females have to be superslim with giant breasts, that their customers would only buy a female figure which conformed to that and so thats what they're sticking to. Yeah I know, I sound like Starpuffs there.
No, well said man - agreed completely. :wink1:

a-dev
02-09-2013, 11:26 AM
You know where I stand on having multiples of the same figure. You could have some extra cash and space.

If I wasn't buying multiples of Terminators I'd be buying the entire Avengers and TDKR lineups, I wouldn't be selling certain figures that I've been selling etc etc. Ultimately I'd be spending just as much and with no forseeable end. Theres only so many variations of the T-800 that even I need whereas if I'm going for a more varied collection then the possibilities are limitless.

DiFabio
02-09-2013, 11:33 AM

Gooood, gooood

http://www.hottoys.jp/catalog/swfdata/ht3272/imgview_image/up_4.jpg

The Skull
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
If I wasn't buying multiples of Terminators I'd be buying the entire Avengers and TDKR lineups, I wouldn't be selling certain figures that I've been selling etc etc. Ultimately I'd be spending just as much and with no forseeable end. Theres only so many variations of the T-800 that even I need whereas if I'm going for a more varied collection then the possibilities are limitless.

I've stepped out of the terminator line a couple of times these past months, I picked up a dx12 a week ago, glad I did as its a really nice figure and I just ordered a figure I was gunna pass on, the city hunter predator. My predator collection needed some love and has space on the predator shelf so I made a what the heck purchese:panic: Not sure that was the right choice but I'm gunna stick with it.

shells075
02-09-2013, 11:44 AM
I have not spent one penny on HT figs this year :yess:
I have got about 6 on PO though from last year. :thud:

a-dev
02-09-2013, 11:48 AM
Gooood, gooood

http://www.hottoys.jp/catalog/swfdata/ht3272/imgview_image/up_4.jpg

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/24102.gif

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/user3244_pic21354_1325691276.gif

I've stepped out of the terminator line a couple of times these past months, I picked up a dx12 a week ago, glad I did as its a really nice figure and I just ordered a figure I was gunna pass on, the city hunter predator. My predator collection needed some love and has space on the predator shelf so I made a what the heck purchese:panic: Not sure that was the right choice but I'm gunna stick with it.

I've had the DX11 Joker on order twice and I've cancelled twice. I'm just not in a place to buy outside my big 4 right now.

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 01:00 PM
I completely understand the need for multiple Terminators. The different looks must be displayed at the same time, even if that means delaying the wedding. There will be plenty of time to save later, but limited time to get the necessary DX figures & accessories for the ultimate T2 fan. Who wants to sit around changing the entire outfit all the time and risk breaking something, when you can just work on the poses. Enjoy & have fun a-dev. :hi5:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8191/8444745619_cacca7a502_b.jpg

a-dev
02-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I completely understand the need for multiple Terminators. The different looks must be displayed at the same time, even if that means delaying the wedding. There will be plenty of time to save later, but limited time to get the necessary DX figures & accessories for the ultimate T2 fan. Who wants to sit around changing the entire outfit all the time and risk breaking something, when you can just work on the poses. Enjoy & have fun a-dev. :hi5:

:lol

Damn, that sounds so shallow. Just for the record, the issue of my toy collecting didn't even come up in the decision to delay our wedding. That I now don't have to miss the Terminator goodies coming out this year is merely a silver lining to the postponement. :D

You raise a point that I do worry about though - that by changing looks of a single figure on a frequent basis you risk breaking it over time. Thats one reason I buy multiples rather than take that chance. And its a reason why I've considered breaking my rule about only one of each 1:4 scale figure. I really feel that if I keep changing the T-shirts on my Enterbay T-800 that an arm will break sooner or later.

The Skull
02-09-2013, 01:20 PM
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/24102.gif

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/tt28/a-dev/Funnies/user3244_pic21354_1325691276.gif

I've had the DX11 Joker on order twice and I've cancelled twice. I'm just not in a place to buy outside my big 4 right now.

Whats your big 4, I know terminator is number 1, predator, what else do you collect? I thought you had a 89 batman too.

BadMuthaDude
02-09-2013, 01:28 PM

Really? There's so, so much wrong with your statement. Displaying multiples of the exact same $200+ figure is more important than your wedding? The possibility of breakage as a justification to spend upwards of $1000? I'd have to break the crap out of my figure many times for the cost of replacements to come near buying multiples. Saying that buying these figures is a good reason to delay your wedding? What? :lol

To each their own, but it can do without the terrible justifications and rationalizations.

I guess I'm far from the ultimate T2 fan since fandom is apparently measured by how many times you buy the same product.

BadMuthaDude
02-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I want to add that I know deathasylum's comments are not representative of a-dev's, particularly the wedding delay comment.

a-dev
02-09-2013, 01:34 PM
Whats your big 4, I know terminator is number 1, predator, what else do you collect? I thought you had a 89 batman too.

Terminator, Robocop, Predator and Alien. In that order of preferance. I probably have more Predator stuff than Robocop but thats because much more Predator stuff gets made and there was only ever 1 good Robo film. The others and the TV shows were complete trash IMO.

Outside of these things I've got '89 Batman and Joker, Reeve Superman, Red/Blue Spiderman, Wolverine, OC Bale Batman, DX01 Joker, The Tumbler, Enterbay Jack Bauer and Sgt. Barnes from Platoon. Thats it.

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 01:34 PM

Damn, that sounds so shallow. Just for the record, the issue of my toy collecting didn't even come up in the decision to delay our wedding. That I now don't have to miss the Terminator goodies coming out this year is merely a silver lining to the postponement. :D

You raise a point that I do worry about though - that by changing looks of a single figure on a frequent basis you risk breaking it over time. Thats one reason I buy multiples rather than take that chance. And its a reason why I've considered breaking my rule about only one of each 1:4 scale figure. I really feel that if I keep changing the T-shirts on my Enterbay T-800 that an arm will break sooner or later.

And it shouldn't. You both made the decision together and came up with a new game plan. It totally makes sense to me & I don't think it's shallow at all. When you make a commitment to each other & can communicate successfully it's a beautiful thing. Seeing eye to eye is what keeps a relationship strong and you guys will be able to accomplish everything you need to build your lives together.:hi5:

Now, getting back to the T-800 figure. The one thing I learned in this hobby a long time ago is stuff breaks. Constantly changing weapons, clothes, and gear is asking for trouble. No matter how careful you are stuff is going to break no matter what. The least amount of time spent doing that tedious work of changing the better. Moving arms & hs around is way easier & eliminates the chances of breakage. I think having the extra figures is definitely worth the piece of mind & you get to enjoy your favorite scenes at the same time. :wink1:

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Really? There's so, so much wrong with your statement. Displaying multiples of the exact same $200+ figure is more important than your wedding? The possibility of breakage as a justification to spend upwards of $1000? I'd have to break the crap out of my figure many times for the cost of replacements to come near buying multiples. Saying that buying these figures is a good reason to delay your wedding? What? :lol

To each their own, but it can do without the terrible justifications and rationalizations.

I guess I'm far from the ultimate T2 fan since fandom is apparently measured by how many times you buy the same product.

I want to add that I know deathasylum's comments are not representative of a-dev's, particularly the wedding delay comment.

I should have clarified better, but in no way was I saying that the figures are more important. If that's how it came out I definitely apologize to a-dev.

a-dev
02-09-2013, 01:40 PM
I should have clarified better, but in no way was I saying that the figures are more important. If that's how it came out I definitely apologize to a-dev.

No apology needed, I knew you weren't serious. I'm sure I've made similar jokes.

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 01:44 PM
No apology needed, I knew you weren't serious. I'm sure I've made similar jokes.

Okay cool & I am glad you knew what I was saying. :yess: Also, apologies to BadMuthaDude & I hope my other post made more sense. My jokes are lame & definitely need help.

Edit: I am a family man and believe that is most important and I think a-dev already knew that from a previous conversation we had in another thread.

sixth_sith
02-09-2013, 02:41 PM
I feel like Ripley, backing away from the eggs she has just realized surround her....

I'll just say it seems there are good friends here... I like that

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 02:52 PM
I feel like Ripley, backing away from the eggs she has just realized surround her....

I'll just say it seems there are good friends here... I like that

Lots of Terminator fans here that's for sure. :hi5: I will work on a group picture today too. It's funny cause I was just giving a-dev a hard time for not posting pics of his dio and now today it's like instant Karma for my collection shot. It will take some time to get all my Arnies together and keep my 3 yr old away from it all at the same time.... :lol

DiFabio
02-09-2013, 03:28 PM
I've bought multiples before, some in obscene amounts. There's really no justification for it, no matter how I might try.

It's not without complete reason though. I'll buy multiples of my favorite characters/figures, Terminator and Batman are no exception. I'm not entirely sure what it is, perhaps reliving the experience of opening a brand new figure? Displaying different looks? Hoarding? Dunno.

The most of one figure I've owned is the T-1000, but for good reason. That figure comes with so much stuff and has a ton of varying looks to display.

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 03:40 PM
I've bought multiples before, some in obscene amounts. There's really no justification for it, no matter how I might try.

It's not without complete reason though. I'll buy multiples of my favorite characters/figures, Terminator and Batman are no exception. I'm not entirely sure what it is, perhaps reliving the experience of opening a brand new figure? Displaying different looks? Hoarding? Dunno.

The most of one figure I've owned is the T-1000, but for good reason. That figure comes with so much stuff and has a ton of varying looks to display.

I definitely believe the DX13 is one of those must display both DB versions at the same time type of figure. Just like the Luke DX, it would have been great if HT just made both complete figures in the box set. Now we have to either buy 2 or battle for loose parts.

sixth_sith
02-09-2013, 03:58 PM
I definitely believe the DX13 is one of those must display both DB versions at the same time type of figure. Just like the Luke DX, it would have been great if HT just made both complete figures in the box set. Now we have to either buy 2 or battle for loose parts.

Man I really want to get this Accessory kit idea to Hot toys...

DX10 Accessory Kit #1:

- Teargas Launcher with loadable capsules
- Top left forehead BD on sculpt accurate to scene in film
- Black shirt & Roses

DX10 Accessory Kit #2:

- Leather with wear & bullet holes
- Motorcycle!

DX13 Accessory Kit #1:

- Diorama with Lava base & Chain to "lower" T-800 in lava
- Sarah & John Connor statue! no articulation

DX13 Accessory Kit #2:

- Crappy little blue truck used to get to factory
- 1000 little pieces to display a shattered T-1000

ANYONE???

The Skull
02-09-2013, 04:05 PM

DX10 Accessory Kit #1:

- Black shirt & Roses

DX10 Accessory Kit #2:

- Motorcycle!

DX13 Accessory Kit #1:

DX13 Accessory Kit #2:

ANYONE???

Will never happen, however I have hope that they will continue with the diorama line started with the hall of armor to include a steel mill with chains for dx13 and the likely up-coming bat armory for batmans suit and weapon. I would also like to see them do the predator 2 ship diorama with trophy wall for the skulls!!!

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 04:13 PM

DX10 Accessory Kit #1:

- Black shirt & Roses

DX10 Accessory Kit #2:

- Motorcycle!

DX13 Accessory Kit #1:

DX13 Accessory Kit #2:

ANYONE???

I think a Galleria upgrade for the DX10 with the rose box, bullet ridden black T shirt and jacket would be a great idea, but I doubt HT would do it. I think the tear gas launcher should come with the DX13 and I'm bummed it got left out of the mix.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/64/T2JDMM1-5.jpg/800px-T2JDMM1-5.jpg

snoop101
02-09-2013, 05:14 PM
Who knows, maybe they'll include it when it's finally released. This is currently the only thing I have on pre-order.

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Who knows, maybe they'll include it when it's finally released. This is currently the only thing I have on pre-order.

Fingers crossed that they do cause I would love to see it.

sixth_sith
02-09-2013, 06:08 PM
I've always had the opinion that doing a battle damaged figure allows for alot of savings... alot of parts that would otherwise not pass QC, are allowed use...

If you look at the iron man series, I always thought the battle damaged versions came from the huge mass of crap they had left over :dunno

I see the teargas gun as intricate if indeed it does revolve....

My point with these kits is more about the fact there is a HUGE parting out market here... WTF are they waiting for? Companies like Very HOT are basically accessory kits and they are pretty good... obviously the market is there if you look at parts on ebay.

I know you guys are saying it'll never happen but the arnold TTM muscle body was a long awaited myth and want too...

I guess it's all up to Mr.Ecko... (he's like said what???)
I think at least you could handle the million little T-1000 bits for a nitrogen spill scene? just paint some pop rocks and nerds silver? lol

VintijDroidGutzz
02-09-2013, 06:15 PM
I've bought multiples before, some in obscene amounts.

The closest I'll ever likely get to owning multiples of anything, is Arnold. By that I mean I'll have by year's end; the T1 Arnold, first T2, & then obviously the DX13. I'll also want a new 1/6 Endo, but that'll be the end of my Terminator run. At some point when HT inevitably make a Conan, I'll get that too.

I'm a huge fan of Arnold & his films, but I don't need 20 figures of him to show it. :lol

shells075
02-09-2013, 06:21 PM

The closest I'll ever likely get to owning multiples of anything, is Arnold. By that I mean I'll have by year's end; the T1 Arnold, first T2, & then obviously the DX13. I'll also want a new 1/6 Endo, but that'll be the end of my Terminator run. At some point when HT inevitably make a Conan, I'll get that too.

I'm a huge fan of Arnold & his films, but I don't need 20 figures of him to show it. :lol

Yeah the figure should come with the tear gas launcher, hey they might still include it before releasing the figure. I think the original DX11 did not come with the shotgun in the promo shots but now its in the final ptoduct.

VintijDroidGutzz
02-09-2013, 06:26 PM
I'm confused - how does your reply relate to my post dude? :lol

shells075
02-09-2013, 06:31 PM
I'm confused - how does your reply relate to my post dude? :lol

Lol I quoted the wrong guy :slap

shells075
02-09-2013, 06:32 PM

Yeah the figure should come with the tear gas launcher, hey they might still include it before releasing the figure. I think the original DX11 did not come with the shotgun in the promo shots but now its in the final product.

The Skull
02-09-2013, 06:46 PM

I'm sencing some resentment developing againist people who buy multibles of arnold, as if we buy them to show were bigger fans, which is not the case and is a bizarre claim to make. I can't speak for others but why would anyone get annoyed at this, It seems you guys feel threatened by it as you both claim to be big arnold fans that don't have to buy alot of figures to prove it.

No one cares whos a bigger fan and it can't be proved with how many figures one has. No one is spending hundreds of dollars so some guys on ssf forum will know there the biggest arnold fan:cuckoo:

Sorry to put it so bluntly but a youtube clip of arnold saying "stop whinning" would'nt convay the my confusion for this anger. People buy multibles of all sorts of figures to display differnt looks or to keep one mib or to sell later or to simply hoard.

(I'm not looking for conflict here as I'm not like that, just felt like putting it out there)

sixth_sith
02-09-2013, 06:52 PM
Well, I want to really put this out there "lightly & kindly"

But aren't we all F'Ked in the head? this hobby?

The folks that buy multiples are fufulling some kind of fear of not having enough? or not being able to satisfy yourself?

Just saying we aren't really normal for being in this hobby in the first place.

Having said all that psychological BS... I look at people who buy multiples as nothing more than people who can afford it...? no biggie, futzing takes HOURS... if you have multiples you get multiple angles at once, double the pleasure double the fun...

To ME, each figure is an experience... so multiples would make no sense because i'm destroying the opportunity to experience another figure... but that's cuz I'm poor YO!

VintijDroidGutzz
02-09-2013, 07:01 PM
(I'm not looking for conflict here as I'm not like that, just felt like putting it out there)
Fair enough.. you've misunderstood me though. :lol

If it came across that way, it wasn't my intention. I'm certainly not trying to judge anyone, I was merely saying that while some like all the bells & whistles & everything in between - which is fine, I've got my target worked out. The '20 figures' bit was just a general comment - no malice there. :peace

sixth_sith
02-09-2013, 07:09 PM
Yeah the figure should come with the tear gas launcher, hey they might still include it before releasing the figure. I think the original DX11 did not come with the shotgun in the promo shots but now its in the final product.

I like your enthusiasm Shells!

I was just looking at the proto's though and I think there is no way...

They are going to re-use the M-16 they have released a million times, and looks like somekind of worn out handle mod on the grenade launcher which is too detailed to not include...

Also the teargas launcher wouldn't fit later in the move at all. The just plain CHEEEEEEEEEEEEAPED out.

The Skull
02-09-2013, 07:10 PM
Well, I want to really put this out there "lightly & kindly"

But aren't we all F'Ked in the head? this hobby?

The folks that buy multiples are fufulling some kind of fear of not having enough? or not being able to satisfy yourself?

Just saying we aren't really normal for being in this hobby in the first place.

Having said all that psychological BS... I look at people who buy multiples as nothing more than people who can afford it...? no biggie, futzing takes HOURS... if you have multiples you get multiple angles at once, double the pleasure double the fun...

To ME, each figure is an experience... so multiples would make no sense because i'm destroying the opportunity to experience another figure... but that's cuz I'm poor YO!

I'm not rich ether, just regular old middle class. I've just got myself in a good place financally with my house and car payed off, very little cc dept and bills all under control. But Yes I would say at some level I'm F'd in the head:panic:

Fair enough.. you've misunderstood me though. :lol

If it came across that way, it wasn't my intention. I'm certainly not trying to judge anyone, I was merely saying that while some like all the bells & whistles & everything in between - which is fine, I've got my target worked out. The '20 figures' bit was just a general comment - no malice there. :peace

Thanks for understanding, I'm sorry if I misread your intention:1-1: I think I need to turn the computer off for a while and take a break, I spend way to much free time here:lol

VintijDroidGutzz
02-09-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks for understanding, I'm sorry if I misread your intention:1-1: I think I need to turn the computer off for a while and take a break, I spend way to much free time here:lol
All good dude. :duff

Just as an aside - figure collecting / appreciation can be an incredibly fun & brilliant thing. It's just another aspect of being a pop culture fan; it seems I've inadvertently steered our positive chat into a dark alley. :lol

We all have our own reasons for the way we do stuff - there's plenty of room here. :hi5:

BadMuthaDude
02-09-2013, 07:21 PM
I'm sencing some resentment developing againist people who buy multibles of arnold, as if we buy them to show were bigger fans, which is not the case and is a bizarre claim to make. I can't speak for others but why would anyone get annoyed at this, It seems you guys feel threatened by it as you both claim to be big arnold fans that don't have to buy alot of figures to prove it.

No one cares whos a bigger fan and it can't be proved with how many figures one has. No one is spending hundreds of dollars so some guys on ssf forum will know there the biggest arnold fan:cuckoo:

Sorry to put it so bluntly but a youtube clip of arnold saying "stop whinning" would'nt convay the my confusion for this anger. People buy multibles of all sorts of figures to display differnt looks or to keep one mib or to sell later or to simply hoard.

:gigantic sigh

You got me. I'm hostile towards collectors of multiples. I wasn't responding to a comment about being the ultimate fan with a huge collection of multiples or anything of that sort.

I love how I'm apparently "angry" too. Do I need to add a smiley after each sentence, or can we stop with the assuming anger when no such cues exist? :):):):):):):):):)

The Skull
02-09-2013, 08:38 PM
:gigantic sigh

You got me. I'm hostile towards collectors of multiples. I wasn't responding to a comment about being the ultimate fan with a huge collection of multiples or anything of that sort.

I love how I'm apparently "angry" too. Do I need to add a smiley after each sentence, or can we stop with the assuming anger when no such cues exist? :):):):):):):):):)

Sorry BMD, your right I guess it was out of context:peace

jimmie_dimmick
02-09-2013, 08:47 PM
The one thing I learned in this hobby a long time ago is stuff breaks. Constantly changing weapons, clothes, and gear is asking for trouble. No matter how careful you are stuff is going to break no matter what.

I wish I would have read this before reposing my Rescue Cap today. :gah:

DEATHASYLUM
02-09-2013, 09:14 PM
I wish I would have read this before reposing my Rescue Cap today. :gah:

:( Oh that sucks jimmie!!! I hope it can be fixed. I break stuff all the time and sometimes it seems like if I even point at something it will crumble....I gotta be hands off as much as possible. :slap

jimmie_dimmick
02-09-2013, 09:16 PM
:( Oh that sucks jimmie!!! I hope it can be fixed. I break stuff all the time and sometimes it seems like if I even point at something it will crumble....I gotta be hands off as much as possible. :slap

The small clip on the holster tore off. I rigged it for now, but :slap in knew not to change the pose. :thud:

Gipetto0812
02-09-2013, 09:37 PM

This is where I fit in :lol

The small clip on the holster tore off. I rigged it for now, but :slap in knew not to change the pose. :thud:

Damn dude I know the pain. First time I put the mini gun in Arnie's hands and started futzing, snap went the trigger handle. was lucky enough to be able to fit a small bit of metal rod/wire in the handle and base where the handle came from so now it's a lot sturdier than before, but first times are happening with the DX10 for me. This was the first time I broke an accessory and first time I broke a wrist joint. not a good feeling either time

Dingobuzz269
02-11-2013, 08:32 PM
First time I put the mini gun in Arnie's hands and started futzing, snap went the trigger handle.

Exact same thing happened to me within thirty minutes of being out of the package. I used gorilla glue. Now there's a bit of unsightly runoff around the edges, but it is solidly attached, and Arnie's hand covers it up anyway. It'll just look crappy if I display it laying by his feet or something (which I won't do).

Ironic, since I had been telling my roommate not to mess with it because I didn't want her breaking anything. Karma for being an a**.

Hydeous
02-12-2013, 12:27 AM
damn, I just noticed that this is using the same DX stand as DX01 and DX02?! :duh

sixth_sith
02-12-2013, 12:44 AM
Here is a small comic I did, enjoy...

email it to people you know are on the "fence"

http://members.shaw.ca/digital_pipeline/ebay/t2comic1.jpg

Gipetto0812
02-12-2013, 01:13 AM
damn, I just noticed that this is using the same DX stand as DX01 and DX02?! :duh

Haha yea glad they used that stand. Much better than the Tron legacy one in the DX10 guess HT hear how upset fans were/are with the DX10 one. Love the metal grating :rock

sixth_sith
02-12-2013, 01:18 AM
Haha yea glad they used that stand. Much better than the Tron legacy one in the DX10 guess HT hear how upset fans were/are with the DX10 one. Love the metal grating :rock

I had to grab a 1/4 enterbay one! can't wait until it get's here... grate's rock eh Gipetto!

Speaking of the ahem "tron" stand.... see link below sig :rotfl

Gary23
02-12-2013, 01:43 AM

Yeah me too, this is the only thing I'm realy looking forward to :impatient: Hopfully it will be here 1 day after release in China :yess:

Gipetto0812
02-12-2013, 01:45 AM
I had to grab a 1/4 enterbay one! can't wait until it get's here... grate's rock eh Gipetto!

Speaking of the ahem "tron" stand.... see link below sig :rotfl

The stand or the entire figure?? Either way congrats :hi5:

As for the Tron stand. It's a nice stand but so obviously Tron that it just doesn't go with the T800. It went nice for the Exclusive Avengers Iron Man MK6 though.

Exact same thing happened to me within thirty minutes of being out of the package. I used gorilla glue. Now there's a bit of unsightly runoff around the edges, but it is solidly attached, and Arnie's hand covers it up anyway. It'll just look crappy if I display it laying by his feet or something (which I won't do).

Ironic, since I had been telling my roommate not to mess with it because I didn't want her breaking anything. Karma for being an a**.
Haha I'm not laughing at your pain but I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened too :lol I felt lido this>>:slap: when it happened :lol everyone knows not to touch my cases and low and behold first time anything happens, it's by my own hands. Guess it's a good thing though so I wouldn't be mad at anyone else but myself :lol

Frank Jaeger
02-12-2013, 01:20 PM

DX10 Accessory Kit #1:

- Black shirt & Roses

DX10 Accessory Kit #2:

- Motorcycle!

DX13 Accessory Kit #1:

DX13 Accessory Kit #2:

ANYONE???

I hope somebody out there will make a diorama of the machine that the T-1000 uses to crush Arnies head right before he does him in the back with the pole

DEATHASYLUM
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I hope somebody out there will make a diorama of the machine that the T-1000 uses to crush Arnies head right before he does him in the back with the pole

I think you should volunteer. I would love to see that in a steel mill dio. :wink1:

P.
02-12-2013, 02:06 PM

I'm a huge fan of Arnold & his films, but I don't need 20 figures of him to show it. :lolI'm sencing some resentment developing againist people who buy multibles of arnold, as if we buy them to show were bigger fans, which is not the case and is a bizarre claim to make. I can't speak for others but why would anyone get annoyed at this, It seems you guys feel threatened by it as you both claim to be big arnold fans that don't have to buy alot of figures to prove it.

(I'm not looking for conflict here as I'm not like that, just felt like putting it out there)i am very far from a fan of Schwarzenegger or his movies. actually i think only van damme and stallone (from those "heroes of the past") had a more stupid and dull movie career, though they are not half as untalented as arnold.
at the same time only a-dev can compete me in T2 numbers and everybody is far behind concerning T1.
that should prove what Skull said )

BadMuthaDude
02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
I spent this morning at work texting my wife, trying to convince her that if the opportunity should ever present itself, she must bear Arnold's child.

If you wouldn't do the same, you are not a fan!

DEATHASYLUM
02-12-2013, 02:25 PM
I spent this morning at work texting my wife, trying to convince her that if the opportunity should ever present itself, she must bear Arnold's child.

:lol:rotfl

snoop101
02-12-2013, 02:26 PM

:lol :rotfl :lol

Frank Jaeger
02-12-2013, 02:39 PM
I think you should volunteer. I would love to see that in a steel mill dio. :wink1:

Man, if i was good at anything other than buying these, it'd already be in motion my friend

DEATHASYLUM
02-12-2013, 03:08 PM
Man, if i was good at anything other than buying these, it'd already be in motion my friend

:lol:lol:lol

Dollmanron
02-12-2013, 03:12 PM

DX10 Accessory Kit #1:

- Black shirt & Roses

DX10 Accessory Kit #2:

- Motorcycle!

DX13 Accessory Kit #1:

DX13 Accessory Kit #2:

ANYONE???

Some of this stuff sounds nice, but I'd rather Hot Toys make a 80's version Kyle Reese, and a young John Conner (from T2) before any of it.

DEATHASYLUM
02-12-2013, 03:22 PM
I would love to see those too, along with an updated Sarah Connor from both films.

sixth_sith
02-12-2013, 04:27 PM
I would love to see those too, along with an updated Sarah Connor from both films.

80's sarah with big hair, 80's walkman & scooter! :panic::panic::panic:

A creepy Micheal Bane with dirt all over, shirtless wearing an overcoat with a shotgun hanging inside. :panic::panic::panic:

Little John Connor with backpack, bank hacking gear & dirtbike

T-800 Harley Pack - comes with worn leather & 1:6 scale bike

T-1000 accessory pack - comes with new sculpt & accessories

:panic:

DEATHASYLUM
02-12-2013, 04:47 PM
80's sarah with big hair, 80's walkman & scooter! :panic::panic::panic:

A creepy Micheal Bane with dirt all over, shirtless wearing an overcoat with a shotgun hanging inside. :panic::panic::panic:

Little John Connor with backpack, bank hacking gear & dirtbike

T-800 Harley Pack - comes with worn leather & 1:6 scale bike

T-1000 accessory pack - comes with new sculpt & accessories

:panic:

Yep, that sounds about right. :lol

sixth_sith
02-12-2013, 05:26 PM
Yep, that sounds about right. :lol

When I think about a Miles Benedison... (however you spell it) and I think about a Terminator 1 Kyle Reece, I find these figs to be a throw back to cheaper pricing. I mean what are they really going to come with accessory wise??? not much, but who cares, keep the cost low, so all we can focus BACK onto the figure for around say $`130?

ooooooohhhh Miles can come with a bomb switch, and we could pose him shot on the floor, trying to hold up that weight....

BadMuthaDude
02-12-2013, 05:29 PM
Oh, the name butchering!

But yes Kyle is a must and I'd like to see if they can improve the T-1000 sculpt.

P.
02-12-2013, 05:35 PM
i don't even believe already in Kyle Reese figure.
clearly HT doesn't try to make collections, only collectible characters from here & there.

sixth_sith
02-12-2013, 05:36 PM
Oh, the name butchering!

But yes Kyle is a must and I'd like to see if they can improve the T-1000 sculpt.

just went through them / if it was worth mentioning / it's worth fixing... lol

Michael Biehn
Miles Bennet Dyson (learn something new everyday)
Kyle Reese

highlander1
02-14-2013, 01:22 PM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w436/sith248/T2eC16VHJHQE9nzEylvtBQFS1d5rSw60_3_zps87ef6390.jpg
I just picked up this set of clothes for a 2nd arnold kitbash for this set for 21 bucks shipped ,last one . I bet they will pop up again on ebay if search 1/6 clothes set. Hope they fit him just thought i'd throw that out thier for others cheaper then buying it all loose. I just had to buy his dx10 boots and shirt seperate.

highlander1
02-14-2013, 01:41 PM
WoW actualy sideshow coupon worked picked up a xtra musclar body for 46 with shipping . Thank you sideshow now my dx 13 will be ready when gets here. Use coupon code valentine2013 for 25 bucks off today. sweeeeet.:yess::rock

jimmie_dimmick
02-14-2013, 01:46 PM
WoW actualy sideshow coupon worked picked up a xtra musclar body for 46 with shipping . Thank you sideshow now my dx 13 will be ready when gets here. Use coupon code valentine2013 for 25 bucks off today. sweeeeet.:yess::rock

I did this morning for the figure itself. The coupon took care of the Cali taxes I have to pay through SSC.

highlander1
02-14-2013, 01:55 PM
Almost feels like what we should be paying all the time with this coupon. :lol ha ha cheers:duff to giving out a actual coupon we will use this time sideshow way to show you love us fans.:1-1: Again coupon code valentine2013 for 25 bucks off today.

DEATHASYLUM
02-14-2013, 01:59 PM
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w436/sith248/T2eC16VHJHQE9nzEylvtBQFS1d5rSw60_3_zps87ef6390.jpg
I just picked up this set of clothes for a 2nd arnold kitbash for this set for 21 bucks shipped ,last one . I bet they will pop up again on ebay if search 1/6 clothes set. Hope they fit him just thought i'd throw that out thier for others cheaper then buying it all loose. I just had to buy his dx10 boots and shirt seperate.

I think that outfit looks pretty snug on the TT slim. You might run into a problem trying to stuff an Arnie body in that.

shells075
02-14-2013, 02:02 PM
i don't even believe already in Kyle Reese figure.
clearly HT doesn't try to make collections, only collectible characters from here & there.

A Kyle Reese figure is long overdue, yeah ok forget about MMS 02. HT must know us collectors want a KR fig, pull your finger out HT & make a new Kyle Reese, Instead of making all these lame GI Joe figs!!! PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE.

highlander1
02-14-2013, 02:07 PM
I'll let you know may take a bit to get the clothes since coming from oversea's but if works will post pics if not was only 21 bucks i spent. But hope they work pants mainly. I thought looked kinda baggy.

DEATHASYLUM
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I'll let you know may take a bit to get the clothes since coming from oversea's but if works will post pics if not was only 21 bucks i spent. But hope they work pants mainly. I thought looked kinda baggy.

Not to bad of a price for$21. Good luck to you and I hope it works. :wink1:

highlander1
02-14-2013, 02:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=10p9YEJxDPU
The damn bar scene will be stuck in my head until i find out the clothes fit :lol

a-dev
02-14-2013, 03:21 PM
A Kyle Reese figure is long overdue, yeah ok forget about MMS 02. HT must know us collectors want a KR fig, pull your finger out HT & make a new Kyle Reese, Instead of making all these lame GI Joe figs!!! PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAASSSSSSSSEEEEEEEE.

That old Kyle Reese was actually MMS01 believe it or not. The very first MMS figure by Hot Toys. For that fact alone he warrants a new figure.

DEATHASYLUM
02-14-2013, 03:28 PM
:exactly:Yep, that figure is in dire needs of a redo. You can skip the war version though. I want the trench coat & Nike shoes with a shotgun "That son-of-a-bit** just stole my pants" version. :wink1:

sixth_sith
02-14-2013, 06:32 PM

:exactly: No figures for ANY license should ever be made until atleast the movie is on DVD! GI Joe could turn out to be GI Gay and we are stuck waiting...

Not to bad of a price for$21. Good luck to you and I hope it works. :wink1:

Just my 2 cents, but really 21 bucks is about half way to a genuine HT Leather! I dunno IMO tailoring is a big part of scale and realism :dunno

That old Kyle Reese was actually MMS01 believe it or not. The very first MMS figure by Hot Toys. For that fact alone he warrants a new figure.

Nice fact a-dev... Plus it's also a fact that Beihn has given his likeness before so no prob there...

But just as important as the head sculpt likeness for me is the fact that Kyle should be a very dirty figure, he should really look like he's been homeless for days...

IMO a modern T4 Kyle Reese is not as relevant.

DEATHASYLUM
02-14-2013, 06:40 PM
Just my 2 cents, but really 21 bucks is about half way to a genuine HT Leather! I dunno IMO tailoring is a big part of scale and realism :dunno

:lecture You don't have to tell me, tell the guy that bought it. I'm DX leathers all the way. I was wishing him luck. :wink1:

sixth_sith
02-14-2013, 07:28 PM
:lecture You don't have to tell me, tell the guy that bought it. I'm DX leathers all the way. I was wishing him luck. :wink1:

:slap that came out all wrong... sorry about that Death, just chiming in shoulda tagged the other fella...

DEATHASYLUM
02-14-2013, 07:35 PM
:slap that came out all wrong... sorry about that Death, just chiming in shoulda tagged the other fella...

I know, just giving you a hard time. :lol

highlander1
02-14-2013, 07:55 PM
I'll more then likely end buyin the dx 10 leather coat and pants but bought the cheap outfit because was that cheap. I 'll post pics of comparisons later on. I can always use it for a 2nd ghostrider custom or for something later on.

highlander1
02-14-2013, 07:59 PM
This one comes with two leathers but probably never use the battle damaged ripped arm one for arnie.So should just buy the dx 10 one now or wait until this one gets parted out.

sixth_sith
02-14-2013, 08:15 PM
I'll more then likely end buyin the dx 10 leather coat and pants but bought the cheap outfit because was that cheap. I 'll post pics of comparisons later on. I can always use it for a 2nd ghostrider custom or for something later on.

yeah I grab bargains too, not really knocking you for that...

I'm just very sold on this leather especially for longevity... I think a good idea might be, to take a brand new dx10 jacket and pants, put them on a TTM body and toss it around on the street a bit... (no headsculpt ofcourse!)

That way the shoulders and knees will hit the ground and tear a bit in natural way IMO... skidding accross the street for dust and stuff...

look forward to doing it...

highlander1
02-14-2013, 08:19 PM
Damn you bastrds had to buy a dx 10 leather for 30 bucks :gah:gah saw this leather set for 45 on ebay afterwards but bought thought i'd post it comes with pants ,jacket and black shirt from cian company.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w436/sith248/mMhmTeo_ZKrH7oSYQp0g6VQ_zps35abf954.jpg

DEATHASYLUM
02-15-2013, 09:19 AM
Damn you bastrds had to buy a dx 10 leather for 30 bucks :gah:gah saw this leather set for 45 on ebay afterwards but bought thought i'd post it comes with pants ,jacket and black shirt from cian company.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w436/sith248/mMhmTeo_ZKrH7oSYQp0g6VQ_zps35abf954.jpg

highlander1, you made the right choice with the DX leathers. :yess: That last set you posted I have seen before, but I think they are for the smaller bodies as well. I could be wrong though, since I don't have it. I am just going by the body size in the picture, which looks like a TT reg or slim. I think that would be perfect for a Road Warrior/Mad Max bash. :)

Rambler
02-15-2013, 12:25 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I actually bought a TTM20 this morning at full cost. I just saw this post and was able to still use the code. So, I cancelled the order from this morning and reordered the TTM20 for $45

Thanks again!!:hi5:

highlander1
02-15-2013, 12:59 PM
highlander1, you made the right choice with the DX leathers. :yess: That last set you posted I have seen before, but I think they are for the smaller bodies as well. I could be wrong though, since I don't have it. I am just going by the body size in the picture, which looks like a TT reg or slim. I think that would be perfect for a Road Warrior/Mad Max bash. :)

Yea watched a couple more reviews of the dx10 and had to get the right leathers ha ha :lol. The leather realy makes the figure. Good iidea on a MAD MAX bash pretty sure thats what I'll do with leather set. Love MAD MAX hot toys need to do that license or someone ,sometime. I pretty much bought 2 dx 10 this week. My wallet and bank account is cut off for a little while. At least will have 2 termiinators on thier way home very soon. One on the bike and other with his mini gun.:yess:

highlander1
02-15-2013, 01:04 PM
NP Rambler glad were able to use the coupon cheers:duff to saving. This damn hobby is too expensive and addictive.:lol

DEATHASYLUM
02-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Yea watched a couple more reviews of the dx10 and had to get the right leathers ha ha :lol. The leather realy makes the figure. Good iidea on a MAD MAX bash pretty sure thats what I'll do with leather set. Love MAD MAX hot toys need to do that license or someone ,sometime. I pretty much bought 2 dx 10 this week. My wallet and bank account is cut off for a little while. At least will have 2 termiinators on thier way home very soon. One on the bike and other with his mini gun.:yess:

Congrats on the two DX10s!!! :hi5: I have seen some cool MAD MAX customs and look forward to yours. Also, make sure to leave some cash for the DX13 in 6 months. :wink1:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8095/8472169054_421b571c58_z.jpg

highlander1
02-15-2013, 01:43 PM
DX13 is a already preordered and eagerly awaiting him. Its gonna be one kick *** terminator set up. I still need a t1000 and sarah and endo's but on the to pick up list of must have's sometime. Chopping down my list of terminators and preds this year. This year is all hunter killer bounty hunters for me.

DEATHASYLUM
02-15-2013, 09:43 PM
DX13 is a already preordered and eagerly awaiting him. Its gonna be one kick *** terminator set up. I still need a t1000 and sarah and endo's but on the to pick up list of must have's sometime. Chopping down my list of terminators and preds this year. This year is all hunter killer bounty hunters for me.

Very good highlander1. You have been making some excellent choices in my book :clap. I like the hunter killer bounty hunter idea. :wink1: What is on your list this year?

highlander1
02-15-2013, 10:30 PM
dx 10 ,dx 13 ,predator 1,pred 2 ,AvP pred scar , hulk ,89 batmobile finaly ,stormshadow ,snake eyes thats what i'm working on for now but need a sarah conner ,t1000 ,robocop maybe if turns out good. I should grab noland and shadow pred too if i can. I Almost forgot dx joker is hopefully finaly coming home soon.

DEATHASYLUM
02-15-2013, 11:23 PM
dx 10 ,dx 13 ,predator 1,pred 2 ,AvP pred scar , hulk ,89 batmobile finaly ,stormshadow ,snake eyes thats what i'm working on for now but need a sarah conner ,t1000 ,robocop maybe if turns out good. I should grab noland and shadow pred too if i can. I Almost forgot dx joker is hopefully finaly coming home soon.

Impressive list and I predict you will be working a lot of OT this year, or you have won the mega lotto and are just keeping it a secret amongst the Freaks:lol. Either way, that sounds like a great addition to any collection my friend.:wink1:

highlander1
02-16-2013, 01:23 AM
Nope just been flexpayin everything slowly and just thankfull with careful budgeting and tax refunds and no kids to take care of except myself can enjoy this hobby.So always appreciate each fig i can get or afford so try and choose wisely since i intend on keepin my collection for a long ,long time.

Rambler
02-16-2013, 07:57 AM
This damn hobby is too expensive and addictive.:lol

Yes. Yes it is.

DEATHASYLUM
02-16-2013, 08:49 AM
Nope just been flexpayin everything slowly and just thankfull with careful budgeting and tax refunds and no kids to take care of except myself can enjoy this hobby.So always appreciate each fig i can get or afford so try and choose wisely since i intend on keepin my collection for a long ,long time.

:clap You are taking the right approach highlander1 and it sounds like your on your way to a very impressive collection. :wink1:

sixth_sith
02-17-2013, 05:33 AM
Yes. Yes it is.

It's also quite amusing to converse with someone who is not addicted, or not even aware of the hobby :horror

I used to wonder if that new pvc smell was sprayed on the toys, was addicting...

but after awhile i figured out that was just a "pleasant" part of collecting...

We are addicted because we see what other people don't. When I look at these figures, I think my mind fills in the blanks

Plus the difference between collecting statues and figures is each figure becomes personal. Give 10 figs to 10 people and 10 different poses will no doubt come out.

Papasmoak
02-18-2013, 09:24 AM
Give 10 figs to 10 people and 10 different poses will no doubt come out.

^^^ Word.
and I love that smell.

sixth_sith
02-21-2013, 03:23 AM
Well since their isn't much to see with this figure, I'll share some over thinking with you all since you know us collectors NEVER do that....

OK so because of the detachable busted arm, you can see we are potentially receiving the MMS117 body. (by the joint)

However i was thinking that if people would rather remove the back of the DX headsculpts than the neck post from the MMS body... does that mean the MMS body's neck joint doesn't come out...?

Because the DX13 has pers, so how does that fit with the MMS neck joint?

I am thinking that Luke does have an attachable arm with the new body style.

Is it likely that HT will use an "older" version of a body at these pre order numbers? Maybe it's a case of the proto completely changing in this arena, and we ARE getting the TTM20 with a Luke like detachable arm.

P.
02-21-2013, 06:20 AM
there is no difference in using one body or another as shoulder joints are absolutely identical.
you can put any HT T-800 arm to any HT T-800 body you like.
so you cannot guess what body that will be judging only by the arm type.

DEATHASYLUM
02-21-2013, 09:28 AM
To me it looks like a modified TT20/DX10 body, but with the BD added. The neck & chest area looks in proportion to the DX10 frame & doesn't seem to bulky compared to the MMS body in the proto shots. It probably just borrows from the MMS when swapping out the one arm. In these two pics the DX13 body looks very similar to the DX10 one imo. :)

http://www.hottoys.jp/catalog/swfdata/ht3319/imgview_image/up_16.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/18092_10151123438932344_579334288_n.jpg

KillKen
02-21-2013, 12:34 PM
So are we actually expecting this to ship in June?

jimmie_dimmick
02-21-2013, 12:35 PM

I'm guessing with a piece this intricate, August sounds more likely (to me)

Can't speak for others.

KillKen
02-21-2013, 01:02 PM
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well :)

sixth_sith
02-21-2013, 01:30 PM
there is no difference in using one body or another as shoulder joints are absolutely identical.
you can put any HT T-800 arm to any HT T-800 body you like.
so you cannot guess what body that will be judging only by the arm type.

Interesting P, I didn't know that. I don't think however HT would go to those efforts... and swap arms...

To me it looks like a modified TT20/DX10 body, but with the BD added. The neck & chest area looks in proportion to the DX10 frame & doesn't seem to bulky compared to the MMS body in the proto shots. It probably just borrows from the MMS when swapping out the one arm. In these two pics the DX13 body looks very similar to the DX10 one imo. :)

http://www.hottoys.jp/catalog/swfdata/ht3319/imgview_image/up_16.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/18092_10151123438932344_579334288_n.jpg

Very astute death, didn't look there...

Here is the shocker man... I bet it's on time or early! Just a hunch because all this crap is made already or has been made. Most of this BD stuff is probably QC stuff that didn't go out anyway so it's ***** deep in production now! hope so

KillKen
02-21-2013, 01:45 PM
Oh good point...hmm ok back to the budget board :)

BadMuthaDude
02-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Yep, the figure still looks awesome.

jimmie_dimmick
02-21-2013, 01:56 PM
Don't forget Chinese New Year put a production halt on for two weeks and as I recall, DX11 was announced in June 2012 and shown at all the Cons, but still didn't get released in Asia until last month. US hasn't even seen it yet.

I'm still leaning towards a delay. Again, just how I see it.

shells075
02-21-2013, 02:04 PM
This is my most eagerly awaited figure of the year, If its held up a month or two, its no sweat to me.

BadMuthaDude
02-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Are there any pics of the Toy Hunters display that show the DX10? I want to see side by side shots.

jimmie_dimmick
02-21-2013, 02:11 PM
There is no side by side shot but you get a glimpse of the DX10 at the end

http://youtu.be/qei5uEwtpSY

BadMuthaDude
02-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Damn. Anyone in Hong Kong want to take some more pics or video? I haven't seen any that really show them both. It would be cool to see them together.

Gigerfan
02-21-2013, 06:12 PM
Can't wait to get this set! :impatient:

Jayrod88
02-22-2013, 07:27 PM
I have this guy on PO, and was going to sell the regular DX version.... But after seeing that video, I think I'm better off keeping him, for a side by side display...
Can't wait for this bad mo fo... I definatly hope to see the 1/6 Endo at SDCC, maybe a T-1000 on display aswell??? One can hope.

Liquid
02-23-2013, 01:34 AM
Someone should make custom BD shirts for this guy. It would sell like hotcakes.

hannibalcaine
02-25-2013, 08:57 AM
I'm planning to use the standard head on this to make a partially damaged T-800, can anyone advise me what kind of body to buy in order to fit on this head and provide the right sort of look? I'm not particularly knowledgeable in the field and would really appreciate the help.

Jayrod88
02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
The DX 10 body!

hannibalcaine
02-25-2013, 11:59 AM
Anyone know where I can find one that isn't extortionately expensive?

shells075
02-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Anyone know where I can find one that isn't extortionately expensive?

More chance of finding the Holy Grail.

hannibalcaine
02-25-2013, 02:44 PM
More chance of finding the Holy Grail.

Ebay, job done.

EndoSickness
02-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Here is the shocker man... I bet it's on time or early! Just a hunch because all this crap is made already or has been made. Most of this BD stuff is probably QC stuff that didn't go out anyway so it's ***** deep in production now! hope so

Let's hope so.
After the DX-10 I NEED this ASAP.
Can't actually wait til I have this and all 3 T-800's side BY side and maybe doing a BIG photo streak with all incarnations from the Movie.

Like Galeria, CPU removal, Winchester on shoulder, Arm reveal, enter cyberdyne, Police Shootout V2 (meaning gatling and M79 afterwards), Semi BD (- the other grenade launcher. forgot the specs) semi-BD battle with the T-1000, ripped out arm and finally full BD and lying.
That photo streak episode-wise would kick some serious ***, me thinks...

sixth_sith
03-01-2013, 05:53 AM
http://the-sun.on.cc/cnt/lifestyle/20121127/photo/1127-00487-001b4.jpg

(arnie sound here)

Snake Plissken
03-01-2013, 05:55 AM

(arnie sound here)

AHH NYEUD AH VHACASTION

That partial BD is spot on. I don't know what it is but the head on the right still looks off. At least they fixed the jaw piston. I think the problem is the remaining eye is shadowed.

a-dev
03-01-2013, 06:04 AM
I like the sig image you've got sixth_sith. I will even forgive that its a T3 endo shot because its the only film that showed an endo 'army' on the march!

a-dev
03-01-2013, 06:13 AM
The wound pattern looks different - as in some of the flesh has regrown on the more badly damaged head.

Do Terminators heal that fast?

I don't think so. In fact I'd doubt if flesh that is completely torn away would 'grow back' at all. This is likely just an error by HT with these protos - mind you I've never really studied the film looking to see if there was an inconsistency in how they did the prosthetics of the 2 phases of battledamage.

The Skull
03-01-2013, 07:05 AM

(arnie sound here)

I love these sculpts, theres no thick eyelids here which inhances the look big time over the dx10. acturate or not as far as the battle damage goes these sculpts are full of win. Its gunna be an awesome day when this set arrives home to me:lecture

sixth_sith
03-01-2013, 07:14 AM
I like the sig image you've got sixth_sith. I will even forgive that its a T3 endo shot because its the only film that showed an endo 'army' on the march!

man that is one keen eye you have A-Dev... I thought it was the intro scene until you pointed that out

I love these sculpts, theres no thick eyelids here which inhances the look big time over the dx10. acturate or not as far as the battle damage goes these sculpts are full of win. Its gunna be an awesome day when this set arrives home to me:lecture

The Skull... I have this CRAZY theory... hear me out.
The Proto's aren't with PERS
We are looking at real sculps, real paint, but FAKE eyes. I think sculpts are PERS'd out after production but that's why the lids seem thinner? :dunno

a-dev
03-01-2013, 07:22 AM
The Skull... I have this CRAZY theory... hear me out.
The Proto's aren't with PERS
We are looking at real sculps, real paint, but FAKE eyes. I think sculpts are PERS'd out after production but that's why the lids seem thinner? :dunno

I think you're probably right. I don't expect the final production figures to look that good in the eye area and they'll probably end up looking like we have with the DX10.

The PERS may well be there on the prototype but they're simply able to execute it better when its just the one figure being worked on.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-01-2013, 07:35 AM
Post PERS huh? :lol

I'm just frustrated that it's almost time for the release of this guy, & I still have no money for it!! :gah: :lol

jimmie_dimmick
03-01-2013, 07:38 AM

I'm just frustrated that it's almost time for the release of this guy, & I still have no money for it!! :gah: :lol

Delays....there are almost always delays.

a-dev
03-01-2013, 07:40 AM
Also it was to be a few more months anyway wasn't it? I thought it was june/july release.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-01-2013, 08:07 AM
Oh.. I had April in my head for some reason. :huh

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 08:16 AM
Yeah, that's right, but wasn't it Sixth Sith who said and also who's prolly right that almost all parts were already made for this and we could get him way earlier?!

I really hope that the full BD head has PERS too.
I know I say this everytime, but I really wanna see a PERS-ed endo eye...

Snake Plissken
03-01-2013, 09:52 AM
Yeah, that's right, but wasn't it Sixth Sith who said and also who's prolly right that almost all parts were already made for this and we could get him way earlier?!

I really hope that the full BD head has PERS too.
I know I say this everytime, but I really wanna see a PERS-ed endo eye...

The 1/4 is PERS isn't it?

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 10:26 AM
The 1/4 is PERS isn't it?

The EB 1/4 doesn't have PERS as far as I know. I don't have him.

But if I'm not mistaken, it's all sculpted...

Snake Plissken
03-01-2013, 10:43 AM
The EB 1/4 doesn't have PERS as far as I know. I don't have him.

But if I'm not mistaken, it's all sculpted...

I'm sorry Endo I should of been more specific, the HT 1/4 Endoskeleton I meant.

BadMuthaDude
03-01-2013, 11:04 AM

(arnie sound here)

Wow, the age lines below the eyes stand out so well. Unfortunately those fine details will be lessened in production. They ended up so much more faint on the DX10 that not too many pics capture them. Again, I have to give praise to a-dev's shots that capture a lot of the detail on the sculpt.

Dollmanron
03-01-2013, 11:06 AM

(arnie sound here)

These two head sculpts look like they have a lot more wrinkles than the DX10 version, especially in the corner of the eyes. I think to keep the figures looking the same they may have listened to the fans too much and added too many to make him look older.

DEATHASYLUM
03-01-2013, 11:24 AM
These two head sculpts look like they have a lot more wrinkles than the DX10 version, especially in the corner of the eyes. I think to keep the figures looking the same they may have listened to the fans too much and added too many to make him look older.

The full bd doesn't look too bad, but the semi bd has a lot going on. From that pic is it wrinkles, or texture do to battle damaged skin on the cheek? I cant really tell, but I am sure that both sculpts are going to look great in hand.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-01-2013, 11:32 AM
Those on.cc pics always show the figures in the worst possible light.

Maybe that's a good thing.. :lol

BadMuthaDude
03-01-2013, 11:48 AM

I doubt it. It was barely a couple weeks after people started getting the DX10 in hand when this was announced with pics, not enough time to make any changes based on DX10 critisms. The appearance of more wrinkles on this compared to the DX10 is likely due to the detail loss from the proto to the mass produced piece.

TheFiend
03-01-2013, 11:57 AM

You gave me a scare for a second there. I thought I had missed something and they announced an early release. :lol I do not have the funds for this yet. At all.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

karamazov80
03-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Wow, the age lines below the eyes stand out so well. Unfortunately those fine details will be lessened in production. They ended up so much more faint on the DX10 that not too many pics capture them. Again, I have to give praise to a-dev's shots that capture a lot of the detail on the sculpt.
Seems like these shots we get with the white background often reflect production figures pretty closely though. We'll see. Definitely seems here to be a step up from the likeness/texture on the base sculpt used for the DX-10.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-01-2013, 12:34 PM
You gave me a scare for a second there. I thought I had missed something and they announced an early release. :lol I do not have the funds for this yet. At all.
Let's enjoy being broke together. :hi5: :lol

BadMuthaDude
03-01-2013, 12:40 PM
Seems like these shots we get with the white background often reflect production figures pretty closely though. We'll see. Definitely seems here to be a step up from the likeness/texture on the base sculpt used for the DX-10.

I doubt it looks any better than the never-seen revised DX10 proto. If they actually decided to improve on the DX10 to make the DX13 proto, it would make for a very bizarre and costly process at HT.

Now, they could have been working on improving the sculpt since this proto was shown which could make for a superior likeness compared to the DX10 in the end.

Mr Walker
03-01-2013, 04:07 PM
At least they fixed the jaw piston.

Doesn't look like it.

a-dev
03-01-2013, 04:19 PM
Those were old pics of the proto we've seen since day one. On.cc had it pretty much straight away as I recall so there'd be no differences compared to the pics on the first page of this thread.

Gipetto0812
03-01-2013, 04:24 PM

(arnie sound here)

damn that's so awesome! cannot wait for this release!

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Now I have something about accuracy to say, which I didn´t in the past.
Artistic freedom give or take, I don´t get why a few wounds on the semi BD, totally disappeared on the full BD, or areas are healed, or how any of you might call it.

I just made a little photo manip, nothing big, very crude if you ask me, but I think you get the idea.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Raenius101/Figures%20in%20general/1127-00487-001b4_zpsacc0c2db.jpg

Know what I mean?!

sixth_sith
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
I think it's because Hot toys hates us....

Just kidding, good find endo... my conspiracy theory is this:

The battle damage on this sculpt, is a personal artistic battle between Hot toys and the original make up artist that worked for T2.

I BET they went with 100% accuracy but found it could look better.... plus throughout the film the damage increases so really the damage is just one potential moment in the film.

As for the one eyed willie version (half healed :cuckoo::lol), If it's anywhere near as good as the Marcus Wright BD, we won't notice / care... just drool

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I think it's because Hot toys hates us....

Just kidding, good find endo... my conspiracy theory is this:

The battle damage on this sculpt, is a personal artistic battle between Hot toys and the original make up artist that worked for T2.

I BET they went with 100% accuracy but found it could look better.... plus throughout the film the damage increases so really the damage is just one potential moment in the film.

As for the one eyed willie version (half healed :cuckoo::lol), If it's anywhere near as good as the Marcus Wright BD, we won't notice / care... just drool

Well let´s hope so, SS.

Cause I really hope they fix it to a more logic "spreading".
Now parts are just "healed" on the full BD, which makes no sense and honest...making something logic doesn´t have to mean to look worse, you know?!

Snake Plissken
03-01-2013, 05:40 PM
Doesn't look like it.

Well, I just checked the original shot and you can't quite see it clearly. In the new shot it at least looks like cylinder, at least there is 3-4 months before release, maybe it will change? :dunno

sixth_sith
03-01-2013, 05:45 PM
Well let´s hope so, SS.

Cause I really hope they fix it to a more logic "spreading".
Now parts are just "healed" on the full BD, which makes no sense and honest...making something logic doesn´t have to mean to look worse, you know?!

Actually come to think of it Endo, I have one more theory. 2 different artists from HT had to make those sculpts at the same time for proto pics. Later they will only extend the damage so no healing will happen... just a theory.

Well, I just checked the original shot and you can't quite see it clearly. In the new shot it at least looks like cylinder, at least there is 3-4 months before release, maybe it will change? :dunno

Yeah another strange thing i just noticed as you mentioned this is I don't really see that flap of skin beneith his ear :dunno

Don't you just love the speculation and anticipation...

I can literally die happy with a DX13 and HULK

Snake Plissken
03-01-2013, 05:49 PM
Actually come to think of it Endo, I have one more theory. 2 different artists from HT had to make those sculpts at the same time for proto pics. Later they will only extend the damage so no healing will happen... just a theory.

Yeah another strange thing i just noticed as you mentioned this is I don't really see that flap of skin beneith his ear :dunno

Don't you just love the speculation and anticipation...

I can literally die happy with a DX13 and HULK

You mean the damage to his lobe? It looks the same to me except less bloody by a little but they may be lighting doing that.

Gipetto0812
03-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Now I have something about accuracy to say, which I didn´t in the past.
Artistic freedom give or take, I don´t get why a few wounds on the semi BD, totally disappeared on the full BD, or areas are healed, or how any of you might call it.

I just made a little photo manip, nothing big, very crude if you ask me, but I think you get the idea.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo155/Raenius101/Figures%20in%20general/1127-00487-001b4_zpsacc0c2db.jpg

Know what I mean?!

If I'm not mistaken we discussed these things earlier in the thread but never a bad idea to bring it up again.

I like both sculpts enough that accuracy doesn't bother me.

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 05:57 PM

Yeah, you got a point there, bud.

Could just be on the side of "department communication", right?!
When they sync their work, all should be a go, right?!

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 05:59 PM
If I'm not mistaken we discussed these things earlier in the thread but never a bad idea to bring it up again.

I like both sculpts enough that accuracy doesn't bother me.

Don´t get me wrong, Gipetto.
I love both sculpts.
Even think of getting a second one, only to have him standing up with the liquid metal T-1000.
That´s just a must have, or not?!
:rock

But just that the damage is so phased in the position looks weird, bugs me...bugs me the first time big time on a figure.

Gipetto0812
03-01-2013, 06:12 PM
Don´t get me wrong, Gipetto.
I love both sculpts.
Even think of getting a second one, only to have him standing up with the liquid metal T-1000.
That´s just a must have, or not?!

But just that the damage is so phased in the position looks weird, bugs me...bugs me the first time big time on a figure.

oh most def brother. I agree with you. :hi5: One thing that really sticks out to me is how the cylinders don't match up on both sculpts. It bugs me (just like the other things you noted) but this is such an awesome set that I'm willing to just let it go ya know? I'd be very happy if HT fix it but if they don't I'll still be happy with this set

S. Griffin
03-01-2013, 06:17 PM

You could always send them an e-mail and ask them to correct it.

EndoSickness
03-01-2013, 06:22 PM
oh most def brother. I agree with you. :hi5: One thing that really sticks out to me is how the cylinders don't match up on both sculpts. It bugs me (just like the other things you noted) but this is such an awesome set that I'm willing to just let it go ya know? I'd be very happy if HT fix it but if they don't I'll still be happy with this set

Absolutely, man.
:hi5:

Yep, the cylinders are one of the worst things for sure, already bugged me on the proto too.
But as you said, man:
The set is so great if it comes this way, then it´s that way, you know?!
I have it POéd and I´m totally pumped for it, due to the DX-10...

Mr Walker
03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
You could always send them an e-mail and ask them to correct it.

I've done my bit. :)

For all the good I reckon it'll do. :(

P.
03-02-2013, 02:18 AM

Know what I mean?!
that's a healing feature.

- Will these heal up?
- Yes.
- Good. If you can't pass for human,you're not much good to us.http://s45.radikal.ru/i108/1211/1f/87411577fc45.jpg

...and they DO heal!

hannibalcaine
03-02-2013, 04:44 AM
So, I purchased a DX10 body and all the kit I would need in order to have two of these, a completed damaged one and a very partially damaged one but I see no way in which I can attach the DX13 head to the DX10 body. I see a ball joint inside the muscled plastic upper body but, it's obviously too low for a neck less head to reach.

EndoSickness
03-02-2013, 04:47 AM
I really hope you're not serious on that...

I don't get what the problem is to make the damage accurate.
EB did it, right?!
What's the problem with HT's?!

P.
03-02-2013, 06:00 AM
I don't get what the problem is to make the damage accurate.
EB did it, right?!
What's the problem with HT's?!they listen to their customers who humiliate anybody mentioning any inaccuracies.

Dollmanron
03-04-2013, 05:20 PM
So, I purchased a DX10 body and all the kit I would need in order to have two of these, a completed damaged one and a very partially damaged one but I see no way in which I can attach the DX13 head to the DX10 body. I see a ball joint inside the muscled plastic upper body but, it's obviously too low for a neck less head to reach.

I'm hoping it will work, the DX10 head fit great on the new TTM20 muscle body.

When is the DX13 suppose to come out anyway?

sixth_sith
03-06-2013, 08:45 PM
that's a healing feature.

Geez I can't believe it took me a week to come up with this but... Didn't Arnie say he had "living tissue over endo skeleton"... living would implicate healing... Love to see a t-800 repair it's torn off forearm skin!

That is completely moot though when it comes to the sculpts being different though... because there's no time to heal that fast... Just that I never thought of the Terminator as healing.... very wolverine like.

a-dev
03-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Sarah asks him if his bullet wounds will heal up and he says that they will. Thats small isolated bullet hits though. Even a normal human could have those heal up if the whole getting shot bit wasn't fatal.

Could huge chunks of flesh torn off grow back though? I'm doubting that. I'd say their flesh healing capabilities have the same limitations as humans. After a certain point they're gonna need transplants/complete stripping down and regrowth.

P.
03-06-2013, 09:21 PM
Geez I can't believe it took me a week to come up with this but... Didn't Arnie say he had "living tissue over endo skeleton"... living would implicate healing... Love to see a t-800 repair it's torn off forearm skin!

That is completely moot though when it comes to the sculpts being different though... because there's no time to heal that fast... Just that I never thought of the Terminator as healing.... very wolverine like.that was a JOKE.
O_O

Dollmanron
03-06-2013, 11:04 PM

That is completely moot though when it comes to the sculpts being different though... because there's no time to heal that fast... Just that I never thought of the Terminator as healing.... very wolverine like.

Cuts, bullet holes, small chunks (maybe), but outer skin all the way down to the Endoskeleton from the mid bicep to the fingers tips "JUST GONE"; I don't think so.

Even in the Sarah Conner Chronicles it to the Endoskeleton hours (or maybe days) lying in some chemical concoction for skin to grow, Doctor he had working for him (before he killed him) even had to cut his eye lips open. And even after that he required another Doctor to plastic surgery on him to give him a face.

His face I’d so yes, but I doubt that the T-800 in T2 could have repaired his arm or the massive wound on his chest.

a-dev
03-07-2013, 06:12 AM
He couldn't have repaired much of the flesh damage but I'd say any endoskeletal damage could have been fixed, especially if they kept that spare endo arm. The T-800 probably could have reverse engineered it or whatever to become a left arm.

It seems the T-800 always has to die though, like every predator in every predator film.

a-dev
03-11-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm back feeling really stoked for this figure like on Day One. Its going to be T-1000 levels of fun methinks - albeit much more painful for the wallet.

DEATHASYLUM
03-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm back feeling really stoked for this figure like on Day One. Its going to be T-1000 levels of fun methinks - albeit much more painful for the wallet.

I cant wait for this & the EB version. :panic: Just a few more months now. :impatient:

snoop101
03-11-2013, 08:36 PM

Agreed! I can't wait for this!!! So many cool features and accessories to play around with. :rock

I cant wait for this & the EB version. :panic: Just a few more months now. :impatient:

A few more months?:gah:

DEATHASYLUM
03-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Agreed! I can't wait for this!!! So many cool features and accessories to play around with. :rock

A few more months?:gah:

I know Snoop, It's the longest wait ever for BD Arnies....:rotfl

snoop101
03-11-2013, 08:42 PM
I know Snoop, It's the longest wait ever for BD Arnies....:rotfl

Anticipation is part of the fun.:lol

DEATHASYLUM
03-11-2013, 08:45 PM
Anticipation is part of the fun.:lol

Very true my friend. There is another figure were waiting for too. Check your board. :wink1:

snoop101
03-11-2013, 08:50 PM
Very true my friend. There is another figure were waiting for too. Check your board. :wink1:

I know! Hopefully we see SOMETHING soon.

DEATHASYLUM
03-11-2013, 09:02 PM
I know! Hopefully we see SOMETHING soon.
:exactly: Even a teaser shot of his boot or glove, so I know something is in the works. :lol

Furyan
03-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Cause you guys deserve it...

http://youtu.be/iG066D9Rp5I

BadMuthaDude
03-12-2013, 09:09 AM

He forgot to grunt while throwing the keys. Missed opportunity for hilarity!

"Take it! Uuuuuuhhh!"

a-dev
03-12-2013, 09:36 AM

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That was great, much T2 love shown there in how faithful they were to every shot. Their Termi-vision and music recreations were hilarious..

DEATHASYLUM
03-12-2013, 10:14 AM
:lol pretty dam good. :clap

cplhicks
03-12-2013, 04:10 PM
That vid was actually pretty well done:clap

Predrhone
03-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Just pre-ordered mine from Toy Anxiety. I've never ordered through them before, but their price was hard to resist. Wish I knew when to expect this big fella, June seems like a distant oasis to quench my collecting thirst.

BadMuthaDude
03-19-2013, 08:23 AM
Just pre-ordered mine from Toy Anxiety. I've never ordered through them before, but their price was hard to resist. Wish I knew when to expect this big fella, June seems like a distant oasis to quench my collecting thirst.

That's the best price I've seen so far. I'm so excited for this figure, I find myself caring a lot less about my non-Terminator collectibles.

a-dev
03-19-2013, 08:34 AM
That's the best price I've seen so far. I'm so excited for this figure, I find myself caring a lot less about my non-Terminator collectibles.

Thats how its been going for me aswell shock horror. Theres some exceptions like Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman where I look at them on the shelf and am glad to have them, they're really the definition of iconic, a term often overused but totally applicable to them. But even the other 3 of my Big Four - Robocop, Predator and Alien - have seen their representation in my collection reduced to the NECA stuff and a bare minimum of high-end.

As I have zero restraint with Terminator I have to cut way back on everything else...and I don't really mind. I'm getting great satisfaction in the Termie collection.

snoop101
03-19-2013, 08:44 AM
Thats how its been going for me aswell shock horror. Theres some exceptions like Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman where I look at them on the shelf and am glad to have them, they're really the definition of iconic, a term often overused but totally applicable to them. But even the other 3 of my Big Four - Robocop, Predator and Alien - have seen their representation in my collection reduced to the NECA stuff and a bare minimum of high-end.

As I have zero restraint with Terminator I have to cut way back on everything else...and I don't really mind. I'm getting great satisfaction in the Termie collection.

There are some really great Terminator figures that are out this year too. I always forget about HT 1/4 endo, it's not even out yet and it already seems to be an underrated figure. :lol

BadMuthaDude
03-19-2013, 08:48 AM

I've been only collecting 1/6 for a year, but I'm afraid some things are going to have to go in favour of the DX13 and potential future Terminator releases. And if HT actually get around to making the 1/4 Police Shoot out Terminator, I might not be able to say no to that scale anymore. Then, I will be in big trouble!

VintijDroidGutzz
03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
Although I make brief appearances around these parts.. I'm still as excited as ever for this amazing rendition of Arnold. :rock

I just bought the Tamashii C-3PO though - & I'm by no means rich, so although this guy's the next high end figure on my 'must haves' list.. I fear I'll be a pedestrian for a while after June rolls around. :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

a-dev
03-19-2013, 09:04 AM
There are some really great Terminator figures that are out this year too. I always forget about HT 1/4 endo, it's not even out yet and it already seems to be an underrated figure. :lol

I'm not thrilled about the lack of accuracy to the actual T1 endoskeleton that its supposed to be based on but its getting bought, I won't kid myself otherwise, its going to look cool. I know thats an attitude some hate but a few people on a forum boycotting the figure won't make a smidge of difference to HT. Even if it did they would probably interpret it as lack of interest in the license (and go make more Iron Man figures) moreso than a statement against HT's casual approach to accuracy. I want a high-end 1:4 scale Endoskeleton Action figure and that is simply that.

I've been only collecting 1/6 for a year, but I'm afraid some things are going to have to go in favour of the DX13 and potential future Terminator releases. And if HT actually get around to making the 1/4 Police Shoot out Terminator, I might not be able to say no to that scale anymore. Then, I will be in big trouble!

You've already been broken merely by making this concession :lol

BadMuthaDude
03-19-2013, 09:23 AM
You've already been broken merely by making this concession :lol

:lol For the EB battle damage Terminator, it was a very weak, wimpering "no." I was only able to stick with it because of the DX13. If HT has a 1/6 scale police shoot out fig come out around the same time as the 1/4, I'll be okay...

I think...

a-dev
03-19-2013, 09:36 AM
:lol For the EB battle damage Terminator, it was a very weak, wimpering "no." I was only able to stick with it because of the DX13. If HT has a 1/6 scale police shoot out fig come out around the same time as the 1/4, I'll be okay...

I think...

Its not inconceivable that they'll announce a 1:6 version of the Police Shootout T-800 before the 1:4 scale version is out. The DX12 Batman wasn't out when they made people aware of the QS001 version and likewise many people felt that they were competing with themselves by announcing and showing DX13 before DX10 was hitting stores. So heres hoping they'll take a timeout from Iron Man 3 this year.

Snake Plissken
03-19-2013, 09:50 AM

Its not inconceivable that they'll announce a 1:6 version of the Police Shootout T-800 before the the 1:4 scale version is out. The DX12 Batman wasn't out when they made people aware of the QS001 version and likewise many people felt that they were competing with themselves by announcing and showing DX13 before DX10 was hitting stores. So heres hoping they'll take a timeout from Iron Man 3 this year.

The 1:4 teaser feels like it was ages ago... where the hell is it already? :impatient:

I'm still praying DX 14 is T-1000 :pray:

a-dev
03-19-2013, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah can't wait to find out what 14 will be. Also MMS200......

BadMuthaDude
03-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Iron Man and Iron Man.

I'm just glad I don't collect Iron Man.

Snake Plissken
03-19-2013, 10:01 AM
Iron Man and Iron Man.

I'm just glad I don't collect Iron Man.

So ****ing tired of the Marvel craze, to hell with all the films and products already...

Just give me Sci-fi licenses HT.

Johnny Utah
03-19-2013, 11:07 AM
I hope DX14 is John McClane. They are making Joe Colton from Retaliation. Yes, I know separate licences before someone jumps down my throat. But HT did say they were looking to produce figures of Willis from several of his films, including Die Hard.

Snake Plissken
03-19-2013, 11:25 AM
I hope DX14 is John McClane. They are making Joe Colton from Retaliation. Yes, I know separate licences before someone jumps down my throat. But HT did say they were looking to produce figures of Willis from several of his films, including Die Hard.

I'm not a fan of Willis anymore but if they do him from DH1 I'm down.

snoop101
03-19-2013, 11:26 AM
Or how about a Kurt Russell Snake Plissken? :wink1:

Johnny Utah
03-19-2013, 11:36 AM
Usually a wink would get me hyped like -how do you know this?', but I'm so tired of HT's unpredictability that almost any news is good news.

Snake Plissken
03-19-2013, 11:38 AM
Or how about a Kurt Russell Snake Plissken? :wink1:

I'd give an arm for a high quality DX of Snake :pray:

snoop101
03-19-2013, 11:39 AM
Usually a wink would get me hyped like -how do you know this?', but I'm so tired of HT's unpredictability that almost any news is good news.

Well part of the reason I said Snake Plissken (besides it being one of my most wanted figures) is because of Snake Plisskens post right above mine.:lol I doubt it'll ever happen though, especially with Iron man 3 on the horizon. :(

Snake Plissken
03-19-2013, 11:44 AM
Well part of the reason I said Snake Plissken (besides it being one of my most wanted figures) is because of Snake Plisskens post right above mine.:lol I doubt it'll ever happen though, especially with Iron man 3 on the horizon. :(

The Iron Man franchise is so intrenched in HT that it's taking priority over so many other releases and other licenses that were announced long long ago.

If they ever announced The Thing, Escape from New York, and Ghost Busters I think my head would explode. :lol

Dollmanron
03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
The Iron Man franchise is so intrenched in HT that it's taking priority over so many other releases and other licenses that were announced long long ago.

If they ever announced The Thing, Escape from New York, and Ghost Busters I think my head would explode. :lol

The heck with "The Thing, or Escape from New York", give me "SOLDIER", it'd be the Commando will probably never see.

Johnny Utah
03-19-2013, 12:06 PM
Imagine a HT Snake Plissken...we'd probably get an announcement pic of the poster, then it would be thrown into the same pile as Arkham Batman's hands.

Dollmanron
03-19-2013, 12:09 PM

"YES":hi5:, I would throw stuff in my house in the trash to make room to display my Hot Toys John McClane (Bruce Willis) figure, but it would have to be from DH 1, 2, or 3; I'm not loving the Bald look.

Papasmoak
03-19-2013, 01:07 PM
I'd give an arm for a high quality DX of Snake :pray:

I would give my arm for a Jack Burton.
http://www.theporkchopexpress.com/storage/Playing-Jack-Burton-as-a-moronic-John-Wayne.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1338389112595

Jayrod88
03-19-2013, 03:57 PM
Holy ****... A DX Snake Pliskin , Jack Burton, and John Mclaine??? Yea, I'd sell everything for those three on my shelf. I would want the surf board with Pliskin.... And the tenticle head with Burton. McClaine... would be perfect by himself!

Frank
03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Eastwood first and foremost (anything up to Pale Rider), then Willis (Up to Die Hard 3) then I'd go for KR, preferably a Jack Burton.

Kiva
03-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Connor Macleod in Highland gear and Kurgan with his War gear please. And then Russel Nash and Kurgans modern day look.

Jayrod88
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Actually, a Fifth Element set would be nice!

Gipetto0812
03-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Although I make brief appearances around these parts.. I'm still as excited as ever for this amazing rendition of Arnold. :rock

While I am not a seasoned veteran of Terminator like some here, I too have yet to lose any excitement for this figure. Looks awesome!

VintijDroidGutzz
03-19-2013, 09:10 PM
While I am not a seasoned veteran of Terminator like some here, I too have yet to lose any excitement for this figure. Looks awesome!
Cool man. :)

I'm glad my little contribution wasn't buried entirely.. :lol

a-dev
03-19-2013, 09:33 PM
While I am not a seasoned veteran of Terminator like some here, I too have yet to lose any excitement for this figure.

And well you should not. For my ally is the BD T-800. And a powerful ally he is.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 04:00 AM
Connor Macleod in Highland gear and Kurgan with his War gear please. And then Russel Nash and Kurgans modern day look.

The thoughts of getting them... mmmmmmmmm

I've always been a HUGE fan of the original film.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-20-2013, 05:04 AM
Christopher Lambert huh.. always loved his voice. :lol

I wonder when this figure starts to hit - whether HT drops the T1 Cop Station massacre version, like they kinda did with this straight after the DX-10.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 05:09 AM
Christopher Lambert huh.. always loved his voice. :lol

I wonder when this figure starts to hit - whether HT drops the T1 Cop Station massacre version, like they kinda did with this straight after the DX-10.

I hope they revisit the T1 franchise.

We need the Police Station version 1/4 or possibly 1/6 DX.

Tech Noir 2.0.

Kyle Reese.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-20-2013, 05:19 AM
After DX-13, all I'm really after to be honest.. is a revisit of the 1:6 Endo. :)

I'd then have a really nice rounded out T-set up. :rock

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 05:20 AM
After DX-13, all I'm really after to be honest.. is a revisit of the 1:6 Endo. :)

I'd then have a really nice rounded out T-set up. :rock

If I had a choice I would rather get the 1/6 Endo over the 1/4 but I will settle for the 1/4 right now :dunno

jimmie_dimmick
03-20-2013, 05:26 AM
Police Shootout in 1/6 :lecture

Predrhone
03-20-2013, 06:01 AM
I speculate that MMS200 will be police shootout T-800.

If it isn't, I'll eat my hat.

Or a bagel, whatever.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-20-2013, 06:08 AM
Nah..

It'll be another Batman / Joker. :lol

:monkey1

EVILFACE
03-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Police Shootout will be a DX I think.

Police Station outfit and sculpt with a damaged sculpt and bits from being run over by the semi.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 06:21 AM

Police Station outfit and sculpt with a damaged sculpt and bits from being run over by the semi.

I was thinking the same thing. The flesh on his Endo was basically dead at that point.

VintijDroidGutzz
03-20-2013, 06:26 AM
Yeah, that sounds great - if I had an endless supply of cash, I'd buy it. I'm just trying to stick to my budget though, & still get the key pieces. I think I'm doing ok so far. :)

That said - Arnold looks much scarier in the first movie after his face gets busted up - as opposed to T2 BD, so the figure would kick major aiss.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 06:29 AM
Yeah, that sounds great - if I had an endless supply of cash, I'd buy it. I'm just trying to stick to my budget though, & still get the key pieces. I think I'm doing ok so far. :)

That said - Arnold looks much scarier in the first movie after his face gets busted up, so the figure would kick major aiss.

I love the whole "GHETT OUTTE" scene when he steals the trailer :rock

VintijDroidGutzz
03-20-2013, 06:33 AM
Yeah - absolutely. I was going to use that quote in my last post actually.. :D

It almost feels as though T1 T-800 would wipe the floor with T2 baby sitter T-800. :lol

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 06:37 AM
Yeah - absolutely. I was going to use that quote in my last post actually.. :D

It almost feels as though T1 T-800 would wipe the floor with T2 baby sitter T-800. :lol

They both were the same exact Endo's, but muscle mass wise T1 Arnie looked way bigger in the 1984 film. He was still built like Mr. Olympia and it was the exact physique Cameron wanted for the T-800.

T2 Arnie was still big but he looked a lot smaller and older, they waited too long to do the film. But the technology wasn't available to do it sooner. I still can't believe what they were able to pull off over 20 years ago, along with Jurassic Park which to this day still is a marvel of CGI.

jimmie_dimmick
03-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Films like T2 and Jurassic Park combine a perfect blend of the old technology with the new which is why I think they can still hold up today.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 07:12 AM
Films like T2 and Jurassic Park combine a perfect blend of the old technology with the new which is why I think they can still hold up today.

And it was NEEDED CGI, not a lazy studio that doesn't want to produce tangible effects by hand. It was a perfect balance of CGI and practical effects.

Stan Winston is God.

stshammgod
03-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Yes, a LOT of places now don't understand NEEDED CGI vs. the typical BUDGETARY CGI.

Sad really.

Invictus Sol
03-20-2013, 07:51 AM
I hope they revisit the T1 franchise.

We need the Police Station version... 1/6 DX....
Hoping for this, as well. Police Station assault Arnie is maybe the most iconic of all the versions to me. Definitely him at his meanest.

Endo's the only other figure I'd want (Reese is tempting because I really liked the character, but not sure what he'd add to a display in that context... 3 Arnies, an Endo and Reese... dunno if that works). That'd bring it to 4 and all the most iconic looks. I'd be happy with that configuration on a shelf, for sure.

Police Shootout in 1/6 :lecture
Yesssss! FTW, Jimmie!!!

I speculate that MMS200 will be police shootout T-800.

If it isn't, I'll eat my hat.

Or a bagel, whatever.
:pray:

Sure hope this comes to pass and I agree a DX would be the best format, so long as they don't go kinda stingy like they did with clean T-800... although if they do I guess I'm still buying it! :D

You're doing great, but I still think you'll fold like a cheap tent if a police assault T-800 comes out, Vintij! :panic:

VintijDroidGutzz
03-20-2013, 08:14 AM
They both were the same exact Endo's, but muscle mass wise T1 Arnie looked way bigger in the 1984 film. He was still built like Mr. Olympia and it was the exact physique Cameron wanted for the T-800.

T2 Arnie was still big but he looked a lot smaller and older, they waited too long to do the film. But the technology wasn't available to do it sooner.
Yeah, I know all that.. but that wasn't what I meant. :lol

My point, was that T1 was sent / programmed to acquire & kill it's target efficiently - & nothing else. T2 was sent as a protector & had more scope to work WITH humans, not just against them, & so would inevitably have a few 'chinks in the armour' for the T1 to exploit.. if you take my meaning - so while he still could match T1 in strength etc, his other mission priorities would render him perhaps open to the T1's relentless disregard for anything other than killing. :lecture

I still can't believe what they were able to pull off over 20 years ago, along with Jurassic Park which to this day still is a marvel of CGI.
Totally! I still consider them hugely important benchmarks & really are unsurpassed. :cool:

DiFabio
03-20-2013, 08:30 AM
The 1984 T-800 in the first Terminator got up out of the police car in the garage and ran away when the cops came instead of pursuing Sarah and Kyle Reese further (who were only a few feet away).

Your argument is invalid.

Uncle Bob would kick the 1984 T-800s *** because 1. He's the good guy and 2. the script would call for it.

a-dev
03-20-2013, 08:31 AM
My point, was that T1 was sent / programmed to acquire & kill it's target efficiently - & nothing else. T2 was sent as a protector & had more scope to work WITH humans, not just against them, & so would inevitably have a few 'chinks in the armour' for the T1 to exploit.. if you take my meaning - so while he still could match T1 in strength etc, his other mission priorities would render him perhaps open to the T1's relentless disregard for anything other than killing. :lecture

I like that. If it weren't bound by movie requirements to have the hero win, thats how it could play out.

Although it could also simply come down to where they end up having their final battle. Conveniently in T1 and T2 the heroes found themselves in environments where there happened to be things that could destroy the villain - the compressor in T1 and the lava-pit in T2. I doubt there was anything at the Galleria that could have saw the T-1000 to its doom. And unless there was a stockpile of major explosives and bazookas at the police station in T1 there was nothing there that could have seen off the first T-800. So where the fight would take place could be important in a T1 T-800 VS T2 T-800 battle.

a-dev
03-20-2013, 08:35 AM
The 1984 T-800 in the first Terminator got up out of the police car in the garage and ran away when the cops came instead of pursuing Sarah and Kyle Reese further (who were only a few feet away).

Yeah that part still doesn't make much sense to me. His target was but a few feet away and held at gunpoint by an armada of cops who knew no better. He could have easily killed her there and after having done so it wouldn't matter what happened to him.

Actually that'd be really interesting to see. What would the T-800 do in that scene if he did kill Sarah. Would he bother to defend himself against Reese and/or the cops? Or maybe kinda like the TX he would have had a bunch of other targets.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 08:37 AM

Uncle Bob would kick the 1984 T-800s *** because 1. He's the good guy and 2. the script would call for it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/30u9rh1.jpg

DiFabio
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM
Actually that'd be really interesting to see. What would the T-800 do in that scene if he did kill Sarah. Would he bother to defend himself against Reese and/or the cops?

Either shut down completely (to advance/further Skynet's existence with that endoskeleton) or maybe "Rampage Mode", where it just shoots down any human that it comes into contact with before being subdued (which would result in scenario one anyway).

Invictus Sol
03-20-2013, 09:13 AM
I think while T1 terminator would have an advantage in being single-minded, T2 would have a creative advantage, since they removed the inhibitor chip. Think T2 would come out on top, to be honest.

Remastered Terminator just arrived at my door from Amazon! :yess:

DiFabio
03-20-2013, 09:15 AM
I think the first Terminator was able to learn as well. He uses the "**** you *******" line that it picked up from that punk afterall.

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 09:26 AM
Either shut down completely (to advance/further Skynet's existence with that endoskeleton) or maybe "Rampage Mode", where it just shoots down any human that it comes into contact with before being subdued (which would result in scenario one anyway).

Was it ever stated that the T-800s had a self destruct mechanism? I honestly don't think Skynet would want a 21st century cyborg being found by 1980's humans. Although, without that Skynet would not come to be anyway :dunno

I think while T1 terminator would have an advantage in being single-minded, T2 would have a creative advantage, since they removed the inhibitor chip. Think T2 would come out on top, to be honest.

Remastered Terminator just arrived at my door from Amazon! :yess:

I think the first Terminator was able to learn as well. He uses the "**** you *******" line that it picked up from that punk afterall.

Both good points. But the T1 T-800 just used snippets of dialogue for him to at least somewhat seem human.

T2 T-800 was modified to pick up on Human traits and was much more personable. And the fact his chip was removed he was able to think for himself and make his own decisions albeit still being programmed to protect John.

VintijDroidGutzz
Very true!

Nah.. I'm just looking at things 'outside' the parameters of what the films imply..

..& there we are.

Here's we - the fan, get kicked in the [email protected]$. :lol

jimmie_dimmick
So where does this guy fall into all this talk??

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NJFparV2XOI/UPM4WwNq2mI/AAAAAAAAAxA/89uWhdbIueI/s1600/terminator-3-rise-machines-2003-movie-5.jpg

Snake Plissken
03-20-2013, 09:27 AM
So where does this guy fall into all this talk??

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NJFparV2XOI/UPM4WwNq2mI/AAAAAAAAAxA/89uWhdbIueI/s1600/terminator-3-rise-machines-2003-movie-5.jpg

He got blown up, and rightfully so... T3... ew.