Fake Wolverine or real?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryno

Super Freak
Reaction score
EDIT 11-26-2012

I am VERY happy to post that the seller has made things right with the transaction. It seems to have been a big misunderstanding and the money just wasn't there at the time to make it right, but things have been fixed between me and the seller.

Ryno

--------------------------------

Hey everyone.

I've avoided making a thread about this, as I wanted to give the seller a chance to accept a return, but it just didn't happen. The seller insists it is real, and perhaps doesn't know about the fake. However the listing did say "Real version". I know there is also a headplay headsculpt as well, so there may have been confusion there also.

I bought this Wolverine from a member on November 7th, and it was advertised as the "Real version". When I received it, I had my doubts, and asked on Facebook in OSR whether they all thought it was real or fake.

I received not one response stating that it was real. Everyone said that they thought it was fake.

Even the member who sold it to me, actually said it was fake as well in that post on FB, not knowing that it was the one that they sold me.

At first I didn't know too much about the fake one, and figured it was basically the same thing and that maybe I'd just keep it. Then, upon reading more, I found that it's an actual counterfeit product. To me, a counterfeit product is worthless, and no matter how good it looks, it just is not acceptable to me to own in a collection. If I kept this thing for the long haul, it would sincerely bother me that it is a counterfeit.

All that being said, what do you all think? Is it fake or real? Here are some pictures.

Your input is much appreciated.

182028_10151268738735589_1741954524_n.jpg

480968_10151268742670589_903602628_n.jpg

2012-11-12%252011.57.39.jpg

2012-11-12%252011.58.02.jpg

2012-11-15%25252006.17.42.jpg

2012-11-15%25252006.18.31.jpg

2012-11-15%25252006.19.01.jpg

Last edited:
No **** but take his shirt off and post the pic. the body should be an easy way for us to tell.
Sorry this happened to you? How much did you pay?

I would feel the same if someone lied to me like that. I bashed my own, he looks great but if i bought him complete thinking i was buying hot toys i would be hella pissed and taken him outta my detolfs til i got my cash back.

Maybe you can get your pay pal money back and still end up keeping the figure. Hope that works out in your favor.

Kinda looks like an odd face sculpt. Like he has on mascara.

I think the sweaty finish on his forehead gives it away, and the eyeliner. This is the main reason I've avoided even thinking about getting a Wolverine.

You should of just waited for the X3 version to come out.

Added a few more pics. Again , while I am relatively sure this is the fake one, I guess I can't be 100%, which is why I am asking all of you.

I want to give the seller the full benefit of the doubt that they weren't sure as well, and when they said real version, they maybe were comparing it to the headplay version, unaware of the existence of a fake.

To answer a question, I paid $250.

Added a few more pics. Again , while I am relatively sure this is the fake one, I guess I can't be 100%, which is why I am asking all of you.

I want to give the seller the full benefit of the doubt that they weren't sure as well, and when they said real version, they maybe were comparing it to the headplay version, unaware of the existence of a fake.

You're such a nice guy. I would take the Barney Ross approach... "Find em, Track em, Kill em."

how much do you want for it?

I honestly am not sure I'd feel right about selling this thing again if it's fake.. The seller suggested that I try, and I said if they wanted to they could, but make sure it is known that it is a fake, don't list it as real..

However I reviewed the rules in the B/S/T section and it states no selling of counterfeit merchandise, so I now I'm not sure whether you can even sell this even as a fake on here?

I mean if selling a fake wolverine as fake on here doesn't break any rules, and the buyer is aware of what they are getting, I guess I'd be cool with it. Still feels wrong. However I'm really new to the hobby so I am still catching up on the do's and donts.

I wouldn't say bragging, he just posted that he thought it was fake, not knowing it was me, lol. As if he just ran across a random real or fake post.

I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt, getting banned sucks. I just want my money back and would like to send the figure back, that's all.

The benefit of doubt I'm giving is that the seller thought the figure was real, and that the "Fake" everyone talks about is the headplay sculpt, not knowing there is a full blown fake with fake box and everything.

What I'm mostly concerned with now is... Is this the real or fake one for sure?

Does the seller know it's a fake though? if you couldn't tell right away perhaps he didn't either and bought it & sold it to you not knowing :dunno

That's what I've been saying.. Which is why I withheld the name of the seller.

This post was mostly meant to find out for sure if this is the fake version or not.

That's what I've been saying.. Which is why I withheld the name of the seller.

This post was mostly meant to find out for sure if this is the fake version or not.

Well it's admirable that you went the investigative route before ruining a seller's credibility. But it's pretty obvious from what I've seen it's the Headplay version, it's too sweaty looking to be HT. Now how do you find out if the seller was aware?

I honestly am not sure I'd feel right about selling this thing again if it's fake.. The seller suggested that I try, and I said if they wanted to they could, but make sure it is known that it is a fake, don't list it as real..

However I reviewed the rules in the B/S/T section and it states no selling of counterfeit merchandise, so I now I'm not sure whether you can even sell this even as a fake on here?

I mean if selling a fake wolverine as fake on here doesn't break any rules, and the buyer is aware of what they are getting, I guess I'd be cool with it. Still feels wrong. However I'm really new to the hobby so I am still catching up on the do's and donts.

"Fake" is a relative term. This is absolutely Wolverine, maybe subpar in some areas but Wolverine none the less. This isnt Jack Sparrow dressed up as Wolverine. The "fake" part comes in when people try to pass it off as an original Hot Toys version, and that's wrong.

I would of been suspcious about a 250$ asking price, but if he was listing as a HT and it obviously isn't you should be refunded, no question.

While those counterfeits were quite well done... they are still just that. Sorry you got mislead on that one, but I'd agree what is in your pics is the counterfeit that popped up on eBay while back.

Back