Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Starring Tom Hardy.

https://www.variety.com/article/VR1118062220

Tom Hardy has signed on to star in "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell," Ubisoft's film adaptation of its popular videogame franchise that Eric Warren Singer ("The International") will write for the company.

Project is the second major movie based on one of its properties that Ubisoft is looking to get on the bigscreen after setting up "Assassin's Creed" at New Regency and Fox, that Michael Fassbender will co-produce and headline.

"Splinter Cell" is not yet set up at a studio, although Ubisoft has had preliminary talks with Warner Bros. and Paramount.

Hardy will play Sam Fisher, a highly-trained special operative in a fictional black-ops operation called Echelon.

Thesp recently played Bane in WB's "The Dark Knight Rises" and is shooting "Mad Max: Fury Road."

Singer also penned Black List script "American Bull****," which David O. Russell will direct with Christian Bale, Bradley Cooper and Jeremy Renner set to star.

"Tom Hardy is currently one of the biggest talents in the film industry, and he has a phenomenal ability to take on complex and varied roles with his broad range of acting skills," said Jean-Julien Baronnet, CEO of Ubisoft Motion Pictures. "His involvement in the 'Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell' movie is exciting news for movie and video game fans alike. Meanwhile, Eric Singer is one of the most talented writers of the moment, and ... we're confident he'll bring a fresh approach and create a thrilling story ... while still respecting all the codes and traditions of the franchise that are so important to fans."

Game has sold more than 23 million copies since its debut in 2002. Six games have been released so far with "Splinter Cell: Blacklist," released next spring, developed by Ubisoft Toronto.

UMP, founded last year, also has a "Rabbids" TV series, based on the "Raving Rabbids" game set to bow on France Televisions and Nickelodeon.

splinter-cell.jpg

v4q5E.jpg

I've heard they're aiming for a Clancy series of movies -- but starting off sort of like the Avengers, with several lead-up movies that eventually intersect.

I know there's a Chris Pine/ Jack Ryan movie in production. Rumor was Tom Hardy was going to be John Clark in an adaptation of Without Remorse. Sam Fisher works almost as well. Here's hoping they still do a John Clark series, though ... I've been waiting for Without Remorse and Rainbow Six for a good long time.

SnakeDoc

I've heard they're aiming for a Clancy series of movies -- but starting off sort of like the Avengers, with several lead-up movies that eventually intersect.

I know there's a Chris Pine/ Jack Ryan movie in production. Rumor was Tom Hardy was going to be John Clark in an adaptation of Without Remorse. Sam Fisher works almost as well. Here's hoping they still do a John Clark series, though ... I've been waiting for Without Remorse and Rainbow Six for a good long time.

SnakeDoc
Without Remorse is a great book. Would love to see a film adaptation done right. Always hoped for more John Clark back when Ryan had all those films made back in the day. I actually though Schreiber made a pretty decent Clark, even if he wasn't what I was imagining when I read Clancy's books.

Back