Display Suggestions? (Draft only)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snookie

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hi there :wave I was hoping that someone could suggest some ideas with a display I have in mind. I've been drafting what I'd like to have fabricated, just hoping that you guys can bounce off some ideas at me. :family

I know that my statue proportions are WAY off :ohbfrank: so please excuse them for being wrong. I'm still waiting for some of those statues to arrive so I'll have the right measurements by then.

For the meantime, I'd really love some help :pray: TIA! :)

sala.jpg

Last edited:
Well what exactly are you looking to hear? To me it looks like your already on the right track! That's going to be a killer set up! What do you plan on putting in the other large space opposite Galactus?

If it were me, I'd lose the cubicles along the top shelf. They'll do nothing but obstruct vision and limit display options.

I like the idea of framing your entertainment center, but you might go with modular boxes that can be re-configured as your collection grows. Take a look at Louis Gara's display room. If you do your boxes as components you have a lot more flexibility over time.

Boxes are better for dust control if your home tends to become dusty easily, and you can light each piece individually. Just make sure your display is a quality to compliment your collection.

Well what exactly are you looking to hear? To me it looks like your already on the right track! That's going to be a killer set up! What do you plan on putting in the other large space opposite Galactus?

Hi PopCultKid and thank you! :wave I don't know if its too plain or what but it was the first thing that came to mind so that I could save on floor space. I'm waiting for another nice X-Men maquette to put on the other side. Hopefully they'll come out with one next year when the budget permits :wink1:

If it were me, I'd lose the cubicles along the top shelf. They'll do nothing but obstruct vision and limit display options.

Hi EnShinNoi :wave Thanks for the suggestion :hi5: You're right, it does look like it will obstruct the view, I guess I'll have the top either glassed/acrylic :)

I like the idea of framing your entertainment center, but you might go with modular boxes that can be re-configured as your collection grows. Take a look at Louis Gara's display room. If you do your boxes as components you have a lot more flexibility over time.

Boxes are better for dust control if your home tends to become dusty easily, and you can light each piece individually. Just make sure your display is a quality to compliment your collection.

Hi Kamandi! :wave Thank you for the link and your great comments! These will have glass doors to keep the dust out. I would love to have Louis' modular boxes but the wall behind my tv is just plywood so I don't think it will hold up too well. And unfortunately the other 3 walls of the living area have windows so I don't have much space to play around with :huh But I'll definitely keep your suggestions in mind for the new place, those boxes are space savers and really classy. :) In regards to the limited space, that was my intention so that I keep the collection to a minimal. But I might just be eating my words by next year :wink1: :monkey3

Don't underestimate the value of the space under your TV. I am in the process of trying to regain that space back to display the Batmobiles. TVs can easily be wallmounted nowadays and for very reasonable $ too. The space under the TV and on top of an entertainment unit immediately becomes your prime real-estate.
oh and don't forget the coffeetable ;)

What you want looks similar to Darthstitch's setup which in my opinion looks awesome. I'm keen on symmetry so the only thing I would point out is it might look weird with the 3 Sentinels diorama on the left and a legendary scale bust on the right which doesn't balance out too well. However this is probably not your final setup, looking forward to it :rock

P1110397.jpg

Hi there :wave I was hoping that someone could suggest some ideas with a display I have in mind. I've been drafting what I'd like to have fabricated, just hoping that you guys can bounce off some ideas at me. :family

I know that my statue proportions are WAY off :ohbfrank: so please excuse them for being wrong. I'm still waiting for some of those statues to arrive so I'll have the right measurements by then.

For the meantime, I'd really love some help :pray: TIA! :)

sala.jpg

Lol seems like you would need more space for Angel, his wings are huge :lol

Seems you like X-Men like me, how about Wolverine LSF in the large space opposite to Galactus? It would look awesome :)

Don't underestimate the value of the space under your TV. I am in the process of trying to regain that space back to display the Batmobiles. TVs can easily be wallmounted nowadays and for very reasonable $ too. The space under the TV and on top of an entertainment unit immediately becomes your prime real-estate.
oh and don't forget the coffeetable ;)

Hi Geil! :wave I would love to wall mount the TV but unfortunately the wall behind it is made out of thin plywood that may not be able to hold up the TV. And my landlady wont allow me to make permanent revisions so... :gah: I am leaning towards the furniture type of display so that when I move to the new place, I won't have so much re-nstallation to do. That coffee table idea would be awesome. I have this glass top and wooden base that I could probably enclose and have lighting installed for smaller items. Thanks for the idea! :clap

What you want looks similar to Darthstitch's setup which in my opinion looks awesome. I'm keen on symmetry so the only thing I would point out is it might look weird with the 3 Sentinels diorama on the left and a legendary scale bust on the right which doesn't balance out too well. However this is probably not your final setup, looking forward to it :rock

Hi kingquong! :wave Oh wow, thanks for the link, the display is gorgeous! I have a computer area that I could possibly frame as well if (and only if :rotfl ) my collection gets the best of me and exceeds the space I intend to use. You're right on the symmetry, I'm the same.. :hi5: I go bonkers when things aren't evened out. I guess I'll just have to wait for the 3 dios to arrive so I can see their size. :monkey1

Lol seems like you would need more space for Angel, his wings are huge :lol

Seems you like X-Men like me, how about Wolverine LSF in the large space opposite to Galactus? It would look awesome :)

Hi Mamba! :wave Just because you said that I decided to unclutter the tv area and place down the statues on hand so I could get an idea. And you are too right, Angel's wingspan is ginormous :rotfl My bad. I'm getting antsy waiting for the 6 statues to arrive (3 Dios, Cyclops, Rogue and Gambit) so I can finally get the right set up :impatient:

I love the X-Men! (Excalibur and X-Factor too.) Reminds me of my childhood and idolising my big bro. I used to sneak into his room reading them like they were dirty mags because they weren't the girly books that our parents would approve of me reading. :lol I would love to get Wolvie but dear lord, the width spec is much too large :horror It is pretty badass though :wink1:

So I decided to unclutter the living area today to get an idea of what to do. I placed the statues that I have on hand to see the proportions and yes, the Angel is quite huge. And suddenly the 55"-er looks so small :lol

salatv.jpg

As per kingquong's link to Darthstitch's set up, I guess I could frame my computer area as well but definitely with a backing so as to hide the ugly windows, I don't really need it as the other 2 walls have windows.

compsala2.jpg

salacompzoom.jpg

I would however love the framing(s) to match my little mini bar display, I like the warm lighting especially at night. I've found warm yellow led light bulbs that could probably give the same effect.

salabar.jpg

Back