YODA PUPPET VIDEO, my new youtube channel, and changes to SWP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, been quite awhile since I posted any of my personal projects (thanks to EFX and Sideshow). :)

Sadly, many of those personal projects have had to be put on the back burner in lieu of greener pastures.
All of which will be revisited and completed in due time. ;)
One of those projects includes a very much needed updating of my starwarspropaganda.com website which will soon become starwarslifesized.com (since that's more of an accurate description of my area of focus).
For years now I have been meaning to eliminate the forum and blog aspects of the site and focus on my personal gallery including a lot of the officially licensed Star Wars work I'm involved in.

Which brings me to the Yoda video.
I've been wanting to make a video of this thing for years now.
So finally on an impulse I decided to make a crude video with my iPhone with the help of the lovely (and incredibly patient) KristinaLeigh.

I can say one thing for sure, puppeteering is damn hard.
I did my best with the puppet's limited articulation as well as trying to time his movements to the movie (which was just playing on the TV).
Not to mention I couldn't see what I was doing as I was hiding underneath the table. :confused:

I hope you guys get a kick out of seeing him in action as much as I did!
Let me know what you think.

Here's the link:

Star Wars Lifesized - YouTube

yoda_vidpic.jpg

Last edited:
OMG!!! Amazing work Gino! So I assume this is a preview of what is to come from eFX in the near future? Can't wait...

Thanks!
Well, this Yoda was not originally designed to be a fully articulated puppet so what you are seeing is my effort to sort of retrofit him after the fact.

Thanks guys!

PS, I just realized no too long ago that once you click the play button, you have to go to settings and select 1080p HD in order to see this video in it's full res.

Back