Christopher lee Dracula: new custom figure from Distinctive Dummies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Reaction score
OK--I know not everyone here loves classic horror or is very fond of this "one man show" company. But there are still some folks who like to know everything thats out there---even if they arent interested in buying them. So, I am gonna do the Paul Revere thing for their benefit. Here are some pics of the new Christopher Lee inspired Hammer Dracula figure.

While its obviously not Hot Toys level, or on the level of some of the talented customizers here who agonize over their figures before they allow them to make it to their clinetel ...it's not priced as high as those either. It seems like it might hold its own against something like Executive Replicas recent The Shadow figure (based on pics)....but it isnt priced at that level either (albeit close). Since I dont buy nearly as much these days with the economy, I dont know what its like in hand. But the pics are pretty. So I am sharing in case someone might like what they see. It's on a new type of body, that is taller (12 1/2 inches).

It has 2 heads too. Scary and solemn.

f_baeh_ddc_u9wqb.jpg

baek_b37_u9wqb.jpg

bael_544_u9wqb.jpg

baeo_e72_u9wqb.jpg

No problem, I hope people support this dude. I would but I'm not a classic/hammer collector. I love seeing the customs though... I really want to see a Fulci's Zombie from DD.

He's got an associate on ebay that sells for him as well in case you need to use Paypal smart connect or funds from selling on ebay.

He did a reasonably nice Theatre of Blood figure as well (Vincent Price). His head sculpts are improving. I actually like this one enuff to buy it...when I get un-poor. Collecting is a drag when you've taken a pay-cut and have 2 kids and gas and groceries prices keep getting higher and higher.:peace

BE92629F-1553-496B-B163-0BFDF518EFD1-3693-000002335B875E4D.jpg

3731C234-C021-4AD1-ABEC-38DC9635F721-2607-0000016F0874CC06.jpg

I think the Product Enterprise sculpt was a lot better but i do like the solemn sculpt.

[ame]https://youtu.be/T9MuEA2eF8c[/ame]

Agreed;the Proctor sculpt is great. Swap the body out for one of proper height and you have an outstanding figure...PS

Just watched the vid...I honestly don't know what to say, other than it's good to see that he has a sense of humor(to do THAT he must).What was it from?

I would have to sit the Product Enterprises and this one side by side to make an accurate assessment of the face sculpt. I really think I like this one better. Even with the modest paint apps.

But then, even the P.E. version was repainted by some of our fellow freaks here as well.

The heads are well-sculpted by Steve Thompson (who also created at least one 1/1 Christopher Lee Dracula sculpt) and the bad applications are good enough to highlight the sculpt. This figure looks as much like Lee as the PE figure, and more than the Sideshow figure, and the Vampiric headsculpt is different to the PE one, he is more ''lunging'' as if he will bite someone rather than the PE Dracula which was smiling evil. Thus there are now three Dracula heads on the market, all with different expressions, which is good. I thought it was a shame that a sleeping head was not made - though sculpts are costly - but if I get an extra ''neutral head'' somehow I might customize it into one.

Though not mentioned above, the figure is bigger than average. He is 12.5, just under 13'', and thus is a similar size to my modified PE Dracula.

I'd definitely pick this figure up as it is one of the best customs I have seen. Not only because I think the likeness is great, the costume good, and the size wonderful, but I think that Christopher Lee's Dracula should have inspired much more customs anyway, especially as the PE Dracula had faults (size, lack of extra poppet on the jacket... or buttons on the wrong side) and became quite rare, especially for the USA.

Very nice figure, would like to see the head sculpts repainted as that is the only thing letting them down.

I agree I would like a sleeping sculpt to display him in a 1/6 scale coffin if there are any good ones out there let me know:)

I've just modded my hammer dracula to make him taller using the original body and it makes a big difference.
Tbh I prefer this outfit with the red cape but prefer the hammer head sculpt and will be repainting it soon.

Have seen the sideshow james bond, sacarmanga/lee head sculpt used to good effect, so that makes 4 decent head sculpts so far, out there for a lee/dracula custom figure.
Hope to see more vintage horror customs like that vincent price figure, descent sculpt, I would buy it.

Just got this yesterday. This is the finest Distinctive Dummies figure yet, which is good since Lee's Dracula is Hammer's flagship character. Even though I've supported the line from the beginning, I think they've come along way since their Curse of Frankenstein figure and taken all criticisms into consideration.

The Big Four: Hammer-Style
IMG_0683_zps837f8399.jpg

The tailoring and body is practically Hot Toys quality compared to the old Product Enterprises figure and blows it out of the water in those regards. The material just has a nice feel to it, especially the cape. The sculpts by Steve Thompson are spot on Lee, so no complaints there. They actually complement the PE figure since all three feature different expressions. The sculpt on the PE figure was pretty good to begin with, but I'd give the edge to the DD sculpts since the blood red eyes give them a creepier vibe.

All in all the best Dracula figure yet and the nicest figure in my Hammer collection.

IMG_0679_zpsc88dc788.jpg

IMG_0689_zps44d0b194.jpg

IMG_0696_zpsfdf2942b.jpg

IMG_0674-1_zps6cf7f0f9.jpg

IMG_0716_zps4a788a2b.jpg

I agree I would like a sleeping sculpt to display him in a 1/6 scale coffin if there are any good ones out there let me know:)

If I get an extra of any of the three Dracula sculpts - preferably the neutral - I'm determined to do this. I think, with the right paint finish, it can be done with something like green stuff (to make the eyelids).

I've just modded my hammer dracula to make him taller using the original body and it makes a big difference.

Did you modify the head to fit a Sideshow body like I had done?

I prefer this outfit with the red cape but prefer the hammer head sculpt and will be repainting it soon.

I kindly received a red-lined cape recently and it is really nice and fixes the over-sized collar issue with the PE cape. The cape currently adorns a PE Dracula customised with blood at the lips, but I hope I can get the new DD figure soon. Unfortunately I have had mix ups with the bank over the winter (it often happens with NatWest at this time of year for me).

Have seen the sideshow james bond, sacarmanga/lee head sculpt used to good effect, so that makes 4 decent head sculpts so far, out there for a lee/dracula custom figure.

The Sideshow Christopher Lee is probably the weakest of any Christopher Lee sculpts but can be improved with a better paint job (to the hair especially). I find he looks more like Christopher Lee when you give him glasses so I'll probably use the headsculpt I have to make his character from 'Dr. Terror's House of Horror'.

Yeah, Steve Thompson actually sculpts some nice busts, especially his 1:1 Dracula headsculpt. I think 1/6 is somewhat new for him, so I am impressed. Hope big companies snap him up rather than just relying on computer printed heads.

Back