Need recommendations please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfwood723

Super Freak
Reaction score
I have gotten in to collecting and need some help on what to get. So I ask you fine folks what are the top 5 Sideshow / Medicom Star Wars figures in your opinion? Not what you like but whats the best in terms of overall quality and value. Also I am already getting HT Luke so no need to list him.

My top five are all sideshow (due to the medicom height difference still great figures but just not perfect for the price you pay).

1. Stormtrooper
2. ANH Vader
3. Clone Commander Cody
4. Clone Commander Ganch
5. Boba Fett

Medicom Boba Fett ROTJ (best Fett IMO)
Ben Kenobi SS
Medicom ROTJ Vader 2.0 (best Vader IMO)
SS EX Emperor Palpatine
Medicom Darth Maul (best Maul IMO)

Hard to say, when we don't know if you prefer OT/PT both or whatever. My advice is to collect what YOU like and forget about others opinions. Lots of info out there if you look.

Unfortunately the BEST Sideshow Star Wars figures are the droids and aliens.

I'm guessing you'd rather have principle characters with maybe one exceptional periphery.

For the PT, definitely get CODY. Done with PT.

For OT, you have to get STORMTROOPER. I say the EMPEROR is one of the best. VADER is great but may be improved in the upcoming one so maybe wait. No go on heroes: Luke, Han, Leia, etc. OLD BEN is wonderful but with poor paint, really needs a repaint. After that, it's whatever creature or robot grabs your fancy: Tusken, Hammerhead, IG-88 all very good.

1. SSC AOTC Obi-wan Kenobi
2. SSC Han & Luke Stormtroopers
3. SSC Stormtrooper
4. SSC Sandtrooper Squad Leader
5. SSC Hammerhead

My two cents :)

1.Boba Fett
2. Darth Vader
3. Old Obi Wan Kenobi
4.Clone Commander Cody
5. Tusken Raider
All Sideshow

This list cept Id throw the Momaw Nadon in the spot of Clone Commmander Cody and Boba Fett should be on that list as well.

I wouldnt recommend any Medicom figures aside from maybe the droids...

Then of course theres the new Empire Strikes Back Vader coming up for Pre-order soon...

Last edited:
SS Dewback & Sandtrooper
SS Stormtrooper
SS Vader
SS Boba Fett
SS Palpatine (excl would be nice)

If you're a fan of PT, I'd get SS Cody as well.

I will not recommend Medicom figures EXCEPT for Maul and Yoda.

Forget Medicom cos they are short, fragile, expensive and generally poo, just get the Sideshow figs already mentioned instead.

Definitely agree with most of the 1/6 lists here, I am personally waitin to see the final on the next Vader before I decide on him. But for the storm troopers, tusken raiders, boba fett etc.. They're right those all rock. And good choice on HT Luke, it's beautiful.

Good luck

Forget Medicom cos they are short, fragile, expensive and generally poo..
:lol Indeed.

The ROTJ Boba is awesome though - Oscorp & Rubio will no doubt concur with me there.

I definitely recommend the SSC Greedo & Hammerhead - brilliant figures.

The Phase 1 clones are excellent too. :)

Aye true i have the medi Jango and boba and i put them both on Hot toys slim TT's, as both the Medi bodies broke plus they were short.

Out of all the medi figures I dont really like for various those 2 are the only exceptions. While not being perfect they are still great figures especially when you swap the bodies for TT :)

This list cept Id throw the Momaw Nadon in the spot of Clone Commmander Cody and Boba Fett should be on that list as well.

I wouldnt recommend any Medicom figures aside from maybe the droids...

Then of course theres the new Empire Strikes Back Vader coming up for Pre-order soon...

Dude I have Boba Fett on the list,he is in my #1 spot LOL!

As for some one else listing Han & Luke as Stormtroopers,good luck.
I've been looking for that set for a while now and the prices on eBay are insane,close to $800 for something that was originally $189.99?

Dude I have Boba Fett on the list,he is in my #1 spot LOL!

As for some one else listing Han & Luke as Stormtroopers,good luck.
I've been looking for that set for a while now and the prices on eBay are insane,close to $800 for something that was originally $189.99?

I love my Han n luke stormtroopers. Wow, I got lucky, waited out the $5-800 sets and saw a store list it and got it for like $300. They might still have one, I can ask if anyone's interested.

Thanks for the recommendations, lot to consider, also to those wondering I like PT, CW, and OT. I'm a huge Star Wars nut, just a little late to the high end figures. Right now I got a Captain Rex on layaway at local shop till next paycheck, and HT Luke has been ordered!:yess:

Thanks for the recommendations, lot to consider, also to those wondering I like PT, CW, and OT. I'm a huge Star Wars nut, just a little late to the high end figures. Right now I got a Captain Rex on layaway at local shop till next paycheck, and HT Luke has been ordered!:yess:

Rex is great but all that holds him back in my book is the limited amount of hands and headsculpts that came with him. If he had a phase 2 head he would of been my favorite figure from the start.

Back