My review of the Tusken Raider...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Let's continue Star Wars week with a look at the new Sideshow Tusken Raider! I love this guy, but he does have a problem that I thought Sideshow had solved...you can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for a look at another Star Wars figure for Thursday night!

Michael
MWC

Decent review. I agree too bad about the floppy joints! (SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING ANYMORE) Everything else looks pretty good.

Will grab him on the cheap!

Great review as always, though the rubbery knees are probably worth mentioning as well. One of my favourite SW characters and I'm glad SS did him justice. Well worth the wait for me.

Let's continue Star Wars week with a look at the new Sideshow Tusken Raider! I love this guy, but he does have a problem that I thought Sideshow had solved...you can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for a look at another Star Wars figure for Thursday night!

Michael
MWC

Great review (though is that an out of focus pic?) and I have to agree on the stubby arms. Forgot to mention that in the Tusken thread, they're about a 1/4" too short. Jeez, between this and the Boba body, SSC really needs to look at these bodies yet again.

Back in the days of $50 SSC figs, a floppy body was sort of okay - you swapped it - but on a $135 figure, it shouldn't have to be done. And with this fig, a body swap will not be easy. The ankles on mine are not too bad (in fact the body overall is fine - no knee or hip issues after multiple posing,) but the feet wrappings was simply a bad idea compounded by poor underlying articulation.

I would say anyone that receives a bad body should contact SSC and tell them. This is an issue that can't persist with their new pricepoints.

Decent review. I agree too bad about the floppy joints! (SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING ANYMORE) Everything else looks pretty good.

Will grab him on the cheap!

You don't say... over and over.

You butt-hurt?

Really? Show me over and over. Not twice, over and over! Oh, you can't? OK then.

You butt-hurt?

Really? Show me over and over. Not twice, over and over! Oh, you can't? OK then.

Okay...

Don't get all butt-hurt now since i speak truth!

This is THE Vader to own IMO until HT makes one (SS is too big for all you scale folks, And medi is the better made/quality Fig IMO. Unlike a lot of people that speak out of their ass here i owned both! ) So one is too short the other is too tall, pick your poison. But i say who gives a shyyt about scale and enjoy your toys!

After watching the DVD rip i torrented,(the moral police still butt-hurt over this? LOL) i have to downgrade the film a bit from an 8 to 7.5 maybe even a 7. It's a good start, but like many it just was not needed to go through origin again.

Yep, that was more than twice.

Make sure you're using that small metal piece correctly.

Hey i was screwing in the weathervane and a small metal piece broke off into the hole so now i can't screw it in any advice i tried to get it out??? How do you get broken metal out of a hole (i have no drill)

I'm wondering if the extra manipluation/handling needed in wrapping the legs and feet, etc. led to the joints being weaker than previous figures. I don't like the new knee design, but other Pro bodies have still had good joints.

My figure really struggled to stay in a good standing pose, which was pretty frustrating when trying to find a good look for him.

Back