Star Wars PF quality?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sweetbabala

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I am considering getting into the PF line and am wondering if Star Wars collectors have seen an increase in the quality (cloth, detail) of the line? Currently, I am interested in the Vader, Fett and Grievous PFs and, potentially, scout/speeder bike. I have the Malgus PF on order and, before I start trading/laying out the funds, would like to know if those who have them feel the "older" PFs are on par with what is coming out currently. Thank you in advance for any informed opinions.

Ryan

I have 3 of the 4, Vader, Fett and Grevious. They all are fantastic, very accurate and realistic. The Bikerscout on speeder is very good from what I hear, I have the PF Bikerscout and it is great too. The only couple I think that are not that great are the ANH Luke and Han. I still like them, but not as good as the current ones. If you are a Star Wars fan and have the funds, I reccommend getting into the line.

Be careful getting into this line as it is expensive and requires lots of space to display these things. The Scout on Speederbike is an amazing piece, Vader and Kenobi displayed together look fantastic and Fett standing next to a frozen Han looks killer.

The older Han & Luke pieces were very early entries into the PF line and you can see SS has taken leaps and bounds in improvement when you look at the newer ROTJ Luke.

P1050912.jpg

P1060218.jpg

I've (sort of) got all of them - sold the Grievous - but yeah, they are superb. The presence the PF line commands is awesome... I think the Luke and Han look great too.

IMG_4361.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

Late start at this point, I'd just jump on the Mythos Line. There all still available for preorder. The Mythos line is looking good.

The Star Wars PFs are probably the strongest, quality-wise, that Sideshow is producing. LotR is right there with them. Every other line has some pretty miserable failures of late (Marvel, Gi Joe, Video games, etc). I'm talking final production pieces, and not the beautiful prototypes they lie to us with, lol.

The Star Wars PFs are probably the strongest, quality-wise, that Sideshow is producing. LotR is right there with them. Every other line has some pretty miserable failures of late (Marvel, Gi Joe, Video games, etc). I'm talking final production pieces, and not the beautiful prototypes they lie to us with, lol.

i agree completely, star war pfs are some of sideshow's highest quality releases. yoda vs trooper, boba fett, emperor, vader, maul, talon etc.. are all top notch. I think because all star war pf are produced from the same good factory.

It remains to be seen if the mythos line will be made from the same source since it's 1/5 all sculpted not 1/4 mixed media, we will know soon enough once the darth maul is released. Hopfully it's not from the factory that made the 1/5 87 predator, epic fail if so.

I own all of them except robomaul and would say the quality was there from the very beginning. It is the definitive star wars line in my opinion.

I have Vader, Fett and Grievous too. All three are very good IMO, but Biker on Speeder is awesome too. I think they four are a very great election.

I've got the ROTJ Luke and it looks brilliant. I'm hoping to add Boba and Han Solo in Carbonite in the future.

BTW from which manufacturer is dat Yoda? also SS?

It's a 1:1 lfe-size fan made one from England. I got it off ebay about 5 years ago for about $450-500. Not perfect, but it still looks pretty damn good :)

What a great SW collection mate... i personally enjoyed more the new trilogy, but SW is SW... and its awesome... congrats!

What a great SW collection mate... i personally enjoyed more the new trilogy, but SW is SW... and its awesome... congrats!

you must be very young or just recently saw the SW movies saying something like this :D

Last edited:
PF Quality? Good but certainly there's some anticipation and excitement for ante-ing up the sculpt & likeness. So far I've Vader, Boba, Luke ROTJ, Palpatine, Yoda & Clone, Dooku, Maul for star wars. Being an HT collector as well, I wish SS would improve on the HS.

I don't think I've ever heard an individual say this, let the lynching begin! j/k

PF Quality? Good but certainly there's some anticipation and excitement for ante-ing up the sculpt & likeness. So far I've Vader, Boba, Luke ROTJ, Palpatine, Yoda & Clone, Dooku, Maul for star wars. Being an HT collector as well, I wish SS would improve on the HS.

The ROTJ Luke has a great likeness, on of the best yet of Hamill and the recent Tarkin was very well done.

IMG_0458.jpg

Back