Statue My new "Grail" piece.....Bobby C's 1:1 TDK Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brent72

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know many people have showcased Bob Causey's TDK Ledger Joker on this forum before, but I had to let everyone here who might be interested take a look at his latest work. First, a little history of this project and some acknowledgments for everyone who helped out with this project.

After wanting to do a 1:1 Joker statue for a while, back in May I finally decided on moving forward with the project. The first step was to see if Bobby could find time in his busy schedule to do a bust for me and fortunately he said yes. As anyone who has ever talked to Bobby before knows, he's probably the single nicest guy walking the face of the planet and I can never thank him enough for the work he did on this masterpiece. It's truly even better than I ever could have expected.

The next step was hunting down all the accurate clothing as I wanted to make sure a bust of his caliber would not be wasted on cheap eBay Joker clothes. So, I bought the vest, shoes, shirt, gloves, pants and tie from Indy Magnoli. I was able to get a pair of the screen accurate socks from Tabio, the company who supplied them for production of TDK. I bought the gray sport jacket from a local store that had one which I felt was "close enough" given how little of it is shown on the display. The final, and most important piece IMHO, was the long purple overcoat and thankfully fellow RPF member Haywire(Ryan) had an accurate coat from Baron Boutique that had been modified to be as close to screen accurate as possible which he agreed to sell me. The final pieces to round out the display are a Gotham City manhole cover purchased from The Monster Company in the UK, a screen accurate switchblade knife and a brilliant Smith & Wesson M76 machine gun replica hand crafted by RPF member BornKilr(Spencer).

The display sits on a Da Vinci foam flexible mannequin that was modified and dressed by my good friend Jarod, who helped me out greatly over the last 5 months putting this whole thing together. In fact, there's no way I could have done this project without the help provided by him and fellow RPF member DarthWhitey(Brad) who answered countless questions and guided me every step of the way in putting this statue together. So, a very big thanks to everyone who helped out in making this statue a reality and I hope you enjoy the pics of my new "grail" piece.

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1636.jpg

img1605yn.jpg

img20121101092656.jpg

img1616sf.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

img20121101093010.jpg

img20121101092724.jpg

And here's a quick 1 min. video clip:

Powered by VideoBam - Free Video Hosting

Last edited:
Doh! Just realized I had accidentally put this in Marvel instead of DC. :slap

That is scary good. Hats off to the sculptor and you too for all the work you put into it. Thanks for sharing.

wow!!how much did you pay if you dont mind??

I'd rather not discuss price as I don't know if Bobby would want me giving out prices for his work in a public forum. Let's just say the whole display was far from cheap. ;)

That's not a statue. wtf? I don't know what you'd call it. Is it wax? I just can't look at that an appreciate the beauty, detail, or whatever you would say that thing exudes.

That's not a statue. wtf? I don't know what you'd call it. Is it wax? I just can't look at that an appreciate the beauty, detail, or whatever you would say that thing exudes.

What the hell are you talking about? That may be the stupidest thing I've read on this forum yet. If you don't like life-size statues that's fine, but to say you can't appreciate the detail in it shows you know absolutely nothing about art.

I so hope exhuming wasn't involved in this... That's how damn good it looks.

That being said, I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with that thing in my house. It's scary real. You could definitely scare the neighbors and some wayward children with that thing...

Private message from Brent72,

"Just wanted to let you know that I found your comments in my thread rude, obnoxious and completely unnecessary. Would you like me to pick apart your collection and tell you how much I think it sucks? I don't know what you were trying to prove with the statement you made, but the only thing I took from it is that you know absolutely nothing about art.

By the way, that statue probably costs more than everything in your entire collection combined so enjoy that little bit of info."

I guess he really doesn't take kindly to differing opinions, IMO. Should I have prefaced it with that? That's what it was.

IN MY OPINION

I may have came off crass, for that I am sorry, but I stand behind my opinion. If dislike my custom Logan grail piece feel free to tell me about it and why. I'm not 10.

Last edited:
I'd rather not discuss price as I don't know if Bobby would want me giving out prices for his work in a public forum. Let's just say the whole display was far from cheap. ;)

I'll give you 5 bucks for it... I might go 10, but you know, I have overhead and employees, it's going to sit around my shop for a while, and I have to make a profit. :)

If I were to guess... 5 figures put into it? Or mid 4s?

I guess he really doesn't take kindly to differing opinions, IMO. Should I have prefaced it with that? That's what it was.

IN MY OPINION

I may have came off crass, for that I am sorry, but I stand behind my opinion. If dislike my custom Logan grail piece feel free to tell me about it and why. I'm not 10.

My point was that it's obnoxious to go in someone's thread and say negative things about their collection. I'm sure you would be offended if someone did it to you. Apparently you never heard the saying "if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all"!

Btw, it's also rude to post someone's PM. That's why it's called "Private" message. Clearly you have nothing constructive to add to my thread so I'd appreciate it if you take your comments elsewhere from this point on.

Private message from Brent72,

"Just wanted to let you know that I found your comments in my thread rude, obnoxious and completely unnecessary. Would you like me to pick apart your collection and tell you how much I think it sucks? I don't know what you were trying to prove with the statement you made, but the only thing I took from it is that you know absolutely nothing about art.

By the way, that statue probably costs more than everything in your entire collection combined so enjoy that little bit of info."

IN MY OPINION

Actually, what you should have said was nothing at all. Brent is proud of his new piece, and came here to share his pride and excitement. If you didn't like it all you had to do was keep your opinion to yourself really. Would you tare apart a little kids drawing of you thought it looked bad??

I think it is a wonderful piece of art. Damn creepy, but that is the entire point.

Back