Battlestar Galactica 1/6 figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebelArt

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Sorry, not sure exactly where to post this. I really want to find some nice 1/6 figures of Batllestar Galactica characters; Starbuck (Kara Thrace), 6.. I haven had much luck searching on my own for Good Quality looking figures. Any suggestions or help is appreciated, I know one route is custom making it myself.. Any other options or where to start, what figures to pull clothing or pieces from or breakdown to do this?
Again, thank you all for any help.

Last edited:
Depends on your definition of "nice" I like these Majestic/Amok Time 1:6 figures, but they ain't "High End"

8abcd59c.jpg

As far as I know these are the only option for official BSG 1:6 figures (I don't have the Starbuck yet - basically the same figure as Apollo with a different head sculpt and his holster is on the other hip).

With a bit of minor customising - cutting away some of the elbow armour on the Cylons - you can improve the articulation massively.

They were released by Majestic Studios initially (who I think went bust?) Then the Cylons were re-released with the little metal cloth Skirts added and a few minor detail changes by Amok Time.

All out of production now and prices vary wildly on the aftermarket.

I actually picked a Cylon up direct from Sideshow recently! They must have found one in the warehouse! The rest have come from trawling eBay and Amazon......

Good luck - I love 'em - Good hunting. :)

Wish I'd picked up one of those cylons when I had the chance - I passed 'cause... 'cause.... I don't know why tf I passed :(

Tried looking at this a couple of years ago and found nothing that looked like uniforms or Viper pilot gear,Settled for two DS 6" figures in the end.
Good luck and post any pics if you get anywhere!

Ps should imagine the off duty look of t-shirt with sleeveless t-shirt and combat trousers would be quite easy.

I would love some figures of the new BSG!
One of my favorite, maybe my favorite, Sci-Fi show. The stories and acting and overall production values were great.
I would need a Six, Baltar, Adama, Starbuck and Apollo. At least.

I would love to see Hot Toys take a shot at the original series.

Hot Toys wont touch this property. Amok Time bought the license and had some nice prototypes made. They would have been reasonably priced at around $60 to $80 each. Had the line taken off there would have been many characters produced. It turned out very few BSG fans cared enough to preorder so the line was canceled. IF HT had any interest in classic BSG they MIGHT do a Cylon and Apollo and/or Starbuck then they would drop it and move on to something else. Customs are probably the only way anyone is ever going to have decent representations of these characters in thier collections. Same is true of the newer BSG.

Hot Toys wont touch this property. Amok Time bought the license and had some nice prototypes made. They would have been reasonably priced at around $60 to $80 each. Had the line taken off there would have been many characters produced. It turned out very few BSG fans cared enough to preorder so the line was canceled. IF HT had any interest in classic BSG they MIGHT do a Cylon and Apollo and/or Starbuck then they would drop it and move on to something else. Customs are probably the only way anyone is ever going to have decent representations of these characters in thier collections. Same is true of the newer BSG.

That is too bad. I always wanted someone to make very detailed Colonial warriors, Cylon's etc...

It is definitely too bad. I had the privilege of seeing the whole Amok Time BSG display (with display only BSG bridge) and they were terrific. Unfortunately the nature of the game is that smaller companies need those preorders to show that there is a market for them. I think that, had they actually been made, many folks would have been pleasantly surprised and the line would have enjoyed at least a few waves of success.

Had to have a go at this one, could use a better body so the the under shirt sits better but I dont think it looks too bad.
Jacket needs more work,proper patch etc.

It is definitely too bad. I had the privilege of seeing the whole Amok Time BSG display (with display only BSG bridge) and they were terrific. Unfortunately the nature of the game is that smaller companies need those preorders to show that there is a market for them...

I was very disappointed when those figures from Amok Time didn't make it into production.
I pre-ordered all five figures and I remember that at one point Amok Time said
that the BSG figures would definately be produced.
I took that as confirmation that they had enough pre-orders.

But then the release date was postponed and when they redesigned their webpage
the BSG pre-orders simply disappeared. I never got an e-mail from them and I never saw
them mentioning the figures again in their new section. My e-mails were never answered.
Very bad customer service.

My impression was that Amok Time as a newcomer in the business of action figuren production
underestimated the amount of work and money necessary to make those figures?

I saw that they recently released that "Killer Clowns" figure that had been announced
at approximately the same time as the BSG figures.
It took them several years to produce that figure!

If only some other company had taken over the BSG line from Majestic :(

Back