PF HULK WIP photos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitchin

Red Five
Reaction score
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/behindtheshow/?cat=26

check out the scale of the piece compared to the hand

hulk-2-arm%5B2%5D.jpg

FYI, that's my wife's hand... Needed her to hold the piece together while I snapped the pic.

By the way Pitchin, that's the coolest sig in the history of sigs. :D

THAT ROCKED!!!!!! I CAN'T wait to get him! Man that pic makes him look HUGE, great job Andy!! LOVE IT!!

:eek

So glad I jumped on board with this. :D I was questioning the Sideshow Podcast when they claimed that the piece was sure to dominate every collection. I thought, "It's only 20 inches tall! My Sauron statue has it beat by 20%!"

I guess I wasn't thinking three-dimensionally. :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out.

Andy, this is looking fantastic. How does it feel to be sculpting the most iconic Hulk statue ever?

So Glad I've both grey and green on preorder...There will never be a better Hulk representation than this one.Awesome.

Shai Hulud said:
So Glad I've both grey and green on preorder...There will never be a better Hulk representation than this one.Awesome.

Wish I could afford to get the green as well. It's going to be hard enough just swinging the grey.

No offense Andy you did a great job, but I just don't like that stupid looking Kirby style Hulk. I passed on both versions. The size is really huge BTW, I am glad I cancelled this considering even shipment of Iron man costs 140 $ to me, this would easily cost at least 200 $:eek: .

Wowie-freaking-zowie!

That IS huge! I'm so glad I've pre-ordered the Greeb hulk and his amazing purple stretchy pants! Excellent work, Andy!

Also, that is an awesome sigpic, Pitchin! Did you make that?

look at those freakin hands!

and that twist in the torso..... beautiful :monkey2

awesome work as always Andy :)

..I really wished that the pants were sculpted rather than fabricated.

...I like the muscle structure on the sculpt. You trully captured the human anatomy to perfection.

...Also...is it better to make a mini version of the sculpt before commiting to a full blown 20" or taller and bigger statue?

hulk-4-arm[2].jpg

...also...how do you eliminate those pesky fingerprint on the clay? Thanks.

LOL! No Ep. 1 Obi-Wan for me, that was just some of the reference I was using back when I sculpted the Ep. III Obi. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys!

As for the tiny maquette, I did that so we could get the pose approved by Marvel before continuing with the full-scale piece (much easier to work out revisions to the pose in the concept stage rather than the actual sculpt).

TOE-- There are lots of ways to eliminate fingerprints... Most commonly by brushing the surface down with solvents such as turpentine or mineral spirits.

whats your medium?

head looks like casteline and the rest super sculpey?

EDIT: nevermind. just read SS at the Clubhouse. Thats amazing detail you got there fella

Viking28 said:
Andy what bust is that in front of the mini hulk statue?

It was the Clay Moore Savage Dragon mini bust, excellent sculpt.

Occulum- It was all Super Sculpey except for the head, which was originally done in Castilene. Good eye! :)

Back