Ikea PAX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthChrisDK

The Blueberry Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all,

Since a lot of the new acquisitions I have on order are rather big (Hulk Maquette, Batman PF and some busts) I am considering moving onto a bigger type of display shelves.

I've always loved BESTA, but recently it would seem like these just doesn't do the job anylonger. Pieces are getting bigger...

Is any of you using PAX? Care to share some photos and walk us through what you have in your setup?

Also in terms of lighting.

Last edited:
Do you think the hulk maquette won't fit on a BESTA?

I don't have any display shelves yet, so I'm interested as well! My first Sideshow piece will be the Hulk...

I'm really not sure. I imagine it could if angled correctly. If you look at the measures of the Hulk Maquette, it's actually a little too big (length/depth).

25.5" H (647.7mm) x 17.25" W (438.15mm) x 18" L (457.2mm)

Mmhh! In that case we'll have to wait until the first batch arrives to some fellow members with bestas!

Well seeing there was A LOT of talk of this in the Besta thread... here is a RECENT post. Along with a link of what you need to put one together.

you need this, i have decided to abandon besta after much thought & planning and just get another wider pax, that takes up less space and fits a lot more.

The thing with besta is you really cant put too many statues in there, 2 per box and i cant find a good glass door that looks good.

Pax is 23" depth and 33" tall, you can fit pretty much anything in there short of life size...

pax1.jpg

pax_201207.jpg

THIS has the link I was talking about

check out this awesome pax post by gagaliya. I'm doing this next.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4693173&postcount=9

Oh and you are welcome in advance

Well Height wise you can get it to range from about 78 inches to 92 inches as well. Which would give you plenty of space really.

Wow, so this thing is 25" deep??

Enough room for Jabba's Throne, plus a few inches to spare.

Been at IKEA to look in person The Pax Wardrops and beleve me they are huge will fit anything, even Legendary Scale Figures no problem. I was going to buy one but it woulnt fit the car, so i ll go back again with a bigger car...lol. The only thing is that u will need to make ur doors custom made if u need doors that is, as the ones provided are either frosty glass, or wooden covered.They come in different sizes as well , so u have some options there , depending on ur needs and space....

Been at IKEA to look in person The Pax Wardrops and beleve me they are huge will fit anything, even Legendary Scale Figures no problem. I was going to buy one but it woulnt fit the car, so i ll go back again with a bigger car...lol. The only thing is that u will need to make ur doors custom made if u need doors that is, as the ones provided are either frosty glass, or wooden covered.They come in different sizes as well , so u have some options there , depending on ur needs and space....
If you take a look at the link above to tells you how to remove the frosted glass and replace it with a custom piece of transparent custom glass

If you take a look at the link above to tells you how to remove the frosted glass and replace it with a custom piece of transparent custom glass

The think is that am going for the smaller one with the 100cm leangth as i do not have space, so those have different cover doors.

Yeah ... I get that. I am looking to get a custom door possibly because the doors on the Pax I am looking at are pricey $300. I would look into getting custom plexiglass doors.

Back