Help with Star Wars 1/6 Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaliDragon

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
I was trying my best to avoid buying Star Wars figures.... there's just too many of them. But with Hot Toys coming out with a Luke Skywalker figure, i feel like my arm has been twisted to purchase one. So I did, 2 days ago, eventhough I tried my best to avoid it since it came out on presale.

So my Star Wars collection has started. My question is, what Star Wars figure should I get next? Now, Im a Star Wars fan, but Im not an extreme fan. By that I mean, I dont need to have the fifth Jedi who was training on the sixth scene on the Phantom Menace. I want the main characters (Han, Leia, Vader, etc.). Hot Toys is coming out with Han, so I will wait for that. But what should I get next? Is Vader 2.0 worth getting?

I would wait for the new delux Vader from SSC and see what HT has in line next (ROTS Anakin is likely).

SSC Yoda is good too.

If you don't want to get "sucked" in I'd just stick with HT offerings, hopefully they stick to OT and everything is quality.

Also, check out whats coming up from SSC, they've got Raiders landing now, Snowtroopers on the way, etc..

What I do is map out what i want to display and "try" to stick with what I like, its weird, but impulse decisions can stick with you for awhile and I've ended up with collecting lines I never intended to just because I got swept up in some nice pics.

If you are trying to avoid them...then dont buy any? If you start with one or two it will erupt into many....tale as old as time. Just thinking of how to respond to you my thoughts exploded into many..I was going to say "maybe get what you enjoyed most..like bounty hunters" The I went to thinking about Han in Carbo, then Jabba and his throne, creature pack....then you have to have Bespin Luke..and Lando...Vader is a must..and if you have Vader you need at least two Stormies and Emporer..and his throne...probably should pick up Piett and Antilles. Old Ben is a must, such a great figure...would be cool to have him and ANH Luke...the Tusken Raider would go awesome with them...wouldnt hurt to get a Desert Stormie then to go with the tatooine ones...how awesome would the stormy look on a Dewback..or just get the black Caldron Desert Stormy. Can you really have Han in Carbo and Jabba without Leia Boussh and Gamorrean Guard. Also..got to have Greedo with Han..and the table enviro to replicate the who shot first scene..did I meantion ANH Leia?

If you're trying to not get addicted, stay far away from the troopers... those guys are like plastic crack lol

If you are trying to avoid them...then dont buy any? If you start with one or two it will erupt into many....tale as old as time. Just thinking of how to respond to you my thoughts exploded into many..I was going to say "maybe get what you enjoyed most..like bounty hunters" The I went to thinking about Han in Carbo, then Jabba and his throne, creature pack....then you have to have Bespin Luke..and Lando...Vader is a must..and if you have Vader you need at least two Stormies and Emporer..and his throne...probably should pick up Piett and Antilles. Old Ben is a must, such a great figure...would be cool to have him and ANH Luke...the Tusken Raider would go awesome with them...wouldnt hurt to get a Desert Stormie then to go with the tatooine ones...how awesome would the stormy look on a Dewback..or just get the black Caldron Desert Stormy. Can you really have Han in Carbo and Jabba without Leia Boussh and Gamorrean Guard. Also..got to have Greedo with Han..and the table enviro to replicate the who shot first scene..did I meantion ANH Leia?

Yep... and thats how the fever works.

I'm not a "theme" collector. I stick with characters that I care about or representations of figures I liked as a kid. It helps if you set aside a space in advance. I have two detolfs, so that automatically limits how much I can get and display comfortably. It's a good way of keeping the addiction down. So far.
As far as really great SW figures, my short list:
Jabba
Emperor
Hammerhead
Old Ben

if you are trying to avoid then stop now and go to the marvel or dc threads...
but seriously..get 1 figure and you...are....doomed.
last count i was at nearly 60.staying off this site helps too.....NOT.lol

Im a huge SW Fan. But I will only collect characters from the Original Trilogy, but even that has its limits. I stick with only the main characters and the alien favorites. If you are already getting Bespin Luke, thats a great start. Then I would suggest waiting for SSC Vader 2.0 and HT Han. Others you might be interested in are SSC Boba Fett and Obi Wan.

So if you stuck to just main characters:
-HT DX07 Bespin Luke
-SS Darth Vader 2.0
-HT DX Han Solo
-SS Boba Fett
-SS ANH Obi Wan Kenobi

Those would be the best place to start. Im still waiting for a Decent Leia and Chewbacca to fit into my collection though.

Last edited:
You know, I don't really have the main three heroes! I don't have Han, Jedi Luke is in the closet (waiting for Vader 2.0) and my Leia is in her Boussh disguise, so she might as well be an alien.
I'm ok with this, really. I'm not as happy with how humans have turned out but the aliens all look amazeballs.

If you don't want to get "sucked" in I'd just stick with HT offerings, hopefully they stick to OT and everything is quality.

Also, check out whats coming up from SSC, they've got Raiders landing now, Snowtroopers on the way, etc..

What I do is map out what i want to display and "try" to stick with what I like, its weird, but impulse decisions can stick with you for awhile and I've ended up with collecting lines I never intended to just because I got swept up in some nice pics.

Hot toys already said the next figure was a PT offering, FYI.

I's funny, my Wife actually tolerates Hot Toys better than Sideshow. She is originally from Hong Kong, and when we went there to visit her family was when I "discovered" Hot Toys. They had the Ironman MK III there at the time, and I was blown away. I think it is sort of a pride thing for her that HK has HT and they produce figures so much better than anywhere else. So, she will complain about a $150 SS, but is silent about something like DX Luke, which is twice the price.

Then again, if I bought as many HT as I buy SS, she might forget and start complaining about that too.

The only SW figures I want are from the original 1977 movie:

The Droids (picking up from Tamashii)
Tusken Raider (Sideshow)
Darth Vader (Sideshow)
Stormtrooper (Sideshow)

waiting for high-end versions of:

Chewie
Han
Luke (farmboy)
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Princess Leia

And that'd be it for me, done. Maybe a Jawa too.

Sound pretty obvious, but why aren't you just picking up the figures that resonate with you personally?

So at this point, its best to wait for New Vader, Han, Chewie and Leia. And get Stormtroopers (2), Obi Wan (Sideshow) and Boba Fett (Sideshow). How about the new C3PO that Sideshow is coming out? Is that worth getting? Is there a good R2D2 out there? Is Sideshow's Lando, Han in Carbo, Darth Sidius worth getting?

Hmmmm... Well, here are a few that I think are really well done:

Boba Fett
IG-88
Darth Vader (With some mods... You might as well wait for the new version though)
Emperor Palpatine and Throne
Ben Kenobi (ANH)
Lando
Stormtrooper
Greedo
Hammerhead
Bith Musicians
Desert Sands Sandtrooper
Dewback
Yoda

So at this point, its best to wait for New Vader, Han, Chewie and Leia. And get Stormtroopers (2), Obi Wan (Sideshow) and Boba Fett (Sideshow). How about the new C3PO that Sideshow is coming out? Is that worth getting? Is there a good R2D2 out there? Is Sideshow's Lando, Han in Carbo, Darth Sidius worth getting?

Sideshow's Lando is a great figure. YES -worth picking up. I love the Darth Sidious/ Palpatine 2-pack and I recommend it too.

That new 3PO is made by a Japanese company and is VERY expensive... The jury is still out at this point as they've yet to ship this figure. Medicom also makes a 3PO and R2, but both are slightly undersized and expensive, though they are pretty nice.

Han in Carbonite is a polystone 1/6th statue/diorama... the damn thing is pretty hard to track down but it looks superb.

Lando is a favorite of mine but he does benefit from a body swap. The SS Stalker body works well.

Are you wanting Darth Sidious (PT) or the Emperor (OT)?

Back