Mezco Frankenstein review, NYCC Coverage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm checking out another October appropriate figure tonight - Mezco's Frankenstein! I'm loving all the Universal Monsters that are hitting right now, and this guy is one of my favorites.

I couldn't make it to NYCC this year, but a friend did provide some great coverage of the show for the site, including photos of Mattel, Kotobukiya, Lego, Mattel and more.

And because I don't think I mentioned earlier, a couple friends and I (James, Jeff and Eamon) are doing a new podcast, called the HotToysCast. It's only an hour, and we'll probably do it once a month or so unless something special dictates.

You can find all that stuff at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

If you like the stylized look, this is actually pretty good.
This would be especially nice if you get the rest of the monsters (Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature from Black Lagoon) in that same style.

They would all look nice together as a set.

This is the Mezco 9" version.

Was there a thread made for the Mezco 18" version? See below....

images
images

I dont think there was - but I bought this -- and it's really really cool - I actually prefer the sculpt of this to the 9"

something about the face I like better - though photographing with flash makes it look kinda weird ... the sculpt is phenomenal...

Last edited:
I dont think there was - but I bought this -- and it's really really cool - I actually prefer the sculpt of this to the 9"

something about the face I like better - though photographing with flash makes it look kinda weird ... the sculpt is phenomenal...

I like this too. Just to confirm this is a color version and not b&w, right?

Amazon has it for $75 and Sideshow for $99.

Do you have any photos? Thanks.

looks very different. from color to the size/ shape of the head, plus the real clothing

See, that's what I thought. I had this on pre-order from Sideshow 2-3 years ago before I received a cancelation notice from them. So I was wondering if this was the same thing? It does look a bit different though. :dunno

Back