Ariel Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguru1

Super Freak
Reaction score
While a few new Disney busts were released lately, the only one I got was the Ariel one.
While it has has issues, both with paint and casting, at the end of the day, considering the price (including postage) it's hard to really complain too much. I'm still pretty happy with it, tho I think Belle is still be best.

Ariel - Front by theguru1, on Flickr

Ariel - Side by theguru1, on Flickr

Ariel - Back by theguru1, on Flickr

Ariel - Close_up by theguru1, on Flickr

And a group shot of all three that I have so far:

Ariel_Belle_Snow-White by theguru1, on Flickr

I picked up all six of the new wave, my favorite is Jiminy Cricket. Cheshire Cat came out looking fantastic. My Ariel looks just like yours...there is something off-putting about the eyes, can't place it though.

.there is something off-putting about the eyes, can't place it though.

That's definitely the first thing I noticed. There's a few problems, but the main one seems to be the eyes weren't painted where they were sculpted. Look at her left eye, and the unpainted socket just next to / above it.

I really don't like any of the human characters in this line. The animals look great. But all of the human faces are jacked up.

Nah, there's been some good human faces...Hook, Pan, Triton, DeVil, and more. But Belle and Ariel were somewhat off I admit.

I'm starting to wonder if I need to take better photo's or worse ones :dunno

While it's not the greatest "statue", it only cost me $80 and that included overseas shipping. By far what I want more is a PF of all three, but i've basically given up on Sideshow ever making those, so this will just have to do.

I know what's different.
If you take a look at the Picture from sideshow,you'll see that the blue in her eyes is smaller and it's more to the right.
She's looking a little bit to the right,that also means that
the black doth in the eye has to be more to the right and a little bit smaller aswell.
Also the upper lip,had to be just a little bit fuller.
Know she's looking in front.
You can say that the painting is a little slobby,but i'm lucky it's not sobad as the picture above here.
Also here finger are like on hand,the paint between the fingers closed the hand.
And the finger are sharp pointed.

I have over 120 GG bust.
All the sidshow LOTR maquette.
Sideshow alien and predator diorama's
And 11 disney bust,but this is the worst painting job I have ever seen.
And the her fingers....bad finish!!!!!!!!:slap

Close up of the Faces.
You`lle see that all eyes are similar,white with colored eye bol,and a little whit dot inside.
The Bad guys all have small white eyes and a black dot. (no picture)
Only that from Ariël is quit big,and an too big eye liner,makes here eyes scared from a closer look,and changes to whole look of the face.
Because of the dot,and to big blue eye bol,she`s not looking to the right side anymore,but in front.

Last edited:
Ariel Bust grand jester studio`s

Lets put them next to each other.
Mine picture next to the sideshow picture promissed look.

and a picture of all tree.

I picked up the newest set of 6 busts and was extremely impressed. They look much better than the Ariel one and have helped restore some trust in this line!

Can any of you post pics of Briar Rose/Aurora's bust? I was considering getting her, but after Ariel's outcome, I really wanted to see what was the actual look of the bust in hand...Anyone could do me the favour? :D

Back