Repainted Evil Ash from AOD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok, here is my newly repainted Evil Ash, all gross and bloody.... just the way he should be! Enjoy..... :D

142192612O023293280.jpg

142192622O383073351.jpg

142192744O320012785.jpg

142192781O066239638.jpg

142192763O001800544.jpg

142192767O058272603.jpg

Groovy! I love the Ash figures, and your paint job really makes him pop. Nice job!

Thanks Batty! I was happy as Hell to get a second swing at this figure. He always looked a little too muted, just as many paint apps on horror figs tend to be from SSC. I wanted him to look a little more meaty, but not as black as my older one. So I went with several layers of variations of reds to get some more depth. I also weathered the helmet and the clothing, to really reiterate the fact that he was cut to bits by a chainsaw and buried... hence his shirt would not be clean by any means.... :lol

Either way it was a blast and I'm glad to have him back on the shelf as he should have been.

Thanks Les, that means a lot coming from someone so talented.... He was a steal at $15, and now at least he looks as nice as he should have from the start.

Now I am all out of stuff to do.... :monkey2

wow very nice work. love the army of darkness ash and evil ash. two very cool figures from (relatively) way back.

Man, that looks great. I have been meaning to pick up an evil ash since they go for so cheap, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

John..this is one of my top 5 Sideshow figure ever released.A very underestimate figure IMO....I suggest you get one on ebay..he's so cheap and easy to get.Of course with D.A, 's talent the figure shines even more...

Shai Hulud said:
John..this is one of my top 5 Sideshow figure ever released.A very underestimate figure IMO....I suggest you get one on ebay..he's so cheap and easy to get.Of course with D.A, 's talent the figure shines even more...
The law has spoken! I will probably snag one off ebay this week. There are quite a few auctions for this guy at the moment, so hopefully I can score one really cheap.

Wow....thanks everyone for all of the praise on this figure. Unlike my Jason (which seemed to be a once in a lifetime paint app), Evil Ash came out even better than the first. I think I have a quick and easy process for him and can do it easily for anyone that ever wants it. (this time it took me 2 hours)

And John, if you look hard enough you should be able to find one very cheap. My first one was $8 and the second cost about $15.... not too shabby. As Shai said, it IS a very underrated figure and the detail in the sculpt is second to none. You won't regret it in the least if you get one...

Darth Kustomizer said:
Great repaint by the way!

It was the AOD figures that really hooked me into the Sideshow line of products.

Thanks DK... Yeah, these figures were some of my first SSC products. I love that movie and the entire series so much... I could not resist them. I still wish I had the skill to make a really nice Evil Dead 2 Ash. He was the best of the series IMO, just disturbed and showed great character transition.

If I only had a better headsculpt I could probably pull it off.... :monkey2

Back