Uncanny Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister Ski

Super Freak
Reaction score
I haven't read comics (Marvel - X Books and Avengers) for about 15 years, but occasionally I scan online for general updates. So while I may not know the specifics, I have a general understanding of what has been going on.

I see that Marvel has launched a new title spun out of X vs A called Uncanny Avengers. Has anyone read this yet and if so, what did you think of it? I am curious because the roster literally contains 6 of my favorite heroes (Cap, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Wolvie and) especially Havok as the team leader :rock and I am tempted to read it.

I haven't read comics (Marvel - X Books and Avengers) for about 15 years, but occasionally I scan online for general updates. So while I may not know the specifics, I have a general understanding of what has been going on.

I see that Marvel has launched a new title spun out of X vs A called Uncanny Avengers. Has anyone read this yet and if so, what did you think of it? I am curious because the roster literally contains 6 of my favorite heroes (Cap, Thor, Scarlet Witch, Rogue, Wolvie and) especially Havok as the team leader :rock and I am tempted to read it.

Also interested... I haven't pulled the trigger because it's showing up at $4.49 on comiXology.

Biding my time though.. :)

I am calling it now that the next major marvel event will be brother against brother (cyke vs havoc)

Hopefully Havok will be given a larger role in the Marvel universe now. Always felt he was underused. Would like his suit to be updated though. Something seems so bland about it. Wouldn't be so bad if they took the time to highlight on the black.

Last edited:
Could anyone give a brief summary or the gist of AvX? Wanted to pick it up but never got a chance.

Erm it's basically...

Phoenix is returning to Earth
Scott Summers wants it to be the savior of Mutant kind
Avengers don't
Big huge fight between Mutants & X-men that lasts 12 main issues & umpteen hundred side books.

That's it in a nutshell.

I quite enjoyed it but I didn't bother with anything other than the 12 AvX issues themselves.

Neil

Erm it's basically...

Phoenix is returning to Earth
Scott Summers wants it to be the savior of Mutant kind
Avengers don't
Big huge fight between Mutants & X-men that lasts 12 main issues & umpteen hundred side books.

That's it in a nutshell.

I quite enjoyed it but I didn't bother with anything other than the 12 AvX issues themselves.

Neil

Cheers mate!

So AvX leads to Xaviers death?

Also is this new marvel universe a reboot like DC's 52?

Cheers mate!

So AvX leads to Xaviers death?

Also is this new marvel universe a reboot like DC's 52?

No worries :)

Indeed it does.

I'm taking the Marvel NOW stuff to be very much like DC's New 52 but Marvel are adamant it's not.
I've only grabbed a few titles so far as I can't afford to get to involved with these along with the rest of my Pull List but what I've read so far has been ok (Uncanny Avengers / Thor: God of Thunder / New X-Men)

I've also been picking up AvX: consequences as well which is a fall out series from the AvX storyline but I've not started on them yet.

Neil

Marvel Now doesn't strike me like New 52 at all. It's not a reboot. Everything that happened prior to Now! still occured.

Marvel Now doesn't strike me like New 52 at all. It's not a reboot. Everything that happened prior to Now! still occured.

Most of the New 52 is like that as well...especially the Green Lantern stuff everything that went before is still there.
Batman titles still have the history in place as well, it just seems that a few titles new or rewrite what went before

Neil

Back