Alien: The Illustrated Story, The Original Art Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
null-5.jpg

"Two of comics' greatest talents - Walt Simonson and Archie Goodwin - joined forces to bring Ridley Scott's epic Alien to the comic book page, including scenes cut from the final movie! The limited run Artist's Edition presents the story for the very first time in a huge 14" x 17" hardcover. The Artist's Edition also includes never-before-published color try out pages, early sketches and Archie Goodwin's complete annotated script, and an interview with Walt Simonson, providing an in-depth view into the creation of a legendary comic. Signed by artist Walter Simonson."

Batty suggested I post this new edition which arrived today here, and I was considering it before he even mentioned it, because the book looks too good not to share. Now, I have not opened the shrink wrap yet, but can't wait for the opportunity to pour over this edition. It has lots of cool additional features in it which are listed in the description above, and to top it off, is signed by Walter Simonson.

I also got two of the regular floppy color editions. Cant' quite recall why I ordered two of them. But I do know I love me some Alien, especially anything original Alien era.

I'll try to post some internal images when I get the chance.

Anybody else getting one of these? They're available from Amazon for $45...

Fury, it looks like you lucked out. Only copies ordered through Diamond Distributors are signed...not the ones from Amazon. That's why you got yours this week and Amazon won't be shipping theirs until the end of the month.

I would have liked a signed edition but will have to settle for the regular one instead. :(

I need to get this. Gotta save up some money though getting ready to move so this will have to wait :(

Where did you get that from, Fury?? It still says "This title will be released on October 30, 2012." on [ame]https://www.amazon.com/Alien-Illustrated-Story-Original-Art/dp/1781161305[/ame] :(

I just received mine. This thing is huge. One can only guess how massive IDW's Wally Wood Artist Edition must be.

alienbl.jpg

alienbjpg.jpg

Dunno - it's still shrinkwrapped and I'm not sure I want to take it out of it yet. Things are pretty rough around here, so I might keep it like that for a while, just in case I have to re-sell. :monkey2

I got it off Amazon UK FWIW.

Okay, I got a chance this afternoon to pop the shrink wrap and take a look inside this huge and beautiful edition. Needless to say I am blown away. There is a ton of extra material included. The entire graphic novel script is reproduced in four up in the back matter. There are tryout pages which are gorgeous in their own right.

But best of all is the tipped in vellum page with a full Alien drawn by Simonson. I'm blown away by its beauty and craftsmanship. I'll show detailed images of it in the next post.

For now, a few interiors:

null-12.jpg

null-11.jpg

null-10.jpg

Back